Printing a gantt chart

Hi,

I have a gantt chart that runs,in days, for 9 months.  How do I print it on
multiple A3 pages?? I have tried page set up and chosen 'print to', and it
prints only the element which is shown on the white grid page..

Hope this makes sense

Kind regards

Amanda
0
Amanda (82)
8/8/2007 4:02:08 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The white grid area represents the printable area. You can use Page Setup to
make it bigger or drag an edge of the white grid while holding the CTRL key
to make the printable area bigger.

John...    Visio MVP

Need stencils or ideas? http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm
Need VBA examples?   http://visio.mvps.org/VBA.htm
Visio Wishlist       http://visio.mvps.org/wish_list.htm
"Amanda" <Amanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a gantt chart that runs,in days, for 9 months.  How do I print it
> on
> multiple A3 pages?? I have tried page set up and chosen 'print to', and it
> prints only the element which is shown on the white grid page..
>
> Hope this makes sense
>
> Kind regards
>
> Amanda

0
lancucki (505)

Programable Controls on a Chart
I've got a simple chart in Excel 2003 that I want to add controls to that progrmaticaly chage the data the chart referes to when the user manipulates the control. When I open a control toolbox, the controls are greyed out when the chart is active. When I then select a worksheet the controls are then available (Not greyed out). Is there a setting to make controls available on a chart or is this not possible? -- CroceJC You can't embed ActiveX controls in a chart, however the Forms controls will typically work fine for most needs. Regards, Peter T "jc...

Chart sheet in Excel 2007
Hi! I often used chart sheets in Excel 2003, but I can't find the same possibility in Excel 2007. I want a chart to cover the whole worksheet-window like it did in Excel 2003 (without showing the pivot-table). Is this possible in Excel 2007? I have tried to use the "Zoom to Selection"-command, but with no success. I would appreciate to know if this is possible in Excel 2007. -- Atri Hi, F11 will create you a chart sheet, as it did in xl2003. If you already have a chart object on a worksheet you can move it to a chart sheet via the ribbon. With chart selected use Cha...

Word not printing images, why?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a 103 page document, just printed it all out to realise word has left out the images!!! Why??? In Word/Preference &quot;Print&quot; section look at the Include with document section. Put a tick in &quot;Drawing objects&quot; - this should do the trick. <br><br>Alan Nope, it was already selected. I ended up saving to pdf then printing. If the output to PDF included the images it suggests that Word is doing its job as it should & all settings in the program are corr...

automatic chart update for my stocks
Hi: I have a question: Is there a way of creating excel chart that would automaticaly update my chart with the latest stock price? Please respond and Thanks! Bogdan [This followup was posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting with an email copy to Bogdan. Please use the newsgroup for further discussion.] See the Dynamic Charts tutorial on my web site. -- Trouble finding replies to your posts? Use a newsreader. See the tutorial 'Outlook Express and Newsgroups' on my web site Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tut...

Help on printing
I have this code on a SDI CFormView based aplication. Could you please tell me why doest'n it work. Thank you! void CPortRecView::OnPrint(CDC* pDC, CPrintInfo* pInfo) { // TODO: add customized printing code here if(pInfo) m_rcPrintRect=pInfo->m_rectDraw; } void CPortRecView::OnDraw(CDC* pDC) { // TODO: Add your specialized code here and/or call the base class CRect rcClient; if(pDC->IsPrinting()) { // A Imprimir, ent�o usa rectangulo de impress�o rcClient=m_rcPrintRect; } else // N�o est� a imprimir, ent�o serve client rect { GetClientRect(&rcClient); ...

Unusual Chart Type?
I am running Excel2000. I wish to create a chart that does not seem t be supported in Excel. The data consists of a table of dates an �states� (let�s call them A, B, C, D and E). One column is dates an the next is states. Dates will be in order. A given date could hav any state. So the first col might be {03-Apr, 04-Apr, 05-Apr, 06-Apr 07-Apr, 08-Apr, �} while the second might be {A,B,D,B,B,E, �}. I wis to plot this data with the state on the Y axis and the date on the axis. I need an X-Y plot, not cols or bars. This is easy if th states are numbers. But I cannot find a way to do t...

Printing with Two Viewss
I have two views with each document and I would like to print what is in the second view. When the second view has focus, then Print Preview and Print are greyed out on the File Menu and I can't find any information on what has to be done to print. My second view is CView class. I will appreciate any help. --Wes Wes, By far the easiest way to start is createing an empty project with print/print preview support, and one without. Then, see what code you'll have to add to view number two. Remove this code from view number one. Then, just hold your thumbs, hoping that the com...

Program a macro to print
I have an employee expense report that contains employee information in the first five rows. The rows 6 through 30 are blank and for the employee to fill in (or add additional rows if necessary) with a list of their expenses. In rows 31 - 37, there is information that the employee acknowledges that the expenses listed in the rows are true and incurred on behalf of his/her job duties. I have a macro that automatically prints this worksheet. If the employee doesn't have enough expenses to fill all the rows between 6 and 30, I would like to create a routine in my macro...

Printing on a preprinted form from multiple printers
I have a preprinted form that I print onto from an access report. Getting it to print just right onto the form is tedious. I have multiple people in different offices that need to print onto the forms as well, and each has a personal printer in their office. Each printer prints onto the preprinted form differently requireing me to create a new instance of the report for each printer. Any time someone gets a new printer, I have to create a new instance of the report for that new printer. I need a better idea on how to handle this. Thank you in advance. Can you design a repor...

Chart
I am trying to build a combination chart using two different sets of data from two worksheets. From the chart wizard, I see a column - line combination chart. I do not like this chart type, because the lines look like trend lines. I would like to build a chart with a column- column combination. Probably both stacked. So, my chart will have months on the x-axis, QTY on the y-axis, 3Cities Stacked as Grouped1 and 3Cities Stacked as Group2. Does this make sense and does anyone know how to build a user defined chart like this? Mike - It's not so hard. And don't think you h...

Frequency domain chart?
Is it possible to use Excel to produce a frequency domain chart? Y-values will be in dB (decibels) and X- values in normal frequency values. thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Put your X data in column A and the Y data in column B. Select this range, run the chart wizard, and create an XY Scatter chart. You can make either axis of a scatter chart in...

Save user-defined chart types in a shared Excel template?
I am trying to create a template to be distributed throughout the company to aid in the creation of standard charts -- colors, patterns, fonts, etc. Unfortunately, Ihave not been able to get the user-defined chart types to save with the template. Is it possible to do this? I'm new to Excel, so I hope I'm just missing something. On Tue, 5 Sep 2006, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, graphicslady <graphicslady@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am trying to create a template to be distributed throughout the company to >aid in the creation of standard charts -- colors,...

Allow changing printer destination after you print to screen
Ehen printing a report, you cannot change the destination of the report after you have seleccted to print. it would be great to be able to direct the document to a specific printer with a dialog box. I couldn't agree more! It is irritating that the printer can not be changed once it prints to the screen. Joe @ Aero Air >-----Original Message----- >Ehen printing a report, you cannot change the destination of the report after >you have seleccted to print. it would be great to be able to direct the >document to a specific printer with a dialog box. >. > Amen. I...

Using 'Print Preview' before Printing in IE 8
Hello. I am using Win XP Prof and IE 8. I have a hotmail message that is actually a 'chain' of emails back and forth so it is obviously more than one page but when I go into 'File, Print Preview,' it only shows 'one page' with a footer on the bottom with the rest of the emails 'cut off.' I only want to print one part of the email. Why doesn't print preview show the 'entire' email with the correct number of pages that I can 'page up' and 'page down' on. I would like to be able to 'page down' to the page I...

Publisher will not print multiple copies, other apps do? Help!
I have tried everything I know how to do. Publisher will not print multiple copies, but other applications will. What version Publisher? Doe the print fail in all Publisher projects? Have you looked into an upgraded driver? Will Publisher print multiple copies if you change the number in the printer folder? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "sidewinder" <sidewinder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FBA3DCE-AE53-432E-8A7E-D6B3D6B1736A@microsoft.com... >I have tried everything I know h...

Charts change by user
I have a set of charts to track daily data. On my PC with my resolution they look perfect. But when other users look at them with their lower resolutions they look different. The legend and other items move and do not fit the chart anymore. Is there a way to make the charts look the same no matter who looks at them and no matter what their resolution is? Thanks! Tim - I suppose you could export them as GIF files, and report them in a web page. Then everyone has the same low resolution. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index...

Hash marks in a chart
I have a chart where I am charting Left Center and Right weights of a strip of material. My chart is fine for showing the average of these 3 measurements and I have a second chart showing the ranges. But I also need it to show hash marks for each of the L, C, R measurements. So, for example. left =260 center = 257 right = 263 The average is shown using the standard charting but the individual numbers (260, 257, 263) need to be shown also Now the left , center, and right on the chart will need to be represented like this: Left = \ Center = - Right = / Any Idea how I might accomplish this? ...

Trying to do this chart
I'm hoping somebody could tell me how to do this chart: I have several scheduled tasks that start at different times and run for various durations of time. I'd like to create a chart with the scheduled times as the Y axis and durations as the X axis. I'd like to have bars (or lines, etc.) that fill in for the duration. So the end result will be something where I can see from a glance how many of these processes are overlapping. Any ideas? tod It sounds like you want a Gantt Chart. http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html "Tod" <todtown@swbell...

Disappearing charts
I have a chart I added a text box to and now the graph will not print if I use a print area. If I print the chart window, the graph prints but not if I print using a print area that includes data outside of the chart window. Any ideas how I can get my chart to print including the graph? ...

Print Problems Excel 2003
Hi, I am trying to print a chart as a PDF with some data beside it. There are currently 960 points (240 rows, 4 columns, plus 2 axis) The chart displays fine within Excel worksheet, but when print or print preview is selected about half way down the 1st page the majority of the graph points are in a single row and then on subsequent pages the graph section is blank (The graph and data prints over 6 pages). I have tried sending straight to printer but with similar results. Any ideas ( I use the same chart format with less rows and more columns, but will overall less points and do not h...

how can I print an invoice from outlook ?
Is there any way I can set up my 'orders' in outlook so that they can print out as an Invoice or packing slip? I run a small business and don't have an accounting programme at the moment. I have to manually type all the invoices from the orders I receive. I know there must be an easier way - any help gratefully received ! Or anyone recommend a small business programme which I could use? Thanks QuickBooks "Bridget" <Bridget@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8997C71D-819D-4B9D-A1DA-F9419603881E@microsoft.com... > Is there any way I can set u...

Report Taking a Long Time to Print
I have a main report with 2 subreports in it. One of the subreports seems to be holding up the report when it comes to running and printing. When I run the query and/or report for the problem subreport it returns data within 1 minute. When I run the main report, it takes anywhere up to 5 minutes to run and about 12 minutes to print. When this subreport is removed from the main report, running and printing is under 1 minute, so I know this subreport is the problem. I had seen a post similar to this question and I tried the suggestions (removing page breaks, turning force new page ...

Tally chart cells exist in Excel!??
Hello I was wondering if for example there exists a way in which yo have a cell which u put a line like &#9553; to represent "1" so fo example if you have 5 of those lines in a cell, i want the cell besid to display the number "5". Is this possible, if so can anyone explain me how to do it Thanks for your time From John Woo -- Neo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Neo1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3032 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50618 H...

extending source data in several charts
I have a big Excel doc with numerous charts, each with numerous lines. About once per month, I need to extend the charts for about a month. This is a very painful process for each graph (multiplied by numerous graphs!). Does anyone have any simple method to do a mass change, standard or VBA? This would be extremely helpful. I also noticed some posts using OFFSET, but this would be too confusing for my father (for whom I am doing this) and too cumbersome. Something like a standard function or a VBA macro that I can program would make his life so much easier. Thanks much! if you don...

Landscape Printing #3
Yes. We have the latest drivers. I installed this printer 3 weeks ago, and downloaded drivers from hp.com. It is network printer installed on W2K server and shared. Used by 15 users all running XP Pro. This problem is only with 2 workstations, but they are same hardware+installed in same way and same time like all workstations. What else can be wrong? ...