printing a 50:1 scale plan

I'm trying to print a 50:1 scale plan of a large room on a sheet of A3
paper. If A3 is too small I can move up to a plotter if required.

What I need to end up with is a physical printout that measures 2cm for
every metre.

I'm finding the number of different settings confusing - please could
someone suggest the correct settings to me?

0
john6056 (7)
8/8/2008 7:05:29 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

printing png
Any png object that I insert into a Publisher 2002 page prints with a fine broken black border. No problems printing pngs with Picture It or Adobe Photoshop Elements so its a Pub problem. Anyone else have this problem? Does it happen with newer versions? D. L. Ridder wrote: > Any png object that I insert into a Publisher 2002 page > prints with a fine broken black border. No problems > printing pngs with Picture It or Adobe Photoshop Elements > so its a Pub problem. Anyone else have this problem? Does > it happen with newer versions? Incorrect assumption. There are *...

Recieving Domain.2 sending Domain.1
I have currently set up my Exchange 2003 server for 2 companies receiving 2 domain names everything is working fine except the users of domain name.2 are sending their e-mail out as user@domainname.1 how do I correct this so that they send out user@domainname.2? Thank you for your time On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 06:26:06 -0700, LaOVis <LaOVis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have currently set up my Exchange 2003 server for 2 companies receiving 2 >domain names everything is working fine except the users of domain name.2 are >sending their e-mail out as user@domainname.1...

Campaign Planning Tasks
I don't understand why when I create new tasks associated to a certain campaign why they are linked to PLANNING TASKS instead of a campaign activity. It is my understanding that planning tasks must all be completed before you can activate a campaign. How can you then create PLANNING TASKS after the campaign is already active? I am creating these new tasks in Outlook. Hi, You don't need to complete the planning tasks to activate a campaign. "Planning" may be a bit misleading but it actually is "to-do related to that campaign"; this include the campaign respons...

Printing margin errors
OK here is a puzzle. I've got Excel worksheets that print OK on some computers (and printers) but on some the same worksheet goes to two pages instead of one. Any ideas? I've checked the normal stuff like default page set-up etc Evan If your not using the print to fit option, then you are subject to printer based paper margins, font sizes, ect that are slightly different between different printers. >-----Original Message----- >OK here is a puzzle. I've got Excel worksheets that print >OK on some computers (and printers) but on some the same >worksheet goes ...

Print messages
It would be nice to be able to print messages before deleting them, shy of cut n paste to a word doc. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=16b94e5e-7f6b-4ebe-97c...

Macro to Synchronize data frm svrl workbooks & columns to 1 workbo
I am trying to record a macro that will pull from several different workbooks with active data. For Example: I want to take the data in workbook1 column "A" and copy and paste it to column "A" in workbook3, then look at workbook2 and copy and paste the data in column "A" to the first open cell in workbook3 column "A". It then needs to do the same thing for column "B" & "C". The data in workbooks 1 & 2 columns "A", "B" & "C" will be changing daily. The problem I run into when I try to...

Print Preview slows my code?
Running 2007 Prof+. I have a block of code that runs (yes with screenupdating = false) to loop through a collection of cells and hide some rows, show some rows and perform row-height autofit on the ones showing. When I open the file, all is well - code runs nice and fast. However, once I've done a PrintPreview, code slows drastically and remains slow for as long as I have the file open. If I close and reopen the file, now it's fast again. SO. Is there some object I can get at with code to reset it to the before-print-preview state? Thanks for whatever help you have...

Supress Message Header when Printing
Does anyone know how I can supress the message header when printing with Outlook 2002? ...

How do I print a one page spreadsheet multiple time, each with its own page number?
Hello: I have a one page spreadsheet, essentially a template. I would like t be able to print as many copies as needed, but each copy has to print unique sequence value, which increments by one every time it i printed. This variable may require some formatting, but it's somewhat like page number. Printing multiple copies is just reprinting page one t Excel; each page is labeled 1. I'd rather not copy my print range number of times into the workbook, but that's what I did, just to ge started. I don't have any VB experience; I was just trying to us Excel's existing ...

PROBLEM:How to squeeze 2 Page sized Chart in Excel 2000 & embed in Word 2000 and print from Word to fit one page ???
Hello , I am a university student and I have drawn a graph of some curves and it is about 2 pages wide . The university wants me to embed it in Word and send the Word document to them electronically . My problem is how can I embed it so that when the university prints out my project it fits to one page only so that it can be read easily? Can anyone help ? Thanks . Peter On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 17:13:50 +1000, someone@somewhere.com wrote: >Hello , > >I am a university student and I have drawn a graph of some curves and >it is about 2 pages wide . The university wants me to e...

report not printing
I have a report with a header and detail section. In the past, it has functioned properly when I have (usually) faxed the report to its recipient. Now, for some unknown reason, I cannot fax the report, nor can I even print it to my local printer. My WinFax screen opens, and I enter appropriate info, but nothing gets faxed: or, the print dialogue screen opens, and I enter # of copies, etc., but nothing happens! Can anyone explain what might have gone wrong? (Note that IU have no problem printing other items from my Db, as well as other items from other apps on my pc.) Richard ...

DPM2007, HP 1/8 G2 Autoloader and compression
We have a 1/8 G2 920 Autoloader and are using Microsoft DPM2007 as back-up software. We are using 800GB Ultrium tapes (C7973A) as back-up medium. We are making a back-up of files, Exchange and SQL server bak files and have tape spanning enabled. The problem we have is that we would like to compress data to the tapes, so that we can use the full 800GB instead of 400GB, but we are unable to get data compressed. There are 2 compression option settings. Compression by DPM or compression by tape drive. We've played around enabling and disabling one or both of them, but we are u...

How to print only selected columns from a worksheet
Is there a best way to set up a Worksheet so that it will only print selected columns? For example, I am using a spreadsheet to allow multiple users to enter data. However, they only need to print six of the 52 columns in which they are entering data. The columns are NOT adjacent to one another. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Hi Mike, One way is to hide the other columns before you print. You could also record a macro to do this for you and maybe a second macro to unhide after you print. HTH Martin "Mike C" <js2k111@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:673cade2-be...

Converting bitmap depth from 1-bit to 32-bit
Hi, Will somebody help...in converting bitmap depth from 1-bit to 32-bit. What 32-bit encoding are you using (RGBA? 10-bit RGB?)? But all you have to do is pick up each bit of the 1-bit image and create a 32-bit white or black pixel (or any two colors of your choice, actually) joe On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 02:03:55 -0700, Nilesh <nileshkontamwar@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, >Will somebody help...in converting bitmap depth from 1-bit to 32-bit. Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm ...

Printing the whole month for my calendar
so I'm trying to figure out how to print my calendar in outlook 2003. My problem is that Jan has 31 days therefore this would be 6 weeks and I can't get it to work. I'd like to keep the weekend uncompressed. Any ideas? The help is appreciated! Try one of the Word Templates for printing your calendar here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar_print.asp -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furio...

VC++ 7.1
i'm working on porting software to Visual Studio 7.1, and this is the last big problem i'm having. this isn't the only place i'm having the problem, but i think it should explain it. there's a class CTechDlg that extends CFileDialog. in it, m_ofn is used several times: m_ofn.Flags |= (OFN_EXPLORER | OFN_ENABLETEMPLATE | OFN_HIDEREADONLY | OFN_NOTESFILECREATE | OFN_NOCHANGEDIR ); //... m_ofn.lpTemplateName = MAKEINTRESOURCE( IDD_SELECT_PROJECT ); //and some others compiling this code gives the error: fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR (compiler f...

Com+ 1.5 exposed as web service
Hello, I recently upgraded to xp64. Development is still done in 32. I've found that com+ 1.5 apps exposed as a web services no longer work locally due to this error: Server cannot access application directory 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\com\SoapVRoots\<app name> The directory does not exist or is not accessible because of security settings. The apps will work properly on other machines. Machine configs, security settings, etc... look identical between the newer 64 bit machines and the older 32 bit ones. In fact I've given a number of additional permissions to the Soa...

change size of newsletter printing too small
I have created a newsletter for work and cant seem to get it to print the correct size, it is very small. I cant figure out how to enlarge it to 8x11 size paper. Its printing half of that. Help! agisch@aol.com On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 00:52:07 +0100, anthony isch wrote (in article <C48AF685-F882-4A08-87F3-8B4E80710FF5@microsoft.com>): > I have created a newsletter for work and cant seem to get it to print the > correct size, it is very small. I cant figure out how to enlarge it to 8x11 > size paper. Its printing half of that. Help! agisch@aol.com 1) Sorry, we don't do pers...

enter Version "1.1" displays date format (01Jan)
Hi, I�m using Excel2000 and have one sheet for version control. Starting with: Version 1.0 1.1 etc... Thats how it should look like... But after my "1.0" it permanently persists to show "1jan" instead of 1.1 When checking the format it says "custom"; changing it back to "General" it displays 37987; that�s "fair enough";-) Trying to use the chance to modify it to 1.1 will result in "1Jan" again... Any help? I�m working in Germany... Thanks, Bernhard Try formatting the cell as Number "barnybe" <barnybe@gmx.de> wrote ...

Rollup 1 vs. V3c client
I take it one should install the Update Rollup 1 on the server even if the V3c client is to be installed on the workstations? And then is it safe to assume V3c includes all the rollup 1 client updates? Thanks, - Steve Yates - ITS, Inc. - "Technoweenie" should be said with RESPECT! ~ Taglines by Taglinator - www.srtware.com ~ You are right. If you have installed the v3c on the clients, then all the hotfixes which are in the rollup 1 are installed as well. Furthermore for the server you'd still need to install the update rollup 1. Kind regards, -- Ronald Lemmen ...

Dexterity Runtime error after SP2 on 1 workstation
We have one work station that is receiving the Dexterity Runtime error: "The PM_Mass_Voucher_Save_Buttong trigger is not registered" We login a couple of times then it's ok. Has any one else seen this problem? Do you have any third party products installed? It sounds like SP2 caused one of them to stop working properly. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Glen" wrote: > We have one work station that is receiving ...

How do I enter a time in excel so it does not print as 1:00:00 PM
I am using Excel to create a event function sheet for a meeting. In one column is the start time and another column is the end time. When I merge it into a document, the start time shows as (for example) 1:00:00 PM. But the end time will print as 8:30 PM. How do I change the start time to read as 1:00 PM? Are you talking about mail merge? That is more of a word question than excel http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.aspx -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Portland, Oregon "Geet" <Geet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:43272BE8-29C...

Blackberry users - 1 can send
Greetings to all, We have 1 SBS 2003 server and use Exchange for messaging. I have 2 Blackberry users, one has T-Mobile as his provider and the other Verizon. I have setup both Blackberry units exactly the same. The server is remote.mydomain.com/exchange with each user id and password. The Verizon Blackberry works great - the user can send and receive messages. The T-Mobile Blackberry can only receive messages. When he sends messages they appear in Exchange Message Tracking logs as "Advanced Queue Failed to Deliver Message" I cannot find a corresponding event in the Event Viewe...

Printing Files #2
I realize this is a MS Publisher group, and I love publisher, so I would like to ask a question: I have a folder with 400 of files (word, excel, and publisher files) in sub-folders with files within them. How can I easily print all of them as a single print job? Preview function would also be nice. Re-ordering & replacing pages before printing is also nice. What program is out there to do this type of task. I realize Acrobat can do this, but it seems like a lot of extra steps, since I don't need the pdf. -Kevin Kevin Praeger wrote: > I realize this is a MS Publisher group, and...

How do I use line numbering but not have it show on print?
I do not want the line numbers to show in printed material. Meinert wrote: > I do not want the line numbers to show in printed material. Go into the Page Setup dialog and turn off line numbering before you print. If you want it, turn the numbering on again afterward. To automate this, install the following macros in your Normal template (see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm if needed): Sub FilePrint() ' intercepts built-in File > Print or Ctrl+P ' and prints without line numbering Dim userLineNum As Boolean With ActiveDocument.PageS...