Please help #2

how do I restore the explorer on the left bottom of the window?
0
Samk (10)
5/20/2006 5:07:01 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Scrolling problem with Intellimouse #2
I am using a Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 2.0 on a Dell computer with Win XP with SP2. Excel is 2002 w/ SP3. Intellipoint is v. 5.20.413.0 (6/3/2004). I just updated driver with no improvement. Unlike in other MS programs on this computer (including Word and IE), I am unable to use the mouse wheel to scroll up and down in an Excel file (spreadsheet). When I use the wheel in Excel, the Zoom changes, even if I click on the spreadsheet itself first. I want to fix this so that when I use the wheel, I am moving up and down in the spreadsheet. (I also use a similar IntelliMouse with ...

Grey box #2
I have created a graph in a worksheet, but as soon as return to a cell the graph area turns grey and I can't se the content of the graph. how do I fix this? Thanks Choose Tools>Options On the View tab, under Objects, select "Show All" Click OK olofcitifig wrote: > I have created a graph in a worksheet, but as soon as return to a cell the > graph area turns grey and I can't se the content of the graph. how do I fix > this? > Thanks -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Optional Nttp Server
Just trying to gage some interest... Some of you may recall a few years ago Msft did away with the MSN news servre(msnnews) and myself and a few others Msn folks migrated over to a private server(AnnexCafe) to keep the group intact. That group eventually evolved in time into a user to user technical support group covering a diverse area for Q and A on all things Windows or related. I've investigated the ability to create a Windows Live Mail nntp newsgroup on that same private Nttp server(username/pw required, and its own TOS)... How many of you might be interested ? -- .......

Hyperlink to today's date #2
Sweet! Works like a charm, but... I have to share this sheet with othe and I think that the double-clicking-to-the-date may confuse them (i they try to edit a cell). Is there a way to map it to a hot key? Or make it so if I click in A it jumps to the date? (the scrolling to three rows up was a nice touch!) Thanks for the help again -- Grim/Do ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Grim/Don's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1445 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26078 You could...

Help on importing Money 1999 data into 2003.
When I try to import my data into my Money 2003, the data comes across as bad or somethings I cannot import it? Any ideas? Please identify the exact error message. If it's "incompatible versions," see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=1. "defpro@yahoo.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0d3201c484cc$a2833880$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to import my data into my Money 2003, the data > comes across as bad or somethings I cannot import it? > Any ideas? Also, what you want to do is **NOT** File|Import. It's File|Op...

Business Portal 2.5 Return opening a local copy of Great Plains
When upgrading to Business Portal 2.5 from 2.0 I was told by MBS tech support that due to security reasons, the feature to open a local copy of Great Plains was removed and I must connect using a terminal server. Please PUT THIS FEATURE BACK IN !!! This was a great feature and losing it will create more work from me. Here are some other reasons; 1) it is slower. 2) I have to log in 2 more times, first for WTS, second for Great Plains. 3) In order to log into Great Plains using WTS, I must first log out of my local running copy of Great Plains. 4) It is a security risk to open up WTS ...

Help with print setup
Hi I am using Excel 2000 SP3. I have a Workbook with 59 worksheets and need to print out a part of each worksheet, it is the same area on every worksheet, is there a way I can set this up without having to set Print area and Page setup on each worksheet. thanks Daniel Group all the worksheets. Right click on a worksheet tab select "select all sheets" do the page setup once. rightClick on any of the worksheet tabs and select "ungroup sheets" If you leave those sheets grouped and start working on them, then almost everything you do to one, you do to all in the gro...

Help Searching WSS
Can someone point me to a link (or just tell me) how to use the search facilty against columns in a WSS document library. (We have the free version of sharepoint) The important question is; can you search a specific column? It works for Title in the form of "Title:Esimtate" but for other colums the syntax doesn't work. (e.g. "Status:Draft"). For my Status column how can I search it WITHOUT filtering? ------=_NextPart_0001_8A45AF72 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit If you're using WSS free version no you can't. In MOSS it ...

Drop Down Combo Box Help?
I have a drop down combo box on my form with names and whenever you choose a name in the list it displays record below (in the subform) for that chosen name based on a customer ID that links the combo box to the records in the subform below. However when i first open the form it displays one name but the records of another (this only happens when form is first opened). How can i make it so that the name in the drop down when the form opens also displays records below that belong to the first or default name in the combo box?? How are you accomplishing that link? If you have have the su...

Public Folder Experts Please
I am setting up some public folders to be listed as an address book. All folders were setup the same way. I have the option check to list public folder as an address book. But one folder is blank. I have three other folders exactly like this and they worked fine when I check the option but this on is still blank. It has content in it when you go to system Manager and look at it. Any ideas would be grateful as this has me completely stumped Thanks. when you look at the folder in Outlook, do you see entries? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "JamieRTerrell" <JamieRTerrell@discussio...

Autofilter help
I am trying to build part of a macro that will filter on a list based on two criteria, and then change the data in Column A based on the data that is pulled. A couple of problems: (1) The number of items in the list changes everyday, and so using static references won't work (2) I need to go through a couple of dozen criteria in both columns, and so I'm thinking a Loop would work best. However, having only limited knowledge of VBA, Looping is not something I'm familiar with. Here's part of the code that I've got so far: Dim Status as String The part sure is correct. i...

Need help with SQL Server error upgrading Great Plains
I'm upgrading GP from 6.0 to 7.5, from SQL 7.0 on NT 4.0 to SQL 2000 on Win 2000. I keep getting this SQL error: MSG 446, Level 16, State 9, Line 1 "cannot resolve collation conflict for equal to operation" Can anyone tell me what this means? ------------------------------------------------ Steve Gross IT Manager Fette America (973) 586-8722 The statement causing the error is: CREATE PROCEDURE smCheckRelationID @I_iRELID int = NULL, @IO_iStatus int = NULL output as declare @filtername varchar(255) declare @poststring varchar(255) declare @iLoop int declare @sString varchar(...

Background Image on a Userform??? #2
Hi Andy Thanks!!! It worked perfectly... Cheers -- hce ------------------------------------------------------------------------ hce's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3518 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=264974 ...

f #2

Help : new accounts NOT in GAL
Is this a known issue? New accounts/mailboxes created in AD don't show up in the Global Address List. Emails sent to the new user's smtp address apparently do get delivered, but the name can't be resolved, which also means that an Outlook profile can't be created and the new mailbox can't be opened. This has started happening since 2003 DCs have come online alongside of the Win2000 ones (we're in the midst of a migration). We still use Exchange 2000. Any helpful suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. I've only seen this behavior when using Outl...

using option buttons #2
sorry im a bit of a noob, what do you mean by frame? :confused -- 4nd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- 4ndy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1494 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26576 When you're designing the userform inside the VBE, you'll see an icon on the toolbox toolbar that looks like an outline of a frame with xyz in the top border. If you let your cursor linger over the icon, you'll see Frame as the tooltip. If you put your optionbuttons within that...

Urgent Help
Hi All, I am developing an application in Visual Basic 6.0 and using MS Access as my backend. What i want is that my database should not open when someone try to open .mdb file. But my application should be able to access it. TIA Password protect the .mdb file to prevent people from getting into the database unless they have the password. Pass the password from your VB routine when it needs to open the database. Sounds good, but since I've never used VB6, I don't really know how to pass the password. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith ...

Please help
Is there any way to set identically high resolution on external+internal LCD on this HPlaptop? I've NEVER tried an external, but today tried family LCD HDTV and instantly my laptop's own smaller display was also screw*ed up - resolution lowered from 1440x900 down to match that of externalLCDTV which is maximum of 1280x1024 or less. You might say so what? Well all the windows I had opened & unsuspectingly worked on external oversized display, amazing my parents with photos & news they've never seen before at such size, all those were distorted when I disable...

Help Needed
Please go to my website at http://members.bellatlantic.net/grebinrm/plea. It will explain everything. You could make a huge difference in mine and my families lives. Thank you! Rich "Holgarth" <holgarth@verizon.net> wrote in message news:WFKQa.911$I4.343@nwrdny01.gnilink.net... > Please go to my website at http://members.bellatlantic.net/grebinrm/plea. > It will explain everything. You could make a huge difference in mine and my > families lives. > > Thank you! > > Rich > > ...

Invalid use of Null ----> Help Please
Hi all: I am getting an invalid use of null in the if statement below and do not usnderstand why. Can anyone help me? Background: - rs has been declared as a recordset - rs!GrowerEmail is the email address for our grower/customer - the code below is part of the code used to email a report to our growers/customers and works find for those records where the email address is not blank/null. - when I put in a control stop and run the program in debug mode and step through each line of code and hover my mouse of "rs!GrowerEmail" in the "If rs!GrowerEmail ...

runtime error #2
Hi all, I have an mfc project a tray icon program but i can not run it from command prompt or at start up ,while it runs in usual ways, it gives a run time error which is below how can i solve this problem i need to run my program at startup : Runtime Error! Program c:\\.....alyb.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. Thanks in advance Ismail Gunes There may be some Pointer Mistake! this type of error usually result from the BAD PTR OR DDX transfer for control which not e...

OE Not Responding #2
I have a computer with multiple users on it and I'm having a problem with one of the users getting into their Outlook express. Let me explain what is going on. We are able to get the user logged into the computer. When we open up outlook express, it appears to open fine, but it hangs and won't respond. Another profile on the computer is able to log on to the computer and Outlook express works just fine. I thought about reinstalling the Outlook Express, but I just don't think that it needs it since Outlook Express works fine for the other users. Thanks Try posting this ...

Multiple copy of emails in Outlook for Mac
I'm getting multiple (like 6, 7, 12) copies of the same email delivered to my Outlook inbox. Domainmonger (who hosts my page and my business email) blames RoadRunner, RoadRunner blames everyone else.... and said, "oh, it must be a virus!" Ran diagnostics with Domainmonger and RoadRunner (through which my business email is routed to my Outlook Express 5.2). Ran Norton Virus Scan and came up empty. Any thoughts or suggestions. Is there an Outlook Express/Mac guru over there who can help me out? Thanks! ~Erin ekande182@gmail.com ...

HELP
My Application Log gets filled with 9 or 10 of these messages every few minutes. They are all the same except for the folder. The message reads: "Unable to create public folder proxy object for folder "schema-root" in the Active Directory" The other folders it complains about are: views img controls exchweb exchangeV1 microsoft Default OWAScratchPad{...} The thing is, these folders already exist though. I'm running Exchange 2000 on a Windows 2000 Server in Mixed Mode. Any ideas how to get rid of these errors? I'm not an Exchange expert by any stretch of the ...

PLEASE HELP! How to extract information in inbox/sentbox into a text file
Can any one tell me how to extract the information of new mails in my inbox/sentbox, including the sender name, message subject and message time, into a text file? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...