org chart shape too large / text too small

I'm a beginner with little experience.  My org chart was perfect until I
tried to understand the print page and the drawing page.  In my experimenting
I somehow goofed.  Now my org chart shapes are way too large and the test is
way to small. Can you helpme get back to "normal"?
0
hooverdam (1)
11/30/2007 7:10:06 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Ex5.5 org and new Ex2003, MTA will not start
I have an exchange 5.5 org with two servers. Now I've added an exchange 2003. I followed microsofts documentation (ADC, forestprep, domainprep) and everything went smooth. But the new server won't start the mta service. I have the exactly the same problem as it is written here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=840470 I also followed this doc. Removing exchange and IIS and reinstall. But the problem still persists. I searched the web and the groups, a few people seems to have the same problem, but I haven't found a solution. I have no idea where to start. Any idea? Any er...

Money 2004 Small Business: Invoice Date vs. Due Date / recurring invoice
I'm trying to set up a recurring invoice to be sent out on a monthly basis. The only way I figure to do this is by entering it into bills and deposits but that wont create an invoice for me automatically. Is there a way? Also, when I create a new invoice, it asks for the date that is pre-filled with todays date. That would be fine if that were the Invoice Date but when viewing the invoice preview, the Due Date is taken from that field also. Therefore, Invoice Date is the same as Due Date. That ain't gonna cut it. I need to bill 2 weeks in advance. Any thoughts? Thanks, BCPower ...

static colors in chart chart
I have an excel chart which is derived from a pivot table. The pivot table is updated on a weekly basis and I then print the chart. The values in the Y-axis stay constant as well as the serie names. The problem I'm having is that even if I change the legend color to be to my liking, when-ever I update the pivot table the chart automatically re-applies it's own color codes to the legend. Is there any way around this? a common way to handle this issue is to set up a sheet to print your graph from and copy the data in the pivot table and paste onto the new sheet. Then generate y...

Question on the Feature Comparison shape (in Charting Shapes)
How do I modify the Feature Comparison shape (in Charting Shapes) with more than 10 rows/columns in Visio 2007 I'm trying to build a chart that is 12 columns, by 18 rows. The shape is "mis-behaving" when I try to change it. Thank you! JLH Hello JLH, The Feature Comparison shape is really a grouped shape that contains 10 rows and 10 columns that you choose to reveal or hide depending on the custom properties you set ('Set Fields...'). So if you want to extend this you can either edit the shape and add more rows and columns to the group (bear in mind that each ...

customizing charts
I am trying to customize a vertical bar chart, where the x axis is the areas being measured and the y axis is the units of measurement. I have been trying to shade a particular range within the overall plot area, not the entire area. Specifically, the y axis range goes from 40 all the way to 160. I just want to shade or fill in a specific range (85 to 115) within that overall range. Is there a way to have that range (85-115) shaded only and the other ranges (116 and higher, and 84 and lower) left untouched? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Hi, The technique describe here w...

how to display text when a cell>0 ?
Hi there. i have something like this: A B C D 1 hello 1 2 test 0 3 bye 1 Now i want to display hello at D7 when B1>0 So the output should be: A B C D 1 hello 1 hello 2 test 0 3 bye 1 bye How can i do this? thanks, Jan Willem Jan, try this, =IF(B1>0,A1,"") -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Janwillem" &...

Send SMS text from Dynamics CRM 3.0
Hi, I'd like to know if there is any solution (3r party solution, Web Sevice carrier, ...) to send SMS text from Dynamics CRM 3.0. We need this funcionality to send SMS text from spain, I don't know if the spanish carriers give this kind of solution via web service. Cheers. Santi: I have not had the chance to test this solution, and being a free solution, there may not be any support for it either: http://www.askbeyondcrm.com/askcrm/DownloadSMS.aspx HTH, --MD "Santi" wrote: > Hi, > I'd like to know if there is any solution (3r party solution, Web Sevice ...

Find and Replace Text with CarriageReturn
I get a data extract that includes "\n" text. I would like to replace with CarriageReturn using a macro. I cannot seem to make the normal Find and Replace work for this. Rick one way: Cells.Replace _ What:="/n", _ Replacement:=Chr(10), _ LookAt:=xlPart, _ SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _ MatchCase:=False Regards Trevor "RickT" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:041b01c3d3e3$25637da0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I get a data extract that includes "\n" text. I would > like to re...

Date display on chart
I am using Excel 2007, Windows XP Sp2 and I am a newbie to Excel. I have a diabetic program so when my readings are entered into a Palm T3 pda, after syncing, the program uses Excel 2007 to chart the results. Looking at the data cells, the date is formated as dd.mm.yy. Looking at the bottom of the Excel chart, it only shows dd.mm and no year. I would like the chart to show mm.dd.yy when Excel graphs my diabetic readings. When opening the data file, a pop up says it is a "read-only" file. Am I able to change the bottom of the chart to show the dates as mm.dd.yy? If you can, then ho...

Flipping the chart
Is there an easy way to flop columns and rows? Meaning, I want to make row 1 be column 1, row 2 to column 2, etc. Thanks! Eric Try using Copy and then Paste/Special/Transpose. Andy. "Eric" <wxrocks@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:083e01c38112$9b85fdb0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is there an easy way to flop columns and rows? Meaning, I > want to make row 1 be column 1, row 2 to column 2, etc. > > Thanks! Eric wrote: > Is there an easy way to flop columns and rows? Meaning, I > want to make row 1 be column 1, row 2 to column 2, etc. > > Thanks!...

Copy chart of accounts
I am trying to copy the chart of accounts from Fabrikam to a newly created company. I am running SQL 2005 and GP 9.0. I am following the steps from article 866332 in the knowledge base. I perform the steps but when I try to execute the pprocess, I get the following errors: Operation stopped... - Initializing Data Flow Task (Success) - Initializing Connections (Success) - Setting SQL Command (Success) - Setting Source Connection (Success) - Setting Destination Connection (Success) - Validating (Error) Messages * Error 0xc0202049: Data Flow Task: Failure inserting i...

Calculating text as values in a row
I am stumped and wondered if anyone could asisst, I have looked through the newsgroup but found nothing similar to me problem. I want to obtain the total number from a text input, in a row (up to 31 cells wide) the following could be entered, FD, AM or PM. These have different values, FD=1, AM=0.5, PM=0.5. If one or more of the above are entered in any of the seperate 31 cells I want a total number. For example, if FD and AM were entered I would expect a total of 1.5. If there were 6 FD's and 2 PM's, I would expect a total of 7. The closest I have got is =SUMPRODUCT(...

Filter query from text box
I have a query that is filtered out by a year. I have a form that the user enters in the year. In the query, if I just put in a year of 2009. It works fine. If I replace the filter criteria to this: [Forms]![frmSalesAnalysis]![Year] I get a ODBC-Failed error. Any ideas. Thanks, Jasper Post SQL of query by opening in design view, click on VIEW - SQL View, hightlight all, copy, and paste in a post. -- Build a little, test a little. "Jasper Recto" wrote: > I have a query that is filtered out by a year. > > I have a form that the ...

Lock Chart Display to last 14 days (or data points)
I have some tables that are updated daily with a data point. I would like the chart to just display the most recent 14 days without having to manually change the source data range each time a new point is added. Any ideas? Thanks This page shows a chart of the most recent 12 months. Change a couple constants, and it'll do your last 14 days: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicLast12.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ toilinthedark wrote: > I have some tables that ...

Plot Area Changes in Charts
Hi. I have a spreadsheet that has several hundred embedded charts. The data is updated monthly and the charts automatically update themselves. The problem is that when the data is updated on the charts, the plot area reverts to some default size which does not take advantage of alot of the chart size. I don't want to go to each chart every month and manually increase the plot area. Any ideas? Thanks. Jeff G I forgot to mention that the files are excel 2003. "Jeff Gross" wrote: > Hi. I have a spreadsheet that has several hundred embedded charts. The data > ...

charting two stocks as candlesticks in same graph
Hi, I want to graph in one same candlestick chart two stocks over the same period. how do i do that? can i do it for two dif time periods as well? i.e. in same graph i want feb-jun of year 1 and feb-jun of year 3 of the same stock/index . One set of OHLC can go on the primary axis and the other on the secondary axis. This is a bit tricky to produce. Make a candlestick with the first set of OHLC. Copy the range with the second set, including the dates, select the chart, and use Edit menu > Paste Special to add the data as new series with the appropriate options. This messes up the can...

Line up text with baseline guide AND have space between paragraphs
I have text boxes with multiple columns and I want to vertically align the lines of text across columns, which I've done by aligning my body text style to the baseline guides. But I also want a space between each paragraph that is smaller than a whole line spacing (in Word it would be 12pt font with space after paragraph = 6pt). I have tried adjusting my baseline guide spacings and my style paragraph settings to every possible combination but I can't seem to achieve this. Settings currently are: body text = TNR 10pt, line spacing 10pt baseline guide = spacing = 13pt, offset =...

Chart sizes with window frame check box frozen in the checked stat
I am running Excel 2000 under Windows XP on my laptop. Under the Tools:Options menu there is a check box for "Chart sizes with window frame". It is currently checked. If I uncheck the box the check mark disappears, but when I click on "OK" nothing changes and the zoom box on the toolbar does not activate. When I open the Tools:Options menu again the check box is still checked. It will not turn off. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling without effect. I have compared settings with my Excel 2000 installations on my desktops at home and at work (where thing...

Small Business Manager
I have a client with Small Business manager that has some vendors and employees entered under multiple ID's in GP. Example: One employee has 2 ID's with activity under both in GP Does the vendor combiner work with SBM? Any tools like this for employees for SBM? Thanks You would need to contact CRG Group for products like vendor modifier/combiner for SBM. http://www.crgroup.com/AddOnsForGreatPlains/changer.cfm -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "kmeyer" <kmeyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E70196E0-8375-4CDB-B29C-DC7C5B302638@microsoft.com... ...

Linking object to new shape
I am very new to VBA and I am struggling to find out how I can link an object so that when it is clicked a shape appears on a final slide. my reason for needing this is that I am getting students to do a quick test and I think it would be great if when they finished it showed them which they got right and which they got wrong. I have found several examples but I can't get them to work so that a shape is uncovered or moved on a different slide. On 12/18/09 11:01 AM, in article B5C4701C-96B4-466C-BF76-1FE4A42F6128@microsoft.com, "Athompson" <Athompson@discussio...

Most recent net worth figure on the "net worth over time" chart
It sometimes differs from the "total account balance" shown on the "account list", but most of the time remains the same. Shouldn't they be the same all the time? Right now, sometime it is much much bigger than the total account balance, giving me an illusion that I could retire now... Am I missing something? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this lin...

Screen size is too small when customizing
For some reason, when I try to edit the Account form and customize it, I can't get the entire form to fit on my screen. If I resize the window, it still cuts off the bottom part and there is no scroll bar available to scroll down. I'm runnning a laptop with Win XP with resolution set at 1024x768. Any ideas? Never mind. I did a ctrl+N and got a scroll bar. "James" wrote: > For some reason, when I try to edit the Account form and customize it, I > can't get the entire form to fit on my screen. > > If I resize the window, it still cuts off the bottom...

Text Question
Hello All, Using Excel XP. Is it possible to have certain letters in a text string be moved to a colum of their own? For example I have several rows of text: A ---------------------- 1 FH 2 XH 3 FHT 4 XT 5 FT What I want to do is to move the individual letters in each row into its own colum, an F would always go into its own column, X would go into its own column, H would got into his own column and T would go into its own column. The sequence of letters into their own column will alaways be in this order: F-X-H-T. Every row may have some o...

Excel text flow between cells
I have a formula that dumps a variable amount of text into a cell. Sometimes there is too much text in the cell for it to display properly (at the font size I need), and I was wondering if there was a way to get it to dump the rest of the text (that doesn't fit) into a second cell on a different sheet, sort of like a "Continued from page one" situation. This is the same concept as linked text boxes (in MS Publisher, InDesign, and other programs), where the text from one box flows into the second. Is there a way to do this? Thanks. -- archer904 -----------------------------...

How to move a chart axis?
I have a chart with the vertical axis on the right side of the chart. How do I move it to the left side? Thank you. Hi, Right click on the x axis, Format axis, Scale and then check the box at the bottom so that the value (Y) axis crosses at maximum value. Dave "mytega" wrote: > I have a chart with the vertical axis on the right side of the chart. How do > I move it to the left side? Thank you. ...