Non English page numbering

Hi everyone. I would like to know how to display, save and print my page
numbering format in non-English language like Hindi numbering or
farsi(persian) format. How?
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Mon, 24 May 2010 22:48:01 -0700, Milad <Milad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi everyone. I would like to know how to display, save and print my page
>numbering format in non-English language like Hindi numbering or
>farsi(persian) format. How?

You can simply rename your pages into the appropriate language.
You will, of course, have to know the Hindi/Farsi for Page-1 etc or whatever you want to
name the pages.
If you don't have a suitable keyboard for the Hindi/Farsi characters there are several
programs available that will give you a virtual keyboard on your screen for those
languages.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Electronics for Visio          http://www.sandrila.co.uk/visio-electronics/

How do I split one cell of 6 numbers into two cells of 3 and 3?
I have a column of data that has six numbers in each cell, however I need to split this into two columns, where the first column is the first three digits and the second column is the last three. There is no separator (space, comma or dash) between the numbers. Any suggestions? Use Text To Columns. Select your column of data, then: <Data> <TextToColumns> Click "Fixed Width", then <Next>, Click in the data to display the "break line", and drag it to separate the numbers as desired. Then <Finish> -- HTH, RD =================================...

Number formatting in chart
The secondary axis in my chart is dollar value. It is showing in thousands, which is what I want, but the data labels I would like it to show 177 only, for example, instead of 177,883. It would be understood that the labels are in thousands. Is this possible? Connie Okay, I guess I didn't make myself very clear. I will try to take a different approach. How do I customize the format of numbers in a column so that it rounds 177,883 to 178? Connie "Connie Martin" wrote: > The secondary axis in my chart is dollar value. It is showing in thousands, > which is ...

Differnet Balances on Home page and actual register.
Have noticed that the balance on my checking account on the home page is -$16,000. That's in the red. But if I go the the actual check register I show that I have the correct balance of about $3500. Any idea why the difference. Last months reconcile of the checking account was off by $1050. Must have reviewed the reconcile 5 times and could find no errors. The only check I wrote for that amount was over 3 months ago. Now my account shows that amount different from my online balance at the bank. Thanks, Mike In microsoft.public.money, Mike wrote: >Have noticed that the balance...

Inserting page numbers in a cell
Certain data in my spreadsheet has to reference to a specific page number when the spreadsheet is printed. I can't find a formula that would provide information about a page number (something like =CELL("filename")) Any help would be appreciated. need something similar. i have a list of manufacturers' and their respective products on a sheet. items on this list are constantly being added and removed. this list is also filtered so that certain data can be printed. On a master sheet I want to be able to list the pages that a particular manufacturer's items are on, ...

Formatting Pages
I would like to print the data on a sheet in the landscape view, but the page numbering in the top right corner with the number rotated like the portrait view. This is so I can bind my data tables in a book with the numbers in the top right corners like a normal book. Thank you. Carolyn Permission granted <g> View>Header and Footer>Custom header>Upper right>*click the # icon a space, then the ### icon. This will cause Page n of n Pages to appear on the preview and hard copy. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Carolyn" <cda...

No page available for eConnect 10.0 SDK downloads in PartnerSource
Hi, I am trying to download the eConnect 10.0 SDK First Version (not the eConnect 10.0 SDK SP2) from the PartnerSource. But seems like I am taken to SP2 page and not to the basic version page. Can anyone send me the path to the eConnect 10.0 SDK Basic Version download page? Thanks in advance. -- Regards, Vaidy ...

Converting this "French" currency format to "English"?
I found this neat coding in the custom number format box: _ * #,##0.00_) $_ ;_ * (#,##0.00) $_ ;_ * "-"??_) $_ ;_ @_ It produces this when there is no dollar amount: - $ I like this format, but of course, need to write the currency in the more standard English format since this particular sheet is in English and not French so that I should get this instead: $ - Dunceville me ... I tried everything I could think of but I can't get it to come out right. Every attempt gave me an error code with the kind suggestion to use the "built-in number formats" :oD :oP ...

Question: Macro overloading, passing variable number of arguments
Excel-97 (SR-2) In general I would like to write macros that can be overloaded, for example Hyperlink() has an optional displaytext field. HyperLink( Filename) HyperLink( Filename, DisplayText) Please could someone post a short, useful macro that does such a thing, rather than give a description of how to do so. I have searched the online help for "overloading" and "arguments" but nothing useful is shown there. TIA, Fred. See the help for Functions You are just talking about optional arguments. Function MyFunc(MyStr As String, Optional MyArg1 As _ Integer = 5, _ ...

row number in Excel
Hi, I am using ODBC to connect to an Excel database, does anyone know of a function that I can use to select from row 50 to 100 of a spreadsheet. So, is it possible to use an sql statement on Excel database to get a range of rows? Does Excel have a row number function? Thanks Feng ...

Numbers left-aligned in a cell
I can enter a number as text by=20 (1) formatting the cell as text=20 or=20 (2) leaving the format as general but keying in a single quote with the = number e.g. '76. Either way, the number will be left-aligned with a green triangle i.e. = if I invoke error checking. If I untick error checking and don't notice = the left alignment, the single quote should alert me that the number is = in text format, right?=20 Do you see another difference between (1) and (2) especially in terms of = application of the number (in text format)? =20 Thanks. Epinn You aren't going to see th...

Page Content Layouts
I'm new to Publisher 2003. I've created a catalogue using a catalogue merge including pictures for each item. I want 3 items to display on each page, but instead of having all three line up vertically on the page, I would like to have the pictures alternate on the page, top one - picture on the left, middle one - picture on the right, bottom one - picture on the left again. I would prefer to not change the layout after completing the catalogue merge, but rather before. Any ideas? Thanks! -- kmoody What have you tried so far? If you position and re-size the picture fields...

Page breaks #4
I am not doing this properly, I have one sheet split into 5 page breaks. I am going to the row below the page break chighlighting the row and then Insert/page break and done this for the 5 sections. When I print it only prints one section. Help please. -- Check your print area to make sure it includes all the stuff you want. File|Print Area|clear print area (to let excel figure out what should be printed) S S wrote: > > I am not doing this properly, I have one sheet split into 5 page breaks. > I am going to the row below the page break chighlighting the row and then > In...

Rounding up numbers in hh:mm:ss format
I have a columnn of numbers stored in the hh:mm:ss (custom) format. I need to round up all cells that have ss>0 an add 1 to mm; in other words all cells with seconds should be rounded up to the next minute. How can I do that? Cheers, Thorbjorn Hi try =ROUNDUP(A1*24*60,0)/(24*60) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Thorbjorn Sundboe wrote: > I have a columnn of numbers stored in the hh:mm:ss (custom) format. I > need to round up all cells that have ss>0 an add 1 to mm; in other > words all cells with seconds should be rounded up to the next minute. > How can I do ...

Page Color Problem
I have a two page (fount and Back)sheet that has a solid color background with copy set on top of it. When I print it, the color for the first side is correct, but the second side prints in an off color to the intended color. Any ideas on why this is happening? The screen colors are correct and I check to see that I'm using the same mix. Are you using paper that is only coated the one side? The issue you describe is unknown in Publisher - any version. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantan...

Delete blank Last page

Retrieving informations about opened web pages by Internet Explorer
Is there any way to retrieve how many web pages are opened by Internet Explorer, and what URLs are opened by it, from another process? I searched for IHTMLDocument5 and so on, however, I could't find any hint. Please reply. Thanks in advance. Regards, Hyun-jik Bae ...

template for 2006 Sun-Sat 1 month per page
Availability of a template for use in Microsoft Publisher calendar for a 2006 Sun-Sat 1 month per page understated calendar with the ability to insert my own images against individual dates. What do you need to know to complete your calendar? You can insert pictures into the Understated calendar template. You can change the range date... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "John P" <John P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13B5230B-5717-4BB7-8B50-F13C3E3C9A23@microsoft.com... > Availabi...

Word 2007 Is Non-Functional
HELP! Yesterday, Word 2007 worked fine. Today, after some Microsoft auto updates were applied (one was a security update to Office (KB978380)) it fails every time. If I start Word and try to save or open a file - crash ("Microsoft Word has stopped responding"). My system has a QX-9650 Quad-Core with 8GB of memory and dual video cards in a quad-SLI configuration (2GB VRAM). I have one application open (Word) so system resources are not an issue. I'm running Vista x64. I went to the Technet site and found an article on Word continually crashing but neither ...

exmerge: number of messages processed: 0
I am running exchange 2003 enterprise. I've had an instance where the log file was deleted and then firstly I could not mount the store. Did eseutil /mh, then performed eseutil /d. Got clean sheet, but could not do defragmentation. In the end had the ost files for 85% of the users and recovered them, got the pst and it was OK. As for the rest, tried using exmerge to get mailboxes into pst files. I have no issue with permissions, but when I use it, I only get folders copies and no items inside of them? (get the above number of messages processed to be 0 for the mailboxes). Basically, ...

Enter various number of blank lines in cells
I have a text spreadsheet index with 5 columns of information that has a various number of wrapped phrases in each cell. I would like to add various numbers of blank lines in some of the cells to make the information in the columns line up horizontally. Could you suggest a way to do this? For a forced line feed: <Alt> <Enter> -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Jim"...

Auto Number Concern
While looking at my tables, I noted that the AutoNumber has changed radically. Expecting the table to continue building on the three digit autonumber, I was surprised to see 10 digit autonumbers appearing and at times preceded by a minus sign. What gives? I created a master with a replica...is this the source for the change? Thanks Cheese Yup: when you use Replication, the AutoNumber field is changed from Sequential to Random. There's no way for you to change that behaviour. Fortunately, it doesn't matter. The only intent of an AutoNumber field is to provide a (practically ...

Converting telephone numbers
Hi, I have a 2 lists of telephone numbers - one that is in the form 4165551234, and the other that has the format 416 555 1234. I need to convert these to the same format, and cannot (unfortunately) do it through Excel as I have more rows of data in my database than are allowed in Excel. I'm using Access 97 if that makes a difference. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Chris Hi Chris, You can do this with an update query. Set a criterion on the phone number field of Like "##########" (that's ten hash signs) and update it to Format([XXX], "000 000 ...

Can't send page or link by email
On the internet explorer taskbar under Page is the option to send a link or page by email. This will not highlight and so I am unable to use this feature. Can you tell me how to fix this? Fix Send Page by E-Mail Option Grayed Out in Internet Explorer http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/fix-send-page-by-e-mail-grayed-internet-explorer/ -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Sandy" <Sandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10DCEB0E-39B2-423A-B9CC-CCF58BC589F0@microsoft.com... > On the internet explorer ta...

Positive & negitive numbers in conditional formatting statement
I know this will be a easy one for somebody, in a report field I would like to highlight the money amounts (clear/white) for zero, red for neg Number (money owed) and green for credited money. Zero works great, but it seems that it would tell positive from negitive numbers. -- Frank Hi Frank Use condidtional formating HTH -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Frank" wrote: > I know this will be a easy one for somebody, in a report field I would like > to highlight the money amounts > (clear/white) for zero, red for neg Number (money owed) and green for > cred...

I set Word 2004 to show two pages side by side, now how to fix it?
I think I was trying to print a pamphlet with 2-sided printing, but now I just want the normal view. It's straining my eyes and this is the default view for new documents. At least with *Windows* versions of Word, the zoom is saved with the file. You should be able to open the Normal template as a file and set the desired zoom; after you've saved the changes, the chosen zoom ratio would then apply to all new, blank documents. For more on this, see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/SaveViewAndZoom.htm (note that the instructions are for WinWord). -- Stefan Blom ...