Multiple Sections of a Circle Shape/text box to follow circle patt

Help!  2 part question, and I've been to Help, Google, and MVP blogs for
hours and can't find an answer.  As a Visio 11 Standard (2003?) user newbie,
I'm having trouble resizing and aligning the 'partial' shapes of a circle,
when attempting to make a circle with more than 4 sections. (Partial circles
work well when you have four distinct sections, as the rotate/flip function
is adequate.)

My frustration is mounting, as I'm dealing with these sections as part of an
'onion' template of concentric circles, and I've now got sections for each
circle all over the place that won't line up.  And, of course the deadline is
looming...

1) As an alternative method, is there any way to start with a circle then
use line drawings to just chop it into >4 sections, but maintain the ability
to have different colors and text for each section?

2) If so, si there any way to make the text box follow the circle shape for
each section, without being constrained to rotating each box on an axis?

I'm not a VBA guy, so long code strings will make my head spin...
0
MikeB1 (60)
2/28/2007 6:33:07 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Check out this article on Visio Insights:
http://blogs.msdn.com/visio/archive/2006/07/18/670154.aspx

You can use the same shape operations described to create your onion.  To
answer your text question, Visio supports text on an angle but cannot wrap
it along a curve.

--
Mark Nelson
Office Graphics - Visio

"Mike B." <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Help!  2 part question, and I've been to Help, Google, and MVP blogs for
> hours and can't find an answer.  As a Visio 11 Standard (2003?) user
> newbie,
> I'm having trouble resizing and aligning the 'partial' shapes of a circle,
> when attempting to make a circle with more than 4 sections. (Partial
> circles
> work well when you have four distinct sections, as the rotate/flip
> function
> is adequate.)
>
> My frustration is mounting, as I'm dealing with these sections as part of
> an
> 'onion' template of concentric circles, and I've now got sections for each
> circle all over the place that won't line up.  And, of course the deadline
> is
> looming...
>
> 1) As an alternative method, is there any way to start with a circle then
> use line drawings to just chop it into >4 sections, but maintain the
> ability
> to have different colors and text for each section?
>
> 2) If so, si there any way to make the text box follow the circle shape
> for
> each section, without being constrained to rotating each box on an axis?
>
> I'm not a VBA guy, so long code strings will make my head spin...

0
marknel (439)
3/1/2007 6:32:19 AM
Thanks Mark!  I had scanned that blog, but missed the tie-in of my question
to this article.  The phrase '...the Easy Way' should've grabbed my eye,
since I'm always looking for the 'for Dummies' tips!  And I should've
considered starting with the building of ALL shapes vs. only
'sections/partitions of a circle' searches....

"Mark Nelson [MS]" wrote:

> Check out this article on Visio Insights:
> http://blogs.msdn.com/visio/archive/2006/07/18/670154.aspx
>
> You can use the same shape operations described to create your onion.  To
> answer your text question, Visio supports text on an angle but cannot wrap
> it along a curve.
>
> --
> Mark Nelson
> Office Graphics - Visio
> Microsoft Corporation

> "Mike B." <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Help!  2 part question, and I've been to Help, Google, and MVP blogs for
> > hours and can't find an answer.  As a Visio 11 Standard (2003?) user
> > newbie,
> > I'm having trouble resizing and aligning the 'partial' shapes of a circle,
> > when attempting to make a circle with more than 4 sections. (Partial
> > circles
> > work well when you have four distinct sections, as the rotate/flip
> > function
> > is adequate.)
> >
> > My frustration is mounting, as I'm dealing with these sections as part of
> > an
> > 'onion' template of concentric circles, and I've now got sections for each
> > circle all over the place that won't line up.  And, of course the deadline
> > is
> > looming...
> >
> > 1) As an alternative method, is there any way to start with a circle then
> > use line drawings to just chop it into >4 sections, but maintain the
> > ability
> > to have different colors and text for each section?
> >
> > 2) If so, si there any way to make the text box follow the circle shape
> > for
> > each section, without being constrained to rotating each box on an axis?
> >
> > I'm not a VBA guy, so long code strings will make my head spin...

0
MikeB1 (60)

Mass change of same cell in multiple files??????
I have about 180 files that are price pages from a company we sell products from. The same cell in every file, Sheet 1 P1 is a factor that is used in formulas through out the files. I guess I am wondering if there are 1 of 2 solutions. 1) Can I mass change that P1 cell in all 180 files to be a different number instead of 1.0? or 2) Can I mass change any reference to that cell in any sheet to point to one cell that we can change anytime and only do 1 update for all 180 files? Thanks in advance Hi Jim You can do this with a macro http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy4.htm You can use a form...

Internet
-- Internet - Take Advantage of Multiple Windows When Surfing SUMMARY: Stop jumping back and forth between index pages by using several browser windows. Why use one web browser window when you can have multiple? If you have an adequate amount of memory, open up several web browsers to maximize your surfing experience. One great way to do this is via a start page. Select a page from where you would like to begin browsing, such as a table of contents or links page. Now, instead of left-clicking on links or entries to view other pages, right-click the links. From the pop-up menu that a...

Does GP allow for different Account Formats for multiple Companies
Hi All, I am setting up a new client that has 3 different companies. Two of them have the same GL framework. The third has a diffferent account framework. How can I change the account framework for the new company? Thanks for your help. -- TC If they are different databases simply go to Tools >> Setup>>Company >>Account Format. -- Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP MCBSP-Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics GP cell: 972-814-8550 fax: 972-692-7472 "TC" wrote: > Hi All, > > I am sett...

How do you get the maximum value to display in text box form
In a form, if I have 4 text boxes and 3 of them will contain a number. How do you get the maximum value to display in the 4th. I have tried many different things, I can make it work for a single field in a table, but that finds the value through all records. I just want it to display the max value from the numbers on the form, which could be different for various records. You could use something like this as the Control Source of the 4th text box (the underscore is for ease of reading here, and must be removed from the Control Source): =IIf([Field1]>[Field2] And [Field1]>[Field3],...

Task w/ Multiple Resource
I have a task that requires two resources to work concurrently. It is a series of presentations that need to occur within a single span of five days. Both resources must be available to attend each and every presentation within that 5 day period. There is work that must be complete prior to presentations, therefore this task has a predecessor. It so happens that one of the resources that must perform the task is away on vacation when the predecessor finishes. Even though the vacation is entered as an exception in the calendar of the resource, MS Project still schedules the pr...

multiple-line
Hi, how I can specify working of fields so that it is posted multiple-line in a form MSCRM3.0 Thanck you. Hi Ahmed, If your field's data type is nvarchar and Format is Text or Text Area than it can be expanded on multiple lines. In customization of that form, in Field Properties of that field, on Formatting tab there is an option of Row Layout. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "ahmed" wrote: > Hi, > how I can specify working of fields so that it is ...

Categorizing multiple transactions
I downloaded my transactions and of course some had blank categories. I want to be able to somehow categorize the payee so I don't have to modify hundereds manually (there all the same category) and I also want these to be automatically recognized when new transactions of the same are downloaded. ...

Multiple archive folder
I find in my folder list more instances of "Archive folder". Trying to remove with "Close Active Folders" command i get the following error "The operation failed. An object could not be found" Has anyone some ideas !!! In my outlook profile I have only one Archive Folder ! By Antonio ...

I need to C&P a section of Excel to Word but I need to get it to fit on a standard 8.5x11!
Is there a way to make this happen? The sections that I need to C&P are all the columns are 14 wide and the rows are 40, 41,44 and 65. How do I get these to fit on the page? Marc Marc wrote: > Is there a way to make this happen? The sections that I need to C&P are all > the columns are 14 wide and the rows are 40, 41,44 and 65. How do I get > these to fit on the page? > > Marc > > Smaller font, cut margins to the minimum, print landscape Print Preview > shrink to fit, are all options just depends on how wide the fields are. It just may be to big to fit ...

Making shapes the same size
I have a simple question about a feature available in VB IDE development environment and I hope a similar helpful feature is available in Visio. I got used to use the "Make Same Size" option in VB. In visio I usually add multiple instances of the same shape, then I want them be resized the same way, I start sizing the first instance and try to replicate what I have done on the remaining instances. I never a found a way to do it, but repeating the resize manually. Is there any help? Regards, Rami Hi Rami, Instead of manually resizing the other instances of the same shape, how ab...

how can I insert text file's text into my email in outlook 2007
I used to use outlook express. There is a lovely function to insert text file's text into my currently writing email. How can I do that in my outlook 2007 ? Time before, I first create a text file, say 'payment method.txt', then type in all my standard payment method information to my customer. When I was replying an email with my standard text, I simply use the "insert - text file" function, instead of openning the 'payment method.txt', copy and paste to my email. Can I do that similar in outlook 2007 ? Thank you very much Henry Fung wrote: > I used t...

Find a multiple photos on a page template for Publisher?
Possible to find a template for Publisher to print a page full of multiple photos without recreating the page each time I print. Why not save your page you have created as a template? File, "save as", files of type, scroll down to Publisher template. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "srfaith" <srfaith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:157E95AB-1159-4889-B196-61E147E6E240@microsoft.com... > Possible to find a template for Publisher to print a page full of multiple > photos without recreating the page each time I print. ...

Autofill Text
I am trying to create a series of text sets, eg. aaa-aaz, aab-abz, but find that I cannot autofill unless the series contains numbers or dates. Can any one suggest a simple answer for this as I am not an experienced user of EXCEL. It seems that filling in each series individually is the answer but it's a lot from aaa to zzz. Would be greatful for any assistance. Cheers "Ryko" <sourcemusic@tsn.cc> wrote in message news:ADBE64DF-285A-4050-B88E-A98BFCD84CD4@microsoft.com... > I am trying to create a series of text sets, eg. aaa-aaz, aab-abz, but find that I cannot autofill...

inverting text box or fonts for artwork
I cannot figure out how to invert text that is inside a text box. If there is not any way to do this is there a way to invert text outside a text box? Thank you for your help Kathy The entire text box gets inverted. If you want just a line or a word to invert, you need to make a separate text box. Just make the box active, select the icon that looks like a line with an arrow head in a circle and click on it. BTW, this is with Publisher 2000. -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America! "Kathy Keating" <revskc@mcdeb.com> wrote in message n...

Importing data from multiple sources
I need to import data of members from two different sources, and then compare the data. Is there an easy way of doing this? -- Ted in Chicago You could import the data from the two sources, creating a table for each. Then, you can create a query that compares the data in the tables. "TedChicago" wrote: > I need to import data of members from two different sources, and then compare > the data. Is there an easy way of doing this? > -- > Ted in Chicago .... and as an alternative, you may be able to link to, rather than import, the data. You could ...

Automatic Comments Boxes
I have a spreadsheet with two tabs that I use for work, One tab is inbound quantities and the other tab is the order no of that quantity. What I would like to do is where the quantity in a cell in inbound ie D8 is greater than 0 then a comment is automatically inserted quoting the value in D8 in the other tab. If this is possible it would be a great help. TIA Assuming inbound quantities are in Sheet1, Put in D8 in the other tab / sheet (for order no.) : =IF(AND(ISNUMBER(Sheet1!D8),Sheet1!D8>0),Sheet1!D8,"") -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond in thread xdemechanik <at...

eliminate spaces after a text field
Hello, I am designing in query and there are spaces after text field. How do I delete the spaces after? Thanks Try something like: NewField: Trim([YourField]) To remove trailing spaces only (not leading spaces): NewField: RTrim([YourField]) Spaces in the middle of the field will not be affected. Use your actual field name in place of YourField. Use whatever you like in place of NewField. "Cam" <Cam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BB9EA84-D7F8-416C-B2C0-2155F02B8BBA@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I am designing in query and there are spaces ...

SQL statement in form text control
Hello! In a social services DB, one of the reports is all incidents involving a particular client. There are a few thousand records. I am using an SQL statement which filters records by the client's full name and Birthdate. The SQL is sent to the rowsource property of a combo box. The combination of name and DOB provides 1 unique client. (or none if the DOB is mis-entered or is wrong) The report (controlled by a query with parameters provided by the DOB text control and the combo box.) The combo box seems to be just one more thing to click through, so I thought of changi...

Charts Line Types for Multiple Data Series not Printing Properly
Hi, I would appreciate any advice anyone has on this printing problem I am having with data series line types. I have a bunch of charts that each have 5 data series on them (lines) Some are solid line types and others are either dotted or dashed so you can differentiate when printed in black and white. The problem is when I print they are all coming out as solid lines. The dots and the dashes are not spaced enough apart so they come out as one solid line. I have double check that I do in fact have the proper line type selected. I am using Excel 2000 Thanks!!! ...

How do I change the "and" to "or" with multiple Rules (and Alerts)
In Outlook you can configure rules in the "Rules and Alerts" Wizard by checking various options such as "from people or distribution list", "with specified words in the subject", etc. etc. When you check 2 or more of these , they are listed with "and" between each rule, but I need them to be listed with "or", how can I change that? Create separate rules. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.mso...

excel grid lines over lapping the text
Closer to the bottom of a printed Excel spread sheet the text is moving into the lines. I cannot tell if the grid or the text is moving. I am a printer technician for HP and I have looked at the printer and it is OK. The driver has been updated also. Can anyone else? I won't bore you with the standard 'Update the Printer Driver' answer, because if anyone's got the latest then you have :-) I did try a Google on it, and found practically zip on solutions for this, other than one suggestion from Nick, that you may want to give a go:- >>I doubt Excel and strange though it ...

cell to have comma-delimited values based on text
I have a table called "220_reference" with a column name "Part Number" having a sample value of below: 4047122(All Dash no.), 4057222(All Dash no.), 4058222(All Dash no.), 4060122(All Dash no.) The entire value is in one cell representing the "Part Number" column(defined as general type so text I suppose). Simple enough. But what I need to do is take any number that has "(All Dash no.)" after it and search through a column in another table to retrieve any rows that have that number(text) in it. The other table name is "220" with ...

importing text file into excel file using macro
Hi, How to import text file into excel file using Macro? Can this proces run on form menu button? Please help and give me some ideas of doin it. I have attached a text file for your reference. Thanks, An Attachment filename: rdata.txt Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=66130 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com >Hi, >How to import text file into excel file using Macro? Can this process >run on form menu button? Please help and give me some ideas of doing >it. I have attached a text file for your r...

migrating multiple companies into one
We have multiple companies and are exploring the possibilities of bringing them into one company. Any suggestions? We would like to specifically bring all inventory databases into one database so we can make cost changes only once. Thanks kel 2 things: GOOD LUCK make a full backup of your entire gp environment and simulate a test environment to do it in first. "Kelly Porter" wrote: > We have multiple companies and are exploring the possibilities of bringing > them into one company. Any suggestions? > > We would like to specifically bring all inventory data...

Unbound Text Box Help
I have an unbound text box called TYPE, that I want to display the name of a transaction type. See below code. I have added this to the BeforeUpdate and the AfterUpdate and the TYPE remains blank. This is DSform and the infromation is for display purposes only. Does anyone have any suggestions on why this is not working and what I can do to correct my ways. Matt Private Sub TYPE_BeforeUpdate() If Me.TRANS_TYP = "S" Then Me.TYPE = "SALES FORECAST" End If If Me.TRANS_TYP = "I" Then Me.TYPE = "INVOICE" End If ...