MS Word into Visio Flow Chart

New to Visio ... trying to figure out if there is a way to use MS Word as a
Form to pull a field setting bookmark (map) to a specific box/diagram entry
in Visio.  Any help or direction ... appreciated
0
Elkins (2)
4/5/2005 1:49:03 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

two scenarios. first you can use visio hyperlink to go to the
document/bookmark. the second is write some vba code to do it under the
covers.
al

"George Elkins" <George Elkins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> New to Visio ... trying to figure out if there is a way to use MS Word as
> Form to pull a field setting bookmark (map) to a specific box/diagram
> entry
> in Visio.  Any help or direction ... appreciated

0
edlund1 (616)
4/5/2005 5:19:09 PM
Al ... could you provide an example of how to add the bookmark to the end of
the hyperlink?

"Al Edlund" wrote:

> two scenarios. first you can use visio hyperlink to go to the
> document/bookmark. the second is write some vba code to do it under the
> covers.
> al
>
> "George Elkins" <George Elkins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > New to Visio ... trying to figure out if there is a way to use MS Word as
> > Form to pull a field setting bookmark (map) to a specific box/diagram
> > entry
> > in Visio.  Any help or direction ... appreciated

Adding NonAdjacent Data to a Chart
Whenever I enter new, nonadjacent (columns are separated) to a chart they do not show up, Is this a bug or is there a maximum number of data points to a chart? How are you adding the data? If that's not the problem: Do you have discontiguous X and Y value ranges with many unconnected points? There is a limit to how long the definition of each can be (i.e., the number of characters each uses in the series formula). If empty columns are used for arrangement of the data, you should break the habit of using empty rows and columns for formatting. If it's due to a particular data arr...

Exporting chart from Excel to Word
Hi, I want to copy/paste a graph from Excel to Word. The only problem is that the file is too big, because each graph has 775 kb. How can I export just the graph, without the link to the document and all the information of the graph. I just want to have the "picture" not all the other stuff. Thank you for your help! Mike Middleton wrote: > Heidi - > >> I want to copy/paste a graph from Excel to Word. The only problem is >> that > the file is too big, because each graph has 775 kb. How can I export > just the graph, without the link to the document and all ...

X,Y coordinates on chart
I have to create a char, that when clicked on will return the point of the click. PLEASE, noticed that I will be clicking anywhere on the plot NO on a SERIES of points. In other words, lets say I have a XY chart with these values: x= 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 y= 2,9,4,5,7,2,4,1 If I do an ALEATORY click somewhere on the plot (NOT ON AN ALREADY PLOTTED SERIES!) I will get the values equals or close to the ones shwon above. Thanks! -- lgarcia3 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lgarcia3's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&useri...

Combination Charts
For some reason you can have a stacked bar chart on one axis and lines on another axis? Hi, Did you perhaps mean to say you "can not"? If trying to do a bar/line combination you need to use xy-scatter instead of line as you need the line to go vertically. Cheers Andy Gp wrote: > For some reason you can have a stacked bar chart on one axis and lines on > another axis? > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

PivotChart, How to show Grand Totals in the chart?
I want my grand totals to show in my pivotchart, how can I get this accomplished? Thank you I don't know of a way to include the grand total in a PivotChart. You could create a normal chart, based on the pivot table, and include the totals in that. On Jon Peltier's site, there are instructions for creating a normal chart from pivot data: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotcharts.htm Kristin wrote: > I want my grand totals to show in my pivotchart, how can I get this > accomplished? > > Thank you -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book L...

XY Chart
This is probably a dumb question, but - I am plotting x & y values that are contained between 1 and 5. There are 29 of these pairs. When I create the chart, there values automatically get spread over the 29 instances, instead of the multiple pairs plotted in a 5 by 5 xy plot. I have spent a lot of timeon this, and it's probably basic. So any help is greatly appreciated. Regards Phill Phill - Sounds like you're making a Line chart. Make an XY Scatter chart. The names are a misnomer; the differences have noting to do with lines and markers, but in how the X axis treats its...

Installing MS Excel feature...
Hi! Since a few days when I call Excel I must wait before I can start working as there appears a message box "Installing : MS Excel feature" which needs about 30 sec to complete this installation. I have no idea what happened. Probably on of my sons made some test with some plugin, but they don't confirm it. I don't see anything strange. All plugins are switched off. Where should I look at in order to eliminate this delay at start? Thanks for your help Horst Hi! Since a few days when I call Excel I must wait before I can start working as there appears a message box "...

edit word art text?
I am trying to edit word art text created in an earlier version of Publisher (1998) with Publisher 2007, but it is not supported. Any ideas how to do this? The recent version will allow changes to everything but the text. There is a WordArt compatibility utility. You use it by Insert, Object, Scroll down to WordArt 3.2. If you have the old WordArt on your screen and you have installed the utility, simply double-click the WordArt. Publisher 2003/2002 Add-in: WordArt Compatibility http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=897AA11B-A37D-4586-A1A7-54BBEA375AE2&displayla...

Chart Skew in 2007
In 2001 and 2003 versions of Excel I could click on a slice of a pie chart (or multiples by holding ctrl) and skew it. I could for instance take a pie piece and make the outside "taller" than the middle. However I can't seem to do that with 2007. Can anyone help me? This effect was very useful in my presentations as it made the charts really pop. What do you mean, "skew" a pie slice, or make the outside "taller"? You can single click twice to select a pie chart, then drag that slice away from the center of the pie. You could not select multiples with th...

Find Similar Words In An Excel Document
Hi! I've checked a few threads on this matter, but they don't quite cover what I'm after. I have an Excel document with several columns full of words and numbers. I have a Master column, which contains the Initial List. (A) I want to compare all the remaining columns to A, but not to each other. So that for example; B,C,D,E,F,G all compare against A and highlight within themselves, any words that match anything in A. The Slave columns will continue to grow, so the Formula would be something that can be copied and pasted to new Columns with minimal change. Preferably someth...

Word 2007 Headings: whole line or nothing
I had a large technical document I worked on in Word 2003 where the beginning of each section had a species name and other information (codes, authorities, etc.). I was able to select just one portion of the line (the name) and assign it to a heading, and have it appear in the Table of Contents. After importing the file in Word 2007, it will not show that text in the ToC, and if I go to reselect it as a Heading style, it will not allow me to select just one part of the line--either the whole line is part of the Heading, or none of it. Doesn't matter if I save the document in ...

hyperlink in Excel to Word doc closes Excel doc
Clicking hyperlink to a word document in my Excel workbook work only once. Every other time the excel document closes as the word document opens??? This is obviously annoying, because I want to go back and forth between my multiple documents Are you using xl97? If you are, try making a change to a cell (any change, any cell), then click the hyperlink. (Selecting a cell, hitting F2, then enter may be enough of a change.) I think that if excel sees your workbook as "dirty" (needing a save), then it won't close. Hyperlinks close Excel Document wrote: > > Clicking hype...

Excel diagrams in word
Why does a word document containing text and about 15 exceldiagrams take up 6 Mb of space in XP? Before I installed XP and XPOffice I had Windows NT 4.0 and about the same amount of excel diagrams in a word document and it was only about 600 Kb. The diagrams are not gif or any other format just plain excel diagrams. Is this a known problem ?? I.e in XP everything takes up more space?? Thank you for helping .... ...

How do I insert the date the file was saved in the MS Excel foote.
I am trying to display the date the file was last saved in the footer field. the defualt date code displays the date the file was printed. I would appreciate any help with this. Hi kacate Try http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Saved -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "kacate" <kacate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F65885A-DC2D-4515-A0D2-5E39B7905FCF@microsoft.com... >I am trying to display the date the file was last saved in the footer field. > the defualt date code displays the date the file was printed. I would > apprec...

Opening a Word Template from within Excel
I have the following VBA code with opens a Word Template (.dot extension) from Excel: 1. CommandButton1 code on worksheet -- Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() SQLRollup DeleteBlankRows RollupToSQLServer1 InsertTrackingSpecificData frmClients.Show End Sub 2. Code on frmClients Private Sub cmdProposal_Click() frmOrders.Show frmClients.Hide End Sub 3. Code on frmOrders Private Sub cmdManaged_Click() 'opens a new Word Template Dim wordApp As Word.Application Dim wordDot As Word.Template Set wordApp = New Word.Application On Error ...

How do I stop word break-ing in publisher
Does anyone know how to stop the annoying word breaking in Publisher for instance " If this was a sentence part of a word may be split a the end of the line like th-is showing "th-" on the upper line and "is" on the next line. Please help I find this very annoy- ing! If you know what I mean. It's called hyphenating and in Publisher 2000 you would select Tools, Options, Edit and uncheck the "Automatically hyphenate new text frames". -- Don Vancouver, USA "Nigel" <Nigel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EC05219-3...

How do I disable "Customize" on MS Publisher?
PUB11.ADM files is missing the capability to use "Disable Items in User interface" which in include "Predefined" and "Custom". I did modify the PUB11.ADM files but the application itself doesn't recognize the chamges. So my question is how do I disable those feature on MS Publisher? Hello All, I have the same problem now, does anyone know a solution for this problem or can i make a custom adm file...? "Ramos" wrote: > PUB11.ADM files is missing the capability to use "Disable Items in User > interface" which in include &quo...

Using Excel with Word
I am trying to create a form letter, or update one, whenever a new entry is made in excel. Certain select fields need to be inserted into the letter from the last row entered from excel. How do I do it, or where can I find instructions for such? Merge (Excel - Word) For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source have a look here http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.st...

Hyperlink to bookmark in Word 2007
I can hyperlink to a bookmark in a Word document if the document is opened in Word 2003, where the link is of the form: http://server/mysite/docs/mydoc.doc#mybookmark However, in Word 2007, the document is opened at its top; the bookmark is ignored. Could anyone confirm whether this is a known problem with Word 2007? I have seen another instance reported: http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive/Word/microsoft.public.word.docmanagement/2008-10/msg00410.html but supporting evidence would be helpful. Thanks. In a quick test, hyperlinking to a particular bookmark seems to work f...

Preserve formatting in Pivot Chart
I have a Pivot Chart with 2 sets of information. Each set is charted differently (one is a column chart, the other a line chart). WHen I refresh both sets default to column chart. Is there a way to preserve the Pivot Chart formatting through refresh? Hi, This is a know problem. Changing a PivotChart removes series formatting in Excel http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q215904 Cheers Andy Craig wrote: > I have a Pivot Chart with 2 sets of information. Each set is charted > differently (one is a column chart, the other a line chart). WHen I refresh > ...

I would like to display the % of a pie chart on the legend
i can put the % next to the text by the graph, but I was hoping to put it on the legend next to the color followed by the description. Is this possible? Hi, Yes but you will need to build the text you want to display in a cell, including a formula to calculate percentage. For a data set in range A1:B5, B1:=Slices A2: =a B2: =1 A3: =b B3: =2 A4: =c B4: =3 A5: =d B5: =4 Put the following formula in C2 and copy down. =TEXT(B2/SUM($B$2:$B$5),"0.0%") & " - " & A2 Create the pie on the range A1:B5 and then via the Source Data dialog change the category labels r...

RMS 2.0 (according to MS)?
Interesting...on Microsoft's support site, they list "Microsoft Business Solutions Retail Management System 2.0" (along with 1.2) as actual products...is this just wishful thinking?? ...

Converting irregular Word table to spreadsheet
I am using Office Professional Edition 2003 I want to convert a list of members of a club and their contact details into a spreadsheet database. The form of each record in Word is: membership type (in upper case), name, address, phone number (if any), fax (if any), email (if any), for example ACTIVE Bill Gates Office in the Sky 25 The Long Road The Big City State, Code COUNTRY Phone: 123 4567 8910 Fax: 123 4567 8910 Email: bill@heaven.org Each line in each record terminates with a line break, and each record terminates with a paragraph mark. The ...

How do I make additions to my toolbars apply to every word documen
In Microsoft Word 2003, everytime I add a button to the toolbar it is removed after I close the document and reopen it. I did not have this problem before, but I recently had to replace the hard drive and re-install Microsoft Office, and now I do not know how to enable saving changes to my tool bar. There are several features such as "page format," "envelopes and labels," "line spacing," that I use all the time. Before re-installing Microsoft office I could simply click on an existing toolbar drop down menu, go to "add or remove buttons,"...

Cash flow problem 2005
I am trying to use the cash flow tool. When I try to use it I am told to create at least one checking, savings or cash account before you go to cash flow forecast. I already have two checking acounts. Any thoughts... Try searching the group "microsoft.public.money" at http://groups.google.com This has come up before. I can't recall the solution(s) or excuse(s). "maj" <maj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6DF88AB4-6168-4B26-A651-78A60F7BD906@microsoft.com... >I am trying to use the cash flow tool. When I try to use it I am told to > c...