mechanical stencil

Where can I get the mechanical stencil for gears and timing pulleys.

0
YSLee (1)
9/10/2007 8:30:01 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_0001_91D04450

Depending on your version and edition, you should be able to find a Gear
shape by using the Search for Shapes on the left Shapes pane in Visio. If
you have Visio Professional 2003 or 2007 it should be under Mechanical
Engineering/Springs and Bearings stencil (it's under Engineering in 2007).

I don't think there's a pulley shape in Visio or on Visio Web Shapes (what
Visio searches when you're connected to Internet). At least I didn't find
anything by searching for 'pulley'.

I'd checkout http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm, it's a good one stop shop
for Visio shapes that you cannot find in Visio.

Best Regards,

Aaron Rykhus, MCP, MCDST
Online Support Engineer
Microsoft Corporation
------=_NextPart_0001_91D04450

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Depending on your version and edition, you should be able to find a Gear shape by using the Search for Shapes on the left Shapes pane in Visio. If you have Visio Professional 2003 or 2007 it should be under Mechanical Engineering/Springs and Bearings stencil (it's under Engineering in 2007).
\par
\par I don't think there's a pulley shape in Visio or on Visio Web Shapes (what Visio searches when you're connected to Internet). At least I didn't find anything by searching for 'pulley'.
\par
\par I'd checkout http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm, it's a good one stop shop for Visio shapes that you cannot find in Visio.
\par
\par
\par
\par Best Regards,
\par
\par Aaron Rykhus, MCP, MCDST
\par Online Support Engineer
\par Microsoft Corporation
\par ----------------------------------------------
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_91D04450--

0
arykhus (7)
9/14/2007 6:17:14 PM
Adding to Aaron's advice, I also couldn't find any pulley shapes, but I
wonder if the 'Circle tangents' shape (found under File / Shapes / Visio
Extras / Drawing Tool Shapes would work for you?

Best regards

John

John Goldsmith
www.visualSignals.co.uk

"Aaron Rykhus [MSFT]" <arykhus@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Depending on your version and edition, you should be able to find a Gear
> shape by using the Search for Shapes on the left Shapes pane in Visio. If
> you have Visio Professional 2003 or 2007 it should be under Mechanical
> Engineering/Springs and Bearings stencil (it's under Engineering in 2007).
>
> I don't think there's a pulley shape in Visio or on Visio Web Shapes (what
> Visio searches when you're connected to Internet). At least I didn't find
> anything by searching for 'pulley'.
>
> I'd checkout http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm, it's a good one stop shop
> for Visio shapes that you cannot find in Visio.
>

> Best Regards,
>
> Aaron Rykhus, MCP, MCDST
> Online Support Engineer
> Microsoft Corporation
> rights.

solutions manual for Elementary mechanics & thermodynamics jhon w.Nobury
Do you suffer from a tough class? Are you looking for instructor solutions manual to do your homework? Just send me email with its name and edition and I may be able to help you in low price! It is my list, however if you don't find it here don't give up because it is only a list of some. Please , DO NOT REPLY HERE , instead send me email to : cartermath(at)gmail(dot)com instructor's,solutions,manual,for,A,Course,in,Modern,Mathematical,Physics,b= y,Peter,Szekeres instructor's,solutions,manual,for,A,First,Course,in,Abstract,Algebra, (7th,Ed.,,John,B.,Fraleigh), instructor...

Where can I find interior design stencils.
I have Visio 2000. I have used the office stencils for my office layout but would like some type of stencil for laying out both my home and office. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Gaston ...

Outlook Authentication Mechanisms for SMTP
Hi, Can anyone tell me if outlook support the following authentication mechanisms: Plain, Login, and Cram md5 Of those, it only supports Login. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Stuart" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03c401c3d518$1263af00$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, Can anyone tell me if outlook support the following > authentication mechanisms: > > Plain, Login, and Cram md5 ...

Excel password mechanism failure
I have a 2 PC Home/Biz network. The older PC runs Win XP and the new PC runs Win 7. I have a password protected Excel 2007 document on both systems. (I copied the file from the XP system to the WIN 7 system in January when I installed the WIN 7 system.) I open the file 3-4 times a month on the WIN 7 system. Today I cannot access the WIN 7 stored file using the WIN 7 PC or the XP stored file using the XP PC. On both systems Excel informs me that my password is incorrect . Simply not possible. I wrote the password down and have been regularly using it since Jan 2010. The only thin...

Stencils for IBM hardware
Anyone know where I can get stencils with IBM hardware images that will work with Visio 2000? Can't seem to find anything on the IBM site and am coming up with nothing looking online. Thanks much for any pointers! Phil you're probably stuck buying them from someone like netzoom (altima). al "Phil McNeill" <philmcneill@NOSPAM4MEhydroottawa.com> wrote in message news:%23FVUU7AIFHA.3936@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Anyone know where I can get stencils with IBM hardware images that will > work with Visio 2000? Can't seem to find anything on the IBM site ...

How can i get stencils of av equipment for visio
I need some shapes and stencils for av equipment ie projectors speakers ect where can I find them and download them for free? Hello Jimi, There's not an in built AV stencil as such, but if you search (View / Shapes Window) for your individual shapes you may find something. For example 'projector' turns up the respective shape in the 'Network and Peripherals' and 'Office Equipment' stencils. You could take a look at http://www.netzoomuniversal.com/gallery/index.php, www.shapesource.com and http://www.visiocafe.com. Not certain if the latter two have anythi...

Chemical Plant Stencils
Greetings, I see this link Need stencils or ideas? http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm in a number of posts. I find some chemical plant stencils listed from L Partin. However, the link is dead. Would anyone have these stencils and be willing to share them? Thanks in advance! ...

Visio 2003
Hi all. I've been banging my head against the wall here, and would certainly appreciate a hand. I'm working on a reasonably-sized org chart of 400 companies using the Org Chart US Units template & stencil. The source is an Excel sheet with a combination of entered text, numbers, and formulas. Some of the columns are used to modify the appearance of the shape instance, for example, if the parent company is A, then the outline is regular black. But if it's B, then the outline is blue. Or if another value is C, then the shape is a regular rectangle, but if it's D, the co...

Audio Visual Stencils
Does anyone know where I can get free Audio Visual stencils for Visio 2003, specifically to map home theatre setups (amps, tv's, speakers, dvd, cd, etc) Alternatively some free or web software that will do this? Thanks Stu chris just posted some on his site http://www.visguy.com/2006/12/15/audio-visual-components-shapes/ al <stuey21@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1166514566.390935.112170@t46g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone know where I can get free Audio Visual stencils for Visio > 2003, specifically to map home theatre setups (amps, tv's, speakers, >...

3D Generic Network Devices Stencils
Hi everybody I am looking for good 3D Generic Network stencils for Visio. I liked the ones used here: http://www.scit.wlv.ac.uk/~c9466311/netw.gif Can anybody tell me where could I find something like these ? 3Com used to use something similar for design exaples but I couldn't find any. Thak you in advance Cristian ...

mechanism of POS system
HI I have some questions about the mechanism of the POS system. actually, I'm preparing for a presentation about the POS system. however, I don't have any practices in this aspect. it's no thing worse than that doing a project about computer without practices. although I get a lot of information from internet, I still have some questions. for example, a chain stores just like convenience store is it must be install OPOS? what is the purpose of the OPOS? if I just link up all the component such as barcode reader with XP, I can use it just like POS in supermarkets? in a transaction,...

How to Create a Blank Flow Diagram or Prune Out Stencils from Basi
Hi -- My simple goal seems easier said than done. I want to create a very simplified, custom version of the Basic Flowchart (US Units) for engineers to use as a template. I want only those shapes/line weights/colors/arrowheads to exist that I want people to use, as opposed to the MANY that exist in the diagrams for selection. I figured my options are: a) Open a blank new page and then File > Add Stencil to individually create each of the 3 or 4 shapes and line weights, and arrowheads I want OR b) Open a Basic Flowchart (US Units) and then prune out the shapes/stencils I don't ...

Event Handling Mechanism in Windows
I have posted this question to other groups. But did not find an answer. Here's the question. Any thoughts on this is highly appreciated. =================================================================== Hi, I have some doubts regarding the event handling process in Windows. I referred many books (Windows Internals, Programming Applications for Microsoft Windows, Windows System Programming) but could not find a complete picture of the event handling mechanism. I did search on the internet too. Can some one please point me towards any resource on the internet or some book that describe...

Dropping a Stencil Using VBA
I created a stencil named "New Shapes" with "Shape 1", "Shape2", etc. on it. I'd like to use VBA to drop a shape on Page-1. I assume that I can locate where the shape goes using ActivePage.Shapes("Shape 1").Cells("PinX") = 1 ActivePage.Shapes("Shape 1").Cells("PinY") = 1 ActivePage.Shapes("Shape 1.1").Cells("PinX") = 1 ActivePage.Shapes("Shape 1.1").Cells("PinY") = 1 etc., but I haven't found out how to get them on the page using VBA. Can anyone help, or point me to the pa...

Using 1 Stencil in a network
How do I take a pre-made stencil and put it on the network where many people can open it at once? I think I need the file set in some kind of locked mode so it can be opened, but not edited by others to allow this. Thank you very much for any help in what is probably an obvious fix. For others anyway :) Chris To make a Stencil ReadOnly, use SaveAs and pull down the arrow on the Save button to reveal the ReadOnly option. You can include a stencil in the Visio environment with: Tools / Options / Advanced / File Paths / Stencils but ... network paths can be slow However, you could bui...

Using Visio 2000 stencils in Visio 2003
I created a custom stencil in Visio 2000 (Visio 2000 SR1 6.1.2072)and created many drawings using it. The stencil has several unsophisticated, specially formatted callout boxes. After upgrading to Visio 2003, I found two interrelated problems. The links from the shapes to their master now seem to be broken. This is especially distressing because the text line spacing for the master shapes are now set at "0" when the stencil is opened in Visio 2003. Any ideas what I can do other than open and re-edit everything I've done in Visio 2000? ...

Chemical Plant Stencils #2
Greetings, I see this link Need stencils or ideas? http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm in a number of posts. I find some chemical plant stencils listed from L Partin. However, the link is dead. Would anyone have these stencils and be willing to share them? Thanks in advance! ...

Creating a custom stencil for Cross Functional band and Separator
Hello, I'm well versed in creating custom stencils. We utilize this process to create stencil groups that conform to our corporate branding colors to help keep consistency across our organization. My difficulty is in adding a Functional Band shape to the stencil. I can add it to my stencil, modify the colors, line weighting, fonts, etc. However, when I actually use it, it defaults to the standard microsoft colors. The same is true if I edit the formatting of an existing drawing and try to add additional bands to it. Do you have any suggestions for me? -- Thanks, Suzann On Wed, 1...

what is the best website source (free of course) for visio stencils?
what is the best website source(s) (...free of course) for visio stencils? thanks. the short answer is "there is no best site if you aren't a little more specific". I'd start with John Marshall's site for pointers (visio.mvps.org). Then you might check www.visiocafe.com, after that check the specific vendors that you're looking for. al "SFB EIM" <sfbeim@comcast.net> wrote in message news:%23auR3XbuIHA.4952@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > what is the best website source(s) (...free of course) for visio stencils? > > thanks. > ...

Exp-300 Stencil
I want to use EXP-300 IBM in my diagram of Visio. Kindly help me in this regard b/c i don't have foun this in Visio M. Farhan Try Visio Cafe http://www.visiocafe.com/ibm.htm John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm Visio Wishlist http://www.mvps.org/visio/wish_list.htm "Muhammad Farhan" <Muhammad Farhan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E3D7988-07B6-4507-A989-2B9E2E88C841@microsoft...

about using the Lock synchorization mechanism
Hi! At the bottom I have a class named Counter and in a method called UpdateCount I use this statement lock(this) to synchronize so that only one thread can access this section of code. In class Test is main located also listed at the end. I made a test to access method Foo in this class Counter using the same object as I do when calling method UpdateCount and it worked. First I was a litle uncertain if this statement lock(this) will lock the object this in any way but it doesn't. So accoding to my test this argument that is passed to lock here this which is the currec...

Master Arrow problem
My requirement is that I want to create a Master Arrow just like "Control Transfer" shape available in "Basic FlowChart Stencil". The only change is require is a rectangle box instead of triangle box over this "Control Transfer" arrow type. Thanks Shahzad Godil Make a copy of the shape and then open the shapesheet of the copy. You can then modify the Geometry1 section to be a square rather than a rectangle. -- John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Co...

Where do I get simple visio network stencils ?
check John Marshall's site (www.mvps.org/visio) Al "Weso" <Weso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E4474DE-27C5-46F9-BC9D-6D497F7B6094@microsoft.com... > Sometimes you can contact the network vender directly, I know in the case of Nortel, I've contacted them directly and they've provided shapes for the items we purchased. Al Edlund wrote: > check John Marshall's site (www.mvps.org/visio) > Al > "Weso" <Weso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:0E4474DE-27C5-46F9-BC9D-6D497F7B6094@microsoft.com....

Getting Data Shapes to Work with Custom Stencils
I imported a picture and saved it as a shape. Then I linked data from a SQL database. I can get the data to show up in the Shape Date, but I can't get a Data Graphic to appear. Note that I can get Data Graphics to work with out of the box shapes in the same drawing - just not the custom picture. Tried in both Visio 2007 and 2010 Beta. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance. ...

importing phone calls (activities) with Data Migration (CDF) mechanism
Hi, after installing the CDF package, i was trying to import history records of account activities (phone calls), via the migration CDF package via cdf_Annotation table. The datatype of the field objectID (account ID) is int while the datatype of AccountID in AccountBase table is a uniqeidentifier. What can i do to resolve the conflict (I've already imported the accounts and contacts via the standard import internal mechanism) thanks in advance, Eliran ...