making an image transparent - help please

ok so I looked into this and I can't figure it:

1. Does Visio 2000 support transparent images? I guess if the answer is "No"
we need not go further.

2. I have 2 images (one .jpeg and the other .rtf, but I guess I could make
them anything) and I would like to overlay them over each other and have the
top one to be transparent. I am a total Visio beginner and have no idea what
I am doing. Any help in lame beginner terms would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
0
beginner1 (12)
7/14/2007 5:56:00 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

My understanding is that transparency was added in Visio 2002.  While Visio
2000 and 2002 share the same file format, the functionality is not available
in 2000.

Visio 2002 and later supports transparency on shapes.  You can use this to
make an inserted image semi-transparent, but the effect applies to the
entire image.  The ability to make a specific color transparent is not
supported.

--
Mark Nelson
Office Graphics - Visio

"mel the beginner" <mel the beginner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:0599F0A9-B470-46E5-AD8B-43CB009353CB@microsoft.com...
> ok so I looked into this and I can't figure it:
>
> 1. Does Visio 2000 support transparent images? I guess if the answer is
> "No"
> we need not go further.
>
> 2. I have 2 images (one .jpeg and the other .rtf, but I guess I could make
> them anything) and I would like to overlay them over each other and have
> the
> top one to be transparent. I am a total Visio beginner and have no idea
> what
> I am doing. Any help in lame beginner terms would be greatly appreciated.
>

> thanks

0
marknel (439)
7/14/2007 6:22:28 AM
On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 22:56:00 -0700, mel the beginner <mel the
beginner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>ok so I looked into this and I can't figure it:
>
>1. Does Visio 2000 support transparent images? I guess if the answer is "No"
>we need not go further.
>
>2. I have 2 images (one .jpeg and the other .rtf, but I guess I could make
>them anything) and I would like to overlay them over each other and have the
>top one to be transparent. I am a total Visio beginner and have no idea what
>I am doing. Any help in lame beginner terms would be greatly appreciated.

Further to what Mark said, .rtf isn't is a word processor format but
it may contain an embedded graphic image, you may need to extract this
image, Word should be able to do this.
Once you have the 2 images you should be able to use any reasonably
competent graphics program to overlay the two images by setting the
top transparency value. You may need to resize one the images of
course. Then save this as one file and insert into Visio.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Electronics for Visio        http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/

pfadmin help
I need ot use pfadmin to change a load of permissions on some public folders on a 5.5 server. I've not used pfadmin and having looked around on the net i can't find a good guide to its use, with some example command lines. Can any of you guys point me in the right direction? cheers, Phill "Phill H." <PhillH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need ot use pfadmin to change a load of permissions on some public folders >on a 5.5 server. I've not used pfadmin and having looked around on the net i >can't find a good guide to its use, with some e...

Help: Outlook pop account server timouts
Hoping that someone has a solution for this. I'm running Outlook 2007 connected to an Exchange server. I'm also poping several other accounts. Occasionally, one of the POP servers times out and I get a message asking me to type in my access credentials (which aren't actually needed as they're already there). I've extended the server timeout on the culprit account and so help alleviate the problem. The thing is, if I'm not at my computer to resubmit the credentials manually when I receive a server timeout popup, the mail for that account will go unchecked. No...

Error CODE 31? Need Help, Please!
I have a Dell desktop. I also have upgraded from windows xp to windows vista and installed all of the required drivers of my hardwares for windows vista. When checking the network adapters under device manager, you see the yellow caution sign. And when reviewing the properties it says Microsoft 6to4 adapter is not functioning correctly. The device status in the control panel states this error message : This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31) I understand that i have to either upgrade my driver(which ...

Help with Advanced Filter criteria for customized email inbox view
Using MSOutlook2003 I customized my Outlook Inbox view with an advanced filter. The criteria were Field Condition Value -------- ----------- ------ Due By does not exist Due By on or before Today() The result was that I see all of my email messages that either don't have a reminder set (flag and due date) or have a reminder set for any time after 12:00:00 AM of the current day. This worked very well. Everything that is due on a future day was hidden from view so I didn't have to look at it. I then decided that I also wan...

Macro Help #14
I don't know very much about coding macros at all so I was wonder how I would get one to change the content of a selected column's individual cells based on that cell's content. For example, if have column A with either "e" or "c" in each cell I want the macro to change the c's into 0's and the e's into 1's. Is it possible to do something like that? -- Bryan Bryan It is possible but a Macro is not needed for this. Worksheet function will do the job. In a "helper" column enter =IF(A1="c",0,IF(A1="e",1,&qu...

Please help me before I go nuts!
Ok, I've been formatting data in excel which came off a report generated by a (Sorry for swearing....) DOS program. basically, I have a heap of numbers (1600+) which are this format '00045454 now, I need to get rid of the '000 prefix to compare it to other data which has the same set of numbers but without the prefix. I've successfully used the replace all command up until now when it suddenly won't work and tells me it can't find the ' in any cell. It removed all the extra 000's but I'm not left with a number format of '45454 and have to manu...

Images no longer preview
For the past few days of using Publisher 2003 I have noticed the images I insert no longer appear in my designs and in print preview. This has started happening after Office SP3 downloaded and installed followed by SP2 for Office. I don't know if the SP2 forced a roll-back on the installation or not. Is there any way I can fix the problem or should I force SP3 back in place on top of SP2? Jeremy <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > For the past few days of using Publisher 2003 I have noticed the > images I insert no longer appear in my de...

Tecky needs help
Im trying to uninstall office 2000 without data1.msi file and want to know if there is any other way than to format hard drive!! This article may help. Could be you need to download the installer before you uninstall. Windows Installer Cleanup Utility Error Message: Error Creating Process (Msiexec.exec/l msicu.msi) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307653&Product=ofw2k -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Techy" <hendrikv@reach.co.za> wrote in message news:34C5CD84-7E21-4B3C-BB8A-...

Formula Help #39
Sorry if this was repeated. Having ISP problems. Formula Question Example: Name Result $ Hours/Minutes Jane +100 1:00 Bob -50 2:50 Bob +125 3:12 Ed +325 7:45 Jane +50 :55 Ed -150 1:37 Jane -25 2:50 Jane earned $125 in 4 hours and 45 minutes. How do I write a formula in a single cell to determine Jane's hourly rate that will automatically update as more data is added? Thanks. On Mon, 31 J...

Having trouble with VLookup function, pls help me.
Hi, I am new to Excel and I am having trouble using the Vlookup function. I have two workbooks. This is the data that I have in the first workbook: Column E Column F Overall Grade 94.00 92.67 52.33 90.33 65.67 66.67 52.00 73.67 67.00 81.00 66.00 91.33 90.33 88.67 92.67 2nd workbook Column A Column B Exam average Grade 0 to 49 = F 50 to 59 = D 60 to 74 = C 75 to 89 = B 90 to 100 =A In the 2nd workbook this is w...

Print Area Help!
I have designed a document with 1200 lines that have been formatted. Some of the users will have only 20 lines, but some will have 1000. I would like them to be able to print only the pages that they have used, but I can only figure out how to make it print all 1200 lines or only 1 page. Thanks! I think a macro is the way to go with this Function GetUsedArea Dim LastRow as Long LastRow = Sheet1.usedrange.row + sheet1.usedrange.rows.count -1 sheet1.printarea = "$a$1:$f$" & LastRow End Function Lindsay wrote: >I have designed a document with 1200 lines that have been f...

Help w/minor change- Outlook 2000
I'd like to make a minor change.. using Outlook 2000, Workgroup setting, and Windows XP... When checking for mail, 2 dialog windows pop up- one for each of the mail boxes it checks.. 'checking for mail'.. is there a way to set it up to have a small dialog box, as Internet only has on the lower right corner? Also, when it does find new email, another dialog box pops up 'Do you want read new mail'?... Is there a way to disable that as well.. a small envelope in the tray is sufficient.. Thank you! -- B'Regards, Vinnie I do not have an answer to your first questi...

A window with file and help meny items
Hello Experts! I have a document about window system and here they show a window with two menu items at the top of the screen to choose from. The Items are File and Help. Now to my question I can't understand where in the code, statements are used to be able to show the two menu items File and Help? Here is the program: The program is not complete because the callback procedure WndProc are not include in the code but that doesn't affect the question. #include <windows.h> #include "resource.h" int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, hPrevInstance, LPSTR lpCmdLin...

Second Post- Need Help with Wizard Property Sheet
I am using the CPropertySheetEx property sheet in an MFC application as follows. m_psh.hbmHeader = LoadBitmap( AfxGetInstanceHandle(), MAKEINTRESOURCE( IDB_NEW_QUERY_HEADER ) ); m_psh.hbmWatermark = LoadBitmap( AfxGetInstanceHandle(), MAKEINTRESOURCE( IDB_NEW_QUERY_WATERMARK ) ); m_psh.dwFlags |= PSH_WATERMARK | PSH_HEADER | PSH_WIZARD97 | PSH_USEHBMHEADER | PSH_USEHBMWATERMARK; The bitmap however is being tiled instead of just placing it on the right side of the header. There has to be some flag to stop tiling the bitmap. I have an executable compiled by someone else no longer at...

delayed/ slow response when trying to make attachments.
I've just installed Microsoft 2002 Outlook and finding that when I try to do attachment to the email, it take a very long time for the computer to allow me to browse to find the targeted file. If I clicked too many times on the pop up screen for selecting the attachments, then it freeze and stop responding. I browsed thru the posted questions and could not find anyone with a similar problems.. Anyone out there knows what is going on with my situation? It is very annoying to sit and wait each time you go up or down on searching for the file. Thank you in advance. ...

How do I print several sheets in a workbook as one file, making t.
Please post your question in the body of the message. It is truncated and we have to guess. My guess is that you simply need to select the tabs you want to print by clicking on the tab for the first sheet to print, then press & hold the Control key while clicking on the other tabs you want to print. When all are selected, click on the print button "aimeesue78" wrote: > my guess is you're looking for the report manager add-in (which allows for consecutive page numbers, different views / scenarios per sheet, differenet sheet order etc) ... in version 2000 it ...

Record Duplication & Formatting Advise Please.....
I would be most appreciative if anyone could answer my questions below, thanks Dermot. I am looking for the best way to configure a column so that if I enter "yes" it enters "Yes".....or if I enter "y" it enters "Yes". At the moment I am using auto correct but I wondered if this is the correct use of this feature and whether or not there is a better way. I also looked at the "Proper " format, but can't seem to get it to work. Looking up the help feature doesn't help. The help example appears to be for one cell only I would like ...

Smartlist Builder Go To's help
I created a simple smartlist in SLB that shows account transactions for the current year. I mostly use GL20000 and get the full account from GL00105.ACTNUMST. I also tried to created two Go To’s – one that will open the journal entry inquiry for the particular transaction and one that will open the account inquiry window. I have tried many combinations in SLB to accomplish this but nothing seems to work. At best, I can get the window to open but not the window with the appropriate data. Can anyone tell me what the Add Go To – Open Form setting should be for these two Go To’s? The ...

Need formula help
I'm using Excel 2002 with SP3 and am having difficulty with the formula in one cell. All of the steps of the formula need to reside in cell D14 so the result is put there. May go through up to 20 steps to arrive at result, depending upon current date, which is present in cell C3 as =TODAY(). Cells O4 through O23 have dates 1/21/2006 through 8/21/2007. Contents of these cells are formatted to be raw five digit number. Cells P4 through P23 have differing dollar amounts, from $12,727.27 down to $0.00. Basic formula: =IF(AND(C3>=O4),(C3<O5),-P4,Go to next step) =IF(AND(C3>=O5)...

Inventory Transfer
Hi; When I go to Inventory | Batch, I found a batch of inventory transfer is hanging there without batch ID, when I click on it, it pop up a window say "Please select a record first", I ran a SQL query select * from IV10000 and found a record there with IVDOCNBR "001003" and the DEX_ROW_ID is '2891' but no batch number, no BCHSOURC. How can I clean this record? -- Kane I would enter a Batch ID and BACHSOURC in the fields in IV10000 and then determine if the transaction(s) need to be posted. If not, then delete the batch from the UI. Frank...

Help Moving Controls (SDI)
There must be an easier way to do all of this! Please help. I have an editing application that allows the user to create and edit custom buttons, listboxes, etc... I can allow the user to resize the objects (no problem), but when the user tries to move the objects to a different location in the View I have issues. I found one way to allow the user to move a CButton type (yes, I have a pointer to the current CView object): void CustomButton::OnMouseMove(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { if(nFlags & MK_LBUTTON) { ClientToScreen(&point); RECT tmpRect; _view->GetWindowRect(&...

Make Personal Calendar Read Only

Help about LARGE_INTEGER
Hi, I need to use a LARGE_INTEGER variable for API call. But I found that LARGE_INTEGER is not __int64. It's a struct. So, my questions is, how to get dwTestRst1 and dwTestRst2 as below? Thanks in advance. =================================================================== LARGE_INTEGER hugeTest; DWORD dwTest; DWORD dwTestRst1; DWORD dwTestRst2; dwTestRst1 = hugeTest / dwTest; dwTestRst2 = hugeTest % dwTest; David wrote: > I need to use a LARGE_INTEGER variable for API call. > But I found that LARGE_INTEGER is not __int64. It's a struct. > So, my questions is, how to g...

Playlists won't delete -- HELP!
Ok, so I just bought a new laptop with Win7 on it. I copied some playlists I created on my desktop computer (that uses Win Vista 32-bit) and put them in the proper folder to play them on my laptop. They were recognized by Windows Media Player, but none of the songs would play. I eventually gave up and deleted them and even deleted them out of my recycle bin. However, even after restarting my laptop twice now, when I open Windows Media Player, the playlists are still listed. When I try and click on one, nothing pulls up. How can I get these out of there? Never had this issu...

Reading XML from Database - Serious Problem