Interesting Visio GUI problem! It keeps vanishing!

Hi there,

Interesting Visio problem (Enterprise Architects SR-1)

When I start Visio, it updates the directory cache each
time, opens up, and then the GUI disappears.

HOWEVER, visio.exe is still running as a process in task
manager (although not as an application).

I've tried uninstalling, service packs, standard 2002
version...nothing seems to help.

Does anyone know how to help?

Thanks,

Steve.
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Try deleting content.dat from the Visio folder.
It's usually at C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local
Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Visio

"SteveH" <stevenharris.removethis@centro.org.uk> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> Interesting Visio problem (Enterprise Architects SR-1)
>
> When I start Visio, it updates the directory cache each
> time, opens up, and then the GUI disappears.
>
> HOWEVER, visio.exe is still running as a process in task
> manager (although not as an application).
>
> I've tried uninstalling, service packs, standard 2002
> version...nothing seems to help.
>
> Does anyone know how to help?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve.

0
asdf2235 (47)

Keeping my budget's yearly numbers intact
Let me first state that I am a newbie. When I set up my budget making all of the items yearly budget items, it figure out what the items income or expense would be per month. Then when I look at yearly reports it transfers the money per month back to a yearly total. The problem is that many of my items are off by a few cents--for example instead of our postage category being $2500 dollars it ends up being 2499.96. I know why this is happening and it ends up being only a few cents different, but I am putting our church finances in Money and the quality of the report forms is impo...

Out Look problem
Hi, I have the following problem with my Microsoft Outlook 2007SP2. I am running it with windows Vista 64 bit. 1. I have made four accounts with the outlook. The outLook takes forever to send and receive the messages. 2. If I exit the outlook and open it again, it does not open . I have to restart the computer again. 3. After restarting the computer and outlook. The outlook loads new messages and then it does not get new messages for a long time. It shows me the new messages after a very long time. Please advice! John #2 - after closing, go to task manager, processes...

Upgrading Outlook problem
Hello Everyone, When I upgrade Outlook 2000 from 97, in some instances I go to add service from the tool menu and the service option is not there. Accounts appears, but Service does not. Any ideas? thank you for any help. Maritza. Thank you this was it! Maritza. >-----Original Message----- >Hi Maritza, > >Outlook 2000 can be configured in two completely different modes, "Corporate or Workgroup" and "Internet Mail Only." If you open Outlook, then click on >Help > About, you should see that your machine is installed in "Internet Mail Only&q...

Problems with Deployment Manager
We are a MS Action Pack subscriber and I've been to hell and back doing a clean install of CRM1.2 on SBS2003 (sp1). I've been through the DEP problem, the KDC problem and now i'm stuck with deployment manager that doesn't deploy. When i try and add a user, it reports, "An error occurred while retrieving the list of users in Active Directory. For more information, contact your System Administrator" I've given up on this, as i can add and administer users via the web interface. But, when i customize forms and try and publish via the DM, it hangs on locating IIS w...

Problem with IE Update KB978207
Since installing the above security patch for Internet Explorer (I am using IE8) I now cannot click on any dropdown box (either within the box or on the downpointing arrow at the right hand side) on any website or form (I have tried more than a few). If I do my browser first freezes and then (after a while, I have an old PC) gives me the "IE has to close" box, this happens every single time. Whilst I cannot be absolutely sure it is the fault of the update, all I know is I had no problems before I installed it and started having them first time I went online after in...

MFC 7 Application and DDE: problem opening files with double click
Hello, I generated a MFC MDI application with AppWizard in Visual Studio .NET. The generated code is equal to the generated code by the AppWizard version of Visual Studio 6.0, BUT, it doesn't seem to work correctly. Infact, when I double click on the document associated with the application, I have a delayed error message saying that it can't open the file (but it has just opened it!) and when I double click on a file while the application is running, it opens an other instance of the application instead of sending the file to the running one. I tried to disable the call to Registe...

Rich Edit Problem
hi all i have a problem with rich edit control . when i use a rich Edit in my dialog based program , in run time , nothing appear and program end without any error or never run . i dont know what is problem . i think there is version problem ( VC use RichEdit v 1.0 ) .. but dont know how can solve it . i want to get unicode ( utf-8 ) inputs in my program . i use VC++ 6 in windows XP . thank u in advance , and excuse my english ! alpha Alpha, > i have a problem with rich edit control . when i use a rich Edit in my > dialog based program , in run time , nothing appear and > p...

What is Visio error 0x86db0c90 ?
Does anyone know what the error code 0x86db0c90 means? I get this error when opening an empty sheet, insert an OLEControl (no matter what kind of control) undoing the insert and then exporting the active page to an .emf file. The .emf file is not written. Same error with Visio 2003 and 2007. Dieter ...

professional GUI
I've need to add to my MFC dialog box based application, professional GUI. I've tried some libraries from CodeProject but most of them support only SDI/MDI applications and don't support dialog box applications. Prof-Uis is an exception that does support, but I found it complex for may level of programming. Can someone recommend on some other commercial library? Regards Arie We use this one, very good. http://www.bcgsoft.com/ Greets, Alfons George schrieb: > I've need to add to my MFC dialog box based application, professional GUI. > I've tried some libraries...

How long to you all keep bank & annuity statements?
I realize that this is probably a little off-topic, but as I keep all my msmoney accounts up to date, how long do you all keep statements from banks, stock brokers, annuities, etc? I just opened my filing cabinet and realized that I have records going back MANY years. Do I really need to keep them, or am I being anal? Dick In microsoft.public.money, Dick wrote: >I realize that this is probably a little off-topic, but as I keep all my >msmoney accounts up to date, how long do you all keep statements from banks, >stock brokers, annuities, etc? I would keep the statements fo...

Real time data in Visio.
I understand that I cannot view real time data from a visioviewer. instead of using VisioViewer I will load Visio in my PC and using RUN command i can execute my application and able to see the real time data update on the screen. But if the same environment i give to a customer, there may be every chance of him middling with my code or changing the Shapes on my screen. i want to restrict this activity. Is there any possibility that i can disable the Menu and by using function key F5 or RUN command he can execute the apllication. Please suggest. Anil, Some tips to get you headed in the ri...

2003 Visio Viewer
It is mentioned in the 2003 beta documentation but have been unable to locate it anywhere. Does anyone know where I could find it? The viewer will be available shortly after final release of the main product. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "me1" <me1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:I9DXa.142362$XV.7526573@twister.austin.rr.com... > It is mentioned in the 2003 beta documentation but have been unable to > locate it anywhere. Does anyone know where I could find it? >...

Relay Problem
Hello, Since Friday I've noticed that we are being relayed through. in the properties of the virtual server I have relay granted to only the server's IP address & un-checked "Allow all computers which successfully authenticate to relay, regardless of the list above." Thanks Peretz Stern What is it you see that makes you think you're being used as a relay? Peretz Stern wrote: > Hello, > > > > Since Friday I've noticed that we are being relayed through. in > the properties of the virtual server I have relay granted to only the ...

Problem with lot
When scanning a lot matrix item the register will stop and the cashier must select the correct "lot" to use. If the cashier is not looking at the screen and is just scanning items, they will hear the good scan from the scanner and go to the next item. If they scan a lot matrix item and hear the good scan, and then go to the next item WITHOUT selecting the proper lot, the register will select the default lot and not ring up the next item. Is there a way to have an alert when the cashier needs to input the correct lot? Thanks, Jay There is no warning dialog box...this questio...

How to keep a running total on a col that has frequent new entires
Hello all. This is my first post in the excel groups, so I was not sure which group would be most appropriate for my question (so please forgive the crosspost). I want to do something that seems so simple, but I have not yet figured out how to best do it. I will be entering several fields of data such that a1 - b1 = c1 with subsequent rows entered as data becomes available such that the next row would be a2 - b2 = c2, and so on. I want a total of column 'C' such that every day when I enter a row of new data that the total of all entries in column 'C' moves down as new...

A really interesting Outlook problem!
Hello everybody! I've got an interesting Outlook file (112 KB RAR-ed) which shows the following behavior: when you open it (i tried Outlook 2003), it shows up OK, but no item could be deleted or moved. It tells "Errors have been detected in your Outlook data file, close all programs and use the Inbox repair tool". But scanpst (Inbox Repair Tool) finds absolutely no problem even with -logv 9, the most detailed one. What can you suggest me to do? Here is the link to the file: http://www.anovikov.com/StrangeFile.rar Are there any Microsoft people out here? By looking at...

Cirix & DST problem
We run a PS4 2-server farm. We also run an Exchange 5.5 mail server. All are running on W2K Server. We have a number of public calendars. If you view them using a direct connection via Outlook 2003,they look fine. If you view them on one Citrix server (CITRIX-H1), they look fine. However, if you look at them on CITRIX-H2, you see the behavior expected when there is a DST problem. This is where appointments that fall in the expanded date range (3/9 - 4/6) and exhibit strange behavior with "all day" appointments. Any ideas what could be going on? Or a work around? -- Regards...

Address Book problem #4
Using OfficeXP on the pc, if I want to use Outlook's address book from Word to add an address to a envelope I am able to see all contact address's On my laptop, which also uses OfficeXP, trying to do the same above I am only able to see contact address's that have where the contact has an email or fax number Windows XP Pro is the operationg ssytem on both machines What setting do I need to change on the laptop so that I am able to see all contact address's TA Tom When the Word Address Book shows only Contacts with e-mail addresses, that usually means you did an i...

Version 9.0 install problem
I'm receiving the following error when I install version 9.0: Unhandled script exception: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not find stored procedure 'DYNAMICS.dbo.hrSysDoesHrSysExist' When I try to log in as Administrator, I get a message that the database has not been setup properly, or something. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Chris, Is this an install of a new workstation to be attached to an existing GP database? If so, you will need to include Human Resources as part of the additional products during the intallation. If this is a totall...

Pivot Table problem #2
hi, I want to un select some of the items in the child items of a dimension in pivot Table. So for this I have written a query. But unselecting part, visible property is not working. Tried to update "pi.Visible" = False when even year = 2003 . But it is not updating. Seems like visible property of pivot items is read only. Always the value is true. When i checked microsoft site, its written visible type is read/write boolean. where I am going wrong ? Or Visible property of Pivot items will not work for OLAP data source (my data source is poiting to analysis Manager) ?? ...

problem with element data type
I'm using MSXML 4.0 in my application and i have a problem when i try to retrieve an attribut value with the property IXMLDOMNode::nodeTypedValue. in my XML i have the element : <MyElem x_date="2006-03-16T12:30:30" x_int="6"/> If i attach an XDR document : <AttributeType name="x_date" required="yes" dt:type="datetime" /> <AttributeType name="x_int" required="yes" dt:type="number" /> In my application, if i call : _variant_t x = y->attributes->getNamedItem(L"x_date")->...

Problem archiving
I have an issue when I try to archive data from before 1-1-2005. I have tons of mails before that and want to save them to an arhive.pst file. But the only thing that happens is that et copies all folders to the new pst and then stops with no errors or anything. I then have a archive.pst with a complete copy of my folder structure. What am i doing wrong. Running: Office 2003 SP2 on Windows XP Harddrive: 100gB w/60gB free Mem: 768MB /Christian IT Administrator Did you import these items from anywhere? I'm asking because archiving uses the modification date on an item to determine el...

Money 2002 Login Problems
When prompted for my password, and entering the correct password I receive this error message: "the operation cannot be performed" the password is correct. Any ideas - any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Steve I forgot to mention that i'm still able to access the data. Also - I'm wrong below - it doesn't matter what password I enter the message below still appears. Also - this password was established back when I started w/ money in '98. So the Login Lockbox feature did not exist back then. I also tried creating a new password, but this had no ef...

Problem sending mails with attachments
We have a problem with sending mails with attachments. We are using an Access application with a mail function. We create a new mail from within the Access application, then manually add an attachment and send the mail to an external recipient. When the recipient reads the mail , the recipient sees an attachment with the name "attachment21" (no extension) and the attachment cannot be read by any program I know. The original attachment is lost. When a mail with attachment was created and sent directly from within Outlook, the external recipient sees an attachment with the right name ...

Concantenated SUM() problem
I'm trying to build a sum range statement by concantenating a range from another sheet. The actual statement looks like this =SUM(INDIRECT(AF31&"!O_"&INDEX($A:$A,ROW())&"_"&AL31&":"&AF32&"!O_"&INDEX($A:$A,ROW())&"_"&AL32)) AF31 = Orders_June_2006.xls AF32 = Orders_June_2006.xls ......in another scenario those could have different names, but lets ignore that for now AL31 = 12 AL31 = 22 .....these two cell values represent day codes .....after formula evaluation it looks like this =SUM(Orders_Ju...