Installing Visio 2000 on XP pro SP2

Hi all,
 I am using Visio 2002 on my home PC. JUst bought Visio 2000, want to
install it on a thinkpad -T23 running XPP sp2.
 Installation want to install microsoft data engine 1.0. Should I do this?
Should I install both discs?  I just want to edit drawing I have made at
home on 2002. I dont want to make any unseen changes to my notebook, or
damage the  settings.
 Any advise?

0
tmfast (1)
7/1/2005 8:57:57 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You don't need to install the data engine to run Visio.

--
Mark Nelson
Microsoft Corporation

"tmfast" <tmfast@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I am using Visio 2002 on my home PC. JUst bought Visio 2000, want to
> install it on a thinkpad -T23 running XPP sp2.
> Installation want to install microsoft data engine 1.0. Should I do this?
> Should I install both discs?  I just want to edit drawing I have made at
> home on 2002. I dont want to make any unseen changes to my notebook, or
> damage the  settings.
> Any advise?

0
marknel (439)

Address Folders Missing in Outlook 2000
Hi - after migrating from ME to XP, my address folders I had organized are not there, i.e. customers, reps, etc. How do I get them back? Also get the error "actext.dll is missing" when I sign on to Outlook...help!! Did you just re-use the old .PST file or did you import from it? Are you talking about additional Contacts folders that are missing, or do you mean the Contacts folders are there but just not available when you click the To button? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to...

Where can I find Brick wall in Visio?
Im looking to make a wall(brick wall!) but i can't find where's in Visio. On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 08:13:00 -0700, john15 <john15@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Im looking to make a wall(brick wall!) but i can't find where's in Visio. It's well hidden. Open the Custom Patterns stencil menu File -> Shapes -> Visio Extras put a box type of shape on your page menu Format -> Fill and select the Brick pattern You may need to adjust the scaling. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.electronics-packages.sandrila.co.uk/ Two other suggestion...

install certificate -- not working?
I installed my co-workers certificate (using Tools>Options>Security>Digital Signatures, double-clicked her certificate and selected Install Certificate... got the message saying "sucessful import" and clicked OK).... in a new file, when I go to add her signature, when I click Add, I only see mine, not hers as well... what am I doing wrong? ...

IE7 Files remaining after IE8 Install
On a Dell Precision 650 running 32 bit XP-Pro, I recently upgraded from IE7 to IE8. After a recent backup session, I see that my C:\ partition still contains a large number of files labeled IE7.xxxx. Can these IE7 labeled files be manually erased or are they integral to IE8's proper operation? Many thanks for any insight to what I have seen. "Can these IE7 labeled files be manually erased..." NO! "...or are they integral to IE8's proper operation?" YES! --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est HenriK wrote: > On a Dell Precision 650 running ...

Compatibility issues with macros (2000 vs. 2003)?
Customers are reporting issues when sending documents created in Excel 2003 to those with 2000. They are unable to use the macros. It is not an issue of security settings--all are set to medium. A user said they heard there was a way to create a macro in 2003 that is "saved as" 2000. Aside from issues with features in 2003 not in 2000, does anyone have any knowledge or experience with this issue? Thanks, Lori Hi Lori, I also have some customers whose 2003 macros error out on 2000 machines. For me it has always been an issue revolving around 2003 features not in 2000. Th...

How to Install GP 6.0 on new Server
I need to install GP 6.0 on a Win2003 Server with SQL 2000. I am currently using SQL 7.0 on NT4 . I have moved the databases using KB 314546 & KB 246133. The moves worked and the first GP logon to the server works, but when I attempt to logon to the Company, I get an error "Your login has been removed from the user activity file and you cannot be in the accounting system". I checked the Dynamics ACTIVITY table, and it is empty, so I am not hung up there. Did I err in believing that I could just copy the databases etc. and get GP to work? Do I need to follow a diffe...

SBS/Exchange 2000 mailbox migration
A functional SBS 2000 DC is being replaced by another, using the same software in the same config. What's the best way to move the Exchange 2000 mailboxes, given that the two machines can't exist online together? If you are going to have everything the same, you should be able to backup and then restore the system state of AD which will bring over users and the Exchange Organization configuration. Then just perform a Disaster Recovery scenario of Exchange. 1) Install Exchange using Disaster Recovery switch 2) Install the correct service packs 3) Restore the databases back to t...

Columns in Outlook XP
In Outlook XP, I have the Accounts column set to display which acct is being used when an em is being received or sent. However, the problem I have is that the column header reads "Account", but no acct name is ever displayed. Can anyone tell me why the acct name is not displaying and how I can get it to display? Thks, Michael ...

How do I launch multiple instances of Outlook in XP Pro?
On one of my two Lenovo notebooks running XP Pro and 2003 Office, I can launch multiple instances of Outlook so I can have one window with my mail open and another with my calendar. On my other identically set-up notebook, I cannot launch multiple instances. Where can I find instructions as to what settings must be adjusted? Check your shortcut for launching Outlook to see if it is using the /recycle command line switch. Other than that, you can always start/open another Outlook window by right clicking on the Outlook folder in question and pick open in new window. "...

Convert XP to 2003
Hi, We're running an Access 2002 front end (SQL Server back end). The parent company is migrating to 2003 and I've run some tests on converting the 2002 front end to 2003. When I start the converted database, I get security warnings on the VBA code that runs in the startup form. (The code is just setting a few text box values with dates and company info.) I've been searching MSDN and TechNet for articles on migrating to 2003, but have been unable to find anything that contains guidelines for converting from 2002 to 2003. I was hoping to get some help on where I can find...

Access 2002 to SQL Server 2000
I'm trying to upgrade an Access 2002 database to SQL server 2000 using the Access Upgrade Wizard. First I moved the database to another computer that has Access 2003, and from there used the upgrade wizard The wizard upgrads 6 or 7 out of 8 tables, but it always skips one or two tables. If I try to import the mdb table into the new ADP I get an error message "overflow" Any idea why the wizard keeps skipping these two tables? The report at the end of the upgrade does not say why the tables were skipped. Thanks for your help! Joe PS, Microsoft rocks!!! > The report a...

Outlook 2000
Is there some way of copying emails in my Outlook 2000 personal folder in a format that can be read by MS Word. ...

Where can I find leaflet templates for publisher 2000?
Hi, I am a novice publisher user and I am trying to create a great leaflet, more along the lines of what is availble for Publisher 2003 rather than 2000. Iwas wondering if anyone knows where I could find some! Many thanks File, new, select flyers, you can see a sample leaflet. Create a great leaflet with your imagination. Only you know the content... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "alexhart" <alexhart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E548E43-B1CF-44A4-BF6A-BDDD89B1CB47@microsoft....

Excel 2000 #4
I have a filled series of numbers that are relative. How do I change them to absolute? Do you that they are produced via formulae? -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove xxx from email address if mailing direct) "billytre" <billytre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C22BA5C-5B4D-44D0-8B56-8EDEBF1CE862@microsoft.com... > I have a filled series of numbers that are relative. How do I change them to > absolute? No Bob, Just a straight fill by dragging. "Bob Phillips" wrote: > Do you that they are produced via formulae? > > -- > HTH &...

migrate mailbox store from exchange 2000 server
Hi all. I have an exchange 2000 server running on windows 2000 server. It is also a domain controller. Recently my active directory got corrupted and my users can't access their mailboxes. As there is no backup, i cannot restore my AD. However i need to retrieve data that is still in my mailbox store. Hence i would like to know if it is possible to get back my mailbox store by backing up the mailbox store(mdb file) and transfer the mdb file to another exchange machine by selecting to mount the store? Thks in advance. On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 23:20:03 -0800, inenewbl <inenewbl@discussio...

MS Pub 2003 versus Pub 2000 and 97
I have both Pub 2000 and 97 installed on my machine running Win XP Home and MS Word 2000. For my purposes (using numerous endnotes and both English and Cyrillic fonts) I prefer Pub 97. May someone tell me if there is any advantage of installing and using Pub 2003? -------------- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, Florida ILYAZ@EARTHLINK.NET Hi ilyaz (ilyaz@earthlink.net), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have both Pub 2000 and 97 installed on my machine running Win XP || Home and MS Word 2000. For my purposes (using numerous endnotes and || both English and Cyrillic fonts) I prefer Pub 97. May ...

How to install program
How to install the program for the standard user but using the administrative privileges of Administrator? "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message news:eJT1RLwjKHA.4500@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > How to install the program for the standard user but using the > administrative privileges of Administrator? > > Right-click on the executable and choose "run as administrator" That does not work hence my question. Doing as that the message is: "You must be logged as an administrator when installing this program" Claire &quo...

Outlook 2002 on XP
I attempt to open Inbox email with no attachment and okay. I attempt to open Inbox email with attachment and Outlook appears to hang in send/receive mode. I have to use task manager to end app then XP generates the error send report. Then I have to restart PC. Any ideas why this happens? Mahalo, Reid ...

SOS! SharePoint Install
I downloaded SharePoint Services 2.0 and installed it on my Windows Server 2003 Std. server where CRM 3.0 is installed. Now, I can't use CRM. When I double click the icon I get a message that says "The Server is Unavailable". Major disaster! Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance. Did you reboot the server? "Lloyd" wrote: > I downloaded SharePoint Services 2.0 and installed it on my Windows Server > 2003 Std. server where CRM 3.0 is installed. Now, I can't use CRM. When I > double click the icon I get a message that says "The Server is...

Problems starting Outlook 2000 #2
I am having problems starting Outlook 2000. At present I run it on two computers but the main PC is the one I'm having problems with it and that's where all my work is stored. Outlook hangs when I start it and I've read through the group to find out what I can do. I can't even find the file outcmd.dat on the main computer to rename it so I'm presuming something is badly wrong as I found the file on the other PC with no problems. Any help would be appreciated. Try a repair of OL, iether from the OL menu or by using the installation disk "Sara Sunderland" &l...

How many computers can I install Office on?
I have a new PC under construction and Office 2007 H&S on order. I also have genuine Outlook 2007 ready to load (at present still wrapped up). Will I be able to load them onto my new PC, Laptop + Son's computer (3 in all) under the terms of my licence? If not, how do I extend my licence to cover all three, and how much will it cost? Many thanks Badsworth Hopefully this will provide definitive information: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7467D5C4-FA3A-4F9F-82B6-CBCD6108A980&displaylang=en -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to th...

Popup menus and windows move behind app window in XP
All first-level popup windows, whether they be right-click menus, "What's this" context popups, drop-down selection boxes, are disappearing behind the application window or dialog box being displayed a second or two after being displayed. This behavior is limited to Windows XP and never happens when out product is used with Windows 2000. Sometimes the windows do not disappear. When they do, it is only the portion of the window that overlays our application window or a dialog being displaying. It is as if the application window or dialog is being redrawn and the order o...

Outlook client cannot contact exchange 2000
Hello All, I have an Exchange 2000 box that had a public IP. I changed the server to a static private IP. I set the client to a DHCP address on the same scope. After a reboot the outlook program cannot seem to find the server. If I do a "check name" it will resolve but will not connect. This issue is network wide; every machine is having the same issue. I can't seem to pin it down to anything specific. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks, Peretz Stern Hi, try stop and staring the information store service in your exchange server. Previously all your clients were c...

Importing an Outlook 2000 pst file using Outlook Express
How do I import an Outlook 2000 pst file using Outlook Express? You can't. Which portion of the PST data did you need? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "TJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:111fa01c44163$0ca3ddd0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How do I import an Outlook 2000 pst file using Outlook > Express? ...

Exchange 5.5 & 2000 and Trend interscan viruswall! Please Help!
I have a problem! I'm getting ready to remove our Exchange 5.5 server. I shutdown the 5.5 server and every thinks worked as they should. Then I rebooted our mail relay (Linux based unfortunately) server witch is also running, Trend InterScan VirusWall 3.8 for Linux. When it was up and running again our emails did not get through. Every thing looked correct, but nothing happened. I can't find any thing that refers to the Exchange 5.5. Is it possible that it is getting the information from the Exchange 2000 or AD? After starting up the Exchange 5.5 and stopping and restarting th...