Installation Problems

Whenever I try to install Visio Professional 2003, everything is goin
well until I receive error message 1402 indicating that I do not hav
access to the registry key.  I have tried everything imaginable t
troubleshoot this problem to no avail.  Help

--
alici
Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i

visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Probably need more information like where is it being installed
(local/remote), what operating system are you attempting to use, do you have
appropriate priveleges, etc.
al

"alicia" <alicia.27d5er@NoSpamPleaze.com> wrote in message

> Whenever I try to install Visio Professional 2003, everything is going
> well until I receive error message 1402 indicating that I do not have
> access to the registry key.  I have tried everything imaginable to
> troubleshoot this problem to no avail.  Help!
>

> --
> alicia
> Posted from - http://www.officehelp.in

0
edlund1 (616)

Outlook 2002 problem with Eudora
We have a computer that is running Office XP and using Outlook 2002 for their email. Another computer in our office is a MAC that is using Eudora 6.0.1. If the MAC user sends any attachment in their email to the computer running Outlook 2002, the attachments do not come through. If the MAC user sends the same email to a computer in the same office running Outlook 2000, the attachments come through and they are able to open it. The file type is not one that is blocked by XP, we have sent PDF, EXCEL and Word files and none are received. Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks...

Combo Box problem 05-07-07
I have a combo control on a form that has when I select a value the form reverts to the first record it doesn't stay with the current record. I have a NotinList procedure that opens another form to enable the user to add to the list of values in the combo control and when I close this second form the new value is recorded but again the form goes to the first record and doesn't stay with the current one. Anyone any ideas where I can start looking for the reason why this happens? Thanks Tony Tony Williams wrote: > I have a combo control on a form that has when I select a val...

How do I install when "file ZF561407.CAB can not be found"

outlook 2003 problem
hello... my clients have mentioned a "problem" and i am stumped on what to do with it on user accounts that have been renamed because a user left and we wanted the new user to take over their account, after changing the display name, alias, etc. when typing part of their last name in outlook, in the brackets next to it, outlook still shows the prior users login name (i have changed the login name, alias, etc..) all any idea on how to correct this? thanks ed On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:45:16 -0400, "Eddie Walker" <ewalker3REMOVEME@prodigy.net> wrote: >hello...

Problems with MS-DateTime-Picker 6.0
My userform has a Multipage control on top. My Microsoft Date-Time-Picker 6.0 Control is sitting on "Page 1" of the Multi-page control. If I change to "Page 2" and try to access the ".Value" of the DTPicker control, it will return an error value. (It is returning the year 1899). What is wrong here? Does the DTPicker need to be on the visible page to be used?? Are there any other things I should know about this DTPicker control? Robert, You could assign the DTPicker's value to a public date variable in its change event. HTH, Be...

Excel Time Problem
I exported a file from a telephone switch reporting system as a "tab separated text" file, because when I export the data in Excel I have to deal with merged cells and other formatting problems. I have a couple of columns that have time values like 160:02:05 for logged in time, and 34:16:46 as the waiting dime� Both are time �DURATIONS� or time in a state. I used the Format, Cell, custom and [ss] to get the duration value to seconds, and I get 123406 and 576125 respectively. I then use these numbers in a calculation typically like 1338 / (576125 - 123406) and I get 219 as the an...

Upgrade from Money 2004 to Money 2005
I just upgraded from Money 2004 to Money 2005, and 2 of my accounts (a savings account and a credit card) showed significantly different balances from the last time I looked at them in Money 2004. It seems that, for some reason, when it converted my 2004 file to 2005, it only grabbed a portion of the transactions, and considered the balance as of just before the first transaction it grabbed to be $0, when both accounts actually had non-zero balances at that time. Am I missing something, or is Money 2005 just that poorly designed? In microsoft.public.money, dbrebel wrote: >I just upgrade...

Re: Two-Column Problem
After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Charley Kyd <kyd@incsight.com>... > But now, when I add a pair of pages, Publisher gives me guides for two > columns per page but gives me only one page-wide textbox per page, > not two. Can't you create your text boxes yourself? Or change the text box that appears to a two-column one? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm ...

Enabling FBA problem
Hello, I have one exchange 2000 server installed on win 2k,and everything works fine. When I try to enable forms based authentication with Exch system manager on HTTP virtual server, I receive this error "You must use the IIS Admin to manage this virtual server's settings", but when I start IIS admin console I don't see that option. Can anyone help me with this General wrote: > Hello, > > I have one exchange 2000 server installed on win 2k,and everything works > fine. > When I try to enable forms based authentication with Exch system manager on > HTTP...

Pivot Table Refresh Problems
Hi All: Hoping that someone can help. I am trying to refresh a pivot table using the following code which was inserted on the Daily Production Output Sheet(both sheets in the same workbook). I am using Excel 2003 Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() 'If data on this worksheet changes, refresh the pivot table Sheets("Daily Production Output").PivotTables("PivotTable3").RefreshTable End Sub The Calculation has been set to Automatic. However when I try to run the above code I am getting the following error" Run Time error 1044, Application defined or Object defin...

Error in posting 4 times! Frustrating problems with html signatures and styles (normal.dot)
I just learned that the message posted 4 times; I thought I had canceled the previous posts where I had not filled in the right newsgroups.... On my machine, it only shows posted 1 time; but I guess that the news server does not support cancellations of posts. Sorry about that...... ...

vlookup problem #3
I am trying to a vlookup on formatted text. I I had a long string and extracted certain characters from it using the "mid" function. Now if do a vlookup on the extracted list it doesnt work. But if I were t actually type in the values in the extracted list the vlookup start working. I tried changing the format of the extracted list to general number and text..nothing works. Can anybody please tell me what I am doing wrong? I know my vlookup i correct because it works when i type the values in the table array. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check to be ...

FRx Export problem
Hi all, Hope someone can help. One of our users is trying to do an export from FRx to excel but is faced with the following error: Error 200 Application-defined or Object-defined error. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this is happening? Many thanks Grant ...

BP Installation Error
Someone post this question before:- MbfPackager data importation process has failed. please c:\DOCUME~1\ADMIN~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\MbfPackager.Import.NoMerge.Common.xml for more information. Problem: When installing Microsoft Business Portal 2.5. Can anyone help me on this error? I'm installing Business Portal 2.5 Feature Pack on Windows 2003 Standard Edition. And, the BP is reading the Great Plains 8.0 database at another server. Cheers, Emily ...

mvps.org Restricted Site problem
WinXP/SP3/IE8 For some reason when I go to some pages of the MVPS.ORG stie (HostFile page specifically, but also others) the task bar displays "Restricted Site" and IE8 will not let me download the host file. The Restricted Site list (tools/internet options/security tab) has no entry for mvps.org that I can find but the Trusted Site list has the mvps host file page specifically listed. Can any one give me a means to correct this problem. P.S. I've made no entries into either site, AdAware and SpyBot must have made all entries. Thanks. ...

How to find number and description of Installed JREs?
Hi All! Can anyone help me out to find number and description of installed JREs in the windows system. I do know that i can be done by using registry value but how i don't know? Thanks in anticipation. Regards, Zia ...

Help!!! Migration Problem!
Morning Guys, We're migrating from one Windows 2003 domain to another (acquisition). DomainA.lab - Forest Trust 2000, Domain Trust 2003 DomainB.lab - Forest Trust 2003, Domain Trust 2003 Migration from DomainA.lab to DomainB.lab - Trust relationship external, 2-way, Domain Wide Authentication Side Filtering disabled on both domain and I can also see the SID History attribute which is correct Problem: Users in domainA cant can't access SOME shares on domainB computers. The SIDHistory attribute in DomainB matches the SID of the group in DomainA, but still no luck. Any su...

Error after installing Great Plains 8.0
I have just installed Great Plains 8.0 on a new Windows 2003 server, with SQL 2000. I installed the test company and created two new companies. I have not yet imported or added any data to the system. When I go to Check Links/Financial and select the Transaction Work Logical Table I get the following error. A get/change operation on table 'GL_TRX_HDR_WORK' failed accessing SQL data. If I click on more info button it says number of results columns doesn't match table definition. Does anyone have any suggestions? I want to make sure that the system is stable and working...

hyperlink Problem #5
I am unable to launch a PDF document in word/excel XP/2003 using the Hyperlink facility. Every other type of document launches OK, but not PDF, even from the same folder. Any ideas? Acrobat reader flashes onscreen for fraction of a second, and disappears. Everything else works fine. Opens and stays open for me (Excel 2003). Doesn't seem to be an Excel issue else it wouldn't open at all. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Brian Mateer" <Brian Mateer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C9F7218-86EF-44AF-92A5-2C91C9733C85@microsoft.com... |I am unable to launch ...

CRM 3.0 installation: Reporting Services Error
Hi guys, I'm actually trying to install MS CRM 3.0 Prof. Edition. My configuration is: - Windows 2003 Server 32 bit set as domain controller (and up to date) - MS SQL 2005 standard Edition with Reporting Services 2005 (and up to date) - Exchange 2003 server (up to date) I want to install MS CRM on my server and get this error (this is not the exact version of the error message as I get it in french - i'm installing a french version): Failed publishing CRM reports Unknown error (0x80005000) Reporting Services seem to be well configures and there is no bad events in the event m...

Cannot open newly installed Outlook
Hello. I used to have on my laptop Outlook 2003. But my brand new mobile phone only synchronises with Outlook 2000-2002. So I uninstalled 2003 and installed 2002(xp) But when I open Outlook now, it says, "Unable not open your default e-mail folders, Unable to open item. try again". It then says do you want to open system folders instead. So it opens with 'My Computer'. But I can't click on Calender or contacts etc. Doesn't 2002 use .pst files? they are still there. Or does 2002 have them in a different folder to 2003? What if I wanted to start from scratch? it do...

ComboBox problem
On my Userform, there is one ComboBox with 5 TextBoxes. Depending what is selected on the dropdown list of the ComboBox will depend what is displayed in the TextBoxes. The problem I have is that when choosing an item from the list in order to update the data in the TextBoxes I have to select one TextBox. Is there a way so that the moment an item is selected it changes all the textboxes? hoyos;581328 Wrote: > On my Userform, there is one ComboBox with 5 TextBoxes. Depending what > is > selected on the dropdown list of the ComboBox will depend what is > displayed...

Advanced budget problem
I am trying to use the advanced budget. I enter all of my expenses and Money automatically enters some my apay bills. Everything on the expenses form looks fine. However, when I go to the budget summary page, it doubles the budget amount for two of the apay bills. I cannot figure out how to change this amount or why it is doing this. When I click on edit transactions, one of the problem categories shows the bill twice, while the other shows it only once (but the total is twice the amount). FWIW - the essential budget appears to work fine, but doesn't allow me to use the sub-ca...

multithreading problem
Hi, I have a Dialog based application, and in my CPingPongDld class a I've got a pointer: CSimpleEngine *SimpleEngine; and static method: static UINT ThreadFunc (LPVOID pParam); I create CSimpleEngine object in OnInitDialog() SimpleEngine = new CSimpleEngine(rect,this); and after it I call: AfxBeginThread(ThreadFunc, this); I would like to call one of CSimpleEngine methods in ThreadFunc so the function looks like this: UINT CPingPongDlg::ThreadFunc(LPVOID pParam) { CPingPongDlg *This = (CPingPongDlg*)pParam; This->SimpleEngine->EnterMessageLoop(); ret...

Microsoft Installer
Recently I installed an HP OfficeJet j4550 and later wanted to replace it with a PSC AIO 2400xi, so I uninstalled the J4550. I first used the install disk uninstall. The 2400xi would not install and failed. So I used HP's All In One Removal utility. Ran it four times and tried to install it again. Long story short I did this many times and now when I click on Windows Exploerer, Control Panel, My Computer, My Networks, and My Documents, I receive a Windows Installer for SmartWebPrintingOC asking for disk 1. If I hit cancel two or three time the application will run. I did ...