Inserting a value in a table when a connector is added between two shapes

Hi everybody..

    I have a Visio drawing containing six different shapes in my stencil.
When adding a connector between two shapes, is there a way other than by VBA
to make Visio insert the shape IDs of the two connected shapes in a
relationship table between the two shapes..

An example.. if I have the two tables Course and Objective, and I want to
add an objective to a course, I would create a table between the two tables,
say RelationCourseObj where the primary key would be the two primary keys
from the two tables...

Now is there a way with the database wizard to make Visio automatically add
the value in the middle table when connecting the two shapes?

Hope I'm clear enough..

Thanks!

0
seeb (1)
2/5/2004 1:20:57 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Have you tried the Database modeling solution?
It allows you to model your database schema by adding and removing Tables
etc.

"Seeb" <seeb@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
> Hi everybody..
>
>     I have a Visio drawing containing six different shapes in my stencil.
> When adding a connector between two shapes, is there a way other than by
VBA
> to make Visio insert the shape IDs of the two connected shapes in a
> relationship table between the two shapes..
>
> An example.. if I have the two tables Course and Objective, and I want to
> add an objective to a course, I would create a table between the two
tables,
> say RelationCourseObj where the primary key would be the two primary keys
> from the two tables...
>
> Now is there a way with the database wizard to make Visio automatically
add
> the value in the middle table when connecting the two shapes?
>
> Hope I'm clear enough..
>
> Thanks!

0
asdf2235 (47)

Excel Pivot Table Creator Issue
Hi all, I'm unable to Export to Excel my pivot table created in the Excel Pvot Table Creator. I select my dimensions, measures, rows, and data then hit the Excel button. I keep getting the following error: Unhandled object exception: Initialization of the data source failed.Check the database server or contact your database administrator. Make sure the external database is available, and then try the operation again. If you see this message again, create a new data source to connect to the database. Any ideas? Are SQL Analysis Services running? Were all the server setup steps com...

Getting Data Shapes to Work with Custom Stencils
I imported a picture and saved it as a shape. Then I linked data from a SQL database. I can get the data to show up in the Shape Date, but I can't get a Data Graphic to appear. Note that I can get Data Graphics to work with out of the box shapes in the same drawing - just not the custom picture. Tried in both Visio 2007 and 2010 Beta. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance. ...

Calculated field in pivot table #4
I'm running Excel 2002. I'm unable to create a calculated field in a pivot table. I right-clicked on a cell in the table but I don't get the "Insert Calculated Field" window on my drop-down list. Do I need an Add-On? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any help. On the PivotTable toolbar, choose PivotTable>Formulas>Calculated Field Dan wrote: > I'm running Excel 2002. I'm unable to create a calculated field in a pivot > table. I right-clicked on a cell in the table but I don't get the "Insert > Calculated Field" window on my ...

How can I initialize the value?
template < class elemType > class MyArray { public: explicit MyArray( int size = DefaultArraySize ); MyArray( elemType *array, int array_size ); MyArray( const MyArray &rhs ); virtual ~MyArray() { delete [] ia; } bool operator==( const MyArray& ) const; bool operator!=( const MyArray& ) const; MyArray& operator=( const MyArray& ); int size() const { return _size; } virtual elemType& operator[](int index) { return ia[index]; } virtual void sort(); virtual elemType min() cons...

Complex (for me) checking values in fields to perform calcs in others
Hi all.. I am creating a Cash Flow Projection report in access that inspects the "completed dates" of sheduled draws to calculate a remaining balance, but I am having problems with it. The idea is: --------------------- Iff [Draw1CompletedDate] = Null then Me!txtBalance = [MortgageAmount] Else If [Draw1CompletedDate] <> Null AND [Draw2CompletedDate] = Null then Me!txtBalance = [MortgageAmount] - [Draw1Amount] Else If [Draw1CompletedDate] <> Null AND [Draw2CompletedDate] <> Null AND [Draw3CompletedDate] = Null then Me!txtBalance = [MortgageAmount] - [Draw1Amoun...

The Insert Hyperlink button is grayed
For just one user in our office - seems she's got the same settings as I do, but she can't use the Insert Hyperlink option. She's using Word as her email editor, and using HTML format. We've checked the AutoCorrect options in Word and all are the same as mine. Any ideas? ...

insert a JPEG into EXCEL 2002
Hello - I was asked to "pretty up" an Excel invoice for work and need to place a JPEG into the file. I know I can't insert a picture into the header/footer with Excel 2002, but can't I just insert it into the body of the file? In Excel Help it simply says to click on Insert Picture, but for some reason the Insert Picture option is ALWAYS greyed out. Any suggestions? I would REALLY appreciate it! Cheers! Hi mckee You can insert a picture into the header / footer with XL 2002. Go to File>PageSetup. Select the "Headers / Footers" tab and select "Custom ...

How to convert a Chinese registry value from within a US code page?
First of all, our Win32 MFC VC++ app is not written in Unicode as it should have been. Given that - it reads uninstall information from the windows Uninstall registry tree and writes it to a report. It writes out the displayname of the application. Normally this is not a problem, but when it encounters a Chinese application name, it displays the name as question marks. I assume this is because the string is in Unicode in the registry, but our app is not Unicode so it can't represent the characters. Unfortunately for the moment, converting this very large app to Unicode is not an o...

Deleted Accounts in AD
Hello! I am trying to reduce store database sizes by emptying mailboxes of accounts deleted in Active Directory. I tried creating a profile in Outlook but cannot resolve the account name. Is there a way to do this without recreating the account and reconnecting to the mailbox? I would reduce the store sizes by approx. 2 GB. Thank you. -- JoeCL LACO-CAO if you have no need for the data in the mailboxes, just purge them... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "JoeCL" <JoeCL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BA4EE14-82E1-42E7-96F3-F79BA50B5793@microsoft.com... >...

Row Grand Totals in Pivot Tables?
I'm working in Excel 2007 and I can't seem to see my row grand totals in my pivot table. I can see the grand totals on the columns, but no rows. Any ideas? Hi adodson See if the article at http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/pivottbls/gtotal_col2007.php does what you want. Regards, Pedro J. > I'm working in Excel 2007 and I can't seem to see my row grand totals in my > pivot table. I can see the grand totals on the columns, but no rows. Any > ideas? Yeah, that is what I would expect it to do too. However, I set that option and don't receive the total. ...

Discount using two different items?
Hello, I have two different items one sellf for $11.99 and the other for $3.99 is there any way to set it up so that if a customer buys the item for $11.99 that they can get the $3.99 item for $2.99 -- Thank You,; Vince Did you try to setup Mix and Match discount? Jamil. "Vince" wrote: > Hello, I have two different items one sellf for $11.99 and the other for > $3.99 is there any way to set it up so that if a customer buys the item for > $11.99 that they can get the $3.99 item for $2.99 > -- > Thank You,; > Vince ...

Default Value problem 02-22-08
Feel a bit silly. I want to insert a =Now() Date field on every new record created via a certain form. I don't want people seeing this info. So, I added AphaDate Date field to the table the query for this form is based on. I insert the field on the form and mark it hidden. In the properties for this field on the form, I say the default value =Now() I assume then that any new record created will "stamp" with this date. But it doesn't work When I create the table, add the field to the query and try to set this up, the field shows up as blank no matter what I do. Wha...

Problem when adding an appointment in CRM from the SFO ver. 1.2
When the users make an appointment in the SFO, its fails. The SFO makes the activity on the contact, but the Outlook synchronisation fails. The appointment does not appear in the Outlook calendar. Then we reinstall the appointment form in Outlook, clear the forms cache, and the problem is resolved. Then after some time (weeks) the problem comes back. Any ideas? Best regards Jacob Mondrup IT Manager, Cultivator Denmark. have you loaded the latest rollup patch for the outlook client? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=127a274d-bc20-4e2f-be0d-1247455748...

Doing a VLOOKUP (probably using the INDEX and MATCH function), with both vertical and horizontal values in play.
I am trying to create a function that will pull in data from a 2nd spreadsheet. Typically, I use the index and match function to do so. However, in this case, I am trying to do a lookup based on a value above (i.e., horizontal) and a value to the right (i.e., vertical) of the cell in which the formula will be placed. Additionally, the sheet from which I am pulling is similarly laid out. To Provide an example. Lookup Table Months (horizontal) Jan Feb Mar Apr Etc Names(vertical) Jeff Eric 5 Steve ...

Concerning the shapes:
"When I change the sizes in the Organization Chart -> Options menu it applies them to all the shapes. But I want the executives, managers and "normal" employees to have a different size :( Is there any possibilty to do so? Thanks a lot" This question was brought up a while ago.... I too am having this problem, is there a work around for this other then having to make each shape individually??? What a freaking pain in the butt,, I have over 400 hundred positions that I am doing... R~ ...

Drop spaces from imported table
I am importing a table from another DB that has job numbers and descriptions. My database goes off of these job numbers for referencing. Problem is the data is imported as centered in the field. so I end up with [ 1213 ] in my job number field. I do have a query that runs through this table and selects the data I need, I believe that this query would be the place to fix the "center" align. Though I am having troubles finding how to do this I need to end up with job numbers that have no spaces ie. [1213] (brackets are showing beginning and end of the field). Thanks, ...

Automatique Shape
Bonsour´┐Ż, ;o))) useless experiments!!! I challenge the do-it-yourselfers and nutcases about VBA... (API, BdR,Xla modification ???) Is it possible to modify the properties of the automatic shapes ????? example: ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddShape(msoShapeMoon, 28.5, 252 #, 81.75, 115.5).Select Selection.ShapeRange.Adjustments.Item(1) = 0.875 in this example "Crescent of the moon" I wish that the "adjustements.item(1)" be able to accept a value higher than 0.875 i-e has to be variable on range [ 0% to 100% ] crescent initiate to full half-circle thank you @ + FU2 microsoft.p...

Finding Cells that Total a Value
Hello Friends, I need some assistance in solving a problem. I have a spreadsheet with over five hundred lines of transactions. The sum of these transactions are creating a balance on the account. Is there any formula/macro that will help me find the transactions creating the balance? The sum of the account should be zero. To clarify, if we owe client money, there would be a transaction setting up that postive balance then a payment on the account taking it back to zero. There could be multiple transactions and then one net payment. Or we could be due to receive. So at the end of the day, th...

Adding up numbers from columns.
How can I sum up multiple columns while not letting each cell "associated values" sum to a number greater than one specified. For example, if I have sets of colums: 14 3 12 2 11 2 11 1 10 1 and 20 5 19 4 18 3 17 2 and 25 6 22 4 20 3 18 2 I want to know what 3 combination of numbers in the left 3 colums giv me the highest value...WITHOUT letting the correspoding numbers in th right hand column be greater than, say 10. Thanks, Larr -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Adding Array Fields on forms
How to use Modifier to add an array fields of 3 elements on a form? thks in advance. Hi HFLO, Open modifier and select gp or 3rd party and then select exisiting modified form or select new form and then open window layout. From the Toolbox slect local fields in drop-down and press the new button and then enter field name and enter the array size for e.g. 3 and then select the datatype string or text and press OK button. Toolbox will show the newly created the array field, select that arrayfield and drag and dropped onto the layout 3 times. Hence ur array field would be there on ur for...

Optimizer choice doesn't make sense, goes from index seek to table scan when adding a SARG
Running on SQL Server 2008 SP1. The following select (correctly) uses a non-clustered index on ACCT_TYP_CD returning just over 15000 rows in 41ms. It does a single scan and needs 37 logical reads to complete the query. select acct_cd from CS_FUND where ACCT_TYP_CD = 'G'; Change the query to be this: select acct_cd from CS_FUND where ACCT_TYP_CD = 'G' and GRP_TYPE_CD = 'BKR_RULES'; and the optimizer now chooses to do a clustered index scan, taking significantly longer, 971 ms, 8 scans and over 59,000 logical reads. It returns no rows. T...

How to insert excel doc into publisher doc
HELP! I have tried everything I know to enter an Excel doc into a Publisher file and it just doesn't work. PLEASE HELP! There muct be a way... Thanks! Kristal How about opening the Excel document and copy and paste the data into your Pub doc? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "KristalWick" <KristalWick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04A735EB-6047-45DB-BE1C-06F6D8964C14@microsoft.com... > HELP! > I have tried everything I know to enter an Excel doc into a Publisher file > and it just doesn't work. PLEASE HELP! There muct be a...

Sum a table of columns & rows
I have a spreadsheet of 154 Rows (all unique project numbers in numerical order) and 9 columns of account numbers (some are similiar and some are user entered, therefore there could be 'blanks' with no data in them). I am trying to create a table that will only give me the project number if there are dollars in one or more of the columns. This would be used for data entry (and that is why I would like to have the columns summed up - to remove duplicates). Any ideas? I have given a brief example below: F, G, &am...

how do I insert bullets in the same line(row)?
I understand how to insert bullets line by line but how do you do it so that the bullets appear on the same line. like this: * a *b *c *d *e *f Any help would be greatly appreciated. Use the Symbol dialog box (Insert | Symbol in Word 2003 or Insert tab | Symbol | More Symbols in Word 2007). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "jvrsshurricane" <jvrsshurricane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1CA8A0A-A074-47CE-9BF7-8650707586E3@microsoft.com... >I understand how to insert bullets line by line but how do you do it so &...

Adding News to Outlook #2
I want to add News to Outlook. The help says to click go, but under go there is no NEWS listed. I also don't have Outlook Express, just news. Thanks in advance. Beach Runner <Bob4Health@hotmail.com> wrote: > I want to add News to Outlook. Outlook doesn't do news on its own. By default, it uses Outlook Express as its newsreader, but there are commercial add-ins you can buy that will add NNTP client capability to Outlook. > The help says to click go, but under > go there is no NEWS listed. http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/news.htm > I also don't have Ou...