Incompatibilities across Viso documents in diffent Languages

Hello all,

    Has anyone work with documents created in different Language versions
from Visio? any problems , known solutions.    Mostly I'm able to open a UML
document from one Version(spanish) to another (english) yet code generation
don't work, it generates empty classes files.

What I'm doing now is creating a new english based document and copying by
hand, all classes, the only stuff that doesn't quite work is copying UML
comments, it copies the comment (for I've seen under Tag Values, the text is
there) but  the text is not shown.  any ideas?

Thanks,

Lennin

BTW I'm using Visio for Enterprise Architects (10.0.2705) english, I no
longer have access to the spanish version.

0
no (445)
6/30/2004 2:24:58 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Scrambled documents
I have the opposite problem from many posts here. I'm using Publisher 2002 (Office XP) with Windows XP to publish a 40 page A5 newsletter. Instead of getting blank boxes for graphics, it seems like all of the text boxes, graphics, and anything else gets dumped onto the opening screen in some haphazard manner. Then the font selection box opens up. If I go ahead to open the document it is completely uneditable and unreadable because it looks like all the elements of the document are piled up on the screen like a pile of dirty laundry. The problem is intermittent...sometimes the d...

Cannot delet a MS Word document from my computer
Hello MS Word Users, I have a desktop computer with a Word document on it put there from another computer which was a laptop. The desktop runs Windows XP and Word XP. The laptop runs Vista and Word 2007. When I try to delete the Word document from the desktop computer I receive an error message saying the file cannot be deleted because I do not have access and that the file may be in use. How do I delete the file from the desktop computer? Sincerely, Cats Whiskers Have you tried rebooting the computer? That sometimes releases old locks on the file. If that does...

i changed a document then saved the chnages, is there anything i .
please help!!!!!!!!!! it was a massive document!!!!! Do you have a backup? Maybe your IT folks back up your files nightly/weekly??? RaHeEL HuSsAIn wrote: > > please help!!!!!!!!!! > it was a massive document!!!!! -- Dave Peterson ...

Increase the level of documentation for VAT Daybook
VAT Daybook should include in its documentation a list of steps on how to deal with setting up VAT Daybook, where the customer is using a Language/ Country install other than UK. Also increase the level of providing an updated list of VAT Daybook report for other country/region that is not within the GP standard install. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the s...

Copying calendar entries across .PST files
Windows XP Outlook 2003 Hi, I've got an old .PST file containing calendar entries. Let's call it foo.pst. I've created a new .PST file. Let's call it outlook.pst. That is the default .PST file. I've opened Outlook, then opened foo.pst as a second Outlook data file. I've clicked "Folder List" to list all the folders in both Outlook data files. I've RMBed each folder in the old PST file, select Copy, then select the new PST file. While it's a PITA that Outlook keeps creating a new folder (eg. Inbox1, Tasks1, Contacts1, etc) in the destination P...

Money 2004
I reinstalled Money 2004 on my pocket pc. Now its on there, but it wont let me sync it with my Money 2004 desktop version. Is there something special I have to do? in my active sync, it wont let me put a check next to Money 2004. There isnt even a box next to it, but it's lilsted. There is a workaround for that that has been posted here not very long ago. I'm sorry to say taht I don't remember exactly where as I don't have PPC 2003. But if you just check previous posts or do a search for PPC 2003, or something liek it, you should find it. -- Bruce "BoDEAN" <...

sending ppp txt to word document
I have a multislide presentation. I'm trying to send the text to Microsoft Word. The operation works fine, except for the fact that some of the text will not transfer. It is as if text on certian slides is protected or soemthing. If I'm in the individual slide, I can selcet the text without a problem. I would simply do this were it not for the fact that I need to transfer text from more than 40 seperate presenations, each with 30-60 slides. Help! You can set slides to be hidden in PowerPoint - you have an option to hide slides in the slide sorter view. Check to see if t...

can't move my documents folder
Hi, in a windows 2k3 AD, with XP SP2 clients users have My documents folder in the path "\\server\documentos\%username%\Mis Documentos". Their profile is mobile and My documents folder is offline available. Now server is out of space and I have installed a new server, but I don't know how could move every user My documents folder to the new path. I have tried some ideas I have seen in the web, but no one worked. Do you know if a regeneration of their profile is needed? Does any of you know any solution (not as dramatic as this one)? Thank you very much. David ...

Print the word 'draft' across worksheet
Is it posible to print the word 'draft' across excel worksheet. Ken wrote > Is it posible to print the word 'draft' across excel > worksheet. > There has been a convoluted (IMO) method using WordArt in a Header I've seen mentioned here lately. I never could figure out how to get it to work. Then looked at my printer's Properties dialog, and it was included there. You may want to look here first to see if it's available: File|Page Setup|Page tab|Options button|Watermark tab Note it won't show until page is actually printed. -- David As ...

Money crashes
Hello, I changed the language stated in Microsoft's page, but it still crashes when it starts. Can someone help me? Thanks, Judy ...

Counting entries across multiple worksheets
I'm no Excel whizz as you may be able to tell from this note. But if anyone can help I'd appreciate it. I have 2 columns of data repeated across 5 worksheets (different departments etc, the same columns but different data). What I'm trying to do is create a summary worksheet showing the count of entries across all worksheets where Column1=x and Column2=y. I've tried COUNTIF but it didn;t seem to work. Any suggestions on how to do this ? Is Pivottable the right choice ? Or should I use Access ? Regards Dave Hi one way: 1. Download the free addin Morefunc.xll (http://longre.f...

Merging Visio Documents
I have several visio documents that I would like to merge into a single document. Is there a way to do this besides cut and paste? There is no built-in functionality to merge several Visio documents into one single doc. Cut and Paste is one way. Using XML might be another way. -- -ronnie [MS] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Debra Holloway" <debraholloway@uclalumni.net> wrote in message news:e3I2vV9cDHA.4020@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have several visio documents that I would like to merge into a single > docu...

How do I share a document in 2007
In 2003 I am able to share a document with another person. We can both be working in it and saving it also. Is there a way to do this is 2007? Thanks in advance for any help. -- DMM On Ribbon..........Review>Share Workbook. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 11:34:02 -0800, soconfused <soconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In 2003 I am able to share a document with another person. We can both be >working in it and saving it also. Is there a way to do this is 2007? > >Thanks in advance for any help. hi office button>p...

Table of Content Across Multiple Documents Word 2007
I have created a Table of Contents across multiple documents using RD fields, and it works great. However, I need to be able to click in the Table of Contents and have Word open the referenced document. Is this feature available for Table of Contents from multiple documents because it does not appear to be working? If the headings are within the document containing the Table of Contents, you can Ctrl + click to follow the link. Am I doing something wrong, or does the feature not work? If Ctrl + click will not work, is there something that will? Thanks. No, when you use...

Publisher 2000 freeze when opening/saving document
Hi ! I'm using Publisher 2000 under WinXP and whenver I want to open or save file, it freezes. Actually, it opens the common open dialog and starts using 100% CPU, never ending and never displaying any files. When saving, I the first minute or so, I can type the file name, but then the file is not saved as the dialog never closes. I also tried to put a fully qualified name, it doesn't change anything. Anyone has any idea on this issue ? Thanks a lot for your help OBones Have you installed the service releases for Publisher 2000? -- ...

Publisher won't print last page of my document
I publish a newsletter for my workplace. While printing the last 4 or 5 newsletters I find that I cannot print page 4 of my document (the last page.) I can print single pages, for example page 1 of 1, or page 2 of 2, but not page 4. In fact, if I include page 4 in the print (1 of 4), it won't print either. I have been emailing page 4 to another coworker who can print it just fine. On the same exact printer, mind you! Please help, very annoying. Thanks. What version Publisher are you using? What size is the stock? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jane...

IM Document error sending email include message error
We're trying to setup Integration manager to send an email when there is a document error. This works just fine, but we'd also like to include the error for the document as to why it didn't import. Is there a field name for the error when it's stored in the database? Any help greatly appreciated! Al, I have done this before. I like to include the error in the text of the message so I do as follows: Before Integration Script: 'start message body for email sBody = "Log for integration of Encore Sales Recep: " & Date() & " at " & Time() ...

merge document
I have a merge document from excel to word. All the data seems to be in excel but when I look at the data in word not all the data comes through for each field. It seems to be cutting off data. Any ideas? If you post your question in the Word MailMerge newsgroup, someone may be able to help. Mention which version of Word you're using, and details on the type of merge you're doing. You can access the newsgroups through the Microsoft web site: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/FlyoutOverview.mspx#2 womaniscool wrote: > I have a merge document from excel to ...

COleDateTime::Format and language
Hello everybody. I'm using COleDateTime::Format() with "%B %Y" (full month name and year) and it gives me the month name in English, I need this name in same language than Windows (Spanish in my case), how can I do this? or COleDateTime::Format() always gives the names in English? Thanks in advance, William GS Are you running on a Spanish build of Windows? If so, you should get the appropriate language. If you are running under English Windows I believe you will have to built the time yourself using your own strings from localized resources. You can check the locale to...

Digitally Signing XML document with muliple signatures.
I have this web application project done in .net 3.5. It has an object (Contract) that is going to be serialized into an XmlDocument object, signed by 2 parties and then inserted into the database. There is a SignatureBlock element that looks like this: <SignatureBlock> <ActualCompanyNameHere Name="John Doe" Title="Events manager" Date="04/16/2008 11:14:00 AM"> <Host Name = "Bill Babble" Title = "Head of management" Date="04/22/2008 10:00:42 AM"> </SignatureBlock> I was wondering when you use the XmlDigit...

Documenting/Comparing Office 2003 settings
My company recently merged with another company. I've been tasked with comparing the Office 2003 settings from each company so we can create a standard build going forward. One company used an MST file to apply settings during the install. The other company captured most information in an OPS file and passed that to the CIW. I've used the ORK viewers to generate dumps of both MST files as well as OPS files. Unfortunately, the MST file and OPS formats are completely different. Is there a way to compare the two? The best method I've found thus far is to take t...

Clear resent Documents
Hi, When you click on the Office button on the right hand side it give you a list of Resent Douments. Is there a way to clear the resent documnets? Steve, This newsgroup deals with Microsoft Access, a relational database application. You'll have better luck with Word questions in a newsgroup that deals with Word. I think you mean Files... "Recent" documents, not Resent. Go to Tools/Options/General, and uncheck the... Recently Used File List: -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP 2006-2009 http://home.comcast.net...

How to customize the appearance of a multiple document peoject ?
Hi, How to customize the appearance of a multiple document peoject ? I mean the color of borders , dockbar areas, toolbar background, etc . Thanks There is no magic trick for this. You will need to do each individually unless you go towards themes(whatever limitations it may have). --- Ajay "new" <mnasiri@sharif.edu> wrote in message news:%23HJM329aIHA.4208@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, > How to customize the appearance of a multiple document peoject ? I mean > the color of borders , dockbar areas, toolbar background, etc . > > Thanks > > Thank...

Opening saved documents where I left off
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When I open a previously saved Word document it always opens at the beginning of the document instead of where I left off. With lengthy documents it's a hassle to figure out where I was working last. I don't see anything in Preferences that allows me to change this. What I'm I missing? YOU are not missing anything. Microsoft managed to break the mechanism in the conversion to Word 2008. Shift + F5 should get you there, but in Word 2008 it's broken. Word stores the current and previo...

In Publisher, how do I set up a document, like a postcard, to pri.
I've created a postcard in Publisher 2000 that I want to print on Avery cardstock that would have 4 cards on one page. The program settings I've played with only allow 1 card in the middle (like you would take to a printer), and I can't find a way to print four on the page. Help? Have you checked your Page Set-up settings? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Elitewriter" <Elitewriter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46C3B63F-B196-4634-8A5C-C0D20273FE65@microsoft.com... > I've created a postcard in Publisher 2000 that I want t...