Hyperlinks into VISIO page

While it is possible to link from one visio document shape to another visio
file, specific page, I am unable to find or determine (based on testing) the
html syntax for connecting from a hyperlink in a different kind of document
(like a word or excel file) to a specific page. The default seems to be open
to whatever page was last saved. Does anyone know the proper tag for creating
this link? #bookmark works for all other microsoft products, but doesn't seem
to work for VISIO? Thank you.
(and yes, I have already read all the topics in all groups and find no
answer - this is the third hour in last year I have had a need to figure this
out, and gave up the other two times).
0
CIMpleBS (2)
8/11/2005 7:29:03 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

does #bookmark if you enter it in the sub-address?

--

Hope this helps,

Chris Roth
Visio MVP

"CIMpleBS" <CIMpleBS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> While it is possible to link from one visio document shape to another
> visio
> file, specific page, I am unable to find or determine (based on testing)
> the
> html syntax for connecting from a hyperlink in a different kind of
> document
> (like a word or excel file) to a specific page. The default seems to be
> open
> to whatever page was last saved. Does anyone know the proper tag for
> creating
> this link? #bookmark works for all other microsoft products, but doesn't
> seem
> to work for VISIO? Thank you.
> (and yes, I have already read all the topics in all groups and find no
> answer - this is the third hour in last year I have had a need to figure
> this
> out, and gave up the other two times).

0
visioguy8694 (102)
8/12/2005 9:36:31 AM
Using Visio 2002 SR-1 and IE 6.0 linking from inside another visio file
putting the page name in the subaddress works fine by using the Browse button
(I don't know what it is inserting in the actual xml or html link, which is
the key).  The subaddress browse feature does not come up in WORD when
accessing a visio file through hyperlink insertion, for some reason. The
problem is I can't find the actual tag syntax. If the visio is saved as html,
the HTML hyperlink reverts to defaulting to opening the linked file based on
last save, not the desired page. If I add the pagename to the html tag <A
href="filename.vsd#pagename>Linkname</A>, the link doesn't find the file at
all. This is the proper and effective format for linking to bookmarks in
other microsoft applications. If I remove the #pagename, again I get the file
but opens to the page as saved. I know it's possible or it wouldn't work from
visio to visio, but I can't get the proper tag command (unless it is an IE
problem?). Each visio file contains many layers (pages) of elaboration, and
it's not practical to break them into separate files for navigation purposes
due to version controls on these critical data flow diagrams, which are
providing requirements documentation for large software development projects.
Any additional insights would be greatly appreciated. I'm confused as there
are many referencecs related to visio hyperlinks on the web, but all of them
are related to links out of visio while none relate to links into visio
documents except from other visio documents! Unidirectional navigation is
useless. Thanks for the quick response.

"Chris Roth [ Visio MVP ]" wrote:

> does #bookmark if you enter it in the sub-address?
>
> --
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Chris Roth
> Visio MVP
>

> "CIMpleBS" <CIMpleBS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > While it is possible to link from one visio document shape to another
> > visio
> > file, specific page, I am unable to find or determine (based on testing)
> > the
> > html syntax for connecting from a hyperlink in a different kind of
> > document
> > (like a word or excel file) to a specific page. The default seems to be
> > open
> > to whatever page was last saved. Does anyone know the proper tag for
> > creating
> > this link? #bookmark works for all other microsoft products, but doesn't
> > seem
> > to work for VISIO? Thank you.
> > (and yes, I have already read all the topics in all groups and find no
> > answer - this is the third hour in last year I have had a need to figure
> > this
> > out, and gave up the other two times).

0
CIMpleBS (2)

Hyperlink on GP window
Is there a way to put a hyperlink on a GP window which will open a web-based application and send the data from a field on the GP window to the web app? I would like to be able to do an AP document inquiry in GP, open the document inquiry zoom window and on this window have a hyperlink which would also send the voucher field data. I'm 'obviously' not a programmer, but is there some relatively simple way to do this I am overlooking? Thanks, Neil Neil: Typically web applications work using two kinds of input parameters: - An input through the QueryString. It would be som...

hyperlink aan opdrachtknop toewijzen
ik wil een knop in excel toevoegen en als ik erop klik moet hij naar een bladwijzer of internetadres gaan. Dus gewoon een hyperlink er aan toevoegen. Hoe moet dit? Alvast bedankt. Groetjes Danny Hoi Danny Dit is een Engelse groep dus graag in het Engels de volgende keer Klik recht op je standaard menu en kies formulier Zet een knop op je blad Klik rechts op deze knop om een macro toe te wijzen Gebruik een macro zoals deze Sub LoadWebPage() ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:="http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm" End Sub -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl...

Visio 2010 SDK
I downloaded the VIsio 2010 SDK so I could update some published Stencils and Templates for Visio 2010.... I previously had them published under 2007, so I'm famaliar with the tools... I've got two problems with the new Solution Publishing tool... First: If I choose to publish the Stencil or Template using the "2003 or later" checkbox (under Stencil Information or Template Information dialog boxes, respectivly)... Neither the Stencils or Templates show up in Visio 2010. However, if I choose "Visio 2010 only" as the option, then the stencil or...

Visio 2003: How do you resize a shape that has been imported?
I am using the import method of a page object. I am successfully importing a .WMF file into my drawing. However, with Visio 2003, the image that imports into Visio 2003 is much bigger than the drawing page. When I am executing the same code with Visio Standard 5c instead, the imported image automatically resizes to the drawing page. I have tried to use the ResizeToFitContents method but this seems to make the drawing page fit the image. But, I need the image to scale down to the drawing page. Does anyone have any ideas? Here is a sample of my VB code. '******************************...

Hyperlinks to page numbers in cross references
When using Word 2003, I inseted a crossreference to the page number of a heading. I then inserted a page brea before the heading. I used F9 to update the page number which was fine, but then using Ctrl + click it took me to the old page rather than the new one. Am I doing something stupid? If you inserted a manual page break at the beginning of the heading, the hidden bookmark that Word uses for the cross-reference has expanded to include the break (and possibly also other contents, such as text). The quickest fix is to delete and then recreate the cross-reference. In the future...

Generate c# code from Visio diagram
hi, is there a way to create c# code skeleton if i have visio class diagram? i am using visual studio 2003 and visual studio 2005. regards, rnv Yes with VS2005 team system for developper that include Visio for enterprise architect. For each class in your drawing you will have a C# file. "Raju Vaidya" <raju.vaidya@fokus.fraunhofer.de> a �crit dans le message de news: %2387j0PdlGHA.3740@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > hi, > is there a way to create c# code skeleton if i have visio class diagram? > i am using visual studio 2003 and visual studio 2005. > regards, > r...

Table of Contents with Page Numbers
G'day all I have been using Don Guillett's excellent code (copied below) to create a automatic Table of Contents. Is there any way to automatically include page numbers to the right of the list of sheet names (obviously in its own cells)? Also I have information which is to be manually entered against the list on the left of the list of sheet names, so any code would have to take into account this as well. Also I took out the sort function as I don't need it. FYI - Don's code starts on A1 of the sheet. I wanted it to start on a different cell so I made the...

Subreports not Viewing on one Page
How can I get my subreports on report to print on one page? I have a main report and subreport within the subreport there are 5 reports. When I Printview my main report my subreports show up in the middle of the page at the end of the page on the next page - how can I fix this? I have tried and look at everything available and can't find a fix. Can someone please help me with this? Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. it can be difficult to cram alot of info into one report page....particularly lots of subreports... make sure you have the 'CanShrink' pr...

booklet printing
I have been sent a publisher document which I need to print as a booklet, but when I try to do this the middle pages come out upside down. anyone else had this problem?? Jill wrote: > I have been sent a publisher document which I need to print as a booklet, but > when I try to do this the middle pages come out upside down. anyone else had > this problem?? If your printer is automatically printing double sided, you need to change the options for the duplexer in your printer driver to from "booklet" to "tablet" (or vice-versa) or "long-edge" to &qu...

How do I change the default Web Page Accessing Web Mail
I need to give users an option page when they access http://webmail.mydomain.com/exchange Normally they are prompted for a logon and I need to change that to give them a choice between 2 servers prior to the logon. Can anyone tell me how to accomplish that. Thanks, Michael Michael McAteer <mmcateer@dudek.com> wrote: >I need to give users an option page when they access http://webmail.mydomain.com/exchange Normally they are prompted for a logon and I need to change that to give them a choice between 2 servers prior to the logon. Can anyone tell me how to accomplish that. build your...

Continuous page numbers thoughout a workbook?
Does anyone know if you can set up a workbook to print with continuous page numbers without going into each sheet and changing the beginning page number? Page, Edit | Page Setup | Headers and Footers.....create a header or footer. Click the custom header or footer. It is much like MS Word. HTH Regards, Kevin "pagenumbers" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1317F8A9-18EC-4F0E-AB8E-1EB777B0CA13@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if you can set up a workbook to print with continuous page numbers without going into each sheet and changing the be...

Problem with first page of tabbed form
The second and third pages of my form work fine. No matter what I put on the first page it takes up the entire screen when viewed, with no tabs visible. I'm carefully avoiding puting the controls on the main form -- I put them within the black box that appears when the tab is clicked. If I leave the first page blank the other pages work well. If I move the second page up to the top of the page order, I have the same problem -- the form tabs no longer show. How can the same page work correctly when it is in the number 2 position and not when it is in the number 1 position? What a...

Hardware and Software maps in Visio
Hi, I am using Visio 2002 and have created several pages of Basic Network and Software Maps in order to log all of the Hardware and Software in our organisation. I have put all of these pages in one Visio file and named them accordingly. I have set it up so that when someone double clicks on a specific computer icon this takes them to the appropriate software page within Visio. For instance, if PC1 is using Windows XP then when the user double-clicks on PC1 this will take them to the Software Page labelled 'Microsoft' which contains the object Windows XP, as well as other Microsoft S...

update the hyperlink in file after changing the file name
I have received a template file which has hyperlinks from the summary page to individual detail worksheets. When I am saving the file on my desktop the hyperlinks are lost as they look for the original file. Is there any way to auto update the links? I would really appreciate any help. On May 10, 12:56=A0pm, Bel71 <Be...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have received a template file which has hyperlinks from the summary pag= e to > individual detail worksheets. When I am saving the file on my desktop the > hyperlinks are lost as they look for the original file. ...

Pivot Table Page Setup
I have a 3 Pivot tables, each with 2 Row fields and several data fields. All 3 tables are together are 1 page wide. However they are several pages long. Each table does not break into subsets at the same point. Is there anyway to keep all the data from one field together so the new page will start with new data and the tables are not broken in the middle? I.E. -- I want to keep all the "Prod" data together and IF a new page is needed start after the sub-total. Data Prod Month Count RWt LSA Avg Diff 1 May-04 1 11.50 130.90 0.70 Jul-04 3 11.70 131.93 1.03 Aug-04 3 11.20 124...

Opening Visio and Directory Cache Updating Delay
I have Visio Pro 2002 on an XP Pro machine. After installing it and applying all available updates, I notice that most times when I open it, it takes a couple minutes to update directory cache. I have to wait for the progress bar to complete. Most of the time it starts at 13% for whatever reason; sometimes it starts at 30%. It was stalling at 13% and I got a "not responding" on the title bar and it was failing to open at all. I followed the steps in a KB similar linked below to repair from Add/Remove and it didn't help. I didn't try "Detect and Repair&quo...

Pivot page field
My pivot page field resides on B1. I'd like to put a validation list on cell C1 or D1 and use that cell instead of pivot page button. I just don't like the pivot combo list. Is it possible at all to sync ? Found it ! Sub Tester10() With ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1") Debug.Print .PageFields(1).CurrentPage .PageFields(1).CurrentPage = ActiveSheet.Range("c1").Value Debug.Print .PageFields(1).CurrentPage End With End Sub Thanks Tom. ...

Warning when clicking hyperlink
Hello, I have recently upgraded to Excel 2003 and I have noticed an annoyance I can not seem to disable. I have a spreadsheet containing a large list of IP addresses that contain a telnet:// hyperlink for each IP. I use this spreadsheet so that I can quickly look up a location, click the IP, and telnet to the location's main router. Since upgrading to Excel 2003, when I click on the hyperlink a warning dialog pops up stating 'Opening telnet://xx.xx.xx.xx/ Hyperlinks can be harmful to your computer and data. To protect your computer, click only those hyperlinks from trusted sources. ...

Where is the A3 page size in Word 2007?
A3 page size doesn't appear in my drop down menu. Where is it? as I want to insert an A3 document in my report. The selection of paper sizes is provided by the printer driver. Is your printer capable of printing A3? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD71E715-A115-484B-B2FA-A544F7CC950D@microsoft.com... > A3 page size doesn't appear in my drop down menu. Where is it? as I want > to > insert an A3 document in ...

Converting to PDF: Hyperlinks
I've noticed that when I convert my spreadsheet (whose cells contai hyperlinks) to PDF using Acrobat Pro 6.0, the PDF will not retain thos hyperlinks. However, links attached to images on the spreadsheet see to be there. Is there a way to get all my links working properly? Thanks in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Just tried this and if I try to print to Acrobat using either th Acrobat Distiller or PDFWriter the link doesn't work but if I use th 'Convert to Adobe PDF' button on the Excel toolbar it works. I'm using Acrobat 5 so I would imagi...

tying columns of data into a specified page size
This may be an easy question. I have 3 thin columns of data that are 1000 rows long. I have kept them like this so that i can use the alphabetical-order tool successfully. However i need to, now, put this data into an 11/17 page. so there will now be several greater columns of the 3-columned data side by side. I want to format the page so that i can still use the alphabetical tool in respects to the entire list (which is now spanning horizontally across the sheet in many 3-column groups). As well, i need to maintain that data in the 3 columns remains side-by-side. So, i need the formatt...

Visio 2002 One Day Timeline
Is it possible to create a 24hour timeline with Visio 2002, with hour by hour divisions? On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:44:02 -0700, Befuddled <Befuddled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to create a 24hour timeline with Visio 2002, with hour by hour >divisions? I think this was added in Visio 2003. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd http://www.electronic-chip-packages.sandrila.co.uk/ So it definitely can't be done in 2002? I'm using the version provided by my company, so I can't just upgrade. "Paul Herber" wrote: > On Mon, 24 Sep 200...

Blank page prints in between mail merged document
I have a word template and an access database file used to create mass mailings. When completing the mail merge, I edit the mail merge recipients and merge to new document. The first page has my letter with a Section Break (next page) at the bottom, the second page has my letter with a Section Break (next page) at the bottom etc. When I print the document a blank page comes out between my letters. In the template there is not a section break at the end of the page. How can I stop the blank pages in between each of my letters? Also, is it possible to then use the same e...

Watermark on full page
Hello. I am using Word 2003 and am trying to do something that I don't seem to be able to pull off. I am trying to create a one-page document and I want a text watermark on the page. I can figure out how to create the text watermark, but in 2003 it only gives you one line of text and it prints that line one time across the center of the page. I want to print that one line of text across the entire background of the page and make it fill the whole sheet of paper. How can I do that or is that not possible in this program? You would need to use a graphics program to creat...

Custom Fit to Page
Does anyone know how to fit multiple pages to page? What I mean by this is I have a worksheet that is 707 rows and I've set the page breaks to break the worksheet into 8 pages. The pages are set to letter size. However, some pages have empty space at the top and bottom, and other pages fill out the page completely. This is because each page has a different amount of rows in it obviously. I want to make it so each page is "fit to page" where there is no empty space at the top and bottom, regardless of how many rows each page has. Hopefully what I'm saying makes sense. ...