How to update previous org charts created from imported info

I use the Org Chart Wizard to generate my org charts based on an Excel
spreadsheet.  I spend lots of time entering the specific names and levels for
each page, where it should break, etc.

I was hoping there was a simple method to use for the next time I need to
update the org chart - without having to start all over with a new
spreadsheet.

I know in Access, you can easily generate new reports based on whatever
information is contained in the tables.

Is there a similar process for Visio.  I want to keep the same structure,
page names, etc. - just have it gather its information from a NEW source
document.

Thanks.
0
Dgerber (1)
9/21/2005 5:26:04 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

sql update problem
I'm using a variable of adodb.connection type to first insert a recoord, and then update the records aditional fields using the sql update, inserting a record is know problem, updating the additional fields is proving to be a problem. when ever I run the program with breakpoints, the sql update function updates the record know problem; but as i try to execute program without know breakpoint; it executes succesfully, but it does not updste the record. It's as if the program was to fast to stop & update the data -- RzaXL You will need to show some code. RBS ...

charts blanking
I use a spreadsheet file (excell 2002 sp2) in which I have about 30 charts displaying data taken from the same sheet different tab. This has worked fine for several years but all of a sudden, today all of the charts are blanked out i.e. A gray scale appears in place of the chart. When you place the cursor here and click the chart shows up - but only until you move the cursor and then it blanks again. I have several other spreadsheet files built the same way but all appear to be working OK, so I don't think it is Excel itself but must be some file setting or corruption. Any i...

Creating a self deleting executable using .NET
I am trying to create a GPS based warning system for speedcameras for the Windows Mobile 5.0 (or higher) platform. One of the features of the application is that it has an "erase" button that automatically closes down the application and deletes the executable. This is because this type of software is legally not allowed in all european countries (like switzerland) and I want to give the user the option to remove the software before entering such countries. It's essential that no trace of the software is left after the erase. I have been trying to find a technic...

Import Historical Stock Data from Yahoo-Finance
For a long time I thought this was not possible, but I just read a post recently that makes me think that this probably IS possible. Is there a way to import data from finance.yahoo.com, into a table, if you store all stock symbols in a table, and put beginning and ending date in a form (in a couple of TextBoxes)? I know how to do this in Excel, with all stock tickers in a row, like row 4 (or whatever), and all the dates going in descending order in Column A, and each security’s historical prices under the symbols (which are in row 4, for instance). The problem in Access i...

Create a check box for each row
I am trying to create an issues list in excel, and I want to add a check box in the field as the issue is resolved. Hi Nicholas, Install by rightclick on sheettab then view code then insert the following: Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal _ Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) If Target.row = 1 Then Exit Sub 'row 1 s/b column titles If Target.Column <> 2 Then Exit Sub If UCase(Target.Value) = "P" Then Target.Value = "" Else Target.Value = "P" End If End Sub Format the entire column with Symbol Font ...

Lines and columns in charts
I am trying to create a 'Line - Column on 2 axes' chart with the market share of 5 companies on one Y axis and the total market volume on the other (X axis is months). I want the market shares to be lines, and the market volume to be columns. I can set which axis each series relates to, but I can't change those series to lines if they are columns, and vice versa. Any ideas? You can select a series, then select a chart type from the Chart Type dropdown on the Chart toolbar. Or, create your own combination chart -- Jon Peltier has instructions on his web site: http://www.pel...

How to create domain rules
Using Outlook 2003 I get many messages from different senders but the same domain, (newsletter@technet.microsoft.com, *info*@msdn.microsoft.com ect...) How can I create a rule to move all e-mail from one domain to a single folder?? -- neo-Geek don't mind me, I'm just learning too. use just microsoft.com in the from field of the rule. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.ne...

Strange behaviour with legend in 2-Sided Chart
Hello everybody i still have my 2-sided chart, 2 Series: 1. Series--> Line Chart, Primary Y-Axis ("perf. indexed") 2. Series--> Bar Chart, Secondary Y-Axis ("perf. yearly %") The legend now shows: "perf. yearly % || perf. indexed" even when "perf. indexed" is my first series. Then i flipped everything, still "perf. yearly %" is still on first position. Even when i make a whole new Chart, it still puts the "%" on first place! The only thing i couldn't change, was the y-axis, because the "perf. indexed" has to be o...

CWnd::CreateControl error when create .NET control
I'm trying to use the CWnd::CreateControl method to create an .NET UserControl. Everything is ok until the control (window) is closed. It seems that it is some reference count problem because the code stops at an ASSERT in the CCmdTarget class. I provide an example. The client is built in VS 6.0 and the usercontrol is built in .NET 2005. http://www.codeguru.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=14627 Anyone else that have had the same problem. Please help me with this. ...

Intermittently receive create duplicate values error
I have an unbound form with a combo box of Items built using (SELECT Items. ItemID, Items.Desc FROM Items ORDER BY Items.ItemID) in the row source property I have a subform with a text box bound to Cost in the Items table. The data in the subform is synchronized by the properties link child fields ItemID in Items table and link master fields ItemID in combo box My intention is for the user to be able to change the Cost and the underlying Items table be updated. (I added Me.Requery to the the AfterUpdate event of the Cost text box to redisplay the new Cost.) Most of the time this works gr...

Citi Card not updating when starting Money 2006
I have a few credit cards and bank accounts set up for online updates. My Citi Card account is the only one where you can specify the frequency for updating. I have it set for "Every Day". When I first sign into Money 2006 in the morning it automatically performs an online update for all my cards and banks - except my Citi Card account. In order to update that account I have to do a manual update. I tried disabling online updates for the account and then enabling it again, however its still not updating automatically when I sign in. Anyone have a solution for this? ...

charting date and time data (every minute type)
hello i have a minute by minute data of certain measurements, which i wouldlike to go on my x-axis with the y-axis being the measurement value. this data goes on for a series of days, with certain breaks of few minutes in them (mostly due to instrument maintenance) when i do chart this data, excel ignores the gap in data and thus i get a erronous display. also the x-axis doesnt show the date or th time, just 0:00:00 help would be appreciated thanks A --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Use a XY Scatter chart and you will get the desired effect. If you still don't, ...

I created a custom template but the background will not print?
I created a custom template adding a background image. It loads just fine, but when I print the background is not there. Also when converting to PDF it is not there. What do I need to do? Excel doesn't print backgrounds, insert the image into a custom header instead. jaguilar wrote: > I created a custom template adding a background image. It loads just fine, > but when I print the background is not there. Also when converting to PDF it > is not there. What do I need to do? As Bob I points out, regular Format>Sheet>Backgrounds do not print out. You ha...

Change Chart Properties for Multiple Chart Shts using a Worksheet
I would like to be able to change the properties of my 50+ Chart Sheets by using a worksheet to pull the info from and then I would like the Charts Properties to update when new data is inputed into the worksheet. Eventually I would like to control all the Inputs this way, but for now I just need it for x-axis (min,max) and a Source Data Series (X) Range. I have a worksheet with 'col A' = ChartSht Name; 'col B' = X-Min; 'col C' = Y-Max; 'col D' = m & 'col E' = n for Series "Test" X-value ={m,n} A B C ...

How to create Conditional Formats that "grow" with copy/fill down.
I would like to set up 1 conditional format that will grow as I copy & paste. All I've been able to do is copy the same over & over. I have tried to "paste special - format", but it didn't work. Example: Cell value is: equal to, $F$8, then Font is White. I would like to grow the "$F$8" as I copy & paste. Thanks for ANY help. Try a formula like =A1=$F$8:F8 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "AliceNXLand" <AliceNXLand@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70AD36AA-FAF1-49E3-8BCF-...

Excel Spreadsheet to Visio Flow chart
Has anyone heard of or familiar with taking an existing spreadsheet and using it to create a flowchart in visio - I think it was created using the Org Chart wizard. The thing is, the creator of this chart is no longer with the company and now it is time to update the flow chart. The person responsible now is making the changes in Excel, however they are not showing (not updating automatically) in Visio . There does not appear to be any "update links" message in either application after save and re-open. With some picking through the software, I was not able to find any macros, b...

How do I add different cells to have one bar chart?
I have two different worksheets that I need to chart. I only want specific cells from each sheet to go into a bar chart. I can't seem to make just one continuous bar. Thanks in advance. -- DMM The easiest way is to pull all the data you want for one series into one continuous range on one worksheet. You can do this by linking from wherever your source data is. Then create your graph from this range. -- David Biddulph "soconfused" <soconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90F5D180-5CB6-43EC-BE01-4CC3D34CECAE@microsoft.com... >I have two di...

How to correctly scale X-Axis in Charts?
I posted this in Excel Charting, too, but I reckon it gets far fewer readers... I have the following data to plot: 01/31/95 0.29623 12/29/95 0.19822 12/31/96 0.13931 12/31/97 0.33036 12/31/98 0.082194 12/31/99 0.23669 12/29/00 -0.25575 12/31/01 0.023404 12/31/02 -0.11949 12/31/03 -0.018228 12/31/04 0.12326 with the dates being the actual dates I wish to plot on my x-axis in a regular Excel line chart. As you can see, they are irregular dates. Regardless of how I try (with ensuring the Minor Unit is on Days and the Major on months), I can't seem to get the right combination to have Exc...

Buy and Sell Symbols on Price History Charts
Money 2007 (as well as on all previous versions I've used) have a helpful circular "B" and "S" symbols on the Price History graphs representing the buy and sell milestones. However they only show on my mutual fund investments. Is there a way to put them on my stock buys and sells? Thanks, Tonakela "Tonakela" <Tonakela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:833876C9-1A3B-43AD-BF47-1C67984757E4@microsoft.com... > Money 2007 (as well as on all previous versions I've used) have a helpful > circular "B" and "S"...

"Chart sizes with window frame" automatically re-checked
Hi, I have chart sheets in Excel 2000. I have unchecked "Chart sizes with window frame" in the Options menu and set zoom on the chart sheets to 100%. My VB program opens the Excel file and updates the cells in the chart's data series. When run from my Windows 2000 PC, everything is fine. When run from our Windows 2003 server, everything is fine. When run as a scheduled task on the Windows 2003 server, the "Chart sizes with window frame" gets checked and the graphs are zoomed to 139%. The charts have been pasted into Powerpoint 2000 as links, and this messes up th...

Calendar update across VPN
Is it possible to update a calendar across a VPN connection. I tried using a personal file folder, but outlook does not show the sharedoc folder to import/export from and would need to be done manually. Also, this method would not allow deletions, only changes. This is needed for a service dept to schedule inspections for a tech at a seperate physical location. And, finally, how do you set up 2 seperate calendars. Richard wrote: > Is it possible to update a calendar across a VPN connection. I tried > using a personal file folder, but outlook does not show the sharedoc > folder ...

Money 2006 Fails to Update
When I start Money 2006, a message appears saying that "Additional Money program file are now being downloaded to your computer." It tells me I can continue to use Money, but when I choose the Reports module, it tells me that there is a Money Upgrade in Progress, and that I cannot access that module until the upgrade is complete. Unfortunately, the download never completes -- the status always stays at 1%. I get no errors of any type telling me what the problem might be. Any idea what is going wrong? Is there a way to manually get the updates? In microsoft.public.money, hurrican...

Importing from web page-format
Hello :). I am trying to import a table from a web-page where some of the values are written for example as 7 -35. I am making a querry for importing the table into excel. Then the 7 - 35 value in transformed into the number12966. I understand this have to do with the way excel is reading dates. But 7 - 35 in the table is not meant to be a date, but showing two different numbers (7 and 35). I therefore have tryed to go to format, numbers and set different formats to the cell to make it show exactly the number om the webpage (7 - 35). The closest i was to make it work is to set the format defi...

Updating treeview control in form
I have an Access 2007 form that has a treeview ActiveX control that lists the dates and names of scheduled events. I have a popup form to edit and or delete an event. On the popup form there is a command button for saving any edits and a command button to delete a selected event. In both cases I need code to refresh the event list displayed in the treeview control of the event form after closing the popup form. I keep playing with refresh and requery methods but can't seem to figure it out. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Ken ...

Import from TXT file with "No record delimiter"
I'm trying to import data from a text file into excel. Each record is 331 characters and there are no record delimiters. The file ends with a carriage return and line feed (ASCII13 and ASCII 10) I'm having no luck importing it and only get one record when I manually select the field lengths. Can anyone help? TIA KIWI How many records are in the file? Perhaps you can load it into Notepad first and adjust the font to Courier 6pt and adjust the margins so that you can just get 332 characters on a line, and then manually press Enter after 331 characters. If you have a lot of reco...