How to make a hollow line?

Is there some way to make a line shape hollow?

That is, make it have a border (like a rectangle shape) with a center
that I can change with the fill property?

I want to build various structures that connect at odd angles. Lines
are perfect because thay can be attached to anything at any angle, but
I don't want a solid black line and I don't want a lighter color
without a border.

I tried using a shape (rectangle or oval) but using the rotate tool to
get odd angles is not as convenient as connecting lines.

Thanks

--
Using Visio Standard 2002 on Win 2000
0

Draw your rectangle then right click and select Format>Behaviour... and
check the "Line (1 dimensional)" option under Interaction style.

Can't vouch for 2002, but is god for 2003.

Best regards

John

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 07:16:56 -0000, "John" <JohnSickOfSpam@AOL.net>
wrote:

>Draw your rectangle then right click and select Format>Behaviour... and
>check the "Line (1 dimensional)" option under Interaction style.
>
>Can't vouch for 2002, but is god for 2003.

Perfect. Thanks so much.

>Best regards
>
>John
>

>"LurfysMa" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> Is there some way to make a line shape hollow?
>>
>> That is, make it have a border (like a rectangle shape) with a center
>> that I can change with the fill property?
>>
>> I want to build various structures that connect at odd angles. Lines
>> are perfect because thay can be attached to anything at any angle, but
>> I don't want a solid black line and I don't want a lighter color
>> without a border.
>>
>> I tried using a shape (rectangle or oval) but using the rotate tool to
>> get odd angles is not as convenient as connecting lines.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> Using Visio Standard 2002 on Win 2000

--
Using Visio Standard 2002 on Win 2000
0
invalid (293)

double lines
I am trying to type and address in a cell and can't get it to drop down to make another line, please help Use Alt-Enter instead of just Enter......... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "WFDFirefighter" <WFDFirefighter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A657DEAE-5171-45AE-A57D-F8CE2DB5F122@microsoft.com... > I am trying to type and address in a cell and can't get it to drop down to > make another line, please help Hello- Chuck's reply is valid for creating a line break in a cell, so no challenge there. Just a suggestion, though - it sounds l...

RMA ( Credit) Missing Line Items

pivot from more than 65K lines: how?
What I am trying to do: have several excel files with data and want to consolidate in a single file What I did: tried to paste all the data in a single file and create a pivot from there... the problem is that I can not copy after reaching 65K lines.... Trying to create a pivot from *multiple* excel does not give me the possibility to put in the layout the fields I want (as if I was using a single sheet)... as it consolidates all the fields in the different tables... Any urgent help please?.. MANY TIA! luis Do you have Access? If so then import all your excel sheets into a singl...

I delete an email it remains in folder with line through it
How do I move deleted email from in box to deleted subfile without keeping a copy in the inbox with strikethru in it?? I have to email accounts on the computer one is pop3 the other is ms exchange? Not good with computers Are you sure its pop3 and exchange? it sounds like you set up an IMAP account - deleted items are marked with a strikethrough until you purge the folder from the edit menu. You can also use a view that hides items marked for deletion. We can be more specific if we knew the version of Outlook you use. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? htt...

Bottom border line won't print in Word 2004 for Mac
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel On the screen I can place a page border in Word 2004 for Mac document, but in Print Preview the bottom line of the border disappears. And, of course, when I print, the bottom line won't appear. It doesn't appear that any footer (which I don't want) is in the way of the margin that I have set. Any solution to this? See: http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/BottomsDontPrint.htm Also confirm that you have the latest printer driver from the mfr's web site as well as all current updates for Offi...

make a splash screen appear first
When I open my app I have it go full screen and remove all the furniture (including menus) but before it does it you see everything first. Is there any way yo just make it appear (preferably just the splash screen first) and then full screen behind the splash screen (or after whichever) as the first thing you see without the excel pre-amble (I want to demo it to a potential customer and don't want him to know it's excel, if he buys I will get it converted:) Thanks for your suggestions, Mark convert the file to what? -- tx12345 --------------------------------------------...

Q: How to make "whole" numbers?
Hello NG, i want to tell excel, to make out of a number e.g. 5,93 a "whole number" (as we call it in german), wich in this case would be 5. please don't mix it up with ROUND. round would have made a 6 out of it. what i want, is that all these numbers e.g. 5,01 5,45 5,9 would be turned into a 5 thanx in advance, Tom. -- _______________________ http://tom.lautenbacher.biz _______________________ On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 02:45:25 +0200, "Tom H. Lautenbacher" <Lautenbacher@gmx.net> wrote: >Hello NG, > >i want to tell excel, to make out of a number e.g. 5,...

XmlSerializer/XmlTextWriter all data on one line
I'm an XML newb. I'm serializing a class and when I inspect the xml file, all the data is on one line rather than being nested and indented Is that normal? <code> StreamWriter sw = new StreamWriter(m_optionsXmlFilePath, false); XmlSerializer xmlSerializer = new XmlSerializer(typeof(Options)); XmlTextWriter xmlTextWriter = new XmlTextWriter(sw); xmlSerializer.Serialize(xmlTextWriter, this); xmlTextWriter.Close(); </code> Hello! > I'm serializing a class and when I inspect the xml file, all the data is on > one line rather than being nested and indented > ...

Making labels from Merge Mail in Word (2007) from Excel list
When attempting to make labels by using Merge mail in Word (followed all instructions in Excell on formating the list of recipietnts and then following Word instructions to download the recipients from Excel onto the labels, I continue to get "Unrecognized format from Excel". Anyone have any ideas? -- Tracy From: "Tracy" <Tracy@discussions.microsoft.com> | When attempting to make labels by using Merge mail in Word (followed all | instructions in Excell on formating the list of recipietnts and then | following Word instructions to download the recipie...

My text seems stuck in the text box! I can't make changes!HELP!
I am trying to alter text just typed into a text box using Publisher 2003. For some reason, the system will not allow me to go back to edit. Any ideas? Thanks Is your application activated? Is it just this one text box in this publication? Are you working with a template? Select the text box, copy, paste, can you edit the pasted text box? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Learner" <Learner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68E3A7B3-BB72-4D73-9250-BF4F3FAE2C08@microsoft.com... >I a...

xy scatter line goes below zero
The line drawn in my xy scatter chart goes below zero of the y-axis, is there any way I can stop this? My first 3 points are all zero and then there is a very steep increase, the line that connects them assumes that there is a dip into negative values before the increase when this is not actually the case. Hi, Have you got the Smooth line option ticked? Cheers Andy jon7 wrote: > The line drawn in my xy scatter chart goes below zero of the y-axis, is there > any way I can stop this? My first 3 points are all zero and then there is a > very steep increase, the line that connect...

How to make Outlook my eMail choiceinstead of Thunderbird?
Set it as default in Control panel, Internet options, programs tab. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visiting http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com. "johnmcinerney" <...

Inventory Site/LocationCode Order Lines on MSCRM1.2 to GPS8.0
We are currently running MSCRM 1.2 and GPS 8.0, with the MS Integration between them. Our Sales force uses various Inventory locations when placing orders within our GPS system. Because of business reasons we can't consolidate into a single Inventory Location as the Integration documentation suggests. The documentation allow says that it only supports the use of one Inventory location, which you set in the "Settings and Administration" tool. It appears that you can modify the BizTalk Mapping for the SalesOrderDetail channel to route a value from a custom field in MSCRM...

double lines and rounded corners on a solid box
How can I create a solid box with double lines and rounded corners in Publisher 2000? Thanks Anna You will have to use an AutoShape -- ...

Extracting name out of line
I am copying a line off the web with 4 names in it, separated by spaces (From 1 to 6 spaces). I am trying to extract name 3 from the line. Tried split(Var, " ") however Name moves according to the space between the names. Var(2) can be the Name or according to spaces between names, Var(6) Can you help me? Thank you, Gordon On 27 Jan 2007 15:37:39 -0800, "Gordon" <gwelch1938@yahoo.com> wrote: >I am copying a line off the web with 4 names in it, separated by >spaces (From 1 to 6 spaces). I am trying to extract name 3 from the >line. Tried split(V...

Line of Credit Account #2
This is driving me nuts. What is the best way to set up a Line of Credit (LOC) account? It is actually a $500 LOC account for my checking account for when my checking account dips below $0. Both the checking account and LOC accounts import separately into Money from my bank. Should I set up the LOC as an account, a liability, or as "other". I tried them but keep getting confused because depending on whether the LOC automatically deposited money into my checking account or I transferred money from my checking account to pay off my LOC, it will say either "From" o...

how do i make a chart follow the active cell
I have a worksheet that has frozen panes. I need the chart that is on the worksheet to be visible wherever the cursor is. is this possible? Hi, That would require VBA code. This example places the chart to the right of the active cell. Add this to the sheet code module which contains the chart object. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) With Target.Parent.ChartObjects(1) .Top = Target.Cells(1).Top .Left = Target.Cells(1).Left + Target.Cells(1).Width End With End Sub Cheers Andy mepetey wrote: > I have a worksheet that has froze...

CEditView No line wrap
How do I keep CEditView in my SDI application from wrapping the lines of text entered? i.e., I want the horizontal scrollbar. "Joe Estock" <jestock@NOSPAMnutextonline.com> wrote in message news:vrs98r4qk4so3f@corp.supernews.com... > How do I keep CEditView in my SDI application from wrapping the lines of > text entered? i.e., I want the horizontal scrollbar. Give it the (ES_AUTOHSCROLL|WS_HSCROLL) styles. In a CEditView derived class you can insure this by ORing the CREATESTRUCT.style member in an override of PreCreateWindow. -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] ...

how do I make an excel template
I am trying to figure out a way to make a spreadsheet to track fees that are paid each week in our soccer team. I have no idea where to start or what to do. I need something than can accomodate dates, names and an amount paid and that will also give me a balance per person each week. Are there any templates like this that anyone knows of, or is there a tutorial somewhere that I can attempt to make my own? Thanks I could help you with this, but need to know what the weekly amount would be to give you anything "nice". Meanwhile, you could take my extreme tutorial: http://www.off...

How does one make VS compile unsafe code
Hi, This is not the first time I've used unsafe code in C# projects. Usually, I simply check the box in the project properties telling it to allow unsafe code. I've done that for this project, yet VS is telling that, "Unsafe code may only appear in compiling with / unsafe." So, here's the command line being used to compile: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Csc.exe /noconfig /unsafe- / nowarn:618,1701,1702 /nostdlib+ /platform:x86 /errorreport:prompt / warn:4 I'm betting that this is complaining because the switch that appears above is "...

Pass command line file name parameter
Hi, I have an application with classes Myapp, MyappDoc and MyappView. The input filename from command line's parameter is stored as public variable sFilename in Myapp.h which is included in MyappDoc.cpp and MyappView.cpp. There're compiling errors: MyappDoc.cpp : error C2065: 'sFilename' : undeclared identifier MyappView.cpp : error C2065: 'sFilename' : undeclared identifier Why? If the input filename from command line's parameter is stored as public variable in MyappDoc.h, how to access it from Myapp.cpp? Thanks, ybc The other problem is, when I set the...

Small problem with a line chart
Hi I have a smal problem with a line chart. The chart shows progress of my teams league points over a season, the data is derived from a series of rows which I fill in after a game. In the data, I am using COUNTBLANK to have a blank cell until the row contains data EG =IF(COUNTBLANK(P53:Y53)>0,"",((P53+U53)*3)+Q53+V53) The problem is that the data series assumes unfilled rows (IE the future unplayed games) are zero, so there is a line that connects from the top of my line down to the zero on my X axis. I would just like the line to stop at the last value. Can anyone suggest a w...

Make a calandar chart
I want to use excel to make a calendar chart. across the top i want the twelve months. Within each month i would like 4 or 5 columns to represent the weeks. the vertical axis will represent data to be plotted by pencil. the cells will remain blank in excel. In essence i am making a one page piece of graph paper. Can I put the vertical week columns within the month columns? how? Is there another alternative? Thanks, Helixal There may be something in here that will help you:- http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/templates/CT103589901033.aspx Please hit yes if my comme...

X axis needed for Line Chart
-- FL ...

2D line shape
Hi, If I draw a line and draw another line from the end of the first line, the whole becomes instantly a 2D shape and the two lines themselves cannot be extended individually. I am having trouble with that. I often type in a cable number in a line and that number normally shows right on top of the line. Now if I type a number with the two lines I described above, the number appears in the middle of the new born 2D shape. Is there a way to change lines separately from each other after they have become a 2D shape ? Or is there a way to avoid them becoming a 2D shape ? Thanks, Arnold The ...