How to import flow charts made in excel to visio as editable text #2

I have created flow charts using drawing objects (rectangles, circles etc)
in excel.
Now I want to import these diagrams in visio, such that I am able to edit
the text entered in the rectangles etc while preparing the charts in excel.
I have tried it by copying the individual rectangles / circles in excel and
pasting them in visio. But they appear in visio as uneditable objects
(similar to jpg image of text which cannot be edited as text).

 Kindly advise on how to import the excel diagrams as editable visio
diagrams.

0
SN (7)
11/21/2008 7:56:00 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

See reply in visio.general group

--
Best regards

John

John Goldsmith (Visio MVP)
www.visualSignals.typepad.co.uk
www.visualSignals.co.uk
"S N" <SN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have created flow charts using drawing objects (rectangles, circles etc)
> in excel.
> Now I want to import these diagrams in visio, such that I am able to edit
> the text entered in the rectangles etc while preparing the charts in
> excel.
> I have tried it by copying the individual rectangles / circles in excel
> and
> pasting them in visio. But they appear in visio as uneditable objects
> (similar to jpg image of text which cannot be edited as text).
>
> Kindly advise on how to import the excel diagrams as editable visio
> diagrams.

Text Values
Hello, Can anybody help, I'm after making a spreadsheet in Excel to record times for individuals, for example if I typed in 'early shift' with the value of 10 hours, after 'noon shift' 8 hours as well as 'late' shift at 12 hours...etc, the total values would all show in a totals cell for that person. I would appreciate any help with the above. Love, Susan ***** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training & Add-ins. Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum ***** Hi Susan one way: use a helper column which transforms this text string int...

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

RMS V2 and QSC Import
I have successfully imported several of my customers products using the QSC Import tool as a test but am unable to import the items with any association with sales tax? The default Sales Tax is TAX which is what I plan on using but once imported it creates a new item code TAX so now I have two? I plan on importing several hundred products and any help would be much appreciated. -Jess Reference- https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/rms/downloads/releases/rms_so_importutility.htm i use the same tool but i dont tell the import utility anything about tax. import the items witho...

Linking files 2 ways

More Columns #2

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Contacts in Exchange #2

How do I turn a jpg image I have into a visio background?
I have a jpg image I downloaded for the net. I want to turn it into a background for a diagram I am creating. I also would like to make it transparent. I have looked on the help and can't find my answer. Please help. the simplist way is to drop it on a background page and then attach the background to your foreground images. al "doming07" <doming07@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E476FD31-FFC3-45C5-8987-EBE2FB98C714@microsoft.com... >I have a jpg image I downloaded for the net. I want to turn it into a > background for a diagram I am creating. I...

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

learning Excel #3

Goal Seek #2

Increment A2 from A1 and A2 Sum #2