How to display each column in one row to each shape?

I have an Excel file like this:

Unique_ID 1
Name: Tom
Class: A

And then I have 3 shapes in a viviso drawing
I want to display "1" in one of these shapes, "Tom" in the second one, "A"
in the last one using Macro.

Please help me the code to do that as soon as possible.

Thanks so much

0
Offy (1)
6/21/2007 7:17:01 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

what version of visio are you using? In v2007 professional you can link data
to shapes, in earlier versions you have to write interop code to do it.
There are some good examples in david edson's book (check John Marshall's
site visio.mvps.org for other references as well)
al

"Offy" <Offy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an Excel file like this:
>
> Unique_ID 1
> Name: Tom
> Class: A
>

> And then I have 3 shapes in a viviso drawing
> I want to display "1" in one of these shapes, "Tom" in the second one, "A"
> in the last one using Macro.
>
> Please help me the code to do that as soon as possible.
>
> Thanks so much

0
edlund1 (616)

How to put subtotals in a different column
Hi I'm using a Palm Vx to keep my travel expense records. The data can be converted to an Excel document. I can sort the data by the Expense Type (Date->Sort) and subtotal them according to the Expense Type (Date->Subtotals) using the Excel built in functions. A new row for the subtotal is insered into to the original Excel document for each Expense Type. The data of subtotals are added in the same column of the original data. Is there a way to put the data of subtotals in a different column so that I can do grand total easily? The original Excel document form Palm has an empty...

More than 256 columns?
Is it possible to have more than 256 columns? An addin?, a macro?, I don't know. No, it isn't. Your options are to transpose the data so the current rows become columns and vice versa (which will only work if you have fewer than 257 rows), or to use multiple worksheets. On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 06:44:43 -0700, "Terry Muldoon" <tmuldoon@toronto.ca> wrote: >Is it possible to have more than 256 columns? >An addin?, a macro?, I don't know. "Myrna Larson" wrote... >No, it isn't. Your options are to transpose the data so the current rows >become...

arranging in one column to mirror data in another column
I'm being asked to create a "master spreadsheet" that includes information for over 500 school districts. I'm bringing together several different data sets into one sheet. I'm arranging data by hand, which is time consuming. How can I arrange data in one column to exactly match data in another column? That is, with two columns: Column 1 Column 2 -a function that will do the following- Column 2 School A School B School A School B ...

relationship between columns
I'm trying to find a way to keep data in two columns matched. Say in Column A I have loan #'s and in column B I have dates. I'm trying to find a way to keep the entered data permanently "married" in relationship to each other. So if I sort column A descending, the dates will move with the proper number. I know this can be done if both columns are highlighted and column A is sorted, but if only A is selected, the dates in B will not change with the corresponding loan number. This would keep from making a really time consuming mistake. Is there a way to do this. Tha...

two post office on one exchange 2003 server
I have 2 groups of users I would like to setup on one exchange 2003 server. The one group is teachers and staff. And, the other group is students. I would like to keep them isolated from each other, except for being able to send e-mails to each other, i.e. teachers can send e-mails to students and vice versa. Is this possible to do on one exchange 2003 server? If so, how would I do this? Thanks! Not sure what you mean by "separated" but if you mean different databases for students & teachers/staff, the Enterprise version of Exchange supports multiple storage groups, eac...

Copying Data between Spreadsheets based on a rows value
Hi there, Looking for a bit of assistance in Excel with VB macro. I have 2 spreadsheets. One has an order number and a few cells of data. The second has a column of order numbers and each row has data regarding that order. I am looking for code that will run when an on screen button is pressed that grabs the order number and data from the first spreadsheet and then in the new spreadsheet look for the row which has the same order number (In say column A) and paste the data in another column in that row (Say column M). EG. Spreadsheet 1 Order Number Data1 Data2 Data3 5468 ...

=today() less one month
Hello, In a cell I would like to return last month, October. What is the formula for this? Thanks Jim =TEXT(EDATE(TODAY(),-1),"mmmm") -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Jim" wrote: > Hello, > > In a cell I would like to return last month, October. What is the formula > for this? > > Thanks > Jim Hi, =TODAY()-30 then do custom format for the cell using mmmm "Jim" wrote: > Hello, > > In a cell I would like to return last month, Octo...

How does one stop saves-to-disk that occurs after opening a folder
How does one stop saves-to-disk that occurs after opening a folder. I tryed setting bags no roam to zero in the registry but that did not work. I mean I tryed setting BagMRU Size to zero in the registry but that did not work ___________________________________________________________________ "b11_" wrote: > How does one stop saves-to-disk that occurs after opening a folder. > > I tryed setting bags no roam to zero in the registry but that did not work. ...

How do I add $1 to 3500 prices in 1 column: Excell 2003
I am trying, unsuccesfully to add $1.00 to each of 3500 prices in one column. put 1 in an empty cell, then copy that cell select the 3500 prices Goto Edit>PasteSpecial and tick the Add box Exit Clear the cell with 1. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove xxx from email address if mailing direct) "R.Lee" <R.Lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC31E7A1-E08A-4E4D-97C6-5DD4AB7C012A@microsoft.com... > I am trying, unsuccesfully to add $1.00 to each of 3500 prices in one column. Type $1.00 on any cell, copy that cell, select all 3500 prices and use paste sp...

Creating more than one pivot table in one page?
Creating more than one pivot table in one page? how do i do that? Pls help Hi Kumar quite simple (at least in Excel 2003): - create your first pivot table - select an empty cell below or right to the first one - start the pivot table assistant - as target choose the location below/right to the existing table -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Kumar wrote: > Creating more than one pivot table in one page? how do i do that? > > Pls help In step 3 of the pvot table wizard tell it to put it on the same page as the other pvot table. Be careful to leave enough room betwee...

checking for values in a row
Hi, I have the word "yes" in cells A2:A20. I want A1 to get flashed by changing its value to say 'alert' the time any value in cell A2:A20 gets changed to anything other than "yes". I tried if(A2:A20<>'yes',"alert") it doesnot work. it seems to check only the value of the cell in A20. Thanks in advance Amag One way (and I am sure there will be others <g>): =IF(COUNTIF(A2:A20,"yes")<19,"Alert","") Regards Rowan amitntu@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I have the word "yes" in cells A...

compare columns of different worksheets
How can I compare the columns of 2 different worksheets at the same time. For example, I want to compare the numbers in a column on one worksheet to the numbers in another worksheet. Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#ExtractingCommon http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#InOneNotOther -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Classic" <Classic@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4ED25BD8-1AAC-4C58-B794-7D62FD082F01@microsoft.com... > How can I compare the columns of 2 different worksheets at the same time. > For example, I wan...

How do I print two worksheets double sided on one page?

WHERE IN (SELECT) with multiple columns
A continuing annoyance is that I can do stuff like this in SQL Server: SELECT * FROM X WHERE A,B IN (SELECT A,B FROM Y) This is getting more complex if any of A or B can be NULL. Is there an alternative in SQLServer 2005+ to implement such predicates? Pete Select * from dbo.Employee e where exists ( select null from dbo.SomeOtherTable sot where sot.StateID = e.StateID and sot.EmployeeID = e.EmployeeID ) You can start there and then experiment. Throw in a " or e.StateID IS NULL "... or something like that. You should post some DDL , some INSERTS and th...

Outlook Today
I've been using Outlook 2002 with our Exchange server for several years. My startup view has been set to "Outlook Today". It has always displayed the contents of my exchange calendar, tasks etc. I just installed Office 2003 and as a result now have Outlook 2003 (I believe that our exchange server has not been upgraded). Overall it seems to work pretty well, but I cannot get "Outlook Today" to display the info from my exchange mailbox. Instead it insists on displaying the calendar, tasks etc from my personal folders. All my mail also goes into the Personal Inbox ra...

How do I print several sheets in a workbook as one file, making t.
Please post your question in the body of the message. It is truncated and we have to guess. My guess is that you simply need to select the tabs you want to print by clicking on the tab for the first sheet to print, then press & hold the Control key while clicking on the other tabs you want to print. When all are selected, click on the print button "aimeesue78" wrote: > my guess is you're looking for the report manager add-in (which allows for consecutive page numbers, different views / scenarios per sheet, differenet sheet order etc) ... in version 2000 it ...

Can I copy row grouping between files?
I have a file which has been produced by exporting data from MS Project, and I would like to make this easier to read by grouping Tasks and their sub-Tasks by Row. I don't have MS Project myself, so am dependant on exports by people who do. If I set up one version of the file with Tasks and their sub-Tasks by Row grouped by Row can I copy/transfer these groups to the next updated version I receive, or do I have to do the grouping all over again from scratch? ...

Calc. Length of time with time-in, time-out, date-in, date-out in diff. columns
I need to calculate total length of time in hours:minutes:seconds. ColumnA: Arrive date in M/D/YYYY ColumnB: Depart date in M/D/YYYY ColumnC: Arrive time in H:M:Seconds ColulmnD: Depart time in H:M:Seconds I can't figure out how to get my formulas to look at BOTH date AND TIME & arrive at a total length of time that honors a period over 24 hours. I know I can format [H], and I've looked at other formula pieces, but I'm unable to get all four pieces above to connect. How do I do that? Nic. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi use the following for...

Column width value
I am trying to write a library in VB.net that can be used to write Excel spread sheets directly form an application. My library will be writing the sheets as XML files. I need to be bale to give the user of the library a way to control column width and am running into a bit of an odd quandary with regards to the value used. The Excel GUI seems to let you enter the column width as a factor of characters (between 0 and 255) but when that number is stored in the sheet it is not stored as that number but rather it is stored as (according to the xmlss spec) points. My library is allowing ...

Counting in two columns
Hey All, I'm not sure how to explain this so I'm going to do a little diagram. Number | Material ---------------------- 2 | Granite 1 | Marble 3 | Marble 5 | Granite This is the data that the user enters into a spreadsheet. What I would like to do is have a summery at the bottom of the spreadsheet with the TOTAL number of Granite and Marble slabs entered. I've looked at using COUNTIF for the "Material" column but I need to take the "Number" column into account. Any help would be greatly appreciated. -Mark. ------...

How do I put a Heading on each column of data?
I have a spreadsheet in Excel with names and addresses. I want to export them but they need headings ie. fName, L name, address, city and zip. How do I put headings in each column? new with excel wrote: > I have a spreadsheet in Excel with names and addresses. I want to export > them but they need headings ie. fName, L name, address, city and zip. How > do I put headings in each column? > the column headings go in the first row. If the first row already has data in it just click on the row number to highlight the whole row then right click and select insert. this will ...

IE 7 Display Colors
I am having a real problem with the current "style" popular nowadays for = web pages, where everything has a "washed out" or "faded" look (for = example, what you get on some "skins"). Some web pages display in such = faded and washed out colors that my poor ol' aging eyes can hardly see = them. They may have extremely light blue text on white backgrounds, and = I can hardly see the printing on the web page unless I do something like = Edit/Select All... for the whole page where everything gets highlighted = and contrasted. I already run ...

Display a number as Kilometers and k/hr & as Time
Hi Guys, Can someone help me display a number from a formular as kimometers and kilimoters per hour, like "21k/hr" and also display 2 digit numbers at time, as in 34 would show as 0:34 or even better would be as " 34 mins" in the cell and 3 to 4 digit numbers as time like "3:45" or "3h 45m" would be great. Thanks guys, other than that, if you have any ideas to help me please look at http://users.bigpond.net.au/adams_stuff/riding%20stats.xls and let me know if i can get rid of decimal time in the data sheet.. Thanks again. -- Gonzo ---------------...

id display's funny on form built on qry built on 2 tables ?? (usnint the form Wizard)
i create a query (qryAB) built on 2 tables... tblA and tblB (tblB is a 'child" of tblA) >From tblA the query has 1 fielsds... idA >From tblB the query has 2 fields... idA, idB Now I use the form Wizard to build a Form on qryAB and elect to show all the fields in qryAB on the form The Wizzard ask me "How do you want to view your data?" I click on tblB and the only option is "single form" so I take this option. Now my form doesn't display idA correctly... the 3 fields show like this... tblA_idA -- (note the underbar should show tblA.idA) idB tblB_idA...

One to many relationship with Invoice Product as parent #2
I need to create a one to many relationship in CRM 4.0 with the Invoice Product entity (invoicedetail) as the parent and a custom entity as the child. I see that the functionality to create this particular type of relationship has been disabled in the regular entity customization tools. Does anyone know of a supported (preferred of course) or unsupported way to create this relationship and display it in the usual manner on the Invoice Product and custom entity forms? Is there a reason that I should know about why CRM does not allow this type of relationship to be created? ...