How to change the paper size for all pages?

Hi!

I have Visio 2007 Pro. I have a drawing with about 60 pages and I want
to change the paper size for all pages. For some reason Visio changes
the paper size for one page at a time only.

Thanks!
Thomas

visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hello Thomas,

I'm afraid it's on a per page basis only.  You could easily do this using
code though.  Let me know if you're comfortable with a little VBA and what
size you want the pages to be and I'll give you an example if you like.

Best regards

John

John Goldsmith
www.visualSignals.co.uk

<miskiewicz2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I have Visio 2007 Pro. I have a drawing with about 60 pages and I want
> to change the paper size for all pages. For some reason Visio changes
> the paper size for one page at a time only.
>
> Thanks!
> Thomas

Hi John,

> > I have Visio 2007 Pro. I have a drawing with about 60 pages and I want
> > to change the paper size for all pages. For some reason Visio changes
> > the paper size for one page at a time only.

> I'm afraid it's on a per page basis only.  You could easily do this using
> code though.  Let me know if you're comfortable with a little VBA and what
> size you want the pages to be and I'll give you an example if you like.

Thanks for you reply. Yes, I'm comfortable with a little VBA.

This is Visio 2007 Professional, right. This software is so
ridiculous! What's the big deal with adding a feature that changes the
paper size to all pages?

Thanks!

Thomas

Hello Thomas,

Have a go with the following:

Private Sub ChangeAllPageSizes()

Dim crntPage As Visio.Shape
Dim pag As Visio.Page

    For Each pag In ActiveDocument.Pages
        Set crntPage = pag.Shapes("thePage")
        With crntPage
            .Cells("PageWidth").FormulaU = "210mm"
            .Cells("PageHeight").FormulaU = "297mm"
        End With
    Next pag
End Sub

This is some basic code to give you the idea.  Bear in mind that you may
also want to change the Printed Page as well as the Drawing one, so change a
test page via the Page Setup dialog and then have a look at the ShapeSheet
behind the page you've just changed.  All the cells you'll want to change in
code are right there.

I think I agree that some batch type functions in the UI would be useful,
but this type of code is extremely flexible.

Hope this helps.

> Hi John,
>
>> > I have Visio 2007 Pro. I have a drawing with about 60 pages and I want
>> > to change the paper size for all pages. For some reason Visio changes
>> > the paper size for one page at a time only.
>
>> I'm afraid it's on a per page basis only.  You could easily do this using
>> code though.  Let me know if you're comfortable with a little VBA and
>> what
>> size you want the pages to be and I'll give you an example if you like.
>

> Thanks for you reply. Yes, I'm comfortable with a little VBA.
>
> This is Visio 2007 Professional, right. This software is so
> ridiculous! What's the big deal with adding a feature that changes the
> paper size to all pages?
>

> Thanks!
>
> Thomas

Here is a very quick and easy way

Sub doit()
    Dim O As Object
    Dim i As Object

    Set O = Application.ActiveDocument.Pages
    For Each i In O
        Application.ActiveWindow.Page = i
        Application.ActiveWindow.Zoom = 1#
    Next i
End Sub

miskiewicz wrote:

How to change the paper size for all pages?
15-Aug-07

Hi!

I have Visio 2007 Pro. I have a drawing with about 60 pages and I want
to change the paper size for all pages. For some reason Visio changes
the paper size for one page at a time only.

Thanks!
Thomas

On Wednesday, August 15, 2007 5:45 AM
miskiewicz wrote:

How to change the paper size for all pages?
Hi!

I have Visio 2007 Pro. I have a drawing with about 60 pages and I want
to change the paper size for all pages. For some reason Visio changes
the paper size for one page at a time only.

Thanks!
Thomas

On Wednesday, August 15, 2007 1:49 PM
John Goldsmith wrote:

Hello Thomas,I'm afraid it's on a per page basis only.
Hello Thomas,

I'm afraid it's on a per page basis only.  You could easily do this using
code though.  Let me know if you're comfortable with a little VBA and what
size you want the pages to be and I'll give you an example if you like.

Best regards

John

John Goldsmith
www.visualSignals.co.uk

<miskiewicz2@yahoo.com> wrote in message

On Friday, August 17, 2007 4:08 AM
miskiewicz wrote:

Hi John,Thanks for you reply. Yes, I'm comfortable with a little VBA.
Hi John,

Thanks for you reply. Yes, I'm comfortable with a little VBA.

This is Visio 2007 Professional, right. This software is so
ridiculous! What's the big deal with adding a feature that changes the
paper size to all pages?

Thanks!

Thomas

On Friday, August 17, 2007 3:32 PM
John Goldsmith wrote:

Re: How to change the paper size for all pages?
[...]

A Comparison of Managed Compression Algorithms
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/71485ecc-2d2d-435a-9c35-3d12b279f9ae/a-comparison-of-managed-compression-algorithms.aspx
0
klouw (1)

Daylight Savings Time Changes
Hello, Does anyone know if the patch for Exchnage 2003 identified in KB926666 has to also be applied to every server that is running the Exchange Tools (System Manager)? Thanks in advance K On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:24:03 -0800, Kerry <Kerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Does anyone know if the patch for Exchnage 2003 identified in KB926666 has >to also be applied to every server that is running the Exchange Tools (System >Manager)? > >Thanks in advance >K Im all for consistency. If the patch isnt needed, it shouldnt install, so I would at ...

Changing color of a range of cells dending up on a value in anothr
Hi, I need to change the color of a range of cell, depending up on the value in another cell. I am using Excel 2003. And it allows me to give only 3 conditions when using conditional format. But I have 7 differnt conditions. Thanks in advance for any help. Srajes. Unless you move to XL2007, you will need to use VBA. Here are some sites that will help http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/excel-conditional-formatting-limit.htm http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htm Alternatively, there is an add-in here http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CFPlus.Download.html -- Steve "Srajes&qu...

Changing the default folder when inserting files.
Does anybody know how to change the default folder Outlook opens when inserting files? I have already tried the registry with no luck. Thanks. you can change the default folder - use the places bar to select the folder you want. http://www.poremsky.com/p/places_bar.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Kristin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Disabled "auto reply"
Howdy all. I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out. We're running an Exchange 2003 server using Outlook clients internally and OWA for remote access. POP is disabled for remote access. I've checked the Global Settings -->IMF settings in the ESM and confirmed that "allow out of office replies" and "allow automatic replies" are deselected. I've checked the rules within Outlook and confirmed that no rules exist. However, I'm still seeing auto replies being sent to Internet accounts (not from within the network when connecting via Outlook)...

How do I change the "Project Type" in "law Firm Financial Analys..
he "Lawfirm Financial Analysis Worksheet" currently has only attorney related "Projects Types," e.g., bankruptcy, forming corporations, amublence chasing. I'd like to modify the worksheet so it would fit other professions, i.e., engineering, consulting, and the like. Are these worksheets, including the law firm financial analysis worksheet, modifyable? If you download the worksheet: http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/templates/TC011406201033.aspx you should be able to modify it. Clear the existing project types, and replace them with the ones you need. seanac...

Identical Name on multiple workbook pages
As a hardened Excel/VBA nut, I'm probably going to be really embarrased when I get the answer to this, but here goes... I have a workbook containing a worksheet that records weekly data. I have a named range ("Data") which I select then clear, via GoTo. Each week, I copy the latest week's worksheet and create a new worksheet for the new week. And each week, I select the range "Data" and clear it in the most recently created worksheet. the thing is, I always thought that Range names were unique across a workbook, and that you couldn't have the same Range N...

2003: Page Setup missing from File menu
Is this by design or have I done something strange? I want to freeze the top line to repeat on all sheets and cannot find anywhere else to do that. tcebob File>Page Setup is gone from your menu? It should be there. Are you missing anything else? Try putting Page Setup back onto the File Menu. Tools>Customize>Commands>File Scroll down to "Page Setup" and left-click drag to File Menu. If you have other things missing from your menus maybe you should just try re-setting all. Tools>Customize>Toolbars. Select Worksheet Menu bar and &q...

ok , i'm making name tags for an event....have to change the name
here is my problem....I am doing name crads.... so i have to change the name on each crad.....and i am lost as how to do that.....and then they all print out with the different names...Thank you... Fran You will have to build a data base and use mail merge. Help here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Fran Buettner" <Fran Buettner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B872C0E-4FDA-4899-80DA-95609AA63623@microsoft.com... > here is my problem....I am doing name crads.... so i h...

how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work sheet
how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work sheet Try going to the View menu and unchecking Page Break Preview On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 11:01:08 -0800, "parker1230" <parker1230@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work sheet You may be in page break preview mode. Go to "View" and select "normal" Regards Bill K "parker1230" <parker1230@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A65FC73-CAA0-428D-8ECD-0C2A2E15B799@microsoft.com... > how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work she...

changing accounts for sent emails
I am using Outlook 2000 with my laptop. I receive and send email from two differents accounts. One is for work, the other is for personal email. The default send is for the work account. I know to change the send account using the options choice on the toolbar, however, I frequently forget to do that. Is there a way to either: 1) display the name of the from: account when composing the email (which I usually do with Microsoft Word) so that I can more easily remember to change the account or 2) associate some contacts preferentially with the non-default account (i.e. have one default accou...

How to change background color of a window that has been created.
I need to change the background of a window that has been created, can you help? Hello Jerry, > I need to change the background of a window that has been created, can > you help? > Answer depends upon the type of window. Typically you can do this in OnEraseBkgnd. Certain controls respond to WM_CTLCOLOR and yet some other, like CButton, need to be owner drawn to change the color. If you have a generic CWnd, you can always specify the brush in the window class; so no special painting is needed. This is good when you know that the background will have one color all the time. -...

Margin Trouble with Custom Page Size
When I try to print in Publisher using a custom page size, printer or Publisher adds approx 1.5" to the top of my page margin, no matter what I do. Checked the printer settings in WordPad, all looks OK. Issue does not occur when printing on 8.5X11 page, nor does it occur in MS Word. I don't have any extra margin set in Master Page...have tried everything I can think of. Under deadline to print invitations and getting desperate...help! Thanks. How are you setting up your printer? Are you saving the custom setting? Are you setting up your printer first? What model is your pr...

Change order of fields in a report to a custom arrangement
In a report, I want to list sections in a certain way that is not alphabetical or numerical. Is there a way to do this? Curerntly, it is alphabetical as below: **Staff Section** Chief of Staff Command Counsel G1 G2 G3 Public Affairs Special Staff ** I would like for the fields to be organized as below: ***Staff Section*** G1 G2 G3 Chief of Staff Command Counsel Special Staff Public Affairs Thanks! Glen Try going to Sorting and Grouping. It is one of your buttons on the command bar. You should be able to set it anyway you wish. -- Milton Purdy ACCES...

Checking which fields changed
Hi Is it possible to identify individual fields changed by a user during editing on a form before or immediately after the form is saved? Thanks Regards On May 9, 4:25 pm, "John" <J...@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: > Hi > > Is it possible to identify individual fields changed by a user during > editing on a form before or immediately after the form is saved? > > Thanks > > Regards I assume you mean what data was changed when you save the record? If so look at the OldValue property of your text boxes etc. Take a look at what Allen Browne has at ...

Excel: Open Recent Files

Formula
Have a simple idea that is giving me fits. Have a worksheet with numberic data and labels in rows and columns. Below each column I use a simple SUM() function which works fine, until I disturb a row of data. By disturb, what I mean is that if I move the top row of data down to the bottom of the array, highlight the entire data area, move that area up one row, I lose the correct references in the SUM() function. I'm just moving the data area, not the row containing my SUM() functions - that stays put. IOW, the SUM() function is in row 12, the data area extends from row 1 through ...

Excel page format changes

Cell identity when printing comments on separate page

Outlook 2003 changing global auto archive settings?
Outlook offers to Run Auto Archive every days. It allows you to run it more frequently, but I would like to run it less frequently. In other words, I would like to run it every 120 days and then archive the bottom four months. It doesn't seem that you can change the auto archive setting above 60 days. Is there a way to do this? I have the box checked to ask me before auto archiving - but if I say no, will it continue to ask? Or, will it never ask again? Essentially I would like to archive every 4 months and not more frequently - and I would like to archive my inbox and my se...

How can I change dollar sybbol to euro symbol?
If data is numeric then use Format Cells and choose a format with a Euro symbol, or if text just do an Edit / Replace. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�------------------------------�---------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ------------------------------�------------------------------�---------------- "zwerver" <zwerver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1821DD41-E29A-4034-9A2E-9DCB5AB6B4BD@micros...

connecting to data access page with filter criteria
I have an access database that I connect to from a GIS application (ArcView) using VBscript. I need to port my GIS project to the free viewer (ArcReader) which does not support VBscript but does support hyperlinking to a URL based on a value supplied by an underlying record. In my current project I can send filter critera to open a particular database, form and record. Would it be possible to do the same using data access pages or would I need to create a separate page for each record I want linked? ...

Money 2005 Bug: Portfolio toolbar button loads blank page titled Portfolio Manager
Problem Description: Clicking on the Portfolio toolbar button loads a blank page that's titled Portfolio Manager. That's it! I can't see any of my open positions, etc... using this toolbar button. Frequency of problem: Always Happens Operating system / version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional - 5.1.2600 Computer manufacturer and model: Dell Computer Corporation, Dimension 8200 Processor model and speed: I586IV, 1994 MHz Memory (RAM): 523.276 MB The only input I can offer is that I have the same problem on one computer, but it works fine on the other. I converted from 2004 Delu...

Charts and "global" changes
Hello all, I'm actually working in Microsoft Access97, which uses MSGraph 2000 for charting, so I thought this was really a "charting" question... not an Access question. I have an XY scatter chart (using just points... no X or Y error bars or lines) all laid out just fine, but I have a couple of questions that would make my work a lot easier. When the data first displayed on the chart, every data point had a different "style"... circles, triangles, x's, etc... I had to go into every one individually and change them to a black dot at size 3. Isn...

Microsoft Word/Page orientation
In a multi-page document, is it possible to change continuous pages from a page orientation of portrait to landscape and back to portrait again? I have tried this with page breaks inserted but it has not worked yet. I am using Word 2000. Thank you. you need to ask in microsoft.public.word or i could tell you the answer :-) use section breaks "KC" <mykcdog@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:521501c42ca1$4ba0e950$a501280a@phx.gbl... > In a multi-page document, is it possible to change > continuous pages from a page orientation of portrait to > landscape and ba...

Avg. Mailbox size for Mid-size company
I am tasked to find the average mailbox size of a general Exchange end-user in a mid-size company that is equivalent to one that I work for: 700 to 800 employees with approx. 550 to 600 email accounts. We are trying to come up with a policy to “encourage” people start cleaning out and deleting unimportant items and archiving the important ones from their inbox and sent items box. Since implementing Exchange 2000 (which was migrated from Groupwise), our storage has grown exponentially in the last two years! We have people that have not cleaned out their inbox in the last five years, ...