How do i show conditionality in a UML Sequence Diagram ?

Can someone give me an UML Sequence example (diagram or directions) that uses
conditionality. That is display a logic that says: if a > b send a message1
from Object1 to Object2 else send anothermessage2 from Object1 to Object3.

10x in advance
Eyal Kobrigo
0
Kobrigo (1)
12/7/2004 4:47:09 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

"Eyal Kobrigo" <Eyal Kobrigo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can someone give me an UML Sequence example (diagram or directions) that
> uses
> conditionality. That is display a logic that says: if a > b send a
> message1
> from Object1 to Object2 else send anothermessage2 from Object1 to Object3.

I don't believe there's a way to do it. You can't really add guards.

They don't support iteration, either.

John Saunders

0
John
12/7/2004 5:15:38 PM
You might want to try EventStudio 2.5. It allows you to define multiple
scenarios and select the legs that define a scenario.

More information can be found at:
http://www.EventHelix.com/EventStudio

Deepa

In SUM cells the # sign keeps showing instead of total
AYE! my head... i'm sure it is simple, but i cannot get the SUM cells to show the currency amount. instead, the cells keep showing ####### after i enter the formula. can anyone advise me in how to stop this from happening? what's more annoying is that one SUM cell IS working properly. what have i done? thank you! frustrated student Widen the cell size Regards, Peo Sjoblom "fyremunki" wrote: > AYE! my head... > > i'm sure it is simple, but i cannot get the SUM cells to show the currency > amount. instead, the cells keep showing ####### after ...

Outlook slow showing messages.
Any advise on , when viewing messages through outlook 2002, When you highlight the message it takes about 15 - 30 seconds to show the message in the Preview plane. The longer the outlook is open the longer it gets between messages. Any help would be great on this... Brad Mc ...

Last number in a column shows in the total/summay line cell
I am looking for a formula that would have the last number listed in a column listed in the total or summary row of the spreadsheet. Column A lists the month of the year Column B lists # of files pending Jan 10 Feb 12 Mar 7 Summary -- I want this to show the last number in Column B -- in this example 7. Thank you. hi in a cell of your choosing, enter.. =OFFS...

A formula that only shows the number of ex: "A" in a column and
Hi! Can i make a formula that only shows the number of ex: "A" in a column and ignore any hidden rows that result from filtering. Maybe i ca combine =SUBTOTAL(3;P:P) and =COUNTIF($P:$P;"=A") in some way? Regards Gunnar Gunnar, You basically need to reproduce your filtering: =SUMPRODUCT((P1:P10="A")*(B1:B10="B")*(C1:C10="C")*1) HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Gunnar Sandstr´┐Żm" <gunnar.sandstrom@ericsson.com> wrote in message news:c9n09c$hh2$1@newstree.wise.edt.ericsson.se... > Hi! > Can i make a formula that only shows ...

i want excel to show the first tab upon opening, not the second
when i open my spreadsheet, it always opens with the second sheet prominent, rather than the first. how can i change this? Hi, You will need VB for that. Alt+F11 to open VB editor. Double click 'ThisWorkbook' and paste the code below in on the right. For it to work you must enable macros on opening Private Sub Workbook_Open() Application.Goto Sheets(2).Range("A1") End Sub -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "robs...

Showing Percent
I have a column chart showing count on the Y axis and Categories on the X axis. Is there a way to show the percent for each category above each column? I looked at Chart Options - Data Labels and the Show Percent is grayed out. Thanks! Steve Debra, Thank you for the help - it works great! The nice thing about it is that once the add-in is applied to a worksheet, you can copy the workbook to another computer that doesn't have the add-in and the labels will also work there. Steve "Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contextures.com> wrote in message news:3F19C51C.4060403@contextur...

Mobile adevices not showing up in mobil admin
Several people have used there devices to sync to our exchange 2003 server. The problem is when I use the mobile admin web page I never see any activity under the transaction log. I also get an error when I go to the remote wipe page and try to lookup a user. Any ideas of what might be going on? TIA Josh "Josh" <J o S H@computers.com> wrote: >Several people have used there devices to sync to our exchange 2003 server. >The problem is when I use the mobile admin web page I never see any activity >under the transaction log. Unless you told it to "wipe...

Print not showing on paper when printed
-- To be myself is the most important thing!!! Interesting! Using white ink? No print area assigned? Please provide some details. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 16:26:01 -0700, Citripio <citripio@discussion.microsoft.com> wrote: A couple more.............. Printer cartridge(s) out of ink? Font is colored white and you are printing in color? Gord On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 16:36:54 -0700, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote: >Interesting! > >Using white ink? > >No print area assigned? > >Please provide some details. > > >...

Conditional vlookup
I have a named Range "Price" Ihave the folowing formula that works fine =IF(B3>0,VLOOKUP(B3,Price,3,FALSE),"") Except in column A I have a Manufactures name. Column B contains the part number. I want to only use vlookup on range "price" for matches to column a What is the best way to handle this? Thanks Saved from a previous post: If you want exact matches for just two columns (and return a value from a third), you could use: =index(othersheet!$c$1:$c$100, match(1,(a2=othersheet!$a$1:$a$100) *(b2=othersheet!$b$1:$b$100),0)) (all in one ...

Conditional Formatting in Forms
I'm trying to get a form to display a "Yes" or "No" depending on a review of two dates. Tried a number of times. In English, want it to do the following - if the Date returned to marketing is less than or equal to the due date, write "Yes" and if not write "No" - otherwise leave blank. ans = iif(dateReturned <= dueDate,"Yes", "No") >write "Yes" and if not write "No" - otherwise leave blank. What instances you want to leave it blank, since date returned equal or less than due date is a &qu...

Weird problem in UML diagrams
I can't seem to make an association link properly between two classes. Basically, I can drag and drop the association link to the canvas but I can't point the ends to the classes. The end handle can be moved, and the target gets highlighted in red borders but when I release the mouse, it remains unchanged. I believe it also happens in all kinds of diagrams. In short, anything that uses link lines dont work because the lines are bugged out. ...

Sent email show up in Inbox
Hi Why do all my sent emails from Outlook show up in my Inbox. That is reflected in OE and in Windows Live Mail. Thanks Don What does OE have to do with Outlook's Inbox? Where are you sending the mail from (seems like Outlook) but which Inbox is it showing up in? "Don S." <dis933@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ujBcXaWRKHA.4692@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi > > Why do all my sent emails from Outlook show up in my Inbox. That is > reflected in OE and in Windows Live Mail. Using a Gmail account via POP3? Perfectly normal then; http://mail.googl...

Need help with showing Totals
I have a clustered cylinder chart. Along the x-axis, I have the average test score per exam per class. For example, in the first cluster I have the average test score for five exams in the Science class. In the second cluster, I have the average test score for five exams in the Mathematics class, etc. For each average test score, I would like to display the total number of students that took the test above each score. In looking through several of the previous answers in this discussion group, I think I need to add a dummy series and plot the total number of students aga...

Conditional Format, Color Scale adjacent cells
I have a list of companies from which I receive periodic reports. Each company has a weight of importance In my list I record the incoming reports saying either "Missing" or "OK" I want to highlight all "Missing" with a colour scale that reflects the company's weight. For that I would create a hidden helper column (let's call it Code) with a formula like Code = Weight * if(Received = "Missing", 1, 0) I tried Conditional formatting / Color Scale but found that it applies only to the values of the cells containing the different value...

Urgent !!!!!
I tape all data and add the font colour, but when i preview file & print , it can't show the colour, why? Could it be that you are previewing a print for a black-and-white printer? Kind regards, Marcel Kreijne Quandan - Steunpunt voor spreadsheetgebruikers (Quandan - dutch supportsite for spreadsheetusers) www.quandan.nl "Eva" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:5812EE04-51AB-4AB7-8A80-C9F6994C8B97@microsoft.com... > I tape all data and add the font colour, but when i preview file & print , it can't show the colour, why? See ...

Area Chart showing percentage?
I'm a newbie that created an Area Chart using the Graph Wizard. It's almost what I need, except the Y-axis shows an accumulated count of the values. What I need is to normalized the values so that they represent a percentage. E.g., the total across the X-Axis is always 100% and the chart shows the percentage contribution of each value being plotted. 100--------------------------------- 80___ _________ _ 60 \/ /\ \___/ 40 /\______/ \ __ 20/ \_____/ 0---------------------------------- The SQL generated by the Wizard: TRANSFO...

existing accounts not showing up on net worth reports
I have existing accounts set up, Cd's, that i have transfered to new accounts, cd's at another institution. the report for net worth over time fails to show the original cd's after the transfer. How should I have done this diferently? -- DR In microsoft.public.money, DR wrote: >I have existing accounts set up, Cd's, that i have transfered to new >accounts, cd's at another institution. the report for net worth over time >fails to show the original cd's after the transfer. How should I have done >this diferently? Forgetting for the moment how you...

Re: Account Won't Show Up on Home Page as a Favorite
For some reason this message appears to have been deleted from the server. I'm reposting it. Kevin "Kevin Campbell" <kcampbel@nospam.midmaine.com> wrote in message news:... > I have a Home Equity Line of Credit account that, for some reason, will not > show up on my list of favorite accounts on the Home page in Money 2003. In > the account details I have the Add to Favorites checkbox checked and under > the Favorite Accounts menu item it does show up. Also, when I am in the > account register view and I click on the account name to drop the list of > ac...

how do I create "blink" conditional formatting?
how do I create "blink" conditional formatting? Hi You can't, you need VBA for that. See this link: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/BlinkingText.aspx HTH John "OM PRAKASH" <OM PRAKASH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B83FD6E8-F264-41F8-B179-E5DBF6865872@microsoft.com... > how do I create "blink" conditional formatting? ...

Contacts Permissions Problem
Hi- I am running OL2003 on WinXP & 2k with Exchange 2k. I have a large public folder of contacts. I can edit all of them. I created a new user, gave her owner permissions on the folder, but she cannot edit many of the contacts. When she opens them, they show as <read only>. Today I was researching this and I found something interesting - some of the records show Outlook Version 10, and others show Outlook Version 11. It turns out that the recs that are version 10 can be edited by the new user, but those that are version 11 can only be opened as read only. I tried to change the ve...

show pivot table detail in same cell
I would like to create a report using following sample data in excel ticket , monthly release , application 111-fix login bug , 2006-06 , ABC 112-improve logging , 2006-06 , ABC 113-enhance blah blah , 2006-07 , XYZ 114-fix performance issue , 2006-08 , ABC 115-implement cash app , 2006-08 , XYZ using this data I would like to create following report (application roadmap) i.e. which ticket would be implemented in which monthly release...

Conditional Recordcount
Experts, I'm trying to get a record count based on the value in the combox. For example if 2 records are marked "completed" out of 5, I want 2 as my record count. Please help! thanks I don't understand. The RecordCount is a PROPERTY of a recordset, and is only available to you when you create and open a recordset. You cannot "set" its value to something. "Shiller" wrote: > Experts, > > I'm trying to get a record count based on the value in the combox. > For example if 2 records are marked "completed" out of 5, I want 2 a...

Show stdev errorbars on pivot bar chart
I have made a pivot bar chart using excel 2003, and I would like to show error bars on this bar chart. The values for the bars are averages of a certain quantity. The values for the errorbars should be the stdev of this quantity. It is possible to add error bars in the existing chart using "Format data series", but that only works for one particular chart. If I update the underlying data or plot other quantities, then the errorbars are gone. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Like all custom formatting in pivot charts, refreshing the data clears the formatting. Microsof...

Problem showing full category list after upgrade from Money 03 to
I just upgraded from Money 2003 to 2007. When I select : Microsoft Money Settings -> Category settings -> Show Full Category List I receive the following error message: Money encountered an error and must cancel this operation. Please try again later. Is there any way to find out more about what is going wrong? ...

Emails not showing up in Outlook but can be seen on Webmail
I've got several clients saying that in Outlook 2003 and Express its saying they have new email but none of these new emails are in their inboxes. so i told them to log into webmail, and they can see the emails there... all of these clients are using IMAP and could have very large inboxes.. what could be the problem here? why isnt outlook downloading the emails properly? Do they have LAN or WAN access? -- Jonathan No Warrenties Implied, Did you do a FULL backup today?????? "beanfieldtech@gmail.com" wrote: > I've got several clients saying that in Outlook 2003 and E...