How do I print my image decently in Visio? So it fits the page?

I'm new to Visio and I was wondering how I print my image so you can actually
see it. Right new, when I can actually get it to print, it is just a
thumbnail. Otherwise nothing prints at all. I've done everything in the help
section, but to no avail. What am I missing?
0
Scottyboy (1)
4/28/2005 1:40:05 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I'd probably start at page setup > page size and see if it is checked for
same as printer setup
al

"Scottyboy" <Scottyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm new to Visio and I was wondering how I print my image so you can
> actually
> see it. Right new, when I can actually get it to print, it is just a
> thumbnail. Otherwise nothing prints at all. I've done everything in the
> help
> section, but to no avail. What am I missing?

0
edlund1 (616)

Embedded PDF object in web page: OneNote is launching and opening PDFs at the same time as Adobe Reader
I have a Windows 2008 Server machine with Office 2007, Adobe Reader 9, and IE8 installed. When opening a web page with an embedded PDF control (using <object> tag and Adobe Reader's CLASSID) in IE8, the PDF appears properly in the Adobe PDF control embedded in the web page, but at the same time, OneNote launches separately and opens the same PDF. How do we stop OneNote from doing this? We have XP Pro machines with Office 2007, Reader 9, IE8 that do not exhibit this behavior. -- Paul -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > I have a Windows 2008 Serv...

Getting photos to print in an image field
This is Access 2007. In my report I have an image field (9 x 6.77 cm). It exists in the detail section of a subreport and snakes across then down. The onPrint event for that section reads: Me.imgPhoto.Picture = Forms!frmProfiles!txtPath & "\" & Me.txtPhoto My problem is that Access doesn't print all the photos. I suspect it's a size issue as if I reduce the resolution of the photos to, say, 800 x 600, then they all print. However, the resaulting print quality is not nearly as good as the original resolution So: is there a way to force Access to be patient and ensur...

different pages on each sheet in publisher?
I am trying to do wedding invitations, each page is 3.5 x 7.50, 3.5 x 7.75 and 3.5 x 8. How can I put one of each of these on the page? Also, How can I do tear off reply cards and have the guests names and quantity invited on each one? These are 3.5 x 8.25. Thank you On the three pages sizes, set separate files for each page making three like pages per sheet of paper. On the last page, the one with the tear off reply, you didn't say what size page it was being torn off; if it's an 8.5 x 11 just make it the bottom 3.5 inches. Seems you will be using a paper cutter extensive...

Print several pages to single paper
Hi, when previewing OneNote pages each page is a separate page of paper in print. Is there a way to have the pages follow on the same page separated only with the OneNote page title? Thanks Deejay wrote: > Hi, when previewing OneNote pages each page is a separate page of > paper in print. Is there a way to have the pages follow on the same > page separated only with the OneNote page title? No, there is no such option. Rainald ...

Customize printing in Notebook view
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Is it possible to print my notes created in notebook view such that the sections I have collapsed on the screen are also collapsed on the print? Whenever I collapse sections and try to print it, the sections don't end up collapsed on the print. ...

Blank page prints with every print job
Whenever I print any type of job in MS Publisher 2002, my printer always prints a blank sheet first. It doesn't matter if it is one page document or multiple page document. Is there some sort of print/page setup that controls this? I don't want a blank page before every print job. Note that this does this on one particular printer, not all, and it only does it for a Publisher document and no others. Thanks Sounds like a printer setting. Look on your settings and see if you can find it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 200...

Printing Quotes 12-13-04
In MS CRM, to print quotes you merge your quote to a Word document template, using the Sales for Outlook client. With this template, I can dress up a quote to have a specific look and feel. I also see how, once you open a quote in CRM how you can perform a generic "print" of the quote, but nothing fancy. In fact, you can't, as I understand it, modify this report. What if I don't have a Sales for Outlook client and I want to print a quote -- dressed up? How is that being accomplished. If you do not use Sales for Outlook client it is only possible to create a n...

Saving Visio files as JPG files?
I am currently working on a network documentation project and have succesfully saved single page files a JPG files. One documented region of the network is a large file with multiple pages of information in one file. I have tried to copy each page one by one to Word,JPG or PDF. When I try this there is nothing displayed. I am wondering why the single page visio files will perfom this transition where the multi-page files will not even when copied out a page at a time. Does anybody know if there is a known issue or workaround for this. TW, Exporting as EMF usually creates smaller file sizes i...

Microsoft Visio Partner Webcast
Visio Partner Webcast Series Join us on Tuesday, December 19th at 9am PST for an informative Visio webcast on Business Process Management & Modeling. Partner Profiles: FlowCentric - FlowCentric is a Business Process Management System (BPMS) developed on the Microsoft .NET platform in support of the Microsoft product stack. FlowCentric provides a process modeling tool based on the Visio API that allows business users to re-use some of the process re-engineering efforts and process documentation that they have. The Process Suite or process authoring interface allows a user to define, depl...

unable to connect to home page metrics URL
I have install GP2010 with SQL reporting services 2008. In report manager I can view the SQL reports for the company but I do not have a folder for Charts and KPIs. When I try and configure metrics for my home page I am receiving the following error "Unable to connect to home page metrics URL". How do I get these metrics created so I can use them on my home page? Thanks, Amy ...

How can I get vacant lines in a sheet to not print
In Lotus 123 the following formula @IF((F25+H25)=0,"|--","") in the first cell of each row in a print range would place the pipe symbol in that cell. Any rows with the symbol would not print when the range was printed. This is very helpful when you don't need to print rows that do not contain data. Such as inventory items with no qunatities. How can I get Excel to do the same thing. Some of my spread sheets may have hundreds of rows but I only need to print those with data. Sorting first is not an option. look at autofilter in Help. "Luapremrub" ...

Rotate a page to change its view in OneNote?
How do i rotate a page to change the view in OneNote? I want to rotate a page 90 degrees from portriat to landscape. -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > How do i rotate a page to change the view in OneNote? I want to rotate a > page 90 degrees from portriat to landscape. There is no ability in ON to rotate a page, even not for pictures. But for pictures/printouts there is a powertoy: http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin/archive/2007/12/14/image-rotator-powertoy-for-onenote-2007.aspx Bernd ...

Dont force a Blank Page if Field is Null !!!!!! Please Help
Hello again, Asking for some expert advise. I have a report that has two sections both with headers and footers. in the final footer I have a unbound field that if the check box is true show the field, if false, Null. it wiorks great, but here is my problem. that footer need to pring on the second page and it will if I "Force New Page" but if it is null it gives me a Blank page. I tried the grouping and Page Breaks and Footer Properties but they all seem to do the same thing or it doesnt. Please help!!!! -- -The Novice Learn Today, Teach Tomorrow Great Success is one...

Email First Page of Worksheet Possible?
Hi, I was just wondering whether it's possible to email the first page of a worksheet comprised of multiple pages. Just the first page -summary report page. Is this possible? Try this: http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/mail4.htm HTH On Jan 23, 5:25=A0am, "Gerard Sanchez" <geepeeoneREMOV...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I was just wondering whether it's possible to email the > first page of a worksheet comprised of multiple pages. Just the first > page -summary report page. > > Is this possible? Can excel not do this with out outlook ...

Display page breaks in normal view in Excel 2007
Hi In Excel 2003, I could click on Tools/Options and then tick the "view page breaks" box, so that I could see dotted lines representing my page sizes in workbook (normal) view, but I can't find a similar command in Excel 2007, apart from Page Break Preview" view, which doesn't really suit what I want. Can somebody help please? Why not use View|PageBreak View since in XL2007 you can still edit the worksheet in this view? If it looks too small use the zoom slider on the status bar. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email ...

image in header gets skewed when I print
I'm making a template with my company's logo in the header. It is perfectly circular in reality and in page layout view. But when I print or print preview, it becomes egg-shaped. It has plenty of room. I have moved the margins and made sure it fits just fine. I've tried png, jpg and gif formats. I'm using Excel 2007, but I've tried it in 2003 and get the same results. I've tried checking and unchecking the boxes "Lock aspect ratio" and "Relative to original picture size". Does anybody have any ideas of what I can try next? I suspect you need to adju...

Fitting characters to a grid
In Excel I will have a grid sized 36 x 36, and this grid is subdivided into 36 6 x 6 boxes. What I would like to do is auto fill the grid randomly with the characters A-Z and 0-9. However, in each row and in each column, each character will appear only once. In addition, each character will appear only once in each 6 x 6 box. Sort of like a giant Sudoku puzzle. Any idea how I could formulate this? Marcus WOW!!!:eek: You do not want much do you???:rolleyes: Just to be sure I understand. In row 1 (for example) you would have a-z then 0-9 (randomly distributed) in columns "A" ...

span a table to multiple pages
Hi, I have a very long table with 300+ rows. Instead of adding a new table to every pages, is there a command to "span" the one table to multiple pages? Thanks! Not in Publisher. Publisher only allows 128 rows per page. Word has this capability. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Tom" <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:u1WmV9bHJHA.1940@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have a very long table with 300+ rows. Instead of adding a new table to > every pages, is there a command to "span" the one table to multiple pages? >...

Error printing gift receipt
The receipt template posted on Knowlege Network printed a regular receipt with price information. I changed some items on the template file from "true" to "false" and the gift receipt printed fine with 2 small problems: 1. Error message:"Compiler Error:Token 'Transaction.Receipt.TransactionNumberPrint' was not found. 2. There's only one chance to print when asked if you want to print again on printer2. Gift receipt could not be printed from a journal. Does anyone know what might not be working here?... 1) 'Transaction.Receipt.TransactionNu...

Printing columnar reports
HelloI am running Access2.In design mode for a report,File | Print Setup | More I change: the no of items across to 1 or 2 if no. items is 1, I check (with "X") same size as detail If I change the item size to other than same as detail I make sure the value is < the width of column 1 the page width is > the width of column 1 I say "OK" for the print setup Preview the report Perfect! But when I go back to run the report from a menu option, the new print settings do not "stick" ie, have not been saved.Pu...

How to turn off Page Layout View as default view
In Excel 2007 I have somehow turned on Page Layout View as my default view so that every time I open Excel or create a new workbook it is displayed in Page Layout View. I want it to open in Normal View by default. How do I change this? Thanks. -- Colin Halliday Hi Colin Click the Microsoft button (Large button top left of screen) Exel Options (Towards bottom right next to exit) Select Popular in left column (Normally defaults to this) Under "When creating new workbooks" heading. Click drop down against "Default view for new sheets" and select Normal view Regard...

Excnange Printing
In our business we are required to print every incoming and outgoing (not internal) email for record purposes. Does Exhange have the functionality to do this or do i need to make Exhange copy all email to a mailbox which is checked by Outlook which prints email via the Rules Wizard. Thanks Rob Rob wrote: > In our business we are required to print every incoming and outgoing > (not internal) email for record purposes. Does Exhange have the > functionality to do this or do i need to make Exhange copy all email > to a mailbox which is checked by Outlook which prints email via ...

Page Setup #2
Does anyone know the best way to have rows repeated at the the bottom of every page when printing an Excel Worksheet. Current page setup options only include "Rows to repeat at top" and "Columns to repeat on left". I cannot put them in the page footer because the information I want repeated at bottom of each page has more than 255 characters. Thanks. -- JK Columbus, Ohio. There's nothing built into excel that does rows to repeat at bottom. Any chance you can use MSWord, print a bunch of footers, then run those sheets through the printer when you print the excel...

Text don't fit in a cell
Is there a limit to the text count in a cell? I have wrap text on and I even increased my height and width but I can only see up to a certain point of my entry. I even tried making my font smaller but all it does is give me the extra space but still end at the same spot of my entry. If there is a limit, is there a way to override that? Please help. Hi there's a limit of 1,024 characters per cell (in the formula you can see up to 32K). You can extened this limit by manually entering linebreaks with ALT+ENTER -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Sue K" <anonym...

what happened to[LINK] chart-wrksht,when not same page? (same Wrkb
I have a chart, on separate pg...same Wrkbk. Selcting a Series - does not 'outline' it's data returning to the Wrksht. How do you EDIT? hawk12@peoplepc.com Hi, Simply selecting the series will not change sheet to show you data as you have discovered. Try using the Source Data dialog, this will allow you to swap sheets and see and adjust the data used. Cheers Andy Boswell wrote: > I have a chart, on separate pg...same Wrkbk. Selcting a Series - does not > 'outline' it's data returning to the Wrksht. > How do you EDIT? > > hawk12@peoplepc.com &...