How do I link a shape on a organ chart to another org chart page

If I have a org chart on one page with three shapes, A B C, and a second page
with names in shapes of people reporting to C on page 1.  How can I click on
Shape C on first page and bring up the second page showing the employees who
work under him C
0
HELP (162)
4/21/2006 7:59:02 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

-right click shape C
-Format > Behavior > Double-Click
-Select "Go to page: Page-2"

Frank

Help <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
9A0D1770-05EE-42D1-ACB3-A0958688AE64@microsoft.com...
> If I have a org chart on one page with three shapes, A B C, and a second
page
> with names in shapes of people reporting to C on page 1.  How can I click
on
> Shape C on first page and bring up the second page showing the employees
who
> work under him C

Link Error: Unresolved external GetThisClass
I am writing an MDI application based generally on the CHKBOOK sample. I need to have several views of the same document. I started out creating a single view and got that working then made a copy of the first view and did a replace on the class name to create the second view. At this point the second view is still identical to the first until I get the mechanism working the way I want it. The problem is that I keep getting the following link error once the second view is added: PCR.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static struct CRuntimeClass * __stdcall CByDayVie...

chart formatted for Weeks, not Days
I am trying to graph some data in Excel 2002 SP3. Column A contains dates (1 date every 7 days) and Columns B through Z the actual data. On my graph I wish to change to eliminate the extra spaces between data points because every day is displayed, not just the weekly dates entered. The only options in the Format Axis I can find are Days, Months, Years. Where is the Weekly option ? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks ! ...

Refreshing ODBC link in Template
I have a template and the link to the ODBC connection needs to be updated. There was a slight change to the table, so I need to refresh the link. This is something I can easily do in Access, but I don't see where to do this in my template. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks in Advance, Trisha ...

Chart Legend #3
I have Line charts on various sheets. The charts are identical in size. There are 12 items graphed on each chart. However, the legend on each of the charts seems to be displaying different numbers of charted items. I'm not sure how to explain this clearly. On one chart's legend, it might show 12 items (three columns with four items each), which is correct. Another chart's legend may only show 2 columns totally only eight items (it should be 12). I even have one chart's legend showing only 4 items (as if it is only one column displaying). I can't figure out what...

Purge data based on another Excel file???
I am attempting to purge data from a large list based on data in another document. I have the files I want to remaove in on file and the file I want to remove them from. There should be simple way to do this no? ...

Distribution Group Not Receiving Emails From Outside Organization
It's the strangest thing. I cannot figure out how this one particular group is not receiving emails from the outside, when it is configured exactly like all our other groups. Yes, its set to receive emails from everyone. Any thoughts? What happens? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" <jaaboo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1142898094.977528.109350@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > It's the strangest thing. I cannot figure out how this one particular > group is not receiving emails from the outside, when it is ...

A question regarding coordinates of points within a chart
Can anyone explain how x-y coordinates for points within a chart can be accessed via a mousemove event? I realize this will require quite a bit of coding, but I would like a little comment box to appear for any given point on an X-Y scatter I have. The data set consists of around 27000 points, and I would like the mousemove event to trigger a lookup into a table that contains a fairly lengthy descripion of each point. Wazooli Wazooli, Take a look at Jon Peltier's article on chart events . . . http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221 then, take a look at this post ...

Can't Click on Links in E-mail Messages
Starting today, whenever I click on a link in an e-mail message, the following box pops up: This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on the computer. Please contact your system administrator. Does anyone know why this is happening, and what I can do to fix it so that I can click on links? -- Brett Hi Brett, The following Knowledge Base (KB) article addresses the issue that you are having. Please follow the steps outlined in this article and this should resolve your issue. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;307818 Regards, Scott Atkins MCSE,...

Which shape is selected
Hello, on a sheet with several drawing objects, how can I programmatically determine if / which is selected ? Regards, H.G. Lamy Try: Sub WhichShape() MsgBox Selection.Name End Sub -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 Thank you ! hg "Gary''s Student" <GarysStudent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9CB4806A-D4F8-474F-A196-E325228B8798@microsoft.com... > Try: > > Sub WhichShape() > MsgBox Selection.Name > End Sub > > -- > Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 ...

Changed relationship; records no longer linked
I have a Corporates table holding details of company customers. I have a CorpContacts table holding details of our contact persons at those companies. Originally I had a relationship (one to many) between Corporates.CorpName and CorpContacts.CorpName. I had a Corporates form which contained a CorpContacts subform displaying the contact persons' details. All working fine. But if we updated the name of the company i.e. Corporates.CorpName, the link was lost and the contact persons were no longer displayed. So I introduced new fields in each table ("CorpID"), i.e. some...

Bubble Charts
Does anyone know if the bubble chart default shape of circle can be modified to other shapes (i.e. triangle, square)? The flexibility to present different shapes could be useful when presenting two series on the same chart. For example, one series could be the default circle, another a triangle. I have seen this capability in other applications with advanced charting capabilities. I am using Excel 2003. Regards, Joel Hi, Yes you can change the shape. To do so you need to use a custom marker. Create a shape using the autoshapes menu. Format the shape in terms of colour and border. Copy...

embed x.s sheet to HTmL page
Hi, I have a file called Bonds.xls located on my C drive in a flode called Support. I want to insert this file to a HTML pae. I trie embed, object and everything I could find but i cant get it to insert I am using office and OS wkin200. Can anybody give me some help? I dont know if I am using tags wrong o just wrong tags. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have you tried saving the worksheet in html format? You can incorporate this html code into the web page. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ ...

Link to other slides from table using c#
Hi, I'm looking to create links from a certain slide to another, and I need those links to be from within a table. I need it to be something like this: var pptApp = new PowerPoint.Application(); var presentation = pptApp.Presentations.Add(Office.MsoTriState.msoFalse); var slides = presentation.Slides; slides.InsertFromFile(@"C:\Users\Tng1\Documents\PresentationTemplate.potx" , 0, 1); var titleSlide = slides[1]; titleSlide.Name="TitleSlide" ; var tableSlide = slides[2]; tableSlide.Name = "TableSlide" ; va...

shapes
I closed the shapes pallete window by clicking the x. how do i get the thing back? common sense would dictate it be in the view menu somewhere. What version of Visio? In 2002, View>Task Pane will pull up the overview of all stencils. To restore individual stencils, File>Stencils> access the files you need. If you've already used shapes in your saved drawing, File>Stencils>Document Stencil will open the master stencil containing every shape you've used. Other than that, I'm not sure how to restore a "palette". Randall Arnold "Mojoala" ...

data links on subsequent worksheets
I have main data entered on worksheet 1 that I have linked to subsequent worksheets, however when there is no data on worksheet 1 I get 0's printed in the data space. How doI eliminate the 0? If you want to hide all zero values on the sheet, Tools --> Options --> [View] tab and clear the checkbox next to "Zero Values" In Excel 2007, that's "Office Button" --> [Excel Options] --> then [Advanced] in left pane and scroll down to the "Display Options for this Worksheet" and clear the box next to "Show a zero in cells that have a...

IE8 displays page cannot be displayed...
I am writing a WEB Service that is using Negotiate protocol with the MS api AcceptSecurityContext. If the browser is not logged into the domain but a group and tries to access the service the browser will respond with a WWW-Negotiate header passing a token to the service. However the browser will return a Page Cannot be displayed if the output of the AcceptSecurityContext returned a SEC_I_CONTINUE_NEEDED and the output buffer is sent back. I would have expected the browser to prompt for credentials or make a new request and choose another option when the cycle repeats. If this is...

Linking 2 Subforms
After reading several posts on these forums, I am beginning to think that what I would like to do is impossible. I don't know if anyone can point me in the right direction or not, but here goes. I currently have a form with 2 subforms (both in datasheet view). The main form has combo boxes that filter the results in the first subform. I would like to be able to select a record in the first subform and have on the related records shown in the second subform. I believe this has something to do with Parent-Child links, but i know that you cannot have a parent-child link between 2 ...

Show linked cell alone somwhere on the desktop
I have DDE linked data in excell. After the all calculations I have result which is one cell. I need to see this "live" cell somwhere on the screen all the time (Excell can be open in background) and I want to see this number only or as less frame as possible - what is my options? Simply when I'm working with other software there is no way to squeeze in all Excell even if I have multiple monitors (: Thks. It's still me - Simplifying my question. Is there any way to bring Excel spreadsheet out of main Excel frame - in Office 2007? "GPS" wrote: > I have D...

Trendline erases chart name
When I add a trendline, the chart name gets changed to "Chart Title." The name can be seen in the Chart Objects drop box, if I scroll down enough. When I add the tendline, I'm leaving the Chart Title box marked as automatic, but it still replaces the name to Chart Title. (The name on my charts just comes from the data field that is above numerical data when I create the chart.) I have a lot of charts to go through, >100, so any help in retaining the name without having to retype it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! I cannot think how this can happen. Email me the fi...

how do i set up page 2 on the post car in Publisher?
I am trying to create a 2 sided post card. I have created the page w/ the information. How do I get the send and return addresses on the other side? Flip side <Flip side@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am trying to create a 2 sided post card. I have created the page w/ > the information. How do I get the send and return addresses on the > other side? Insert > Page? Is this a mail merge? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Hey there...If you used a preset template in the wizard for postcards, it will automatically provide 2 pages...

lookup link for customer address on account, case, address search
The way the address associations are handled today create tremendous gaps in the structure of CRM records compared to the structure of integrated backoffice financial systems records. What should be trivial integration tasks lead to a LOT of workarounds and customers frustration. Here is how we can improve. Abandon the idea of hardcoding first 2 address records on the account form. Add 2 address lookup fields on the account (relationships) that could be used to select any of the account addresses and expose them on the account form (still show individual address fields on the accoun...

Is it possible to include an image in page footer???
I'm trying to see if it is possible to include an image in a page footer in Excel. Haven't figured it out on my own, so I thought I'd post the question here. Thanks, Shane This feature was added in xl2002. What version are you using? "Shane R. Pouch" wrote: > > I'm trying to see if it is possible to include an image in a page footer in > Excel. Haven't figured it out on my own, so I thought I'd post the question > here. > > Thanks, > Shane -- Dave Peterson I'm using 2000 SR-1. Just checked this out on my kids' lap...

Excel Web Service - Multiple Pivot Charts
Hi, I have an Excel2007 dashboard, which contains more than 5 pivot charts. Its a testing dashboard, which has got several defect metrics based on same data source. I am publishing these pivot charts to Sharepoint using excel web service. Currently I need to fiter all pivots one by one to see the charts for different parameter. something like (if I need to select the defects for different releases, i select them one by one in all pivots). I know, i can create a simple macro to trigger updates to all pivots. But the problem I am facing is - After I publish the pivot charts to Sharepoint. Mac...

Chart
Is it possible to change the width of the text box for 'Category Name' within the data label on a chart? I have Category Names which are very long and need to be 'word wrapped', but I cannot change the width of the text box or find a 'word wrap' option for this. Formatting is important as I also need to display the Value, so hard-coding the label is not an option Hi, Chart data labels are not sizable, even if the handles around them would suggest otherwise. You maybe able to get the breaks in the text you want at fixed places by using ALT+ENTER within the cel...

clinking a searched link brings up further search terms...
Hi there... I can't seem to find a solution to this particular issue. I am running IE8 on a Windows XP SP3 machine. In almost every instance whenever I perform a search - whether it be google or bing or whoever, I get my list of matches no probs, but if I click on one of the searched links, instead of being taken diretly to wherever that link is supposed to take me, I am being taken to another page containing a bunch of other "related" search terms instead - sometimes it's the same company "hijaaking" me but overall I get many different companies s...