How do I get pictures of certain equipment in Microsoft Visio?

I'm trying to use Visio to help illustrate our network.  I know I've seen
before where somebody had the exact equipment in his Visio project.  How do I
get those?  Is there a main database with all the equipment, or do I need to
go to each individual site and see if they have it?

Thanks in advance.
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

unless you are willing to pay for them at third party sites, the best  bet
is too check with the vendor.
you might strart over at john marshall's site (www.mvps.org/visio)
al

"captmorg11" <captmorg11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to use Visio to help illustrate our network.  I know I've seen
> before where somebody had the exact equipment in his Visio project.  How
> do I
> get those?  Is there a main database with all the equipment, or do I need
> go to each individual site and see if they have it?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
edlund1 (616)
12/2/2005 9:42:00 PM
Thanks,

I've gone through John's website and it's pretty good.  A great starting
place.  Thanks for your help.

"Al Edlund" wrote:

> unless you are willing to pay for them at third party sites, the best  bet
> is too check with the vendor.
> you might strart over at john marshall's site (www.mvps.org/visio)
> al
>
> "captmorg11" <captmorg11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm trying to use Visio to help illustrate our network.  I know I've seen
> > before where somebody had the exact equipment in his Visio project.  How
> > do I
> > get those?  Is there a main database with all the equipment, or do I need
> > go to each individual site and see if they have it?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.

Microsoft outlook 2003 and winfax help
Hi, I am trying to set up my outlook so that I can send and email and fax in one operation. I dont know how to send a winfax fax through outlook for that matter. I have tried all these steps listed and still need help/ Can someone tell me how to set faxing up using winfax through outlook 2003. I want it so that I could have a group of people that i could send a fax to and also have an email sent to them. (meaning the same people will receive a fax and email) Please help Thanks Zach These are 2 completely diff operations. You send email through your ISP servers. You send faxes throu...

microsoft word 2003 save multipage doc to multiple files
Hello! Is there any possible way to resolve my problem : I have 60 page document and id like to split this doc to 60 single paged files. Is there any way to do this whit some magic word option? Reagrds - HE ...

how to get rid of errors? #2
Thanks for the input, but actually I was more concerned about gettin rid of all error messages when the file loads up. It looks like yo gave me a cool utility, but I am not too concerned about fixing th links. Is there a way to ignore all messages that pop up when i load my exce sheet? regardless of what it is? Thank -- Jon ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Jonx's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1317 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26148 Think deleting all the "pha...

"OWA was unable to get to your inbox" after moving mailbox to ES2K
We are upgrading ES5.5 to ES2K with a new server. After moving mailbox from ES5.5 to the ES2K server, the mailbox shows the correct new home server in the Global Catalog in Exch Admin 5.5, but when users try to login to our OWA 5.5 they get the message "OWA was unable to get to your inbox". We are moving mailboxes incrementally to reduce impact on production, but users will still need to access OWA while the migration is in progress. Do we need to set up a second OWA instance, or is there a way to tell OWA 5.5 where to look for the mailbox on the ES2K server? the users that have be...

Can a form's query use dbSeeChanges to get new autoincremented key?
When a form was bound to a jet table I could get the new autoincrement pkey value in the before insert event. Is there a way to do with with a slq server 2005 odbc linked tables? Something like the dbSeeChanges param that one can use with recordset inserts? No, you can't because of the case of an ODBC linked table to a SQL-Server, the new autoincremented value will be defined only after the creation of the new record. Access/JET seeds the new value before creating the record - so you can access it even if the record doesn't exist yet in the table - but SQL-Server doesn't w...

Money 97 on Microsoft XP #2
Bob, thanks for answer. I=B4m located in Madrid, Spain. How could I buy Money 2006? Microsoft Europe adviced that is only available on USA. And in any case, after bought and downloaded M2006: It will be possible to import my files created with Money 97? regards , Joe. I can only think of Amazon.com or eBay. However it is virtually impossible to get a file created by a non-US version into a US one. There are some very tedious steps to export and import but you lose so much information it really isn't worth it. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/28.aspx and importantly the Notes at...

Formula needed: count if cell CONTAINS certain text
What formula do I need to count the cells that CONTAIN a certain text (<> equal!) e.g. A1 = John A2 = Pieter A3 = William count cells that CONTAIN "i": 2 (A2 and A3) What (set of) formula should I use? Excel Help doesn't give me the answer. Wim On 7 Dec 2005 04:28:36 -0800, "Wim" <eisingspam@iafrica.com> wrote: >What formula do I need to count the cells that CONTAIN a certain text >(<> equal!) >e.g. >A1 = John >A2 = Pieter >A3 = William > >count cells that CONTAIN "i": 2 (A2 and A3) > >What (set of) formula...

How to get TEXT() to display minutes?
If I code =text(B2,"M") I get the month number. How can I get TEXT() to return the minutes? Does =MINUTE(B2) do what you want? -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Square Peg" <SquarePeg@Round.Hole> wrote in message news:5h6ud4tq4pfff7mveg9avt9a0rc7p2qkb7@4ax.com... > If I code > > =text(B2,"M") > > I get the month number. How can I get TEXT() to return the minutes? On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 09:24:57 +0100, "Bob Phillips" <bob.ngs@somewhere.com> wrote: >Does ...

count total cells if they are a certain color-reverse conditional
I have a yearly work calendar that is shaded (color coded) to match work days, holidays, non paid days, etc. Is there a conditional formatting that I can use to recap the monthly total of days worked based on the color shading of the date fields? For example, if I work M-F this week, but only M-Th next week, and my work days are white, can I have a cell that shows me that I worked 9 days total in this 2 week period? Hi, CPearson has the solution in his web http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.aspx if this helps please click yes thanks "Grams" wrote: > I ha...

Lock picture in back
I have a text box on top of a picture, but the picture keeps bringing itself to the front. I've tried sending the picture to the back, text to front, grouping, and different text wrapping options, but none of that seems to be working or I'm not doing it right, one of the two. How can I can I lock this sucker in the back order or position? Try this, Select the picture, click the doggy, edit wrap points, click the doggy again, click tight, say yes... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Anon" <noema...

Microsoft outlook 2000 #5
I'm trying to merge/import my favorites/folders from MSN 8.5 into my Microsoft Outlook 2000. Can I do this? If not any suggestions on a method to transfer. Does anyone know how to print your favorites from MSN 8.5? Victor I believe that MSN 8.x is http mail and Outlook 2000 does not support http mail. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer victor <victoryoung@valornet.com> asked: | I'm trying to merge/import my favorites/folders from MSN | 8.5 into my Micro...

Fuzzy text in Insert Object>Microsoft Word Document
I have been banging me head against a wall trying to solve the following problem. First, I create "Document 1" which contains a graphic (.psd or .png) and a caption (Times New Roman, 10). This is saved in ".doc" format. Then I create "Document 2." I use "Insert Object>Microsoft Word Document" to insert Document 1 into Document 2. The problem is that the caption in Document 1 appears very blocky or fuzzy when it is displayed in Document 2. (I would guess the resolution is ~ 5-10 dpi. Very, very blocky.) This fuzziness carries over to the printed docume...

Stats microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (last 7 days) 04-26-10
"Caveat: Quantity is not necessarily a measure of Quality" Newsgroup.................: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general Stats Were Taken..........: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 08:11:32 GMT Stats Begin...............: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 08:31:21 GMT Stats End.................: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 07:10:01 GMT Days......................: 7 Total No. of Articles.....: 622 Total No. of Characters...: 1525394 Total Volume..............: 1489 Messages Per Day..........: 88.9 Characters Per Day........: 217913.4 Average Daily Volume......: 212 kB Total Posters This Week...:...

Help Qutlook 2002 and imbedded pictures missing?
I receive email with photos in the body of the email but when I forward the same message, the recipients do not get the pictures and when I look at sent mail - they aren't there either? JDS I receive email with photos in the body of the email but when I forward the same message, the recipients do not get the pictures and when I look at sent mail - they aren't there either? JDS I receive email with photos in the body of the email but when I forward the message, the recipients do not get the pictures and when I look at sent mail - they aren't there either? I receive ema...

Find certain "Text" in a specific coloum, add corres. values
Hi, I have two coloums. One has text and the other has Values. I need excel to search through a whole coloum, and summerize the results. My coloums look like as follows A 2 B 5 A 2 The results should look like A 4 B 2 How can I achieve this? Thanks Try =SUMIF(C1:C3,"A",D1:D3) This is quite expandable using sumproduct for a criteria in B and matching in C and then sum C. HTH Regards, Howard "Arum Khan" <Arum Khan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5EBFC7F-A263-424E-83A4-80B3DB14E603@microsoft.com... > Hi...

How to Keep My Job with Microsoft Certification, in This Economic Crisis Moment.
Hi friend I passed the exam of 70-086 yesterday and scored 956/1000, which is satisfying, but the most important thing is that I passed the exam. About the preparations: I spent three weeks on preparation, two weeks are used to study the MCSE Implementing and Supporting Systems Management Server 2.0 basics according to the emphasis of the exam. Learning objectively will help you to pass the exam successfully. Of course, only reading books is not very useful. Learning with practice is the most effective method. So I spent the last week on test. And I uesd http://www.pass4sure.nl/Microsoft/in...

Fonts get size 1 and can't be changed after a procedure
Hi, I have been using code to loop for each chtobj in a worksheet to set font size right etc. Sometimes an error occur and the size become 1 pt. I can live with that once or so, but I can't change the FONT BACK neither with code nor from excel chart GUI. No code are running in background during this of cource, I try even to change the font from Excel GUI with macro switched off. It can only be solved with building a new chartobject... Have any of you got this error, any knowing why it occure and what I can do about it? I thougt it was because some of the charts had no values or s...

How to backup Microsoft CRM
At our company we want to create full backups of the MS CRM system every night. But we don't want to stop any services to do so. Is this possible to do, or will CRM lock the database so other tools cannot access it. And what if we are running the backup and CRM want's to access data from sqlserver. Is there a way to ensure 24/7 support to our users? A second question is what to backup. Do we need to backup only the entire sqlserver database, or are other directories or settings needed? Are there any "Best Practices" on this subject, or Microsoft Guidelines? Thanks in adva...

How do I get my actuarial spreadsheets to comply with SOx?
Hello As I am sure many of you are aware, Sarbanes-Oxley has some very specific requirements for systems and also spreadsheets. I am trying to advise my actuaries on how best to secure their spreadsheets and wondered if anyone has some success stoires they can share. The guys currently use 300 interlinked spreadsheets and are trying to prove to PWC that the information they are producing is accurate in financial reporting terms. Cheers Steven ...

Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise for sale cheap
Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise includes the following: -Word -Excel -PowerPoint -Outlook -Publisher -Access -InfoPath -Groove -OneNote Email me at seuki7 at gmail.com if you're interested. ...

How to creat Organization from Excel file with alone picture file?
Dear All, We plan to create Organization Chart, and we hope all employees pictures are alone picture file, and they are saved in hard disk individually, and the file name is employee ID. The Excel file is like below. 0001 AAA D:\0001.jpg 0002 BBB D:\0002.jpg 0003 CCC D:\0003.jpg how can we create organization chart from this Excel file and show all pictures? Thanks in advance. ...

Getting Excel's charting capabilities from Access
Hi, i currently export from Access to Excel in order to leverage Excel's advanced charting features. Is there a way to generate those Excel charts directly from Access? thx vince In Access, you could use the TransferSpreadsheet method to send the data to Excel. Then, in your Excel workbook, you could use Workbook_Open code to create the chart as the file is opened. vince wrote: > Hi, > i currently export from Access to Excel in order to leverage Excel's > advanced charting features. > > Is there a way to generate those Excel charts directly from Access? > &...

2003 Microsoft Word Autotext
I am working with Autotext and notice under the toolbar there are several catagories: greeting, closing, etc. How do I change these names or make more catagories? Thanks for your time ...

Protecting certain cells only & Spell check
I have a protected worksheet with certain cells I do not want changed. I also have cells in which people can type text. But I noticed that when a worksheet is protected, spell check is grayed out. Is there any way to allow by text cells to be checked for spelling without unprotecting my worksheet? Or is there a way to protect cells from change without protecting the whole worksheet? Gus Requires VBA to unprotect the sheet, do the spellcheck then reprotect the sheet. Similar to....... Sub Spell_Check() ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="justme" Cells.CheckSpellin...

Look at these corrective pack from the Microsoft
--yrbmpuiagjroohkvh Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ksvjhtosvmsgrdvmc"; type="multipart/alternative" --ksvjhtosvmsgrdvmc Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="aoerbjpxvap" --aoerbjpxvap Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help protect your computer from th...