How do I get a CAD drawing to open in Visio?

I have Visio - standard. There is a cad drawing I want to open on our network
drive. How do I do this?
0
kar (2)
3/31/2006 9:14:03 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Go to File > Open in Visio and change the file type to DWG or DXF.  Visio
Standard may not have all the same CAD capabilities as Visio Professional.
The CAD support in Standard has varied from version to version.

--
Mark Nelson
Office Graphics - Visio

"kar" <kar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Visio - standard. There is a cad drawing I want to open on our
>network
> drive. How do I do this?

0
marknel (439)

in VBA Sheets("mysheet").Copy Before:=Sheets(1) how do i get a reference to the newly created copy of this sheet?
in VBA Sheets("mysheet").Copy Before:=Sheets(1) how do i get a reference to the newly created copy of this sheet? Hi Daniel, Try something like: Dim WB As Workbook Dim WS As Worksheet Set WB = ActiveWorkbook With WB .Sheets("Mysheet").Copy Before:=.Sheets(1) End With Set WS = ActiveSheet --- Regards, Norman "Daniel" <softwareengineer98037@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OdVZVvmgFHA.3088@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > in VBA Sheets("mysheet").Copy Before:=Sheets(1) how do i get a reference > to > th...

how do I stop opening attachments with wordpad
Can any-one help? thanks What are the attachments supposed to open in instead of Wordpad? Jobbie wrote: > Can any-one help? thanks "Jobbie" <Jobbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FB0112E-64D4-4F76-92B5-3BAF2DD4AE03@microsoft.com... > Can any-one help? thanks Attachments open with whatever application you've configured to use. Save an attachment to disk. Using Windows Explorer, right-click and choose Open With>Choose Program. Pick the program you want to use to open the file, check the box labeled "Always use the ...

Visio Crashes on XP Machines
This is happening with the XP machines here. If we goto the open file dialog through Visio, If we just hover the mouse over the .vsd and .vdx files for a few secounds, Visio Closes down automatically. pradeep mishra prads_in@yahoo.com prads_in@hotmail.com prads_in@rediffmail.com prads_in@indiatimes.com ...

Visio 2007: macros are disabled
i have Visio 2007 pro. i m trying to add a macro: tools > macro > macros... but then the "create" button is disabled. also the: tools > macro > record new macro... is disabled why? possibly tools => trust center => macro settings... al "shemesh" <shemesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFDCA5EA-36EF-421E-B3AA-96C01F8DF73C@microsoft.com... > i have Visio 2007 pro. > i m trying to add a macro: tools > macro > macros... > but then the "create" button is disabled. > > also the: tools > macro > r...

how to disable update links message when opening files
Hi I have approx 200 simple templates all of which are the same in layout, i'm using a simple macro which uses a loop to open each file pick up bits of info and lay it out on a list. The problem i have is some of these files have external links and when the macro opens them i get the message "Do i want to update links" which also pauses the macro until i click update or dont update. Is it possible to put a code within the macro which automatically selects dont update if a file has links. I've displayalerts = false but this doesnt seem to work thanks in ...

How can I instantly delete emails? I get a strikethrough + purge

Outlook Express Attachments
I can receive attachments and see then on incoming emails, but can't click to open or save. Anyone had this problem? Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express After You Install SP1 http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329570 OLEXP: Using Virus Protection Features in OLEXP 6 (OE removed access to the unsafe attachments in your email) http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291387 The articles will tell you to go to 'Tools|Options|Security' and remove the checkmark from the fourth box down, the one labeled "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potential...

How do I indicate UML sequence diagram loops in Visio?
The UML specification has something called critical regions which I can not find in Visio. It is in chapter 14 of the Superstructure. Interaction operators are an attribute of the combined fragment. I would be grateful if someone can suggest to me how these interaction boxes are to be implemented with Visio. Thanks in advance. On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 17:18:00 -0700, DougE <DougE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >The UML specification has something called critical regions which I can not >find in Visio. It is in chapter 14 of the Superstructure. Interaction >operators ...

delete open inventory transfer
What sql command would you use to delete only OPEN inventory transfer in HQ, but not effect closed or partial transfer? Thanks Dave HI DCR, run the below query to accomplish your task. delete from purchaseorderentrydetail where purchaseorderentryid in (select id from purchaseorderentry where purchaseorderid in (select id from purchaseorder where POType between 2 AND 5 and status=0)) delete from purchaseorderentry where purchaseorderid in (select id from purchaseorder where POType between 2 AND 5 and status=0) delete from purchaseorder where POType between 2 AND 5 and status=0 I also ...

Global Template Message Pops Up When Opening Word 2007
I just made modifications to the Normal.dotm file in Word 2007. Everything seemed to be going well, up until I opened Word 2007 again. Now every time I start Word, a dialogue box appears with the following message: 'The Global template, NORMAL.DOTM, is already open as an add-in program'. My only option is to click on 'OK' and then it disappears. Does anyone know how to get rid of this message??? Sounds like you have a copy of Normal.dotm (or a shortcut to it) in the Word or Office Startup folder? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Ty...

how do I get the FROM field to not show
I have a user who is using Outlook 2003 on XP Pro. when she starts a new email she has: From: To: CC: Subject: How do I get rid of the "From:" field? She has no idea how she turned it on and I can't see how to turn it off.... Thanks Kelvin "Kelvin" <me@mydomain.com> wrote in message news:elzCUTEpKHA.1552@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have a user who is using Outlook 2003 on XP Pro. > when she starts a new email she has: > From: > To: > CC: > Subject: > > How do I get rid of the "From:" field? If...

How to get one field to update based on a selection from a drop do
New to Access. I want to create a form that coworkers can use to lookup information in a database for inputting data into a PO as well as submit new records into the database. I want to have a control that is a combo drop down box where the can select a row from a list of items in a specified field and based on that selection it will update the below text box control with the corresponding data in the field next to it on the database. Make sense? Basically need to figure out how to update one control based on data selected from the drop down box control above it??? Private Sub...

Excel 2003: Creating a dashboard and smaller charts get squished
Hi- I'm creating a dashboard with some large and small line charts using the "Camera" functionality. The display looks great, but when I click Print Preview or Print, the chart area on the smaller charts gets squished and unreadable. I have to exit without saving in order for the charts areas to be viewable. Any suggestions? Hi, As with any graphic, if you make it too small the print preview screen may not be able to display it properly, and for you printer the print drivers and maximum resolution will effect the printout. I made a small Camera tool chart and in print...

how do I get navigation buttons to turn pages for a book
I have a book that I created, 2 page view. I want to convert the publication to a form that can be viewed in web form with navigation buttons at the bottom to turn the pages. After I converted to a web publication, I inserted navigation buttons, but it shows buttons for every page. I want it to show next and last buttons only. How can I get this done. Appreciate any assistance. Thank you. ...

Auto-refresh Pivot Table upon opening
Over the past couple of days, I have been asking questions about a macro that auto-refreshes a pivot table upon opening it (meanwhile I have a macro that works). Yesterday I noticed that the Pivot Table options (Excel 2002) provides an option "refresh on open." Does selecting this option do exactly what I was looking for? Yes, the "Refresh on open" setting will do what you want, unless the worksheet is protected. If it is protected, you can run a macro when the workbook opens, to unprotect, refresh, and protect. K. Georgiadis wrote: > Over the past couple of da...

Getting Data from Excel Graph onto New Speadsheet
I am trying to get the information that I have plotted, on a scatted graph, off onto the second sheet an splitting the information. I'm not too sure if this is the right place for this thread, but I am hoping that someone can help? The original data that is on the graph is in 3 columns. One has the company name, one is the current value and one is the predicted value. I need this info to come off the graph or from the original data in 2 fields. Customer and predicted value, but they need to be prioritized. 1 needs to be the one with the lowest current and highest potential. 2 needs...

Changing the background colour on Visio?
Hi - does anyone know how to change the background colour on Visio 2003? I can't find a plain background template that allows you to choose your own colour. I've changed the background settings to grey, but it still prints out white so I must be doing something wrong. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated. Hi Marcia I'm having the same problem, did oyu ever figure out how to print the background color? Thanks! Paul "Marcia" <Marcia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8734E84-40BE-429F-A403-5B193942AAA8@microsoft.com... > H...

*** URGENT ***
Hi Folks, I need help. When I try to open a spreadsheet in Excel '97. It is telling me that the spreadsheet is already open and can not open twice. Please help me fix that problem. Thanks. Luc There are a couple of suggestions in the Excel FAQs shown here: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen Luc Aub´┐Ż wrote: > I need help. When I try to open a spreadsheet in Excel '97. It is telling > me that the spreadsheet is already open and can not open twice. Please help > me fix that problem. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www....

Getting a timeout when saving activities
When anybody tries to save an Activity, we get a timeout error. This worked fine until a couple of days ago and I do not think anything has changed. i can create an account just fine. Anybody experience this? I am at a loss. The error in the event log shows: MSCRM Platform Error Report -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Timeout expired Error Message: Timeout expired Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Stack Tra...

Cannot open Outlook #9
I'm new to Outlook, and just got an e-mail account from my employer. After several futile minutes trying to find my inbox after signing in to office.microsoft.com, I thought I'd try finding it by opening Outlook. It was the first time I opened it, and I began filling in my e-mail info. I got to the questions about my ISP and other technical stuff and decided I was in over my head, so I hit Cancel. After reading up on how to fill that info in, I tried to reopen Outlook to enter the info, but instead it told me it couldn't access my default e-mail and shut down. I have th...

How do I get an activation code for Microsoft office (Student fre
I have tried repeatedly to find the activation code for the free student version of microsoft office?? -- sirteped nod "sirteped" <sirteped@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8916B043-BEA4-434A-BF11-0C983BB3A80C@microsoft.com... > I have tried repeatedly to find the activation code for the free student > version of microsoft office?? > -- > sirteped nod There is no FREE Student version of Office. All that work for longer than a short time you have to pay for. There is a 60 day trial that you can download and when you do that th...

How can I open Internet Explorer8 window maximized?
I am using Window XP. Within an IE8 page, if I click a link, it will open a new window with small size. Is there a way to open it in full size? I try ctrl, or shift key to max it and exit it, but they did not work. Thank a lot. Chris Any window you want to resize permanently must be the /last/ window closed. Grab the corners of the window and drag it to full screen size. Do not use Maximize. Close all other windows first via the Taskbar and this one last. Windows will remember the *last* screen size used the next time you open the program. -- Bru...

How do you get a TRUE refresh of a Pivot table
Oh Pivot tables are so good and boy, do they save on calc time and size of file! BUT.........I notice that if some of the data it relies on is changed, by some magic, it still remembers the old data and, that old data will also be shown in the table unless you physically delete those references using the drop downs. I have found that sometimes you can clear the old references by re-running the wizard backwards as it seems to refresh those references. But that doesn't work in all situations. Is there a way to remove old references automatically AND how is it possible that they still exist?...

want to draw electrical schematics in Visio
Where do i find electrical schematic symbols for Visio? I would like to be able to create simple schematics for my clients. If you have Visio 2007Pro they should be included, otherwise have a look at Paul Herber's site: http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/ "George@fusionsecurity" wrote: > Where do i find electrical schematic symbols for Visio? I would like to be > able to create simple schematics for my clients. ...

cannot open shapes properties with Visio std 2007
Whatever I do (double-click, right click then go to properties, access the properties from the menu shape) I cannot open properties of any shape in Visio. Actually it's like Visio ignoring my action. very frustrating indeed. Any clue ? Thks, Franck On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 16:11:00 -0800, FT <FT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Whatever I do (double-click, right click then go to properties, access the >properties from the menu shape) I cannot open properties of any shape in >Visio. Actually it's like Visio ignoring my action. I wonder if it might be that the win...