how do I delete the title bar from a cross functional flow chart?

I am using visio 2003. I nned more space for my flow chart so want to get rid
of the title bar, or reduce it in size.
0
Newton (7)
2/20/2006 4:15:28 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

"Calculation" in status bar
I have one woorkbook that the "Calculation" lite in the status bar stays on. I do not have "manual calculation" turned on. How can I fix? Not sure if this is the issue... XL: Calculate Message Remains in Status Bar If 65,536 Formula References http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;243495&Product=xlw HTH -- Dana DeLouis Win XP & Office 2003 "rich" <rmeyer@glenoaksescrow.com> wrote in message news:2da801c4ad68$639ec4d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I have one woorkbook that the "Calculation" lite in the > status bar ...

Conditional charts
Is there a way to change the color of a chart bar based on the value of the cell that generates that particular bar? In other words, I have a chart with 15 vertical bars and I want to change the color of one or more of the bars if its value goes above 100% (but not all of the bars). JWeinberg Jon Peltier has instructions for conditional charts: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart Jeff wrote: > Is there a way to change the color of a chart bar based on the value of the > cell that generates that particular bar? In other words, I have a chart > wi...

excel charts #24
Is it possible to freeze a chart in excel and then add another chart with different column widths without having the changes affect the first chart? Hi, Move off the chart, press the Shift or Ctrl keys and select the chart. Then right-click it and choose Format Object On the Properties sheet select Don't move or size with cells -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Lorena" wrote: > Is it possible to freeze a chart in excel and then add another chart with > different column widths without having the changes affect the first chart? ...

Can I delete my switchboard and make a new one?
I do not like my switchboard and would like to delete this one and start all over. But when I did delete it I couldn't make another one, because I couldn't delete the default. What should I do?Thanks,Dustin Just delete the form and the table that were created by the wizard, then start over.-- Rick B"Dustin" <Dustin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42F94A44-9352-4D02-9104-65593869B271@microsoft.com...>I do not like my switchboard and would like to delete this one and start >all> over. But when I did delete it I couldn't make another one, beca...

New mail appearing as old deleted item
When new mail arrives in inbox an old long deleted item appears in place of the new mail showing in bold as new mail. The real new mail is not visible at all and is therefore lost. This problem also used to happen in Windows Mail so I bought Outlook 2007 but it still happens intermittantly. -- Kate What do you see in your Unread Mail folder? "Kate B" <KateB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9A95DD7-CFC4-423F-9B2B-F8B72177E2CE@microsoft.com... > When new mail arrives in inbox an old long deleted item appears in place of > the new mail...

Algrebraic Functions
How would you solve a function with input 1 output 8. Then input 2 output 14. next input 3 output is blank then input is blank Output is 24. the input is blank and the out put is 28. Finally, the input is 6 and the output is blank. It occurred to me that if you assume the input blanks are 4 and 5, then you could use the Add Trendline option within Excel charts to show you what the potential functions could be. Try plotting x: 1, 2, (blank cell), 4, 5 against y: 8, 14, (blank cell), 24, 28 Use an x-y scatter chart and, when plotted, right click on a data point an...

Create interactive pivot table chart based on item selected
I'm trying to remember how to drag a chart object to the top left cell of a pivot table thus displaying a charted image of the detail item selected. Any suggestions? ...

Deleting record from bindingsource
Hi I have a winform app with form control bound to a binding source TblClientsBindingSource. The binding source has a data table as its data source as per below code; dAdapter = New OleDbDataAdapter("SELECT * FROM tblClients WHERE ...", Conn) dAdapter.Fill(dTable) TblClientsBindingSource.DataSource = dTable My question is; how do I delete the record currently pointed to by the binding source from the backend database table tblClients? Thanks Regards John wrote: > Hi > > I have a winform app with form control bound to a binding source &g...

Auto expanding X Axis for Chart
I have a chart setup, currently with reference to 31 cells width. The chart looks great if the user places a value in each of the 31 cells, however if there are only say 20 values placed across the cell row, the chart is displayed over to one side, with nil values displayed where no dat values were entered. Is there a way to have the chart automatically vary the width depending on the amount of values entered across the refernced row of cells? If there was only 20 values entered, then the chart would show 1-20 charted and leave out the 21-31. Corey.... EXCEL 2007...

Changing Titles by a formula
From cell A1:A10 I have standard titles that are linked to another sheet. I only need to change the office and date per each title. Is thier a way to do that making the office and date a formula in another cell? example of title ABC Comp, Office 38L Sales as of 6/07/2004 I need to only keep changeing the 38L and date. Any suggestions----Thanks Say Office # is in Column 'C' in cell A1: ="ABC Comp, Office "&C1&" Sales as of "&Today() ----- Heather wrote: ----- From cell A1:A10 I have standard titles that are linked to ...

Publishing Microsoft Excel Charts to the Web
I routinely publish Excel charts to a web site for viewing in a web browser. When I do so, the charts are too large to fit on one screen without scrolling. Is there a way to make the charts fit the size of the user's browser window when you publish them? Jim - Embed the charts in a worksheet (right click, Location, As Object In: Sheet Name), and size them to fit before exporting. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Jim wrote: > I routinely publish Excel charts to a web site f...

Deleting Folders
Hi, I have all my accounts synchronised. I have inadvertently deleted a folder with many sub-folders under my local folders. Does anyone know if I can retrieve and how? Appreciate any help. This info. is very important. In case of Exchange; Tools-> Recover Deleted Items... In case of a pst; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Jac" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

can't change/delete bills and deposits
suddenly one day i realized that when i tried to change a bill, i could click "ok" but nothing would happen. I thought it was because i upgraded to 2004, so i deleted the bills and rescheduled. about 5 of the bills will not delete either. the error message is: "Money could not write to your Money file. The operation could not be performed or another application finished this task before you. Please try again." Now some of the newly scheduled bills will not allow me to change the properties, i click ok but nothing happens when i edit the series. I have repaired ...

How do I show a data table with legend keys in a line chart?
I am having trouble inserting a data table with legend keys into a line chart that contains a horizontal target line. Can anyone help me? Hi, I tried it in both 2007 and 2003 and had no problems. We need more infomation, can you post a sample of the chart somewhere. The only issue I have is that the target line is displayed on the data table, which I would prefer that it not be. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "excelbanker" wrote: > I am having trouble inserting a data table with legend keys into a line chart > that contains a horizontal target line. Can anyone he...

Changing Functional Currency #4
Try to change the functional currency to Z-CNY. ERROR = Activity for this currency already exist. Finance made 2 GL transactions. Can we remove the transactions (Tools >> Utilities >> Financial >> Remove History) or (File >> Maintenance >> Clear Data ) then change the functional currency? Which tables should I remove history or clear data. Can someone on the board help us? regards, Once you process a transaction, you are stuck with the functional currency. I have not seen a table fix for this problem on the board. Consider creating a new database an...

Modifing data to show up better in chart.
My Y1 axis is from 0-250 my Y2 axis is from 0-9000 When graphing percentages the line shows up at the very bottom since 99% < 1 is there a way I can multiply these percentages by 100 to show them as 9900% = 99 Normally you would just make then a 2nd axis but as you can see I already have a second axis of 0-9000 In article <A9E6F75B-7307-4291-BC7D-729F9DF88D50@microsoft.com>, MikePunko@discussions.microsoft.com says... > My Y1 axis is from 0-250 my Y2 axis is from 0-9000 > When graphing percentages the line shows up at the very bottom since 99% < 1 > is there a way I...

Movie of Charts desired
I'm having alot of trouble trying to show charts repeatedly. I change the data that is the 'source' of the chart, but even with a 'refresh' it doesn't want to show anything, till the last one. What gives? Any general hints or clues appreciated. Thanks. Ken Where is the chart(s)? How are you changing the source? What do you refresh? How do you refresh? What doesn't show until what last one? -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <...

Creating Charts for Use in Powerpoint
I have a series of charts that I need to create for a Powerpoin presentation. I thought it would be easy to just create the charts/graphs in Exce and then just cut and paste to the PP-Slides. I'm finding that it isn' quite that easy. Here are some of my problems that I hope someone might be able to she some light on and give me some direction. 1. In Excel how do you control the size of the chart? - When I create a chart 1 and define the data ranges I get a goo looking chart then I thouht, why reinvent the wheel so I just copy th chart to create chart 2 and change the data range, but...

GP 8.0 Shortcut Bar
I am running into a problem adding the Employee Maint Card to the Shortcut Bar/ Navigation Pane. Anyone ever run into this? Workaround? -- Amanda I believe you are correct. When you upgrade to v9, you will be able to add the window to the shortcut bar. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Amanda" wrote: > I am running into a problem adding the Employee Maint Card to the Shortcut > Bar/ Navigation Pane. Anyone ever run into this? Workaround? > -- > Amanda ...

vba to prevent display of default series in doughnut chart
I am generating a doughnut chart using VBA and am having two immediat issues: 1) I am using the following line to ensure that the default chart tha is generated when I invoke the Charts.Add method is a doughnut chart: Application.SetDefaultChart FormatName:=xlDoughnut Is there a more elegant approach to ensuring that any chart create ends up being a doughnut chart, maybe when invoking the Charts.Ad method? I have tried to specify ChartType = xlDoughnut after th Charts.Add method but this does not do the trick every time (see cod snippet below). 2) When the doughnut chart is added (immediat...

Putting Excel Charts into a Word document that's getting too big
I am creating a Word document (our Annual Report) in which I will have many charts and graphs that were created in Excel. Currently, there will be at least 26 graphs/charts in the document. In the past, there have apparently been problems with not having enough space to save the Word document because it gets too big. The document itself is only about 36 pages, but, as I mentioned, within the 36 pages are at least 26 graphs and charts. I'm looking for a way to copy the graphs/charts into Excel without it taking so much memory. One solution we thought of was to only paste the gra...

"Delete it from Server" Not Deleting From Server
Hello...and thank you for whatever assistance you might be able to render. I have set a message rule, in OE, which calls for certain messages to be deleted from the server. If I understand this part of the rule correctly, this means the message will never be downloaded...and that it will be completely deleted at the server level, so that it isn't counting against my server disk storage level, either. Figuring I'm correct in that presumption--and please let me know if I'm wrong--I seem to have some messages making it through that should absolutely be deleted at th...

How do I create a chart in Excel using data from two worksheets
I am trying to create a chart using data from two separate worksheets but it will only allow me to use the information from one. Here is one way: I made a chart from data in A10:B20 on sheet1 (A was the x-category data) I copied some cells from Sheet2, right clicked in chart area of chart and used Paste After the copy, I could have left clicked the chart and used Edit | Paste Special to specify more about the data I want to paste. Try it and come back with more questions. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "cdptuesdays" <...

T.Valko function
Morning. Back in January I'd posted looking for some help on a function, and T.Valko helped, solving my issue. In using the function, I've run across something I was not expecting, and need to now solve that. The original post was: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&query=Steve&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions&p=1&tid=487ddd9f-1b00-466c-ab5d-6f72a2f875a6&mid=487ddd9f-1b00-466c-ab5d-6f72a2f875a6 The problem that I've now recognized is that if there is a bla...

X Axis needed for Line Chart #2
I have created two line images on a Line Chart using several data points. Now I would like to have an x axis that shows a marker for every 1/2 hour. Example: .5 1.0 1.5 2.0 2.5 3.0 and so on for up to 5.0 to represent hours. I created the data for these time points that coorespond to my data for line images but do not know how to show them in my x axis as markers. Any idea? My x axis shows nothing? Y axis is fine. I have data scale markers there. -- FL Does the chart know you have X data? Go to Chart menu > Source Data > Series tab. Is there anything in the ...