Here is fix for Windows file problems

If you have installed a Windows update and started having problems opening,
closing, copying files,  see:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc&mid=1fe358b1-c8eb-4217-ad2a-4b9fcf741916
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

MS Money 95 data files

SQL deadlock problem

docmd.transfertext problem

Exchange update problem

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Where is the workspace file stored?

cant start outlook pst file to large

Excel Problem

SOAP Exception

office 2010 and windows 7
word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have to do a hard reboot (power down). any idea as to why? system is windows 7 ultimate, office 2010. Right-click My Computer, Disconnect Network Drive. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "KPTools" <support@kptools.com> wrote in message news:0F5ACF22-111A-416A-BECC-8E83543259AE@microsoft.com... > word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger > (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have t...

Pop Up Windows
Several sites pop up smaller windows with advertising. The opop up blocker does not stop these smaller ad windows. How do I stop them? -- Larry "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0B01C98-66BF-4FA5-8CED-0C434CCCFC62@microsoft.com... > Several sites pop up smaller windows with advertising. The opop up blocker > does not stop these smaller ad windows. How do I stop them? > -- > Larry You don't. They LOOK like a pop up to you, but the designer that wrote the page made them not conform to the rules that define the...

opening .bak file

Trying to read XML file into dataset

Border problems

How do I save a Publisher Document as a JPEG file?
I have multliple scanned photos that posted to a Publisher document and I need to email it. I want to save the document as Jpeg, but it doesn't give me that option even when I choose "Save As". Please help!!! I desperately need to sent this email and it's not working!! Desperately seeking jpeg wrote: > I have multliple scanned photos that posted to a > Publisher document and I need to email it. I want to > save the document as Jpeg, but it doesn't give me that > option even when I choose "Save As". Please help!!! I > desperately need to...

Accessing the same PST file from multiple WinXP Pro IDs
I am running a Windows NT 4.0 network with workstations with Windows XP Pro. One user has Outlook 2000 on his notebook. He has a profile to log on to the machine itself (i.e. not on the Windows NT domain) for when he's "on the road" and one for logging on to the NT network domain to use the printers and network facilities. On my personal notebook I have Office XP and I was able to configure Outlook's data files (Tools -> Options -> Mail Setup -> Data Files) so that I would access the same PST file under both profiles. I cannot figure out how/if this is poss...

Outlook 2002 XP SP 3 Archive problem
Hi there I am trying to get my newly configured outlook to archive my folders. I have ust configured it to download two POP email accounts and that works fine. I have set up a set of folders below my outlook (Personal Folders / pst) inbox node and placed the relevant emails in the corresponding folders. I have gone into tools -> options -> other -> and pressed the "AutoArchive..." button -> and set the "clean out folders older than" selection boxes to "3" and "Months" and pressed the "apply these setting to all folders" button. I ...

Please Help w/ Large Excel File
Hello everyone. I have this Excel file that has drawing text box objects in the document. When I delete a text box the attributes still are present, but just not showing. It is continually growing my file size. When I export the document to HTML after deleting all the text box drawing objects and saving the file, the text box objects still show as vtextbox elements in this file. I tried to reproduce this with a new Excel workbook but could not. I would be greatful if anyone can figure this out, as I have a lot of documents to re-create if there is no solution. Thank you. exce...

Windows wont start with USB printer plugged in
I have now got two club members that can not start Windows if their USB printer is connected. In both cases the computer goes to the BIOS splash screen and freezes. In one case it is a Dell Computer with an HP printer. In the second case it is an HP Computer with an Epson printer. If you remove the printer USB cable, the computer starts and load the desktop just fine. Then you can plug the printer cable in and use the printer computer and printer. But if the printer USB cable is connected, printer power off or on, then the computer go to the BIOS splash screen. Dell in one case,...

Handling MRU File List
I have an SDI style app that has a list of recently used files on the FILE menu. How do I handle what happens when one of those filenames is selected from the menu ? -- Lordy Lordy wrote: > I have an SDI style app that has a list of recently used files on the > FILE menu. How do I handle what happens when one of those filenames is > selected from the menu ? > > > > MFC's processing of an MRU selection is a subset of the processing of a File Open command. So you probably don't have to do anything to support the MRU list. For both a File Open and a...

sending Access files
Is there a quick and easy way to send access files without Outlook blocking them. I exchange files with a limited selection of people so am happy that what I am sending and receiving is OK. I know that I can use WizZip but the knowledge database also suggests changing the .mdb extension. I don't know how to do this. Do I just right click over the file and choose open with Word? Or maybe there is a simpler way. Thanks When you send a file type that on Microsoft's potentially dangerous list, you get a message informing you that the recipient may not be able to access the file on...