having something show up

how can i hover over a word and have a box show up or click on the word and
have word come up. like the one in www.zyrtec.com?
0
Amy (241)
1/20/2005 7:19:01 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Check out Insert > Shape ScreenTip to see if this accomplishes your task.

--
Mark Nelson
Microsoft Corporation

"amy" <amy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how can i hover over a word and have a box show up or click on the word
> and
> have word come up. like the one in www.zyrtec.com?

0
marknel (439)

Area that duplicate showing what I type in a cell is missing.
I am missing the blank area that duplicates what I type in a cell - it duplicates it near the top of the Excel Page. All at once it has disappeared. If I correct anything in a cell I have to go to the cell --- I prefer going up to the top sometimes and correcting it in that area. But that area is GONE. From the View Menu select Formula Bar. Regards Rowan bojoco wrote: > I am missing the blank area that duplicates what I type in a cell - it > duplicates it near the top of the Excel Page. All at once it has disappeared. > If I correct anything in a cell I have to go to the cell...

show pivot table detail in same cell
I would like to create a report using following sample data in excel ticket , monthly release , application 111-fix login bug , 2006-06 , ABC 112-improve logging , 2006-06 , ABC 113-enhance blah blah , 2006-07 , XYZ 114-fix performance issue , 2006-08 , ABC 115-implement cash app , 2006-08 , XYZ using this data I would like to create following report (application roadmap) i.e. which ticket would be implemented in which monthly release...

how can I show 0 values in a pivot chart?
I want to see 0 values on my pivot table, ie: 10 8 6 x 4 x 2 x Jan Feb Mar June 6 4 0 2 But March lable disappears, I get: 10 8 6 x 4 x 2 x Jan Feb June 6 4 2 Can anyone help? Hi Liz, Turn on the Show items with no data option. What version of Excel are you using? -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "LizPM" wrote: > I want to see 0 values on my pivot table, ie: > 10 > 8 > 6 x > 4 x > 2 x > Jan Feb Mar June > > 6 4 0 2 > But March lable disappears, I get: > > 10 > 8 ...

Iff statement to show pictures
Is it possible to use Iff statement to show pictures Actually I am trying to use tow different pictures on the form if the value is less than 0 or higher than 0 example =IIf([Text135]<0,"","Pictue B") =IIf([Text135]>0,"Pictue A","") How can I Do This so far i am unable to fix this issue Regards Aamer You can nest IIf statements. It's not really clear what you're trying to do, since your sample code doesn't actually assign a value if the value is less than 0. Assuming you want Picture B if it's...

Show stdev errorbars on pivot bar chart
I have made a pivot bar chart using excel 2003, and I would like to show error bars on this bar chart. The values for the bars are averages of a certain quantity. The values for the errorbars should be the stdev of this quantity. It is possible to add error bars in the existing chart using "Format data series", but that only works for one particular chart. If I update the underlying data or plot other quantities, then the errorbars are gone. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Like all custom formatting in pivot charts, refreshing the data clears the formatting. Microsof...

Problem showing full category list after upgrade from Money 03 to
I just upgraded from Money 2003 to 2007. When I select : Microsoft Money Settings -> Category settings -> Show Full Category List I receive the following error message: Money encountered an error and must cancel this operation. Please try again later. Is there any way to find out more about what is going wrong? ...

Option to only invoice if something is fulfilled
Currently if the fulfilled is 0 with the option to invoice even partial fulfillments, the while quantity is set to invoice. Make it an option that qty to invoice only follow qty fulfilled. so if fulfilled is 0 so is qty to invoice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the ...

Show contents from cell
The function I am trying to figure out is this: =IF(ISBLANK(E2),"",IF(N2<2,"Next" <here if N2 is <2 show contents from cell G1>))) I want to show contents from cell G1 to the above function, how do I do this? Thanks, Rube I think you want the following: =IF(ISBLANK(E2),"",IF(N2<2,G1,"not specified")) You have not specified what you want to happen if N2>=2. Are you sure you mean G1 and not G2? Hope this helps. Pete ...

showing unread items in public folder
I setup some public folders on my exchange 2003 box. This folder has an email address associated with it, which accepts mail. I noticed in the properties for the folder there is an option to "show number of unread items" or "show number of total items". These two options are greyed out for me. Any idea how to enable these options? thanks! Sean ...

Emails not showing up in Outlook but can be seen on Webmail
I've got several clients saying that in Outlook 2003 and Express its saying they have new email but none of these new emails are in their inboxes. so i told them to log into webmail, and they can see the emails there... all of these clients are using IMAP and could have very large inboxes.. what could be the problem here? why isnt outlook downloading the emails properly? Do they have LAN or WAN access? -- Jonathan No Warrenties Implied, Did you do a FULL backup today?????? "beanfieldtech@gmail.com" wrote: > I've got several clients saying that in Outlook 2003 and E...

A formula that only shows the number of ex: "A" in a column and
Hi! Can i make a formula that only shows the number of ex: "A" in a column and ignore any hidden rows that result from filtering. Maybe i ca combine =SUBTOTAL(3;P:P) and =COUNTIF($P:$P;"=A") in some way? Regards Gunnar Gunnar, You basically need to reproduce your filtering: =SUMPRODUCT((P1:P10="A")*(B1:B10="B")*(C1:C10="C")*1) HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Gunnar Sandstr´┐Żm" <gunnar.sandstrom@ericsson.com> wrote in message news:c9n09c$hh2$1@newstree.wise.edt.ericsson.se... > Hi! > Can i make a formula that only shows ...

help with lookup or something else
I want to write a formula, say in cell E2 that picks the correct price based on valume Entered in Cell D1. Suppose I have a table set up with volume vs price. sush as: Column A B C D E Row 1 From TO PRICE Volume Entered ?? Row 2 500 600 $1.20 Row 3 601 700 $0.99 Etc... down the row. I know I can use vlookup ordinarily but now there are two columns. If volumn is between 500 to 600 then the price is one thing, if volumn is between a different braket is something else.....

Outlook slow showing messages.
Any advise on , when viewing messages through outlook 2002, When you highlight the message it takes about 15 - 30 seconds to show the message in the Preview plane. The longer the outlook is open the longer it gets between messages. Any help would be great on this... Brad Mc ...

How do I show a percentage in Excel? Or do a simple subtraction?
I'm making a spreadsheet showing every mortgage payment I make split into: Payment Taxes Insurance Interest Principal Balance Based on the fixed payment amount every month, the fixed Tax and Insurance amounts every month and the difference in Balance from payment to payment, calculating what percent of the payment and the dollar amount that went to interest and what percent of the payment and the dollar amount that went to pricipal is pretty remedial - but I can't find the function to insert under Interest and Principal to calcul...

Print not showing on paper when printed
-- To be myself is the most important thing!!! Interesting! Using white ink? No print area assigned? Please provide some details. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 16:26:01 -0700, Citripio <citripio@discussion.microsoft.com> wrote: A couple more.............. Printer cartridge(s) out of ink? Font is colored white and you are printing in color? Gord On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 16:36:54 -0700, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote: >Interesting! > >Using white ink? > >No print area assigned? > >Please provide some details. > > >...

i want excel to show the first tab upon opening, not the second
when i open my spreadsheet, it always opens with the second sheet prominent, rather than the first. how can i change this? Hi, You will need VB for that. Alt+F11 to open VB editor. Double click 'ThisWorkbook' and paste the code below in on the right. For it to work you must enable macros on opening Private Sub Workbook_Open() Application.Goto Sheets(2).Range("A1") End Sub -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "robs...

Showing Percent
I have a column chart showing count on the Y axis and Categories on the X axis. Is there a way to show the percent for each category above each column? I looked at Chart Options - Data Labels and the Show Percent is grayed out. Thanks! Steve Debra, Thank you for the help - it works great! The nice thing about it is that once the add-in is applied to a worksheet, you can copy the workbook to another computer that doesn't have the add-in and the labels will also work there. Steve "Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contextures.com> wrote in message news:3F19C51C.4060403@contextur...

Mobile adevices not showing up in mobil admin
Several people have used there devices to sync to our exchange 2003 server. The problem is when I use the mobile admin web page I never see any activity under the transaction log. I also get an error when I go to the remote wipe page and try to lookup a user. Any ideas of what might be going on? TIA Josh "Josh" <J o S H@computers.com> wrote: >Several people have used there devices to sync to our exchange 2003 server. >The problem is when I use the mobile admin web page I never see any activity >under the transaction log. Unless you told it to "wipe...

Sent email show up in Inbox
Hi Why do all my sent emails from Outlook show up in my Inbox. That is reflected in OE and in Windows Live Mail. Thanks Don What does OE have to do with Outlook's Inbox? Where are you sending the mail from (seems like Outlook) but which Inbox is it showing up in? "Don S." <dis933@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ujBcXaWRKHA.4692@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi > > Why do all my sent emails from Outlook show up in my Inbox. That is > reflected in OE and in Windows Live Mail. Using a Gmail account via POP3? Perfectly normal then; http://mail.googl...

Need help with showing Totals
I have a clustered cylinder chart. Along the x-axis, I have the average test score per exam per class. For example, in the first cluster I have the average test score for five exams in the Science class. In the second cluster, I have the average test score for five exams in the Mathematics class, etc. For each average test score, I would like to display the total number of students that took the test above each score. In looking through several of the previous answers in this discussion group, I think I need to add a dummy series and plot the total number of students aga...

excel should show 4 dimensional charts
For several years I have had an idea for an exciting development to charting in general, and specifically applying it to excel. I have often thought of writing a plug-in but have finally accepted that I will never get around to it so I throw the idea into the community for someone else to run with: The idea is straight-forward; create another dimension to the ranges selected for a chart (time being the most obvious but any dimension would work) and create multiple instances of the original two or three dimensional chart, using the exact smae formatting. Then, when viewing, have a '...

Moving the Show Desktop to the Left Side of the Screen?
Has anyone tried this posted at the following link? If so, if it does not work or you don't like it, can you get back: http://forums.techarena.in/customize-desktop/1119228.htm Restore classical Taskbar in Windows 7 1. Right-click on a blank area of the taskbar and, remove the checkmark from the item "Lock the taskbar; if there is" 2. Right-click on a blank area of the taskbar and select "Properties" from the context menu 3. Put the checkmark next to "use small icons" 4. Select "Never combine" from the drop-down menu located...

showing the work of different resources depending on their unit
Hi, when you have just one resource you can see in the column "work" which workload this resource has in the specific process. Is it also possible to see the specific workload of a resource in the gantt-view, when u have several resources for one process? i already see their unit in %, but i would like to know what this means in hrs, without to calculate it by hand. Thx a lot, rgds emeurer -- asdasdasdasd123 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ asdasdasdasd123's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/175470.htm Vi...

Urgent !!!!!
I tape all data and add the font colour, but when i preview file & print , it can't show the colour, why? Could it be that you are previewing a print for a black-and-white printer? Kind regards, Marcel Kreijne Quandan - Steunpunt voor spreadsheetgebruikers (Quandan - dutch supportsite for spreadsheetusers) www.quandan.nl "Eva" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:5812EE04-51AB-4AB7-8A80-C9F6994C8B97@microsoft.com... > I tape all data and add the font colour, but when i preview file & print , it can't show the colour, why? See ...

Area Chart showing percentage?
I'm a newbie that created an Area Chart using the Graph Wizard. It's almost what I need, except the Y-axis shows an accumulated count of the values. What I need is to normalized the values so that they represent a percentage. E.g., the total across the X-Axis is always 100% and the chart shows the percentage contribution of each value being plotted. 100--------------------------------- 80___ _________ _ 60 \/ /\ \___/ 40 /\______/ \ __ 20/ \_____/ 0---------------------------------- The SQL generated by the Wizard: TRANSFO...