Generate SQL code from Visio

How does Visio generate SQL code, table create scripts from the entities
modelled ?
0
Anthony2219 (255)
12/1/2004 8:25:03 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

> How does Visio generate SQL code, table create scripts from the entities
> modelled ?

I'm assuming by your question that you are using the pro version, in which
case the answer is that it doesn't.

However, you can download the utility on my website (free, url below) and
the xslt available on the add-ons page which will export the model as XML
and translate it into SQL DDL respectively.

Hope that helps,
Scot.
Scot Becker

Orthogonal Software
www.orthogonalsoftware.com

ORM Blog: www.objectrolemodeling.com

To e-mail me, please use my first name at the domain listed above. All mail
sent to the reply-to address gets routed to a junk e-mail folder where it
will likely be deleted without being read.

Lost key code
I recently obtained a new computer and need to install my copy of Office XP on it. However, I have misplaced the key code for this software, and as a result, I cannot install it. Can I somehow access my Office XP key code online, perhaps via e-mail? Office is the program I use more than any other, and I'm eager to install it on my new PC. Thanks for your help. Russell Conover No Where did you buy OfficeXP from, retail or was it supplied with your old PC? Do you still have access to the old PC? "rgcviper" <rgcviper@hotmail.com.(donotspam)> wrote in ...

Alternatives to visio timelines
We use Visio - only for timelines. Visio works great but we have problems getting everybody to make timelines that look the same. Same length, width, font, noe more than 10 milestone instead of 50. What I'd like to do is give people a web page that lets them type in a date and some milestone text and then have the timeline be generated automatically. The timeline doesnot's need to be in Visio but I do like the way they look in Visio. Does anybody know of a way to get what I need? Maybe there's a way to do a timeline in Excel or some other program or maybe there's some off-the-...

Can we generate excel chart with out opening the excel instance.?
Hi, I am using Excel chart for web based application. I want t generate the excel chart with out opening the excel instance. An solution is there? Ram. -- ramkumar_cp ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ramkumar_cpt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2867 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52751 ...

best visio template for workflow-circular-using "if y/n"?
i'm teaching myself visio...in a crunch...i'd love to do a simple circular workflow re: process, with lots of "if yes then...if no then..." which template is best, or do you have any suggestions? i'm currently working with business process EPC and it's nothing like easy... ...

i am looking for the code key for winows office xp standard versi
is there anyone that has the code key for windows office xp standard the version 2002 i have the disc but some how i have lost the code key for it if you happen to have it would you please send it to me so i can use my disc so i can up date this computer i use as my business my email address is doug _uitts@hot mail.com or guardian_cowboy@yahoo.com and thank you "guardian_cowboy@yahoo.com" <guardian_cowboy@yahoo.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF197000-6258-42BE-8A09-2A9CE5652A3A@microsoft.com... > is there anyone that has the code ke...

Sort code doesn't work on first pass, works on second
Good morning, I have a daily file where the user goes and updates some queries from an AS400, then runs my macro in a report speadsheet to format the new day's info. In the course of the macro, I do the following sort. On a new day, the sort from what I can tell doesn't work, but then if you run it again it works like I want it to work. Is there something I need to reset when I start to make the sort work the first time? I do a lot of other things after the sort and somewhere in there I must do what I need to do but I haven't been able to figure out what it is....

Service Call SQL Object creation error
Hi, I am trying to configure Service Call Management, and when I execute the step to set up permissions for the GP users who can perform service call escalations (i.e Tools \ Setup \ Project \ Service Setup \ Service button \ SQL Objects button - Set permissions for Sql Objects for Escalation, then I get the following error: 'An error occurred executing add group statements'. When I click OK the next error is: 'The role FSSQLJOB does not exist in the current database.' I am on GP10 and am doing this in the Fabrikam database. Thanks Neil Neil, Try reinstalling the F...

Code wont trigger
hi... I hope someone can help me with this.. I am a newbie so please forgive my ignorance I am setting up a customer dbase in access 2007 and with help from previous questions and answers on the forum I was able to set up [First] [Next] [Previous] [Last] record cmd buttons as below: The code worked really well... I shut access down and next day opened it up and now none of my code works at all... I cant seem to get it to trigger... I seemed to have this problem the other day so I did a repair install of office 2007 and then started from scratch and it worked fine until I shutdown then reboo...

Renaming the SQL Server
The SQL server running the databases for our Great Plains install was built before the network design was finalized. It was also attached to a network it will not be part of so that we could import data, etc. As such, it was given a generic name that does not meet the naming requirements of the now finalized network design. Since I will have to change the IP address for the server once it is placed on the correct production network, I thought to change its name as well. I know to drop the old server name from sysservers and add the new server name as the 'local' server. Are...

Spam Generation
Hi all.. Anyone know of any good utils to generate a ton of mail to be trown against a Exchange server to test filtering??? Thanks Jay On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 17:30:38 +0100, "Jason Fitzpatrick" <jason_fitzpatrick_nospam@hotmail.com> hired a team of monkeys to write: >Hi all.. > >Anyone know of any good utils to generate a ton of mail to be trown against >a Exchange server to test filtering??? Just post your real address here, the spam will flow right on it. -- Chris Scharff Messaging Services Architect MessageOne Don't find fault, find a remedy. - H...

Zip SQL Job query
Hi, I have a batch script like this,it works fine If I run it's own. %sivadate%(user defined environment variable) D: CD D:\test\clips(where the makeDirZip.exe is located) makeDirZip.exe i="\\<mserver>\c$\cdc\%sivadate%" debug='no' purge='no' but if I call this batch script in a SQL job it didn't work,it gives me an error.. Executed as user: <domain>\nlaservice. C:\WINDOWS\system32>D: D:\>CD D:\Batch\eClipswebZip\ D:\Batch\eClipswebZip>makeDirZip.exe i="\\uknlavwebt02\c$\cdc\" debug='no' purge=...

move dpmdb ro different sql server
hi, I have a clusterd SQL 2005 enviorment on two server 2008 x64 servers, so I've decided to evict and reinstall one of them following a problem. the problem is the server contains the SQL instence for the DPM which is on a different dedicated server. Iv'e been searching the web for a week now and cannot find a guide to help me accomplish just that. what i've tried: backing up the DPMDC instence and restoring it to the 2nd SQL server, after I've created the instence, excat same name, under the rs instence hust like it was condigured on the first server....

Updating Source Code in Charts
Created a spreadsheet with 100 charts. Data has been updated yearly by inserting rows for the current year and adding those numbers. I'm going to the existing chart and update the source data, but the resulting chart doesn't show the correct numbers. Looks like it's taking the 2006 data and replacing it with 2002 data from the previous row. This is the fourth year I've been using the speadsheet to update charts, but now it's not working. Any clues? -- Office User at University ...

visio only half of calendar printing. page and drawing the same
I am using visio for first time. I have a calendar in landscape view. the drawing and printing page are the same, both landscape and same size. However only the bottom half of the calendar is printing out at the top of the page. The usual recommendation is to ensure that visio service packs and drivers for the printer are updated. al "KG" <KG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46AC0730-13E2-4E61-AD7A-E89870C811A8@microsoft.com... >I am using visio for first time. I have a calendar in landscape view. the > drawing and printing page are the same,...

Want to print the grid background in Visio on a floor plan
AFAIK it's a standard function on v2003.... For something else you might have to put the lines in yourself. al "goodgolf" <goodgolf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BCFDF96-E505-4725-9353-14064093A72E@microsoft.com... > ...

how do i get a macro/code to open a specific switchboard page
hi i have four switchboards (patient, staff, lists, accounts) with patient being default but i need to open the staff switchboard using either a macro or VBA thanks I assume by "switchboard", you are referring to an Access form which is designed to function as a switchboard-type menu. This line in a VBA procedure will open the specified form. DoCmd.OpenForm "staff" There are additional arguments which can be used to control how the form opens. Search Access Help for more details. Where and how you use this, of course, depends and where and how y...

SQL syntax for Access Pass Through queries (ODBC)
I have been using Access 2003 for a while now retreiving data through ODBC connection to a SQL 2005 server. Works fine most of the time but as soon as the queries involve multiple Access tables/queries AND 'not simple' SQL views, one loses the will to live because this arrangement simply fails. Mostly ODBC times out and even if the interval is adjusted, records simply do not come back even after 5-10 minutes of wait. I've been trying the Pass-through queries lately, as a solution. Although I have managed to grasp the basic SQL syntax, unfortunately this syntax between ...

Access 2003 Report generation
I have a report that contains the .Line method to draw a series of boxes around controls that can vary in size depending on their data content. I would like to have each box shape filled with a colour suitable to its control data, rather than have a back-fill for the control data. Can you please give me an idea as to how to code it. I have tried the .FillColor property but without success. Thanks. It would have helped if you had provided your existing code. However, I have been able to shade a background with code like: Private Sub Detail_Print(Cancel As Integer, PrintCount As...

Moving from 32 bit to 64 bit Terminal Servers and SQL
My current environment has 1 - 32 bit SQL 2000 Server and 4 - 32 bit win2k3 terminal servers with around 85 users. I also use ODBC a great deal with all my users in addition to the normal POS system. I have all new 64 bit servers. The SQL server is running SQL 2005 (so it is an upgrade.) My plan is to (at go-live) shutdown the current production servers. Rename the New 64 bit Production servers to the same name as the current servers (Remove from domain (reboot) change name (reboot) flush DNS, add back to domain (reboot)). I tested this and it seems to work fine. Is this ...

Automating Visio Diagrams
Hi If i can upgrade to Visio 2003 Professional version will it support with VS.NET 1.0 to implement my application with Visio API Visibile to the user of my application? My Current s/w 's : Visio 2002 Standard & VS.NET 1.0. Please suggest me the feasibility of this combination. Any suggestion or solution will be a help. Regards Ashok Kumar Got the solution that VS.NET 1.0 does not support well with Visio 2003. I need to upgrade my self to VS.NET 2003 to interact with visio 2003 >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >If i can upgrade to Visio 2003 Professional version ...

PageBreaks in Code Listings
I've looked (unsuccessfully) for a way to insert page breaks in VBA code listings so they print nicely. How do I do this? You can't. VBA is not stored the way you see it. Putting a page break in the code would cause a compile error. If you need to waste time and paper by printing out code, Use the File Export wizard in the VBA editor. It will want to save it as a .bas file. Change the extension to .doc, open the exported file with Word, and put in your breaks. Hopefully, it wont be out of date before you get it in a binder :) -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Dav...

POS on SQL 2k5 STD. Help!! ;-)
Does anyone know where I can get a White Paper for deploying POS v2.0 on a Win2k3 Server with SQL 2k5 Standard Edition? After the install of POS on this server I can't create a database using the POS database wizard. I actually want to create my POS database in SQL Server 2k5 Standard Edition. Can I please get some help from the experts? Thanks, tyitchin hi , first of all you no need to worry as all concept of the database edition are same. only the diffence is that how you installed the sql 2k5 using DEFAULT INSTANCES OR or NAME INSTANCE. to find this run SQL Server Managmenet S...

error code COOD10D9
I have this error code COOD10D9 cannot detect length of file, a few files have no info on them anymore just song title, any suggestions? also when I click these on to play they play fine What's the file type (extension) of these files (MP3, WMA, WAV...)? Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk analogtape2 wrote: > I have this error code COOD10D9 cannot detect length of file, a few files > have no info on them anymore just song title, any suggestions? also when I > click these on to play they play fine ...

Generating Charts in Excel
I am trying to general a line chart that counts the number of items in a range (A23:A160), but will depend on the dates in range (C:23:C160). Basically, I want the display on which date the data in range (A23:A160) was at it's highest peak? -- TWarren ...

sql
Hi, Anyone have a sql query to make items inactive if they have 0 quantity on-hand and have not been sold in 13 months? Thanks, Doug UPDATE Item SET Inactive = 1 WHERE LastSold < getdate()-395 AND Inactive = 0 AND Quantity = 0 The "getdate()-395" is 395 days prior to the current date when you run the query which is approximately 13 months (365 days + 30 days) Change this to however many number of days prior to today you want. -- Disclaimer: Always test any queries that modify data on a test database prior to running on your live data to ensure the desired results. Al...