download Word file into visio 2007

Anyone know how I can import a normal .doc WORD file which has our schools
plan into a trial copy of visio 2007.  Was going to us Smartdraw but thought
as WORD already in use it would be easy to import into another Microsoft
programme.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Alan Speer
0
Speer (1)
8/5/2009 8:53:01 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Since Word is a text tool and Visio is a diagramming tool, what would be the
purpose. You might consider just hyperlinking to the word document instead.
al

"Alan Speer" <Alan Speer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know how I can import a normal .doc WORD file which has our schools
> plan into a trial copy of visio 2007.  Was going to us Smartdraw but
> thought
> as WORD already in use it would be easy to import into another Microsoft
> programme.
>
> Any assistance would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Alan Speer

0
edlund1 (616)
8/5/2009 9:15:49 PM
Al
I was hoping to incorporate this TEXT file into Visio and enable me to edit
and scale pre-existing school floor plans that were originally drawn in WP5.1

Thanks

"AlEdlund" wrote:

> Since Word is a text tool and Visio is a diagramming tool, what would be the
> purpose. You might consider just hyperlinking to the word document instead.
> al
>

> "Alan Speer" <Alan Speer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Anyone know how I can import a normal .doc WORD file which has our schools
> > plan into a trial copy of visio 2007.  Was going to us Smartdraw but
> > thought
> > as WORD already in use it would be easy to import into another Microsoft
> > programme.
> >
> > Any assistance would be much appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Alan Speer

0
AlanSpeer (2)
8/6/2009 6:38:02 AM
That's an interesting approach.  Generally, if the bulk of the document is
text, with a few diagrams, then you'd import in the opposite direction,
graphic content into text document.  That's easy enough to do.

 Is there a problem with the WP graphics?  You could go into Word, copy the
graphic, and paste into Visio (say, onto a background page), then re-draw in
Visio.  Once re-drawn, throw away the background image.  This will give you a
scalable drawing to put back into Word.  Seems like a lot of work.

Or perhaps just save the WP graphic and convert to a raster format?

HTH
Wapperdude

"Alan Speer" wrote:

> Al
> I was hoping to incorporate this TEXT file into Visio and enable me to edit
> and scale pre-existing school floor plans that were originally drawn in WP5.1
>
> Thanks
>
> "AlEdlund" wrote:
>
> > Since Word is a text tool and Visio is a diagramming tool, what would be the
> > purpose. You might consider just hyperlinking to the word document instead.
> > al
> >

> > "Alan Speer" <Alan Speer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Anyone know how I can import a normal .doc WORD file which has our schools
> > > plan into a trial copy of visio 2007.  Was going to us Smartdraw but
> > > thought
> > > as WORD already in use it would be easy to import into another Microsoft
> > > programme.
> > >
> > > Any assistance would be much appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Alan Speer

0
WapperDude (134)
8/14/2009 12:58:01 AM
Thanks,
Does seem alot of work but thought BOTH Microsoft products would be
completely compatible. Have now obtained better plans in both .pdf and .dwg
formats so will use a different software package like AutoCad or Solid Works
to incorporate and edit plans.

Thanks again.
Alan

"WapperDude" wrote:

> That's an interesting approach.  Generally, if the bulk of the document is
> text, with a few diagrams, then you'd import in the opposite direction,
> graphic content into text document.  That's easy enough to do.
>
>  Is there a problem with the WP graphics?  You could go into Word, copy the
> graphic, and paste into Visio (say, onto a background page), then re-draw in
> Visio.  Once re-drawn, throw away the background image.  This will give you a
> scalable drawing to put back into Word.  Seems like a lot of work.
>
> Or perhaps just save the WP graphic and convert to a raster format?
>
> HTH
> Wapperdude
>

> "Alan Speer" wrote:
>
> > Al
> > I was hoping to incorporate this TEXT file into Visio and enable me to edit
> > and scale pre-existing school floor plans that were originally drawn in WP5.1
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "AlEdlund" wrote:
> >
> > > Since Word is a text tool and Visio is a diagramming tool, what would be the
> > > purpose. You might consider just hyperlinking to the word document instead.
> > > al
> > >

> > > "Alan Speer" <Alan Speer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
AlanSpeer (2)
8/14/2009 7:32:02 AM
Sounds like you have an efficient solution.  It's not so much an issue of
compatibility with the MS products, but rather an issue with the format of
the graphic imbedded in the Word document.

Wapperdude

"Alan Speer" wrote:

> Thanks,
> Does seem alot of work but thought BOTH Microsoft products would be
> completely compatible. Have now obtained better plans in both .pdf and .dwg
> formats so will use a different software package like AutoCad or Solid Works
> to incorporate and edit plans.
>
> Thanks again.
> Alan
>
> "WapperDude" wrote:
>
> > That's an interesting approach.  Generally, if the bulk of the document is
> > text, with a few diagrams, then you'd import in the opposite direction,
> > graphic content into text document.  That's easy enough to do.
> >
> >  Is there a problem with the WP graphics?  You could go into Word, copy the
> > graphic, and paste into Visio (say, onto a background page), then re-draw in
> > Visio.  Once re-drawn, throw away the background image.  This will give you a
> > scalable drawing to put back into Word.  Seems like a lot of work.
> >
> > Or perhaps just save the WP graphic and convert to a raster format?
> >
> > HTH
> > Wapperdude
> >

> > "Alan Speer" wrote:
> >
> > > Al
> > > I was hoping to incorporate this TEXT file into Visio and enable me to edit
> > > and scale pre-existing school floor plans that were originally drawn in WP5.1
> > >
> > > Thanks

0
WapperDude (134)
8/14/2009 2:21:01 PM
"Alan Speer" <Alan Speer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know how I can import a normal .doc WORD file which has our schools
> plan into a trial copy of visio 2007.  Was going to us Smartdraw but
> thought
> as WORD already in use it would be easy to import into another Microsoft
> programme.
>
> Any assistance would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Alan Speer

I am working on a conversion from MSO shapes to Visio drawings and I
probably can not help you at this point, but I would be interested in seeing
your Word document to see how the WP drawing is represented in Word. Could
you send me a copy of the document to VisioMVP@magma.ca?

John... Visio MVP

0
lancucki (505)
8/14/2009 5:33:11 PM
John --
It looks like he also has dxf version of the graphics.

"John... Visio MVP" wrote:

> "Alan Speer" <Alan Speer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Anyone know how I can import a normal .doc WORD file which has our schools
> > plan into a trial copy of visio 2007.  Was going to us Smartdraw but
> > thought
> > as WORD already in use it would be easy to import into another Microsoft
> > programme.
> >
> > Any assistance would be much appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Alan Speer
>

> I am working on a conversion from MSO shapes to Visio drawings and I
> probably can not help you at this point, but I would be interested in seeing
> your Word document to see how the WP drawing is represented in Word. Could
> you send me a copy of the document to VisioMVP@magma.ca?
>
> John... Visio MVP

0
WapperDude (134)

#Delete Mark in Bound Memo filed

CSV File Problem

CFile (delete file)

import a 123 file

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

downloading
After downloading from bank I have 26 items that do not show up in my account register. How do I access these items? This is the first time that this has happened. In microsoft.public.money, Gary wrote: >After downloading from bank I have 26 items that do not >show up in my account register. How do I access these >items? This is the first time that this has happened. In Internet Explorer delete your browser temporary files with Tools->InternetOptions->DeleteFiles. Then open Money with Start->Run and entering "msmoney -s" without the quotes into the box. ...

Public Folder link to Excel File

can i download lxce serv.exe

Word 2004 overriding global prefs
Okay.. PMG5 running 10.4.6. I have a problem with the default page setup settings in two limited user accounts (my own, admin account, is fine). As I am in the UK, the global default paper size is set to A4. All applications respect this - bar Word. Every time it's fired up, and a new document selected, the paper size is always US Letter. This does NOT affect any other Office application. I have tried trashing prefs - I've even removed (using the supplied removal tool) and reinstalled Office. My mother uses Word extensively as she works at home a good deal. She wouldn't ...

Publisher 2007 frequently crashes

Add PowerPoint 2007 to Office Basic

Renaming Partial File Names

printing imported gif files in Excel