Documenting the backup of data

This may not be the place to ask however i am looking for resources on
how i may document data I am backing up from an oracle database to MS
Access.

Basically I have my oracle database and i have an Acess database.

I have to back up 3 tables from oracle into access.

I have no idea how i would document this.

I want to say Columns 1, column 2 from table A in oracle will be
backed up to Column 1a and Column 1b in Access.

Has anyone had similar exeperiences?

Does anyone know of any resources on the net or example?
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Missing action button on local data group
I am missing the 'Actions' button on the data group tab. Therefore I can not set up the correct sync to my outlook clients. What am I missing? Thanks ...

Help with Excel Document
I have to edit an existing spreadsheet with an index and want to have an alphabet listing at the top so that when you click on the letter you're linked to the first cell in that section that starts with that letter. Example: Provisioning--(Name of Document) A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z A items run from B8 - B 20 B items run from B22 - B 25 C items run from B27 - B33 and so on. Please tell me how to link each alphabet to the subject beginning with that letter? PS can I save the spreadsheet as a web page doc also? Thanks, Have you thought about using Au...

I have ad address in one column. I need to break apart the data
I have a column which hosts address information and I would like to break aprat the data into multiple column into address column, city column, state column, and zip code column. the data in that column they have the same format here are some examples 1134 first st., San Jose, CA 95132 234 Main st., Santa Clara, CA 95050 Can someone please help? 2 step process. Step 1: Select the current column, go to Data > Text to columns. Select delimited, check the comma box and click finish This will put the address in first column, City in city column, and the remaining two - state and code in ...

Feeding MS Excell with MS Word data
Hi there! I need to know if it is possible to pass data from MS Word to MS Excell The data in MS Word is text, and I need to place some information in specific columns in an Excell Workbook Thanks Christian ...

Y-Axis maximum based on data range
How can I make Excel to choose the maximum value on the Y- axis to chart to be based on the maximum value in the data range? In other words, if the maximum value in my data range (for Y-axis) is 14%, then I want the Y-axis maximum value to be automatically set at 14% on the chart. Again, since the values in the data range may change, I want the maximum value to be chosen dynamically. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jay Hi Jay have a look at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html Frank Jay wrote: > How can I make Excel to choose the maximum value...

Cut/paste will not work in document
Dear Colleagues, I have a user that set up a document. She is trying to cut and paste in the doucment but paste is greyed out and will not work. When I tried it in a new document it was fine. She is using Word 2007. Has anyone experienced this problem. Thanks. Louis "Louisq" wrote: > Dear Colleagues, > I have a user that set up a document. She is trying to cut and paste in the > doucment but paste is greyed out and will not work. When I tried it in a new > document it was fine. She is using Word 2007. Has anyone experienced this > problem. &...

Collation Conflict when printing SOP documents
Hello, I am receiving an error when I click print on the Sale Transaction Entry form and I have not been able to find an answer as to why it is happening. The error that pops up first is “A get/change first operation on table ‘SOP_Tax_WORK_HIST’ (45).” Then if I click more info I get "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_BIN" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the is operation." Has any one seen this error and how did you resolve it. I have checked my Collation in all my databases a...

Document not printing as formatted
Documents do not print as formatted. Saving prior to printing does not help. Both alignment and font size change when document prints. Seems to happen when view is changed in view menu, or when selecting print preview. Occurs with existing and new documents. The changes occur randomly. OS is Mac 10.3.5 Printer is Epson C84 ...

save publisher document onto disc
I am trying to save my Publisher document (a portfolio) onto a disc. How do I save the entire document? How do I get each of the hyperlinks within the 8 pp document to work, once it is saved onto disc? (e:drive) Anissa1 <Anissa1@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am trying to save my Publisher document (a portfolio) onto a disc. > How do I save the entire document? How do I get each of the > hyperlinks within the 8 pp document to work, once it is saved onto > disc? (e:drive) Firstly you need to export your publication as a website to you...

delete data bases
I am very new to access and have been playing with data bases and now would like to delete them. is there a way to delete them from my recent database list. Why? The only time anyone would see those is when launching Access from your PC, and you know which ones have been deleted... There's a KB article at Microsoft.com that covers how to remove the Recent .... list from earlier versions of Access (you don't mention which version you are using) -- KB95569. Good Luck Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "mobeer1958" <mobeer1958@discussions.microsoft.com...

preserving cell format between linked documents
I am working in Office Excel 2003. The contractors in my office have a special spreadsheet with two linked sections that copy all the data entered from one form (the CC) into two other forms (the Main and the Addendum). In the description column of the CC form, the rows and cells are formatted to auto-fit and wrap text; however, when something is typed into the description column on the CC form, the description text does not wrap or auto-fit on the Main and Addendum forms. These forms are protected. The input of information/description should only be performed on the CC form. We'...

Scheduled Backups of Exchg 2003 Don't Run
Anyone else having this problem? I'm using the Windows Backup utility in Server 2003 with Exchange 2003 installed to backup just the Exchange Server Storage Group. If I run the backup manually from within the backup applet, it executes properly. Scheduled, it does not run. In the Scheduler, if I click 'run now' it fails with a 'Could not start'. I've read the MS Knowledge base article about paths with spaces, but that didn't help. At best, the backup window might pops up, but then the process just stops without generating any message. When I'm doing all this I&...

importing online data into excel
I have a list of search terms to look up in a search engine (google for example)in one column of an excel spreadsheet. I'd like to find a way to have excel automate the process of going out onto the net and reporting back the number of searches found for each search term in column and place the info into another column. Do-able? How? Thanks, Bob R. ...

Grant Management Note function should allow importing a document
Currently the note function in Grants Management only allow the user to type a note. The ability to import a document or cut & paste from a document would be helpful to attach supporting documents. Also the ability to be able to attache more than on note would allow for a centralized location for documents such as Grant Applications and Award Letters. -- Thomas J. Browne Chief Financial Officer Bellefairejcb.org ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agr...

Plot Hourly Data
How can you plot data that is less than daily? I typically create charts of data that has hourly or even 15 minute time steps. Excel will sum all the values for the day and just plot daily data, or monthly, or yearly. Sample Data: A B C Date Time Flow(mgd) Rain(in) 2/13/2007 1:00 1.2 0 2/13/2007 2:00 1.3 0.1 2/13/2007 3:00 1.5 0.2 2/13/2007 4:00 1.1 0 Sorry, I don't see your difficulty. Combine date and time in one column, & use that as the X values for your XY chart. -- David Biddulph "mjwedeking" <mjwedeking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Trying to add resource allocation data to a gantt chart built in E
Hello, I'm using Excel 2003. I've been asked to create a one-page report that shows major projects and work assignments, and their durations over a period of time so we can see where they overlap and competing for resources. So I created a gantt chart in Excel using the stacked horizontal bar chart feature with the data as the task/start date/duration to create the bars (I got this neat trick from this YouTube video, believe it or not...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQwE0Xv1lAA.) Now, I need to overlay percentage of resource allocations for several teams in different colors ...

Data validation question
A colleague runs the car-park lottery for our organisation. She uses an Excel spreadsheet witha round 1500 entries. The sheet identifies each staff member by means of their exclusive payroll number. The lottery is run 4 times a year. However, she has a problem in that when a member rings up to register sometimes neither her nor the member is able to tell if they have registered before. She wants to ensure that it is not possible to enter a person twice. So, what would be ideal, is when she has entered the payroll number if there is no pre-existing entry Excel will allow her to proceed ...

left(string, number) with linked data to SQL2000 does not work
I am converting a client's program to work with data in an SQL 2000 database. Previously the data was linked to a separate Access mdb file. now it is linked via ODBC to SQL 2000. The following snipet works if the data is in an Access table but once the table is in SQL the function left(string, number) stops the Access engine from even entering the procedure. I put a msgbox "Hi" at the beginning of the funtion and it did not even come up. I do not get any error msgs it just does nothing! Any Clue?? If Left(Me.CUSTID.Value, 3) = "IDG" Then Dim valoare2...

Data Validation (List Format
I have created a list via Data Validation. However I cannot change the font in the list on the drop down box. The font in the box is too small to even read. Can someone advise? Either how do I change the font in the list? Or is there something else that I need to adjust in my spreadsheet? Thanks - Tim Hi Tim, Unfortunatly, you can't change the font size in a DV list. About the only thing you can do is too increase the zoom setting. Biff >-----Original Message----- >I have created a list via Data Validation. However I >cannot change the font in the list on the dr...

How do I transfer a word Document to Publisher?
I have a word Document that I need to put into Publisher to make it a booklet. I have tried to copy and paste it but in the original document there are graphs and things and when I copy them they just copy on one top of the other, is there a way where I can just copy it and it will show up exactly like the original in Publisher. Chinny, You have already seen the problems in the cut and paste routing. Why not set your Word document to creat a folded booklet. In Word 2003, F1 key, search on "booklet" You didn't say what version of either you are using. "Chinny" ...

data validation for a single text entry
How can I create a data validation for a single text entry (i.e. to allow leaving the cell blank or entering the word "Yes") without having to create a list of the single entry (i.e. Yes). The other options in data validation related to numbers, not text. Thank you -- MZ Hi, I assume I enter the word Yes in cell B1 then position in the cell you want to apply data validation, go to data validation, custom and enter there the formula as follow =OR(A1=B1,A1="") the above formula is validating data entered in A1 "MZ" wrote: > How can I ...

View and print a list of all documents paid with a single check
Currently there is no capability to re-print a check remittance after the check has been posted. There is no good screen or report to show/list the documents paid by a single check. Our customer has the need to periodically re-print a remittance advice for a vendor to show what documents were paid with a particular check. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open t...

Query Data Format
I am importing a simple patient list into Excel that is the data range for a vlookup formula. The challenge is that the patient RecordID used for the value to lookup is an autonumber in Access and imports in a format other than a number that the vlookup formula does not recognize. RecordID LastName FirstName 24001 Brown John If I go to the data range and manually place the curser behind each RecordID "number" and hit delete it then aligns to the right and is recognized as a number. I want to have the query updated or refreshed at opening of the file an...

How to retrieve source data from data plots only?
Hi, I would appreciate any help on this. Basically, I have got some plots in Excel from my colleague. He had deleted all the source data used to generate those plots since he only cares about the plots. However, the source data is what I really need. I know by clicking on each data point in a plot, you can view the value of that data point. But is there a way to retrieve all the source data at once? There are simply too many data points in a plot for me to do this one by one. Thanks, Fang I have found a macro for doing this. I am posting the link here in case someone runs into the same p...

Paste data under existing data
I have a simple form where I enter data into columns. I need to copy this data and transpose it and paste it under existing data in a spreadsheet. I can't get my macro to add this copied data in the next blank row under existing data - it keeps pasting to the same row and overwriting data. I would appreciate any assistance with this. Pam Since you didn't post your macro, maybe .offset(1) or row+1 would help -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Pam Brenny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:043a01c3ce59$bc1bb710$a101280a...