displaying data linked to shape

I would like to click on a shape and have the list of linked data in the database be displayed.  (I have a lab diagram, and I want to display the contents of a drawer when the shape is clicked..... and vice versa, when I'm in the database and click on an item, I'd like to have the location of the item displayed on a lab map.

Can anyone point me to a tutorial or better yet, a functional example, that does this.   I've linked the shape and database, but don't seem grasp how to actually put that link into practice.

Thanks in advance
jillymc
0
anonymous (74722)
4/2/2004 1:56:02 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Text doesn't fit in the top shape of pyramid diagram
I created just simple daigram by using pyramid diagram. However, the words seem don't fit in the top shape of this diagram. Is there anyway so that I can adjust the size of each shape so that my text will fit in the shape? >I created just simple daigram by using pyramid diagram. However, the words > seem don't fit in the top shape of this diagram. Is there anyway so that > I > can adjust the size of each shape so that my text will fit in the shape? Which version of PowerPoint? The easiest way will be to resize the whole pyramid. Or to use less text. ...

Find MAX data in sheet (Cell)
How would one go about finding the cell that contains the MAX info, o say any/all cells that exceeds 8,000 characters/spaces in a Excel page -- confuzedagai ----------------------------------------------------------------------- confuzedagain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2943 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49148 1. Highlight the entire document 2. Select Format->Conditional Formatting 3. Select "Formula Is" 4. Input this formula =LEN(A1)>8000 5. Format with something obvious like green bac...

Can i display an Icon on a toolbar?
Hello, I'm building a toolbar but i do not want to manualy draw the buttons. Instead i want to be able to display prebuilt ICONs there. Can this be done? How do i proceed? Many thanks You should be able to do it by simply adding a CStatic on the toolbar and placing bitmap/icon on it. Following article shows how to add controls to the toolbar: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/toolbar/placingcontrolsintoolbars/article.php/c2547/ ------------------ Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Bredal Jensen" <Bredal.Jensen@mimosa.com> wrote in message news:<eMRs7FziEHA.636@TK...

Export data in XML through Web Services
I have a WebMethod that retrive data from a DB and I want to return this data in a XML format. I try to do with the TextWriter class but I wasn't able to do, because I didn't found any example thet explain how to use the Stream attribute. Can I use the TextWriter or I have to use the XmlDocument class? Thanks in advance -------------------------------------------- Massimo Rizzotto -------------------------------------------- can you show us the code now, and show us what you are getting on the wire and show us what you would like to get on the wire? This article http://www.15secon...

Do NOT want Shape Objects to automatically link
In Word 2007, I have been trying to create a document using the Shapes and Text Box objects. Each time I try to insert another shape or Text box it automatically links to the one before. So when I move one the other one moves and if I delete one the other one is also deleted. I have looked through the options but cannot find why this is happening. I have Word 2007 installed on another computer and it does not do that. Any suggestions as to why or better yet, how can I stop this from happening? Thanks Karen This is a form of document corruption. See http://word.mvps.org...

How to find cells with links to other workbooks?
I have a spreadsheet which shows under the edit menu links to other workbooks. I have tried to find where the links are without success. Is there a easy wy of finding such links? Hi you may try http://oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm and search for Findlink.zip (http://oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip) "Bathonian" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet which shows under the edit menu links to other > workbooks. I have tried to find where the links are without success. Is there > a easy wy of finding such links? ...

Select all shapes that is connected to a Shape
Is their any way in viso to choose all shapes that is connected to a Shape by line connector Through code. You can walk the shapes collection to find the line connectors and then walk the line connectors connection collections (there is a from and a to collection) to find out who they are connected to. If you want to select the shapes connected to a line, you can select a line and run VBA code to change the selection to the shapes connected to the line using the lines connection collections. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need V...

Display value of cell
Using Excel 2000 In a cell the formula shows instead of the value/result, how do I correct this? I want to see the formula. Reply to kdfoxca@yahoo.com Thanks. Are all formulas cells show the formulas or just one? Maybe you have a space before the = (Excel think it is text now) Or your cell is format as text -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Kenya" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:050b01c3942b$e28b7240$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Using Excel 2000 > In a cell the formula shows instead of the value/resul...

how do i search an excel sheet for links to another spreadhseet?
Is there a Find function that allows me to look for links in a sheet? When I can't find links, I'll use Bill Manville's FindLink program: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm Flutie99 wrote: > > Is there a Find function that allows me to look for links in a sheet? -- Dave Peterson ...

data labels in charts
This is a probably one of the simplest questions but I'm just starting to chart again. I have entered a category title "year" in cell A1 and entered from 1995 to 2000 from A2 to A7 that I want to appear on the horizontal axis. I have entered a title in B1(unemployed) and 5 values B2 to B7 directly below. When I choose a "column" chart my vertical axis appears correctly but the horizontal axis does not include the years as labels. The labels that appear are the numbers 1 to 6 instead of 1995 to 2000. How do I make the chart pick up the data labels from colu...

data extraction from excel
I need to pull information from one collumn. If the collumn is comprised of yes's and no's, can excel create a list of just the yes's? Try something like this: Assuming your list is in A1:B100, with A1: Question B1: Response C1: Response C2: Yes D1: Question (the same col heading as A1) E1: Response (the same col heading as B1) Select your list (A1:B100) Data>Filter>Advanced Filter List Range: (already selected) Criteria Range: C1:C2 Click the [OK] button to filter the list in place. OR To copy the matching records to another area: Click: Copy to another location Copy...

QUESTION- Simpler Way to Add a Data Series to Other Graphs?
Hi- I'm using Excel 2002 and I've got a lot of XY (Scatter) graphs. When I add a new data series to one graph, it is defined by 3 values (Name, X Value and Y Value) If I want to add this data series to 7 or 8 add'l graphs, I know that I can copy/paste these 3 values to each of them. Is there a simpler way to accomplish this? thnx ...

pasting excel data in a powerpoint slide
I am attempting to paste an excel data table in a powerpoint slide but once pasted, the data is cut off. If I double click and enter the excel data table and resize the window from Powerpoint, the same data shown simply stretches to the new size. I have tried numerous ways of pasting from the excel sheet and it still acts the same. I tried a new workbook and was able to resize correctly. But to recreate all of the data and formulas in a different workbook would be difficult. Is there a setting or something in excel that is not allowing me to resize this particular workbook? Thanks...

many sheets from "master data"
Hi guys, In the last few days, ive posted some questions with some success, bu not being able to completely work though my problem. Given that I a novice/intermediate in relation to VBA, I am having extreme difficult augmenting the code to do what i like. Attached is the file so you can visualize what I am talking about. What I want to do is to put each "page" of data on a new slide. As yo can see, all the data is found on the first page. In column T, you ca see where each new page starts (as indicated by the data and pag number). I having trying tirelessly to get the code su...

Inbound email linked in CRM by default
Inbound emails from outside our company are being tracked in CRM by default. For example, Bob@acme.com emails Alice@mycompany.com. That email, before Alice has even opened it, is traced in CRM. I can view it in CRM and Alice is the owner. Alice is using CRM 3 in Outlook 2007. This does not happen all the time. Only certain external users sending email that includes Alice seem to be automatically tracked. If I email Alice from my greg@gmail account, it will not be tracked. However, I can findl little rhyme or reason to the criteria dictating what gets tracked. I have checked Alice's set...

Create field from append query based on linked table name
Here's the setup: Two linked tables called 'PHD' and 'XANS' bring in daily data from two CSV files. A union table-query puts the common data in both into the same name fields. This table-query is called 'SOLS_DATA_MERGE'. I then created a new table called 'SOLS_MAIN' and I ran an append query called 'SOLS_DATA_APPEND' to append the data in the table-query, 'SOLS_DATA_MERGE' into the new table, 'SOLS_MAIN'. The main reason for this was so that I could assign my data a primary key. Even though I have achieved my goal of merging the da...

Prevent equation from skipping data when referencing import data?
I am referencing data that is being imported from access in table on a seperate worksheet. When the data is refreshed, only the last new entry is placed in my seperate table, not all of them. How do I fix this? ...

Input formulas in a defined data range and convert results as valu
Hi, I have a dataset for users to view data. It has the following format till year 2010 and have portions of topics like forecast, shipment, aging .... and the whole dataset can go very long vertically. Within each topics is the type of products measured, below is an extracts of my dataset: Forecast Accuracy Jan 2007 Feb 2007 Mar 2007 Apr 2007 Prod A x x x x Prod B x x x x Prod C ...

Display No. of Rows in Status Bar
Hello: I'm using Excel 2003. Up until recently, whenever I apply an autofilter, my status bar would display the number of rows returned, e.g.: "25 of 100 records found". For some reason it has stopped doing that, and now just says "Filter Mode". I right clicked on the status bar, and chose "Count". It didn't help. Right now I have it on "None", which is what it was on when the row count was displaying before. I don't believe I turned anything off, but I'd sure like to have that feature back. OBTW: I had this problem a mont...

Linking from shape to shapes in Visio
I can link from shape to shape in Visio and these work fine but when I 'save as Web Page' these links don't work. Any ideas!!!!!!!! On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 07:24:05 -0700, Dave R <Dave R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I can link from shape to shape in Visio and these work fine but when I 'save >as Web Page' these links don't work. Any ideas!!!!!!!! Web pages don't have that degree of granularity for destinations, there is just the page destination or the name destination, there is no mechanism to link to a part of an image. -- Regards, Paul Herb...

2002 data merge
I have a database of 50 names that I would like to print out as individual labes on a standard 81/2" X 11" sheet of paper. I would like 10 labels per page and can work out the page layout in Publisher 2002. When I go to merge my Works database of the 50 names, I obviously only have one "field" to insert. As you can see where this is going, when I do my merge, I get a sheet with 10 labels of the same name. How do I get it to merge a different name in each label? I went to the following websites: http://www.kvalheim.org http://www.users.bigpond.com/auslandline/publisher/ and...

HOW TO EXTRACT (or lookup) DATA FROM A PIVOT TABLE
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C7032B.0406A590 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello! Sheet 1 contains the raw data. Sales and cost of sales for customers.=20 Sheet 2 contains the pivot table that summarizes the data in sheet 1.=20 In Sheet 3(a further summary of the Pivot Table), I would like to put in = the customer name and extract the related sales and cost of sales = numbers from the pivot table. How can I extract the desired information? Regards SJ ------=_NextPart_000_000...

Pivot Table accessing data from OLAP cube
Hi, I am creating a Pivot table using OLAP cube (in Excel 2007) on Windows Server 2003 OS and same Pivot Table using OLAP on Windows XP. The wierd problem i am facing is that on Windows Server 2003 OS, the moment I finish importing the cube, it shows me a screen like "Drop Row/Column Fields here" and on Windows XP, it simply shows the structure of Pivot table. Secondly,on functional side, if I email this spreadsheet across (created on Windows XP), then the other person is not able to edit/modify it, getting a warning message "Initialization of the Data Source faile...

network links in email not working (web ok)
in outlook 2007 on windows 7 the hyperlinks to files on our company network shared drive result in the error "can not find file (address) verify the path or internet address is correct" I can send myself an email message with a hyper link added from the "insert hyperlink" commands that point to files on my computer and they work fine. I sent myself a couple test messages with internet address links and they worked fine. Both an email from my assistent and one I made with the exact same link result in the error. I tried a different address on the same ne...

How do I enter new data alphabetically into a workbook w/o scroll.
I have a list of information and periodically I have to add information into this list. The easiest way I found so far to do this is by scrolling through the list of information I have and finding the person I need to add to and inserting a new line. Is there a form that can be easily built that inserts information into its spot alphabetically? Hi Jillian:- Please check out:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ - item number 42 (done in EXCEL 2007). This won't add it alphabetically but it does present you with an easy way to get data into a Workbook. If there is an...