Creating timelines that don't use time as the horizontal measureme

Is it possible to use the timeline functionality of visio without using time
as the horizontal meter? I want to have the same functionality of a timeline,
but use it to express events that happen over a range of values from 0-100.
0
Judoka735 (1)
10/17/2008 6:55:01 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Can I use "find / replace" to automatically "Insert Rows" in a do.
Have a long column of numbers Every time I see the number 5, I need to insert two rows. Doing this by hand is tedious. Can you help me find a shortcut? The IF function does not do this, right? Not 25, 35, 5351, just plain old 5? Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim FirstRow As Long Dim LastRow As Long Dim iRow As Long With Worksheets("sheet1") FirstRow = 1 LastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Row For iRow = LastRow To FirstRow Step -1 If .Cells(iRow, "C").Value = 5 Then ...

Using Outlook 2003 in Windows 7
I have a valid version of Outlook 2003 that I am using in Windows 7 that has been properly activated. However, every time I open it in Windows 7 I am asked to accept the Microsoft End User Agreement, which is annoying since I accept it every time (actually this happens every time I open an Office 2003 product). Is there someway to deactivate this request? Thx for the help. "Barry" <Barry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11F6EC50-7351-4B84-A7BC-4322115C9B88@microsoft.com... > I have a valid version of Outlook 2003 that I am using in Win...

How to use the countif() function to count items in a table
I have a table contains multple columns of info as shown in the below AcctID ProjectName PMName Phase Status EIG Project 1 Wellie Initiation New MLI Project 2 John Develop Active EIG Project 11 Wellie Qualify Active EIG Project UUU John Design InActive MLI Project XX Carol Deployment Completed MLI Project YYY Carol Design Active I'd like to use the countif() function to complete the following metric such that I know how many projects for each status for each AcctID. EIG ...

Corrupt TCP segments using CSocket
I am developing a simple streaming video application. I am using TCP with the CSocket MFC class and I have a thread the writes the data for each frame in a separate Write(). The app works fine for about 2 minutes of "playing" the video, but after some time (2-15) minutes I am getting segments with invalid TCP checksum (observing the traffic in etherreal). If I retry the connection from the client it doesn't recover. It recovers when I restart the server. Any ideas? Ask your question additionally at microsoft.public.win32.programmer.networks NG. -- Vladimir <vladimir.rale...

Creating a duplicate lead
Am I right in assuming there is no way to create a duplicate lead from an existing one? I'm asking because I have multiple people within the same company - would like to add a second lead without retyping all the address info, etc., that would be exactly the same. check out the free c360 Clone utility: http://www.c360.com/Clone.aspx It'll do what you need. -Sarah B. "jjohnson" wrote: > Am I right in assuming there is no way to create a duplicate lead from an > existing one? I'm asking because I have multiple people within the same > company - would ...

Sorting file list by date/time...
Hello, does anybody have an idea how to program a sorting function given a directory with files, which should red to an array which is sorted by date and time, but contains only the filenames. Is there a MFC function or a shell function of the OS which could ease the job instead of doing it manually? Regards, Diana On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 16:39:50 +0200, "Diana Bulthaupt" <Diana.Bulthaupt(at)web.de> wrote: >does anybody have an idea how to program a sorting function given a >directory with files, which should red to an array which is sorted by date >an...

whihc microsoft office can i use to determine loan amortization
I am looking for programs wherein I can determine loan amortization "Justin Reyes" <JustinReyes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:304D4935-F597-4BE9-A290-59C78A19AEBC@microsoft.com... |I am looking for programs wherein I can determine loan amortization You need Excel, not Access -- Len ______________________________________________________ remove nothing for valid email address. ...

Creating company wide calendars
Hello, I need your help. I am testing Exchange 2003 and would like to create a shared calendar that everyone in the company can access for company events. Is it possible and if it is, how do you create such a calendar? Thank you for your help. Yes, create a Public Folder for the calendar. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Exchange MVP www.exchangetrainer.com www.msexchange.org "Demetrius Samaras" <dsamaras@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:07a301c3b5eb$4db315b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I need your help. > > I am testing Exchange 2003 and would like to ...

Creating signatures but leaving them optional
Hello -- I've just had to re-load my operating system and then Office (and Outlook). The way I used to be set up, I had a signature that I could include in an outgoing email message by going Alt-I-S (and then I think the first letter of the name of the signature). In more than half my emails, I don't use a signature, but in others, I have a standard signature I want to include. So I'd like to be able to include the signat ure with a simple key-stroke combination, but otherwise leave messages unsigned. I can't figure out how to do this now -- if I create a signature, i...

Print Preview using CPreviewDC
Hi there, I have a problem trying to implement a print preview function. Yet the printing itself is no problem. I have this chart control with a method m_graph.PrintGraph(CDC *pDC) which outputs the data to the CDC object. Now I want to do Print Preview similarly using the CPreviewDC class mentioned in the MSDN Documentation instead of the CDC class. How do I setup the CPreviewDC object without a print dialog? And after I have printed the content into the CDC class how do I display the print preview? ...

how do i configure outlook to use my aol email account
jonbon wrote: <nothing> PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject Have a look here: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm the answer: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/online.htm which Google would have told you with 6.5 million hits in 0.43 secs. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/online.htm#aol -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-t...

using min max
We want to start using min max to help with order processing. Do we need to use order point qty or order up to level with the min max? We are using GP v10 and new to GP. Do we need to set the order policy before using min max? Is there a good source on how to set the min max in GP10? the Purchase Order Processing pdf in the GP Documentation folder is pretty good. The values are all interelated. What we did here was create a dummy part and played with it. You can leave the Items order policy as 'Not Planned'. We wanted to set up to use PO generation but our purchasing g...

restore exchange 2000 using ntbackup
Hi! My exchange 2000 server is remotely backed up every day using veritas 9.2. I am now testing disaster recovery and would like to use ntbackup locally on my disaster recovery exchange server. (I copied my .bkf file on my exchange server) I dismounted my databases and ran ntbackup locally on my exchange server. I cataloged the bkf file and selected the microsoft Information store that I want to restore. „Restore to „ I entered my exchange server name. The following error message is then displayed: „the specified computer is not a Microsoft Exchange server or ist Microsoft Excha...

using INDIRECT with COLUMN fails.. I know why
I had a huge spreadsheet that I assembled by the end of the summer. at one point, it pulled data from one worksheet to the next using an INDIRECT combined with ROW() now- at the end of the summer, I'm re-writing it- but for display purposes, I find it works better vertically where before it was horizontal. I'm stuck, I know where.. before, my indirect("sheetname!"&$A1&ROW()) worked fine if A1 had a letter so I might get an address of "sheetname!d1" now, my indirect("sheetname!"&colum()&a$1) fails-- as column() returns a number n...

Creating EMAIL Message -- Font is blurry to recipient
Once I send an email that I create in publisher the text appears blurry to the recipeint. Any one have any ideas how I can eliminate this problem I am using Verdan 8pt font and i have converted it to a web publication. Hi JV (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Once I send an email that I create in publisher the text appears || blurry to the recipeint. Any one have any ideas how I can eliminate || this problem? || || I am using Verdan 8pt font and i have converted it to a web || publication. Is it blurry only to this particular recipient? What does it loo...

calculate age using BD and (TODAY)
I would like to have the current age calculated in an excel spread sheet and am having trouble with the formula. Any help appreciated. TIm =YEAR(B1)-YEAR(A1) will give you age in whole number. Regards. Bill Ridgeway Computer Solutions "Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD058324-F67A-4F84-8218-9FC403676E31@microsoft.com... >I would like to have the current age calculated in an excel spread sheet >and > am having trouble with the formula. Any help appreciated. TIm "Bill Ridgeway" <info@1001solutions.co.uk> wrote in ...

How do you use database
It is the first time i have ever used database and i donot now how to use it. The other problem i face is that i don't know what is for!!! so please can someone help I would recommend that you go to http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/FX100565001033.aspx and go thru the training tutorials. It will explain what a database is, etc. Using Microsoft Access will be a challenge for you if you don't have the basic understanding of what a database is. Definition of Database: A collection of related data. Access is a "relational" database. -- cw "Tink the Stink...

Want to hack the recently used file list max entries
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Would anyone care to offer a hack method to get the recently used file list to show more than 9 entries? No use telling me it can't be changed. I am asking for the &quot;Yes&quot; people to answer. OK, yes... The first thing you need to do is contact Microsoft & ask them for the source code. Seriously, there is no user option other than the setting provided in Preferences. If you want to see a longer list use the 'Recent' page of Project Gallery from the file menu. On its Customize page ...

Sort records on Subform using hidden control
I have a form with a subform. The main form is for Jobs, and the subform lists the crew for each job. Each crew position has a number assigned to it, lowest being the highest "rank" in the crew. The name and postions of each crew member are selected by unbound combo boxes that list all personnel names and all possible positions. The position combo box has two columns, one with position title and the other with position number. The position number is column is hidden, since that field is only used on my side and not the user's. The bound PositionNumber box is hidden for...

All Messages Bounced if my ISP Address Not Used
It's very weird, but any message I send from OLE with any return address other than my ISP email account at roadrunner is bounced. They are bounced from the recipient email server or from the email server which handles my personal domain name, which bounces the messages as from postmaster@domain.us (where the "domain" is mine) Anyone know why????????? I can use my Agent email program with no problem with any return address. My wife needs to use OLE version 6.x at home like she does at work! TIA, Vince to the best of my knowledge, RR requires you to use the RR address u...

run time errors when posting transaction
hey everyone, i restored my database today from a backup and started to recieve some weired run time errors whe posting a transaction. It shows some Microsoft Business Rules error plus when i wanted to add a new item it wouldnt allow me to put more than 15 characters in item description field. if i put more than that it give me an error "Maximum Stored Procedure, function, trigger, or view nesting level exceeded (limit 32)" Please did anybody else had this problem or am i doing something really wrong. one more thing i just changed my OPOS printer to windows printer. t...

How to use formula to get
Hi, How do I set the formla in column I in such a way that the output is determine by column H value? i.e if H1 = 01, I1 = C1, etc. I try using if (and if loop) but keep on getting FALSE. C D E F G H I 1 set1 set2 01 set1 2 set1 set2 02 set1 + set2 3 set1 set2 03 set2 Try this in I1: =3DIF(H1=3D"01",C1,IF(H1=3D"03",D1,C1&" + "&D1)) Copy down as req...

Create custom dialog box for users #2
How do I create a custom dialog box in the OnSave event of an entity that will prompt the user to choose Yes or No to a question? I have tried using Alert() function but I can't change the standard OK/Cancel. Thank you. Appreciate any immediate assistance. Hi Bernardina. Can you try with confirn?... See this page http://www.tizag.com/javascriptT/javascriptconfirm.php "Bernardina" wrote: > How do I create a custom dialog box in the OnSave event of an entity that > will prompt the user to choose Yes or No to a question? I have tried using > Alert() function but ...

Using Acces To Paste Visio Drawing Into Power Point Issue
I am using VBA (with MS Access) to copy a Visio file and paste it into power point. When I do this using Access 2003, Power Point 2003, and Visio 2003 and power point slide has the ability to open the drawing as Visio by double clicking the drawing. Everything is sharp looking too. Now when I tried it using MS Access 2007, Power Point 2007, and Visio 2003, the power point slide has only an image of the drawing and it looks likes its out of focus too (not sharp looking). Any suggestions ??? Below is my VBA Code Thank You, G Set AppVisio = CreateObject("...

Can new items be entered into the POS using .csv?
Situation: We have a RMS station at location "A" that uses RMS V2.x. Then we have a RMS station at location "B" that uses RMS V1.x Both locations feed off of the same inventory. New items that we have were added to location "A" (V2.x) but were not added to location "B" (V1.x) We now want to sync up location "B" with location "A". We cannot transfer the database from "A" to "B" so we are stuck with manually adding the new products to "B". I have two questions. 1. Is there a...