Creating Master Shapes from Imported Pictures

Greetings,

I'm in desparate need of help.  I'm in the process of creating a stencil of
network equipment that my company has deployed.  I've been fortunate to find
a number of the shapes on line.   Unfortunately, some of the equipment is
obsolete, BUT I have pictures.  Here's my question:  How would I create
master shapes of these pictures to be used in Visio 2003.   I've downloaded
ShapeStudio and played around with that but I can't seem to get it correct.
As a reference, I'm trying to duplicate what one would find on NetZoom.  What
are the steps in creating a master shape?   I've gone through the tutorial
that is supplied with ShapeStudio but unfortunately that tutorial doesn't
apply.   Has anyone created master shapes from pictures?

Thanks for any input.

HW
0
HWahdan (1)
3/6/2007 8:19:13 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 12:19:13 -0800, HWahdan
<HWahdan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Greetings,
>
>I'm in desparate need of help.  I'm in the process of creating a stencil of
>network equipment that my company has deployed.  I've been fortunate to find
>a number of the shapes on line.   Unfortunately, some of the equipment is
>obsolete, BUT I have pictures.  Here's my question:  How would I create
>master shapes of these pictures to be used in Visio 2003.   I've downloaded
>ShapeStudio and played around with that but I can't seem to get it correct.
>As a reference, I'm trying to duplicate what one would find on NetZoom.  What
>are the steps in creating a master shape?   I've gone through the tutorial
>that is supplied with ShapeStudio but unfortunately that tutorial doesn't
>apply.   Has anyone created master shapes from pictures?

At the very simplest level:
Create a new stencil
menu File -> Shapes -> New

Open the pictures in your image editor, select, copy

and paste into the new stencil.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Electronics for Visio        http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/

reference OLE object's .Picture file/path
I have several ole image controls in a worksheet im working on. I would like to know the syntax for referring to this object's associated Picture filename (if i load "thisimage.bmp" into the picture property, it works, but when i reference .Picture it displays a long integer value instead of the path/filename im looking for) --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Font sizes not saving (W2007 opening document originally created in W2003)
Hello, I have a 375 page document originally created in W2003 (or perhaps W2000). It was creeated with a Normal style of TNR 10 pt. Everytime I open it I have to change the font size from 11 pt back to 10 pt. When I modify, the radio button for "Only in this document" is checked but the changes don't keep. I really don't want to change my Normal template for new documents, but I'd like the font size to be retained. Am I missing something simple or do I have to mess with templates? Thanks, CJ This should not be happening unless you have "Automat...

Creating a rule with people not in contacs
I haven't been able to find a way to create a rule where I forward the incoming email to someone not in the contact list. I want to immediately forward certain spam to the ISP's abuse email address (aol, yahoo, etc). I see no reason to have to add those addresses to my contact list, yet I see no way to do it without adding. When I get to the dialog for forwarding it tells me to type an address or find it in the list. However, if I type an address not on the list it won't let me add that name. Using help I've found out how to build a rule on an inbound email address not in my ...

Same import week after week
Tab-delimited data from a time sheet program. Kinda tedious, marking the col's I want. Can this process be automated? If all I need to do is record it off the keyboard, I'm fine. But if it requires VBasic I am in a foreign country. I have a report form all set up to receive the data. When it's good it's very, very good but when I screw up it's awful. rs Try recording a macro? http://www.officearticles.com/excel/record_a_macro_in_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "tcebob" <handle @ gwi.net> wrote in message news:OwDAq...

Insert date into file import
I have a database that imports a .csv file generated by anotherprogram. Unfortunately this program doesn't include a date in eachrecord in the .csv file.I can import the .csv file into my table alright, but I need to attach/insert a date (which I can get via VB code) into each importedrecord. Any ideas?At the moment I'm using the Docmd.TransferText command. have you tried importing the data, then running an Update query on thetable, to add a date to each record?hth<b_lwalker@hotmail.com> wrote in messagenews:1174264665.772034.212550@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...> I have a ...

can open 1 picture unless logged in as Administrator???
Help please????!!! Unless i log in as Administrator, i can only insert 1 picture in MS Publisher 97? I get told the graphics filters are not installed, but i have done a full install? Ms clients are running windows 2000 OS and are locked down via group policy. Any help would be great Thanks, Carl. Publisher (especially the older versions I hear) doesn't like playing with networks. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Carlos1981" <Carlos1981@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:642AAFF8-D25F-4AC5-B90E-33AC25E17663@microsoft.com... > Help p...

Special teen picture directory!
We've got new teen * 'XXNX' (xxnx.xxxanalmovies.info) * pictures directory for you! Free and direct! http://xxnx.xxxanalmovies.info Team, 2006. -- xmoviexmasterx ------------------------------------------------------------------------ xmoviexmasterx's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37385 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=570987 ...

Annotation Import Not Associating with Account or Contact
When I import data into CRM from the cdf database my Accounts, Accounts_ext, and Contacts import correctly, the Annotation (Notes) import but are not associating with the Account or Contact. For the Object ID, I'm using the same Account ID or Contact ID that I use when importing the Accounts and Contacts. I noticed when I go through the Cleanse Data section of the Data Migration Wizard, I'm not prompted to associate the ObjectTypeCodeName Account or Contact....I'm not sure if this is the actual problem or not. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ...

Problems importing customizations
Hi, I'm having difficulties with the import of customizations to a new CRM. I keep getting one of two messages, "SQL Server error occurred" or "Either the file could not be upload or import failed". The customizations file conforms with the schema, and it's size is 5.97MB. Could it be because of the amount of customizations? I have at least 70 custom entities, some of them heavily customized. Do I have to import the entities in groups of related entities? Is the substitution of the new CRM databases with the customized ones, a possible solution? Are there an...

after native mode switch can't create new mailboxes
We recently switched to Exchange 2003 native mode. Email is working fine in all sites, however when we tried to create our first user post-switch we've found that the mailbox never gets created. Same procedures as before the switch, we run AD Users on the local Exchange server, create the account, specify the server, mailbox store it's part of.... The account gets created and replicated throughout the domain environment, but the email address never gets generated for the user, and the mailbox never gets created on the destination server. We followed all the guidelines for switching ...

Use the same cell from many worksheets to create a chart?
I have a new worksheet for each day, labeled with the date. I want to pull data from the same cell (like "P-3") in each worksheet and put it into a chart. Example: On ten worksheets, pull the data from cell P-3 (arbitrarily called "income"). Then, put that P-3 data into a chart that tracks daily income: the date itself (taken from the worksheet name) plus the data. Any idea how to do this? You need to create a summary region on a worksheet, and use this as the data source for your chart. See this page for more details: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/Char...

No inbound email after creating a new recipient policy
Hi there, I had 2 smpt email address setup in the default policy to get the inbound email working initially. Upon researching, I understand that by default the exchange is set to mixed mode which means only default policy is the only policy that exchange applies regardless. I created a new recipient policy to query company field and applied it. I then changed the exchange to Native mode and restarted the information store. I removed the second smtp address from the default policy. Now i could not receive any emails for the secondary domain via SBS mail connector pop. It picks u...

create .tmp files when saving
Am having a problem with several of my dell machines running window xp professional and office xp pro. when users open an excel file, make a change and save it, then go back in the file, many times it says the file can be open in read only because the file is in use. it then creates a copy of the file using the .tmp as an extension. Why is this happening so frequently. any help would be appreicated. collin Hi Collin Try this first Reboot first and then Delete all the files and subfolders in your \Windows\Temp directory (Win95/98/ME), or your \Documents and Settings\<user>\loc...

Incident should be create automatically like c360 products
With any parameters or config, Incidents should be created automatically like EmailToCase c360 product. Thanks! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7b9224b9-28b...

Need helps about importing and etc.
I'm a newbie, where can i find information about RMS Setup and Deployment Overview, Installation Requirements, Terminology, Upgrading, Configuration, Import/Export, Limitations, and so on? thanks, Jay K Partner Source http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/partnersource.mspx -- Mobitech Lady Amy Luby Mobitech 402.330.0707 www.mobitechonline.com "JayK" <JayK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AD41CE8-6B86-45A0-A2EA-A61A91CFB482@microsoft.com... > I'm a newbie, where can i find information about RMS Setup and Deployment > Overview, Instal...

address book importing from hotmail
Is it possible to import my Hot mail address book into my Outlook 2002 mail client and if so how would that be acomplished? ...

Creating scatter plots
How do I create a scatter plot. I've done line and bar graphs but I'm not sure how to do a scatter plot. Also, how can I use data from different tabs in the same excel file to create the graph. Will I need to copy and paste all the data onto another tab? Hi, For a scatter plot you need a set of x and y values. If you only have Y values the x ones will automatically be a sequential series 1 to number_of_Y_points. Ideally you would have you X-values in a column with the Y-values in the next column to the right. You can make Excels job easier at guessing your data layout if you...

Creating help
I wonder how to create help for my project? I've found an .rtf file in the hlp folder of my VC++ 6 project that seems to be the ground for the help. Are you supposed to edit this file somehow? How do you create different pages with links between them in the help? You do it it with a great deal of difficulty in my opinion. What you need is Help Workshop (HCW.EXE) which you already have or you can download from MS with which you edit contents files and compile/test the help. You need MS Word to edit the .rtf files. VS gives you a starter file (AfxCore.rtf) which you modify. You have...

Worksheet 'shape' (#columns by #rows)
Hi All; Have a problem here in that we would like to import some data into a spreadsheet, but the data array is 512 by 512 elements. Excel seems to force a limit of 256 columns. Is there a way to change the array shape? In any Excel version 97-2003. -- __ Pete Snell Royal Military College Kingston Ontario Snell-p@rmc.ca The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw Hi Peter there is now way to change this limitation (Ex...

How can I hide check box created via FORMS together with column?
Hey guys, how can I hide a check box created using FORMS together with column it is placed in (or in some other way). "Move and size with cell" option is not active in object positioning for check boxes created via FORMS as opposed to those created via CONTROL TOOLBOX. Thanks, Max I think you'll have better luck (pronounced easier time!) with the checkboxes from the Control toolbox toolbar. But maybe you could have a macro that hides the columns/rows and also looks at the objects to see if they should be .visible = false. And the same kind of macro to make the checkbox&#...

user Unavailable when creating an activitiy
I am using CRM 3.0. I was wondering why I keep getting an error message of My name not being available when creating a scheduled assignment and then assigning the assignment to a fellow co-worker. If someone can help it would be appreciated. thanks ...

how do I create a blank HOrizontal Document?
I am trying to make an office document for work. I want to use word just like usual, but i want it to be printed horizontally so it all fits to one page becuase of a bar graph. IDK HELP!!! On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 16:11:01 -0800, nico23 <nico23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to make an office document for work. I want to use word just >like usual, but i want it to be printed horizontally so it all fits to one >page becuase of a bar graph. IDK HELP!!! Please repost your question in a newsgroup supporting Word. There's no such thing as an "O...

pictures of
picture pictures of 'pictures of trains' (http://www.funny-pictures-2010.info) pictures of picture of -- raismisuaween ...

linking shapes in network diagrams
i'm working on network diagrams - there's a shape that appears in 2, but is the same object - is it possible to link them so that when i modify one, the other is automatically updated, so i don't have to maintain both pages individually? cheers Hi Mel, This can be done "one-way" with the ShapeSheet. Ie: shape2 reacts to shape1, but not the other way around. It's also might be possible to use some ShapeSheet hacks to get them to work both ways, but it can be impractical and messy. Ie: lemme know if you really want to get down and dirty. It's also possible...

Outlook 2007: How to create a new signature from html?
Am trying to create a new signature for all emails to include my business logo but it does not seem to be working through the signatures/edit signatures tab, just showing a file but no signature. Please help! -- Sally Not sure what you mean, when you click on the file name, you then make the signature in the white space under Edit signature, type stuff, click on the picture icon to get the logo, etc.. "Sally" wrote: > Am trying to create a new signature for all emails to include my business > logo but it does not seem to be working through the signatures/ed...