creating hierarchy charts

Is there a way to create a hierarchy chart in Visio through a pre-defined
layout or does it have to be done manually by using the drawing tool to
create the connection lines and using the process shape from the basic
flowchart template?

visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I think you have to do it manually, but there is one shortcut that might
help.

Activate the Connector Tool and then drag out the shapes from the template.
A connector is automatically added.  Visio connects the new shape to the
shape currently selected in the drawing, so be sure to select the correct
shape before dragging out a new one.

For an even better mechanism for creating diagrams, stay tuned to the Visio
12 blog for some upcoming functionality.

--
Mark Nelson
Office Graphics - Visio

"Charlie Brookhart" <charliebrookhart46@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to create a hierarchy chart in Visio through a pre-defined
> layout or does it have to be done manually by using the drawing tool to
> create the connection lines and using the process shape from the basic
> flowchart template?

0
marknel (439)
1/10/2006 6:32:53 AM
Selecting the connector tool and then dragging out a shape from the template
area does not automatically connect. In fact, nothing happens at all. I have
to add a shape, add a connector line, add a shape, add a connector line,
etc. until the hierarchy chart or even the flowchart is complete.

"Mark Nelson [MS]" <marknel@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I think you have to do it manually, but there is one shortcut that might
> help.
>
> Activate the Connector Tool and then drag out the shapes from the
template.
> A connector is automatically added.  Visio connects the new shape to the
> shape currently selected in the drawing, so be sure to select the correct
> shape before dragging out a new one.
>
> For an even better mechanism for creating diagrams, stay tuned to the
Visio
> 12 blog for some upcoming functionality.
>
> --
> Mark Nelson
> Office Graphics - Visio
> Microsoft Corporation

rights.

> "Charlie Brookhart" <charliebrookhart46@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a way to create a hierarchy chart in Visio through a
pre-defined
> > layout or does it have to be done manually by using the drawing tool to
> > create the connection lines and using the process shape from the basic
> > flowchart template?

How does one view a document created in Publisher.
I have gotten a document (calendar) in .pub format. Word does not recognize it. Is there a viewer? What's the link? I have Office 2000 with the converters installed. Collins wrote: >I have gotten a document (calendar) in .pub format. Word > does not recognize it. Is there a viewer? What's the > link? I have Office 2000 with the converters installed. ==================================== There is no viewer for Publisher files. Maybe you could ask the sender to convert it to a .pdf file. Or you could order the Trial version of Pub2003... which will still function as a viewer a...

Creating conditional clause in a module
I am in the process of writing module using vba in ACCESS 2003 which imports forecasted financial data from a particular excel file based on three inputs. I am trying to include an "error check" that will end the process if the three inputs do not match specific data in the excel file. I'm not sure how to go about doing this. Do you have any ideas what the best way to do this would be? Below is the code I have for the import part so far if that is helpful. Sub Test1() Dim ImportDir As String Dim Forecast As String Dim Version As String Dim Country As Stri...

How to create web-based reports from RMS database.
The reports available in RMS is not specific enough for my apparel retail store. I need sell the through rate, average sale, sales/sf, return rate, discount analysis, all broken down by date, week, month, year, category, supplier, and then compare against last year's numbers. I want to create my own web-based reports accessing RMS's SQL database. Does anyone have a template of data access web page so all I have to do is change the SQL statement in getting to the right database table? mas wrote: > The reports available in RMS is not specific enough for my apparel retail > ...

MRP not creating planned orders in version 10.0
I'm testing version 10.0 on a test system and using a copy of my live database. Version 8.0 creates a planned PO when QTY Available falls below Order Point Qty. It's not working in 10.0. I've checked all my settings from 8.0 to 10.0 and they all look the same. Is there a setting I'm missing? Thanks, Ken Have you rebuilt your low level codes after the upgrade? -- Tim Foster "KRoy" wrote: > I'm testing version 10.0 on a test system and using a copy of my live > database. Version 8.0 creates a planned PO when QTY Available falls below > Ord...

Where free 2 sigma statistical process control chart, free?
where can I download a free statistical process control chart template? ...

How to use excel file created in version earlier than 4.0a in 4.0
Thanks to whomever answered my query but when I opened the email the screen was blank. My laptop is sick. My question was and still is, how can I use my Excel files created in a recent version on my laptop in my PC which is loaded only with Excel 4.0a . Please and thanks. -- Thanks, Ajimmo Hi Ajimmo You can't, the file format changes twice since version 4. You need a newer Excel version, a compatible spreadsheet program, or simply a viewer if all you want to do is view / print the file. HTH. Best wishes Harald "ajimmo" <ajimmo@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i m...

Create Pivot Table Reports
I just finished installing Analysis Cube on the server, everything seemed working fine until when I try to create the Pivot Table Report (Tools->Analysis Cubes->Create Pivot Table Reprots). After I called up the pre-defined 'Definition ID' and click on the Excel icon, a message popped up saying " The WHTemplate.XLT file was not found." Anybody have any idea what that is, and how to resolve it?? Thanks. 1.) There are two pieces of software. Did you install both the server piece, and the client piece? 2.) Is Excel installed on the machine, on which you'r...

Constant List
Is there an easy way to return the values of the ChartType constants? Excel 97 does not seem to list them in help and I have not been able to find them in google.group searches. Thanks M Select xlChartTypes in the Classes pane of the object browser. The constants are named in the members panel. If you select one, it provides the numeric equivalent at the bottom of the object browser, e.g., Const xlArea = 1 Member of Excel.XlChartType - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ M wrote: > Is there...

Excel --- Physical dimensions of a chart object
Is there a way to know the physical dimensions of a chart object on a worksheet? I have data in several worksheets and I would like all my charts to be of the same size (obviously this means that data with a smaller range of values will be more spread out than data with a larger range of values). Thanks, Nimmi This is just an example: Sub Macro2() ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate ActiveChart.ChartArea.Select n = ActiveSheet.Shapes("Chart 1").Width m = ActiveSheet.Shapes("Chart 1").Height MsgBox (n & " BY " & m...

Controlling Gap Width for BAR Chart
Hi, I have the following data for example. A = 2 B= 3 C = 4 I can create a 2 D Bar chart from this quite easily. Now If I make the data to A = 2 , 3 B= 3 , 4 C = 4 , 5 I do want to plot the data on the basis of first two values as mentioned in the first example, but I want to control the width of the Bar from the value given after comma. Please help. On Sat, 24 Feb 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Fazi <farazahmedtoor@gmail.com> said: >I have the following data for example. >A = 2 , 3 >B= 3 , 4 >C = 4 , 5 > >I want to plot the data on the basis of firs...

How do I add y-axis labeling on the right side of chart?
I'd like to add an axis with same values on the right side of the chart. You'll need to have at least two series in order to enter a secondary axis. On one of the series, change the Axis to Secondary axis. "DavidNHFCU" <DavidNHFCU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28759EE0-759E-4964-8F5E-6C49099653B6@microsoft.com... > I'd like to add an axis with same values on the right side of the chart. How can I force the y-axis at the bottom of my chart to appear for all 12 months when I only have Jan, Feb and March figures to put in the first thre...

excel chart showing movable graph at what point we make a profit
in a business would like to make a chart based on accumulated Earnings & Profit/Loss for year to date, perhaps movable showing our break even point and by moving chart to a another earnings figure what profit we should make. For example put in earnings for YTD Profit/Loss YTD then I can move the earnings part of the chart to show what our profit would be for a given earnings figure. Alternatively If For example if we earn $200 for year so far and profit is $0 but any amount over that is 18% profit so I can move chart line to say $240 and it will say what profit I will make. Hope ...

Bar Chart (2D) won't let me 'gap' one bar behind the other?

Creating only a mailbox
I'm doing some DR testing and I was wondering if there is any way to create just a mailbox that isn't associated with an AD account. I could create an account with a mailbox and then disconnect it, but I'd like a way to build hundreds of mailboxes that aren't associated with any AD account. Any help would be great. Thanks. Eric In AD just add it as a Contact instead of a user, this will allow you to give it exchange attributes without an AD account. >-----Original Message----- >I'm doing some DR testing and I was wondering if there is >any way to cre...

Help with creating a formula
Hello! I am trying to create a formula that will sum up certain criteria from one column as it relates to criteria in the same row in another column. For example, I want to sum up all the entries that begin with the letter "H" in column A as it relates to an entry of "2" from column B that is in the same row as the "H" entry from column A. COLUMN A COLUMN B H10 2 G01 2 H09 3 H15 2 H12 2 If there is such a formula...

What is the best chart for this....
When I want to compare how each salesperson's sales contributes to Total Sales, I can use a pie chart. But what do I use when I want to compare how each salesperson performed against the *average* of total sales? I am envisioning a vertical bar chart with a horizontal line at the average, but I need a solution that can be generated by a macro. Any advice? Thanks in advance. Patti Patti - That's how you would do it, a column chart with a horizontal line. On this web page, I give a couple techniques to achieve the horizontal line: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine...

Stacked and single column in same chart?
How can I do a chart with a stacked column beside a single column? When I build a stacked column chart, any new source data I add wants to put it in the same stacked column. Use one of the links on this page. You need to set up the data so the single column is in a stacking position with no other columns of data. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Einstine wrote: > How can I do a chart with a stacked column beside a sing...

"Print to Scale" Excel 2007 Charts
In Excel 2003, one could double-click a chart, print, and the chart would auto-size to fill a page. I am unable to print my newly-created Excel 2007 charts so they auto-size to print one-to-a-page (now requires several time-consuming steps for reformatting titles, axes, etc.). I do not have a "print to scale" option in my page setup. Printing to a Ricoh Aficio AP610N. Thanks so much. I will assume we are talking of an embedded chart (one sitting on a worksheet) and not a chart sheet. In Excel 2003 (all earlier) you did not double click, you just single clicked to...

Auto-create activity from Mobile
Hi all, We have CRM 4.0 Roll Up 7. We are looking for a solution that offers advanced mobile integration to CRM. We would like the mobile client to auto-generate an Activity in CRM whenever a phone call is made to a CRM contact. Has anyone done this? //Johan Johan; There are a few vendors that offer good mobile solutions. I know for certain that MobileAccess from Ten Digits (http://www.tendigits.com/) has that specific feature. Dave Ireland "Jobro" <Jobro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F1B3A1D-E23E-4E49-933F-B221C0DD1ECE@microsoft.com... >...

Can anyone help with this chart?
I would like to have the following values/labels on the y and x axis of any style of chart: X-axis: July, August, September etc for a full financial year; Y-axis: FB, AP, DR, LA, PC. OR the other way around. Presently the Y-axis simply displays the labels 'Jan Jan Jan Jan Jan' etc. Thank you. Any help would be much appreciated. Check out Jon Peltier's article on creating a vertical category axis: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Y_CategoryAxis.html -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "A little stuck" wro...

center data labels on my column chart
How do i get my data labels to appear in the center of each column on my chart? Thanks. Click on one of the labels (that will select all the labels in the series) Choose Format>Selected Data Labels Select the Alignment tab From the Label Position dropdown, choose Center Immediately after formatting the first series, if there are other series in the chart -- Select a label in another series Press the F4 button on the keyboard, to repeat the formatting from the previous series Repeat for all series Dan wrote: > How do i get my data labels to appear in the center of > e...

Dynamic Chart #2
Can you please help me to create a dynamic chart by using VBA? Thanks in advance!! ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements VBA may not be needed. See the Excel | Tutorials | 'Dynamic Charts' page of my web site. -- [Posted directly to the Usenet newsgroup -- no affiliation with Excelforum] Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel...

2007 charting problems
Is anybody having these problems, and can anybody tell me how to fix them? 1. In Excel 2003, I could select a range of cells and drag them into a chart and they would be pasted as a new series into the chart. Is this feature gone in 2007? 2. When I have a rotated Y-axis label, I can click on the text and see an insert cursor, but when I start typing, only the first letter appears in the label and the rest end up in the formula bar. When I hit enter, only the new text from the formula bar shows up in the label. 1) Just Copy the range, right click the chart and use Paste 2) Do not use ...

chart zero
Hello, first Post - so here goes.... I am ploting a simple chart in Excel - when the value of a cell, say F5, is zero (calculated as =F4/F3) or F4 and F3 are zero and F5 returns #DIV/0! - I don't want to plot that cell at all. At the moment it is plotted as zero in both cases. I'm using Excel 2000. Many Thanks Andy Have just found the other threads dealing with this issue - #N/A and a white font will do it for me. Thanks anyway guys Andy "First & Last" wrote: > Hello, first Post - so here goes.... > > I am ploting a simple chart in Excel - when the va...

Charting Problems #2
I need to create a chart that has axes in "exact" inches. For example, the printed plot area is 6" x 3", or at least 1 axis is exactly inches. ...