Creating and Organization Chart from and excel file

I was able to create an org. chart awhile ago and now when I try to use the
org. chart wizard and select the excel file I get an error "cannot read
names".  I have excel and visio 2003.  Can anyone help????  I want to include
4 fields from from excel file (name, title, department, reports_to).  Help!
0
bakerdmw (2)
6/5/2008 12:05:00 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Have you tried creating an Excel file recently?  Perhaps there's an issue
with your existing Excel file.  I'd try generating a dummy file using the
wizard, and then try importing it iback nto a new Visio file using the
wizard.  If that works, then you may want to cut / paste your old Excel
contents into the new Excel file.

Wapperdude

"bakerdmw" wrote:

> I was able to create an org. chart awhile ago and now when I try to use the
> org. chart wizard and select the excel file I get an error "cannot read
> names".  I have excel and visio 2003.  Can anyone help????  I want to include
> 4 fields from from excel file (name, title, department, reports_to).  Help!
0
WapperDude (134)

Word 2010 beta: Cannot save my Normal.dotm file
Using the Word 2010 beta on Win7. I cannot save my Normal.dotm file - at least not usefully. I can open the file, edit it, add macros to it, whatever, and it will save (in the folder directory, the .dotm file will show a change in file size). But when I close Word, or if I open a new document in Word, the Normal.dotm file is reset to the default, losing any changes I've made. I can save and use other .dotm templates; but not the default Normal.dotm template. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010 -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup...

Excel 2007

Using part of a cell in a chart title

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

MS Money 95 data files

Opening Excel Workbooks

Chart template?
I am working with a chart, created from a pivot table. The chart has the various [drop down] fields available for selecting different values for the chart to show. I have formatted the chart with specific settings, fonts, colors, etc., but everytime I use one of the dropdowns, the formatting goes back to the default. I have looked for a place to save as a template, or defaults without luck. Thanks for any help you can provide! Alan ...

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Where is the workspace file stored?

help with simple maths in excel

adding name /creating field/query?