convertor from ODBC to visio 2000

i have a relations about 100 tables made in ODBC
i want to convert them to Visio 2000 , so i can desgin the tables in away
that can be more understandable.
need help
thank you
0
ramadanam (1)
4/19/2006 1:45:07 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I think you may be confused due to the fact that odbc is a link to a data,
not data itself. You have two issues first the database and second whether
you have a version of v2000 that supports data modeling. I believe the
datamodeling 3.1 may still be available as a download (not sure if it works
with v2000)
al

"klfa" <ramadanam@mea.com.lb> wrote in message
>i have a relations about 100 tables made in ODBC
> i want to convert them to Visio 2000 , so i can desgin the tables in away
> that can be more understandable.
> need help
> thank you

0
edlund1 (616)

Exchange 2000
Hi all I've recently renamed a user. Now I found that everytime I type that user name in the outlook, it shows me the name like this NewUserName <OldUserName>. I've checked all in the AD, but not found anythings related to the old user. How to correct it? Please help. Thanks BT Just a few points ... 1 - you can delete the names from the autocomplete by highlighting them (use the keyboards arrow keys) and hitting the DEL key. 2 - the <OldUserName> is displayed because that is the user's LegacyDN value. This value can be changed by using adsiedit however if...

cannot open emails from web in outlook 2000.
I am using word as email editor and I cannot open email link from web or from MS Office tools like word. Also I cannot perform address auto complete when I compose a new email. Please help me. ...

ODBC connection standardization
Good Day!I develop Access dbs for a large Mortage firm. As a rule, most of the larger tables are housed on a MS-SQL server. ODBC connections are used to connect. The Front-end access db could be launched from any number of desktops in our support area and I am encountering issues with differences in the system dsn entries in each of the machines. I can successfully execute a P-T query using the system dsn on my primary machine, but the other users have to replace the connection string in the property sheet of the P-T query by pointing to THEIR system dsn entry within the MS ODBC Administrato...

How to open RecordSet with Stored Procedures (ODBC, VC++)
Hi I'm using ODBC and VC++. My stored procedure has parameters like @pstr VarChar(100), @pVal1 numeric(9), @pVal2 numeric(9) and it returns a recordset. In my code CString strSP; strSP.Format("{call MySp('%s','%d','%d')}", str1, (long)Val1, (long)Val2); CMyRecorSet rs(m_db); try { rs.Open(CRecordset::snapshot,strSP); } catch(CDBException * pDB) { } I'm getting exception. Cannot covert datatype varchar to numeric. Why is this happening? Do i need to call SQLBindParameters? If yes, how to call it. Any sample code? Thanks in advance. Remove the apos...

Multiple Domains in Exchange 2000
I have a client collecting email from 4 different domains using SBS2K/Exchange2K The problem is that one of the departments gets some of its mail through an ISP mailbox. Exchange recipient policy has to have this ISP domain listed and checked or email coming in with this address is rejected. Yet because this is a popular ISP there is a requirement to be able to send outgoing email to OTHER subscribers using this same ISP.... But Exchange sees itself as solely responsible for the ISP domain and won't pass outgoing messages addressed to it. Does anybody have any ideas how to get round th...

Using VS2005 to ship legacy code for XP and Windows 2000.
If you want to publish a Windows application that runs on Windows 2000 or Windows XP, using the latest compiler (Visual Studio 2005), you can do so. Without requiring that you ship megabytes of code from the VS2005 runtime libraries (MSVCRT80.DLL and MFC80.DLL). Follow these steps: 1) Install the Windows Server 2003 SP1 Platform SDK (April 2005 Edition). The April 2005 PSDK bundles the VS 2005 compiler (version 14.0) and its associated include headers and libraries. With VC6 installed it allows you to link VC6 compatible apps for 32-bit applications. 2) You won't be able to use th...

exchange 2000 opinoins / advice
I have a new client with a W2k server. It's a nice powerful server, dual xeon 2.4's... scsi raid 5.. only 1G memory thou..... He is using this server, this one server for: Exchange 2000 SQL 2000 Terminal server (about 25 remote users) normal file and print services To me, this seems like way more than should be on a single server............. opinoins? the real issue I'm posting over is; When existing users log on remotely, they have no GAL (nothing there at all) If I add a new user and log them on remotely, the GAL is there. I don't know if an existing user logs on...

File Locked Error
Hello, I am encountering an error message when trying to open a shared XL 200 file. The error message indicates that the file is locked. I am unabl to disable shareing or use 'Save As' to get around the issue. Copyin also does not help (evidently the lock flag must be stored in the fil itself). Any ideas what a good workaround is? I'm at a lost. Our IT has bee looking into it since Monday with no luck. Thanks, Stev -- Steve ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SteveS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

Developing Visio Solutions
I'm told that "Developing Visio 2003 Solutions" book is somewhere for free in Microsoft web. Is that true. If yes would anyone giving me the link please ? Thank You. fyi, http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/devref/html/dvs_22_customizing_the_visio_ui_1266.asp al "genc ymeri" <genc_ymeri@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eCWYpay$DHA.3400@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I'm told that "Developing Visio 2003 Solutions" book is somewhere for free > in Microsoft web. Is that true. If yes would anyone giving me the link &...

Restoring Backup.pst in Outlook 2000
My boss just had to rebuild his laptop and had backed up his data whole--no utility or anything--including making a backup of his Outlook files. After the system was wiped and Office installed, he can't get his data back into Outlook. I tried just opening the file, but it won't let me. Any clues? I can give more info if necessary when I get back to the office tomorrow, such as the exact error message. I just thought maybe there was a known issue with an easy solution. Brandy Alexandre <brandy@kamikaze.orgy> wrote: > After the system was wiped and Office installed...

Excel 2000 under Terminal Services 2003
I am unable to drag and move page breaks in Excel page break preview under Windows 2003 Terminal Services. Any help please ...

Installing Visio 07 on Vista
I KNOW I'm not the first one to get this but Google doesn't have a lot to get this to work. I've got Office07 Pro Plus on my Vista box, I put the Visio 07 Pro CD in and attempt to run setup only to be greeted by 'The language of this installation package is not supported by your system' error. So....I have the latest OS, Office package and now trying Visio but nooooo....Bill and his boys have to block me from using their own sw. Anyone know the fix/workaround for this? And yes, I've uninstalled/reinstalled Office 07 - though I really shouldn't have had to. ...

generate .NET code from visio 2003
Hi ! How can i Generate .NET code from a UML made in visio 2003 ? I did searh the net and found this link but it says 404 ? http://msdnaa.net/Resources/Display.aspx?ResID=1949 the article title is Generating .NET Code Using Visio Enterprise Architect's UML So any one know how do that or any one have back up copy of this article Thanks which version of v2003 are you using. The EA version which comes with vs.net I believe has the process in the help facility. v2003 pro does not support forward engineering of uml... Al "Suhail Kaleem" <suhailkaleem@mailyoulike.com>...

ReadOnly Visio Document
Hi, I would like to lock a visio document so it can't be modified by th user. How can i write that in my Vb code? I've tried something like that : intRead = Visio.ActivePage.Document.ReadOnly intRead = True but it didn't work! pleaz help! thanx Avalon2 -- avalon2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- avalon27's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=18 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=69035 Visit - http://www.officehelp.in | http://www.officehelp.in/archive/index.php | http://www.officehelp.in/index...

Looking for ic templates for visio for 74s and CMOS
Looking for ic templates for visio for 74s and CMOS ...

Exchange 2000 Mailbox Permission in Mixed Mode
Hello, Recently I have started migrating our mailboxes from one EXCH2K server to a new one. We are in a mixed domain of NT4/Win2k. In the coming weeks I will be putting the NT4 Domain out to pasture. (This is the way I inherited the network) On some of the user mailbox moves, domain membership changes on the computer and domain authentication change, it has gone very smooth. We have Domain1 which is NT4 based and Domain2 which is Win2k ADS. However, on some of the accounts, the mailbox move goes great, but when the users log into Domain2 they can not access their mailboxes. They ar...

Outlook 2000
Hi, I have a problem with my Outlook 2000. As I often receive long Emails containing the complete discussion thread, I somethimes only want to print the first page. However different to all other Applications, Outlook denies the Option to select or restrict the amount of printed pages, only 'even or odd' pages can be selected. Does anyone has a clue? Bye, Tobias ...

Outlook 2000 Send problem
When sending mesasges through outlook, more often than not, the recipients do not receive them. The exception seems to be test messages i send to hotmail accounts make it to their junk folders. I first thought that maybe it was jsut recipients spam filters, but i have tested this several ways. I set up Eudora and used the import from outlook option so the settings specifying the servers are exactly the same ( i never get error messages from outlook anyway, the messages just do not get there). So, Eudora messages make it and Outlook 2000 ones dont. I suppose i could try OUtlok Express o...

calculate dates in Excel 2000
I have a spreadsheet with two date columns, a holiday start date and a holiday finish date. I need to calculate the amount of holidays taken but if I subtract one from the other, I get the wrong answer. Eg 01/01/05 and 10/01/05, would be 10 days taken, however the formula returns only 9. Any ideas please. -- Trainer Look at the NETWORKDAYS() function: will that do it for you? Your Jan 1 through Jan 10 example includes two weekends, so NETWORKDAYS will not be your best choice if you count weekend days as holidays. If you say "I'll be on holiday from the 7th through the 10th&...

Excel 2000 crashes when downloading from MS Template Gallery
I've been trying to download excel templates from the template gallery but excel crashes with a program error "a log will be created". The log shows a error code of c0000005 access violation. Anybody have any suggestions. Thanks... Renee ...

Exchange 2000 message Tracking Question
Hey guys: I have something extrange going on my SBS2000. One internal user claims he had sent an email on Jan 12 to another internal user. The receipient claims she didn't received the message. When I do the message tracking tool it shows that the message was actually delivered: 1/12/2005 12:43PM SMTP Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store 1/12/2005 12:43PM SMTP: Message Sugmited to Advanced Queing 1/12/2005 12:43PM SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advance Queue 1/12/2005 12:43PM SMTP: Message Submited to Categorizer 1/12/2005 12:43PM SMTO: Message Delivered locally to rose@mydom...

Outlook 2000/2 computers/2 email addresses/one cable connection
I've got a wireless connection between my main computer and one other one. I wanted to set up email on the wireless connected computer. I've got everything set up, I think with roadrunner, and I can SEND with the other computer. I just can't recieve emails on it. How can I do that? ...

Looking for Access 2000 to Purchase
We have a customer who has developed extensively using Access 2000. She has requested our help but we do not have the same version of Access as she does. I looked at the MS site and of course they no longer allow purchase/downloads of 2000. Does any one know where I can purchase a copy of Access 2000? Since my company is buying, we need a professional (not educational) license. Thanks. I do not know if 2003 is still available, but it will run 2000 in its native format. As to "professional" version, there really is not such thing in Access. If you are talking about having th...

Outlook 2000 freezes sending mail
Every 5 or 10 emails I send out, Outlook 2002 completely freezes up before it brings up the spell checker, and after I issue "send". It seems to usually only happen once the computer has awaken from hibernating, but of that, I am unsure. No other programs freeze up like that. I have Windows XP home edition, Compaq Presario notebook with 2400 Athlon, Office 2002, both XP and Office have been fully updated with MS downloadable updates, only about 4 windows up, with 512Meg of RAM. ...

Contacts deleted Exchange 2000
I have windows 2003 server and Exchange 2000, the contact folder of one of the users is shared on the server, the problem is this user by mistake deleted the contacts from his workstation so deleted from the conatct folder in the server too. So is there any solution to get it back again. This user use XP pro and outlook 2003 but the deleted Items folder is empty too. Thanks in advance. S.Sam wrote: > I have windows 2003 server and Exchange 2000, the contact folder of > one of the users is shared on the server, the problem is this user by > mistake deleted the contacts from his wor...