Converting Claris Impact files (old Apple files) to M'soft Visio"

Hello I understand the the best way to access old Claris Impact files are to
convert using m'soft visio. I'm completely new to this application & will be
grateful if anyone can take me throughm the process of doing this. I've had
a look at the Versiontracker website on salvaging claris impact files but I
couldn't work out how it could help me! I really need some step by step help.
I've got Visio 2007 installed on my XP Pro computer  Many thanks

visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Perhaps this link might help:
http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Orbital+Successfully+Completes+File+Converter+to+Allow+Claris+Impact...-a0102957067

WApperdude.

"Julia Sheppard" wrote:

> Hello I understand the the best way to access old Claris Impact files are to
> convert using m'soft visio. I'm completely new to this application & will be
> grateful if anyone can take me throughm the process of doing this. I've had
> a look at the Versiontracker website on salvaging claris impact files but I
> couldn't work out how it could help me! I really need some step by step help.
> I've got Visio 2007 installed on my XP Pro computer  Many thanks

0
WapperDude (134)
7/28/2009 7:35:01 PM
Well, this post may be more informative than the preceding one:
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1789710&start=15&tstart=-4.

Bottom line seems to be this:  with an older Mac, and an installed Claris
program, convert your files to PICT format.  See post for details.
Otherwise, it doesn't look like there's a good converter.

Wapperdude

"WapperDude" wrote:

> Perhaps this link might help:
> http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Orbital+Successfully+Completes+File+Converter+to+Allow+Claris+Impact...-a0102957067
>
> WApperdude.
>

> "Julia Sheppard" wrote:
>
> > Hello I understand the the best way to access old Claris Impact files are to
> > convert using m'soft visio. I'm completely new to this application & will be
> > grateful if anyone can take me throughm the process of doing this. I've had
> > a look at the Versiontracker website on salvaging claris impact files but I
> > couldn't work out how it could help me! I really need some step by step help.
> > I've got Visio 2007 installed on my XP Pro computer  Many thanks

0
WapperDude (134)

Visio 2000 : Error (100)
I have Visio 2000 with the latest updates installed. My PC crashed while the visio document was open. Now when I open the document, I get an error message "An error (100) occurre during the action Open File. Visio can not open the file because it's not a Visio file." And I could not open the file. I try deleting the temperory file from the directory, dosent help. Please let me know how do I recover my currepted file. Thanks, John John, I'm sorry, but I believe that your document is no longer recoverable. There is a way to prevent this from happening in the future tho...

File Save although no changes were made
Hello, I use Excel 2003 and use a spreadsheet that always prompts me to 'save file' upon closing it even though I have not made any changes to it. I did not find any =today() or =now() formulae. Can any one help, please? Thanks hvgmxx There are more volatile functions then the 2 you mentioned. There's "Indirect" and "Offset" just to name a couple more. Also, XL will try to save "older" versions of WSs, when opened in a newer version. -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Grou...

Excel (2000/2002) Slow to Save files with Many Worksheets
I have some files with nearly 200 worksheets, about 2.5 Mb (Not much data in each) which open in a fraction of a second (local drive on my new laptop), but take 20 seconds to save. I've checked all the FAQs and advice and tried everything. Still 20 seconds. I deleted all the names and data. Still 20 seconds. So I created a new blank workbook and just added 200 empty sheets. Not as bad - 7 seconds, but still outrageously slow. What in heaven's name is Excel doing all that time? If anyone could enlighten me I would be extremely grateful, especially if there is a way around the problem t...

Visio 2007
Dear all. Explanation of issue: I have published a visio file via sharepoint by saving the file as a webpage. I have several sheets in the visio page. When opening the file in sharepoint, it gives a generic view with the option of selecting what sheet to pick. However, it does not change the url address when I select a new sheet. It simply keeps the address the same regardless which sheet I choose. My target is to create a link directly to a sheet instead of seeing the overview. If I try this today, it will merely prompt me to the generic view first and from there I have to select the sheet...

software to convert English document to Hindi
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01CAA6B8.15132550 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there any software available to convert an English language text = document to Hindi language document by using dictionary based translation (not transliteration). For example: English text: My name converted to : =E0=A4=AE=E0=A5=87=E0=A4=B0=E0=A4=BE = =E0=A4=A8=E0=A4=BE=E0=A4=AE ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01CAA6B8.15132550 Content-Type: text/html; charset="utf-8" Content-Tran...

Referencing a text file for data instead of importing
Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but hopefully someone can help me out. My problem is, I am trying to figure out a way to reference data in a text file that has data with columns seperated by semicolons (;), and end of rows denoted by a space I think. Anyway, I have over a hundred of these text files, and in the past have just imported the data into a new spreadsheet in excel, but this is getting too big, and I am getting too many sheets, and I'm not sure, but I dont want to reach the limit. Is there a way to reference this data in the original text files from exce...

Need Access 2.0 Converter to Access 2002
Any idea how to get an Access 2.0 .mdb file converted to Access 2002? I just bought Office Pro with Access 2000 and it does not have a converter for this old file. The Office website says that no converter is currenty available. Thanks! > Any idea how to get an Access 2.0 .mdb file converted to > Access 2002? I just bought Office Pro with Access 2000 > and it does not have a converter for this old file. The > Office website says that no converter is currenty > available. Thanks! Create a new MDB in your new version of Access, then import all objects from the Access 2...

Sharing Excel File
Is it possible to share out an Excel file and for 2 (or more) people to access it at the same time with any changes saved as required. A bit like a database. I'm using Excel XP and Excel 2000. Thanks Hi use the feature 'Tools - share Workbook' Though shared workbooks have quite a restricted functionality. See the Excel help for more details -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "John" <johndoconnor.@yahoo.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:c6jcc.3402$qP2.10690@news.indigo.ie... > Is it possible to share out an Excel file and for 2 (or more) people to &g...

File::Open shows no error but file is not written
Hello After calling the following method: file.Open(sName, CFile::modeWrite | CFile::modeCreate, &ex); I see no error whatsoever (I event trace GetLastError and always get 'No errror occured.') but the file is not created and not written at all. It only happens if I earlier load some XML file using external library (the lib loads file using raw FILE handle and fopen, fclose functions). Is there some known problem with mixing FILE, CFile to load/save data which cause this behaviour ? thanks si si wrote: > Hello > > After calling the following method: > > fi...

MS Word into Visio Flow Chart
New to Visio ... trying to figure out if there is a way to use MS Word as a Form to pull a field setting bookmark (map) to a specific box/diagram entry in Visio. Any help or direction ... appreciated two scenarios. first you can use visio hyperlink to go to the document/bookmark. the second is write some vba code to do it under the covers. al "George Elkins" <George Elkins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE56E9D1-C117-4DC4-AA1C-DEFDEB32FC14@microsoft.com... > New to Visio ... trying to figure out if there is a way to use MS Word as > a > Form ...

Chart data file lost
I have a chart created by an intern last year, the data to create the chart was in a file stored in their temp files and is now lost. When I open that chart file the chart still has data in it so I know the file has the data stored somewhere in it. Has anyone ever had this issue, and were you able to get the data back out of the chart? Hi, If the chart series now contains actual values rather than links to ranges/cells you could try the following in order to recoup the data. Select a series, it's formula should be displayed in the formula bar. Something like this, =SERIES("se...

Cannot replace imageres.dll (win\system32), File in Use?
Trying to change the "imageres.dll" file to remove a stupid theme this computer came with. I've modified the file using ResHacker using all the proper image resolutions (and the images I want, the regular vista ones), but it will not let me overwrite the file. It seems to have nothing to do with permissions (they are all enabled properly), but I get the error as "Can not overwrite this file because it is in use by another program". What else can I do to try and replace it? -- KBeck Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com "KBeck" <KBe...

Question from MOS file E03C-1-1 , Creating data and contents
Hi, Am currently studying MOS 2003 - Excel Core Exam. Am practicing file E03C-1- from the practice folder where its giving the following instructions... Open the EditContent workbook, and on sheet1, select the contents of D7 for editing . Delete the period to the left of the 8, and insert a period between 8 and 5. Complete the correct corrected entry. Display Sheet2, and select A1:D3. Clear all the contents, formats and comments from the range. Display sheet3, select A1:D134, and clear only its formats. Q1) When it says "select the contents of D7 for editing . Delete the period t...

Print PDF files with margins cut --- HELP ME!
If I print a pdf file with the source listed below, print out with the trimmed edges. In fact I get a technical drawing with the missing information. The same results if I print from explorer context menu. If I open the pdf file with Acrobat and do printing, the printed sheet is correct. How do I properly print the entire PDF file through code? This is the code: Process proc = new Process(); proc.StartInfo.FileName = "c:\\filo.pdf"; proc.StartInfo.Verb = "Print"; proc.StartInfo.CreateNoWindow = true; proc.StartInfo.UseShellExecute = true; proc.Start...

Extract data from mny file without MS Money
Hi, I have used MS Money 2000 for many years on windows 2000 with no issues. I have about 6 or 7 accounts in my file and several years of data. I have now moved countries and jobs and have a new laptop. Stupidly I left the install disc in storage at home as I was sure that I could purchase a newer version of money and restore my backup. Yes I have my mny files with me. However it seems clear to me now that there is no new version of money for international users. Next best solution - I would like to convert this mny file to a QIF or QFX file so that I can at least get some data ...

Exporting to CSV File
Hi, I'm using VBA to export data from a table direct to a CSV file DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, , "ExportTable", filePath this produced a file with COMMA separated values, until...my computer got fried and the repair shop re-installed Windows XP in French (I live in France). Now when I run the export the values are separated by semi-colons. I've used the Regional Settings in the Control Panel and selected the English (UK) settings and this did make a difference to how Excel saves a spreadsheet in CSV format: semi-colon with French settings and comma with English, as...

Operation Failed Error Message when Trying to Attach Encrypted File to Message
Outlook 2003 SP1 running on Win XP for Tablet PC. Tried with Word as the email editor and without, same result. Two FAT partitions, no encryption and one NTSF partition with encryption turned on (it contains all my documents). When I create a new email or reply to an email and try to attach a file to send as an attachment, if the file is encrypted, I receive the error message "The Operation Failed." If I unencrypt the file, attaching it works fine. Also if I right-click the encrypted file from My Computer and chose Send To - Mail recipient from the menu, it works fine too....

Converting time h:m to amount of time h.h%
I need to convert time (3:15- 3 hours 15 min) to amount of time in hours (3.25 hours)- what should I do? Jenn Hi! Just multiply by 24. =A1*24 Format the cell as GENERAL Biff "Jenn" <Jenn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDA503A6-B164-4AD1-AA6D-4CFE15F49DF0@microsoft.com... >I need to convert time (3:15- 3 hours 15 min) to amount of time in hours > (3.25 hours)- what should I do? > Jenn http://cpearson.com/excel/datetime.htm -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL ...

Office X opens files twice
When double clicking on file icons to open them, Office X open the file twice. Strange behavior! Any suggestions? Am running Office X with all patches installed, and OS X 10.2.6. In article <321bce48.0309030247.742ac5b8@posting.google.com>, k.b.andersson@ioks.uio.no (KBA) wrote: > When double clicking on file icons to open them, Office X open the > file twice. Strange behavior! Any suggestions? > > Am running Office X with all patches installed, and OS X 10.2.6. All files? Do any other apps do this? "J.E. McGimpsey" <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote in mess...

Excel 2002 and the .emf files
I have a program that starts an instance of Excel 2002, creates a spreadsheet, prints it, and closes. It does this roughly 400 times a day. As you can imagine, this means that a lot of .emf files are going to be created by Excel, and this can fill up a hard drive if left unchecked. Is there a way to keep Excel from creating these files? Thanks. Joshua I assume you mean the EMF files generated by excel in the temp folder? These files are generated only/mostly? for embedded controls on worksheets. So your code may create sheets with embedded controls? Either: get rid of the embedded...

Difficulty saving files to "D" & "E" drives?
Whenever I try to save fiels to my removable disk drives (D & E) it says that I don't have access to them. that I have to see the administrator. This is my personal home computer. Sorry, this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to whatever version of Windows you're using. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "lobo" <lobo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72BCB01B-...

Help 2 file conversion
This might be of use to some: I wanted to be able to convert HXS files to CHM so that I could use any recent docs without necessarily installing a version of VS.Net, etc. (MS has not released an HXS viewer. There are free 3rd-party viewers, but they require the Help 2 runtime.... which requires VS.Net, recent MSDN subscription, etc. It's a circuitous mess of bloated dependencies, making it difficult to view HXS without installing lots of stuff and buying something or other.) The result is this: HXStoCHM http://www.jsware.net/jsware/scripts.php5#tochm It's a s...

Restoring Backup File to New Program
I have been using Money'98 for several years. My new machine came pre-installed with Money 2004. I am tying to "restore" my '98 backup into my 2004 program but am not sure how to proceed. (I've already crashed my new system by tyring to install the '98 program over the '04 program!) After reading the backup file, the system prompts me to "Please choose the Location where you want to restore the file". I open Microsoft Money in my Program Files and the following list presents: Calcs, Media, Money to Pocket PC, System, Works. I should I simply choos...

text is deleted from delimited file?
I am using Excel to build CSV files for MySQL database population. I am running into an intermittant problem with text being deleted when I reopen the file in Excel and when I import the file into MySQL. If I open the the text file with notepad, the text is still there. I have a file with 100+ rows and it only happens on a few of the rows. It's not happening in the same character space on each row. Any ideas? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I ...

Why doesn't the File Open list sort into filename order?
In Excel in a certain directory, when using "File" "open", the file list can not appear to be capable of sorting into alpha order by clicking the "name" column header. This is very inconvenient because it is a shared directory and other users report files missing when they are actually in the list elsewhere. Are you sure you're showing details in that dialog? cycler wrote: > > In Excel in a certain directory, when using "File" "open", the file list can > not appear to be capable of sorting into alpha order by clicking the &qu...