Combining multiple flow charts

How do you combine multiple flow charts in Visio 2003 Pro and not lose the
ability to edit the one you dragged into page 2? The new one moves as a
block, text editing doesnt work etc..
thanks
--
Philburnmaui
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Huh? Are you grouping the flowcharts somehow or doing a paste-link or
pasting as a metafile or something weird? Ordinarily, Visio data will drag
and drop into other Visio containers as regular old Visio data - nothing
fancy or weird should happen along the way.

How exactly are you doing this?

--
Hope this helps,

Chris Roth
Visio MVP

"Philip Burnett" <PhilipBurnett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do you combine multiple flow charts in Visio 2003 Pro and not lose the
> ability to edit the one you dragged into page 2? The new one moves as a
> block, text editing doesnt work etc..
> thanks
> --
> Philburnmaui

0
Chris

Refresh Data in Multiple Forms
FormA can be opened from, and supplies data to, multiple List forms which contain lists of data entered and edited using FormA. After editing, entering, etc. using FormA, I would like to refresh any List forms that are loaded. I am able to write code for FormA's Close button to do this for a specific List form, but get errors if that particular List form is not open at the time. How can I refresh all opened List forms after clicking a close button? This is a single user ACC2000 .mdb database. I saw in the NWinds database module code that returns a True value if a form is loaded. Doe...

Stacked chart #4
Hi. I'm hoping this can be done in Excel and that the fabulous discussion group can show me how... I need a "thermometer" type chart and think a Stacked chart might work. Basically, I need to set a goal and show how I'm meeting it. I'm trying to meet an ultimate goal of 57, so 60 could be the max. I've already completed 28. Each week I set a weekly goal, say for this week, a goal of 3 but only complete 2. I'd like the stacked chart to show 28 in one color, a line 3 above that and have only 2 of the 3 colored in. Next week, the goal may be 6 with 7 complet...

Is it possible to overlay one chart on top of another
I would like to overlay 2 charts with different y-axis and the same x-axis? thanks, Curtis Select one of the series, Format Axis, select secondary axis. -- David Biddulph "Curtis" <Curtis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41BF8770-5678-4742-8CDC-B951C8A1E52E@microsoft.com... >I would like to overlay 2 charts with different y-axis and the same x-axis? > > thanks, > > Curtis Any more details?? thanks, cd "David Biddulph" wrote: > Select one of the series, Format Axis, select secondary axis. > -- > David Biddulph &g...

lower and upper chart
How can i create a worksheet with an upper and a lower chart? Like the Bloomberg Charts. Upper chart with date, open, high, low and close. Lower chart with other indicator. Thanks Probably easiest to create 2 charts and align and format them to look like one. See Stacked Charts http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/stacked_charts/index.html -- Regards, Tushar Mehta http://www.tushar-mehta.com Custom business solutions leveraging a multi-disciplinary approach "pb" wrote: > How can i create a worksheet with an upper and a lower chart? Like the > Bloomberg Chart...

combine sheets
Hi! I have a workbook with 50 worksheets. And i want to combine 50 sheets into one sheet Is it possible? If yes then how Thanks in Advance Hardeep Kanwar Good morning See http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "renu98" <hardeep.kanwar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8c836841-6ebe-4834-9e10-971a37f5071e@q1g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi! > > I have a workbook with 50 worksheets. And i want to combine 50 sheets > into one sheet > > Is it possible? > If yes then how > > Thanks in Adva...

Adding Data Information to a Chart
I have a stacked bar chart, with the stacks representing total hours o various groupings of personal. I would like to add data to the chart, but here is the problem. It i easy to add the data value, category name, and/or series name to th chart using the Format Data Series options. However, I need to add dat from another area on the data sheet, which are the numbers representin how many persons are currently in each grouping. Data example: HOURS NUMBERS Group A Group B Group C Group A Group B Group C Nov 1 1000 750 ...

Moving info from multiple sheets (ove 130) into a single sheet
I am attempting to analyze financial data that is only available in a poorly organized text file. Currently we have developed a macro that imports the file to excel, then breaks out the information by individual componants on separate sheets. I have two actions to perform to make this a readable report: 1) The reference data on each sheet is in cells A1:B3 (Col A has the lable, Col B has the data). I'd like to populate this next to every line item on the sheet. 2)I'd like to consolidate all this info onto a summary sheet for reporting purposes (or to make a pivot table, etc). These ...

Combining fields into one line
I want to make a report off of a query. That query lists the name, id, and items bought (Product). For each item bought, there's a new line with the name and id and then the product purchased. I want to make a report that lists the name, id, and then products purchased on one line per individual name. Below is what I have and then what I'm trying to get. What I have: Name ID Product John Hascua 1234 computer John Hascua 1234 Phone John Hascua 1234 Monitor Jeff Green 1524 computer Jeff Green 1524 Memory Card The way I ...

Stacked Colums Chart
I have 2 graphs which are stacked colums charts. They represent million of policies per month. The x-axis and y-axis are the same on both graphs. I want to know if I can have instead of 2 graphs just one graph wit both combines. So for month 1 you would have 2 colums side by sid instead of 1. I attached a sheet with the graphs to make it easier. THANKS, appreciate it -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com here is the attached fil Attachment filename: chart.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=58508 -- Messag...

how do I make multiple pie charts at the same time?
I have multiple lines of data and I want to make multiple pie charts (over 50) at the same time by simply going down the row and creating a pie chart with each row. I can't figure out a macro on how to do it, and simply copying and pasting and then deleting a series resets all of my formatting preferences! A long time ago (nearly 5 years!) I posted this macro that makes a pie for each row in the data range. The data is in A:E, with the category labels in A1:E1 and the values in each row below that. The charts are overlapped ot the right of the data. Sub LotsaPies() ' Macro ...

Help with Multiple Worksheet Setup
I have created a new workbook with 2 worksheets in Excel 2002. There is some text on both worksheets. Now I select both tabs, Sheet 1 and Sheet 2. I want to setup all worksheets to print 2 copies. With both tabs selected I go to Page Setup | Sheet | Options | Advanced | and change Copy Count to 2, non collated. Now when I go to File | Print I would expect to see 2 copies for both pages. For some reason it is not working. I see 2 copies for the last worksheet that I selected but only 1 copy for the other worksheet. Is this not the correct procedure or is there a problem with my Excel? ...

Excel 2003 chart sheet disappears in Excel 2007
An Excel 2003 file has spreed sheets and chart sheets visible when opened with Excel 2003, but some of the chart sheets are not present when the file is opened in my Excel 2007 -- however, some are present! I sent the file to someone else who has Excel 2007 and he is able to see all of the chart sheets on his Excel 2007. What settings should I be tweaking to see all of the chart sheets? ...

Receiving email at multiple locations
I have Outlook 2003 configured with a POP server and receive email there without incident. I also have a Blackberry and an iPod Touch, both configured to receive email from the same account. Despite the fact that Outlook is instructed to leave mail on the server (via the Advanced tab in More Options), when Outlook is open, my two mobile devices do not receive email, except in the lucky circumstance of them happening to check for mail before Outlook does. Why is this happening? How can I get all three locations to get along? Is the only solution to configure Outlook as an IMAP server? I...

Need help using objects and charts together
I have a line chart that tracks data for a 12 month period. So as not to mess up the chart, I added a drawn line and text box for information covering only the two most recent months. When I click in the sheet anywhere off the chart, you can see the line, but when I click on the chart anywhere the drawn objects disappear. I am copying the charts to a powerpoint presentation and the drawn objects also don't transfer to that. I have tried selecting the items and telling it to move forward or to the front, I have also tried telling the chart to move to the back. Neither of these o...

Multiple value field displaying number instead of what is in the table
I have two columns on my report. One column named Loss Category that is bound by the field Loss Category on my table and is set up as a combo box that allows multiple values to be selected on the form. For example, a user may select fraud or personal injury OR fraud and personal injury. The second column on my report is named Risk Information that has the following expression: RiskInfo: "Loss Date: " & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & [Loss Date] & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & "Insurance Defense:" & Chr(13) & Chr(10) &a...

Chart Type to use? (XY Scatter points over time)
I have not used charts very often and am not sure how to capture the data mentioned below properly within a chart/graph. Currently I have a graph (XY scatter point), which plots 2 percentages (ability to plan vs ability to deliver) against each other. So the data points are plotted for about 17 series (E1, E2, etc for simplicity) which places them in the graph in the 4 possible quadrants in the graph. This is performed monthly. This works fine. The new requirement is to show trending of these intersected dots. So they want to see the trend of where these intersection points occur over ti...

Timeline chart in Access
Hi- Most people who want timelines use Microsoft Project. However, some people here find it difficult to use Project and they also don't think the timelines in Project come out looking "pretty". They want to use Access so that they can use the user-friendly forms to update and change data, and so they can manipulate the visual appeal of the report. If I have a listing of rigs and start dates/end dates of when they are online, is it possible to get a timeline graph like I would see in Project? We have switched to 2007, but have old versions of 2003 if needed. There is ...

vertical text across multiple cells
How can I type vertical text across multiple cells. I need to type text from C2: downward across several cells depending on the length of the word. If I try it it wants to enlarge the size of C2: to accommodate the text. Highlight the cells across which the text should span. Then on the menu bar: Format > Cells, click the Alignment tab. Select the 'merge cells' checkbox and, if you want, use the dial to orient the text. "BThrasher" wrote: > How can I type vertical text across multiple cells. I need to type text from > C2: downward across several cells depe...

How to find multiple cells/replace whole cells w/data
I am trying to find a specific set of characters in multiple cells in a column. Once found, I need to replace the data within found cells with a specific text string. I have been able to replace a text string, but not the whole cell. Perform a search and replace, and add an asterisk before and after your "search for" parameter. Replace with your desired cell contents. Search for: *your text here* Replace with: desired cell contents Instead of 'Find', turn on data filters and select Custom... Use the drop-downs to make the condition 'contains' and then ente...

How can I make an Excel time series chart?
My data is like this: PersonID Date TimeIn TimeOut 1 1/1/2008 03:18 05:18 2 1/1/2008 11:19 14:21 3 1/3/2008 09:27 15:29 I would like to make a chart that shows how many people were present for each hour of the day (1 to 24) Thanks MA MA, Arrange a table in the following manner: Time In Time Out 8:00 9:00 10:00 11:00 7:15 10:19 1 1 1 0 5:02 9:26 1 1 0 0 8:35 12:00 0 1 1 1 Sums 2 3 2 1 Put time marks (hours) into the head row. Put Excel functions like =If(And(C$4>$A5,C$4<$B5),1,0) by proper c...

Is there a way to offset the y-axis of a chart without having the.
I'm making a xy scatter graph for my boss. She wants me to offset the y-axis to the right a little, but does not want anything to the left of it. Is there a way to do this in Excel? Do you want to make the Plot Area narrower? Select the plot area and drag the little black handles. Or do you want the minimum of the X axis to be larger, a positive number instead of zero? Double click on the X axis, click on the Scale tab, and choose appropriate parameters. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.co...

Blank Series in Charts
I want to create a chart with 25 different seies'. The problem is that some of the series will be blank sometime. But I d not want to include all of the series' all of the time. The data will be present at all times. I have worked out how to make excel ignore the data for the series. Th problem is that I end up with 25 series in my legend when only 4-5 ma be on the graph. Can anyone help me with this? Many thanks in advanc -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Create a chart from all the data Select the data on which the chart is based. Choose Data>Filter>AutoF...

How do I query multiple data values in same field?
I need to create a query that returns first record of every group. So far, I can write sql statement to pull all occurance of defined groups (i.e. Peach, Apple). But can't pull first record of any group. I'm new to query! How do I accomplish this? Apple (500-record occurances) Orange (400-records occurances) Peach (50-record occurances) banana (20-record occurances) Results: first record of each group:\apple\orange\peach\banana dcMcK wrote: >I need to create a query that returns first record of every group. So far, I >can write sql statement to ...

How to include minor tick labels on logarithmic axes in charts
When I make a chart with a logarithmic axis (a xy chart with the y axis logarithmic) I cannot get the minor tick labels plotted on the logarithmic axis (I can get the minor grid lines). Is there a way to solve this? XL's handling of a log scale is rather limited. You may be better off simulating one. See Flexible Log Scale http://www.tushar- mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/flexible_log_scale/index.html -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <6EBFB1D9-35E2-4AAD-AF63-54A856F9F68B@...

Outlook 2007 opening multiple times
Hi I am using Windows 7 and Outlook 2007. When I used to use Vista and Outlook 2007 I could open outlook, minimise it and then click the Outlook icon in my taskbar (or click the icon that appears in the system tray) and it would maximise a minimised outlook. Now, on Windows 7, I find the taskbar icon opens another instance of outlook - identical to the previously minimised one. It will do this over and over creating any number of identical outlooks and in order to close outlook before I shut down, I have to close each and every outlook instance individually! How can I ...