Changing the background colour on Visio?

Hi - does anyone know how to change the background colour on Visio 2003?  I
can't find a plain background template that allows you to choose your own
colour.  I've changed the background settings to grey, but it still prints
out white so I must be doing something wrong.  If anyone could help it would
be much appreciated.
0
Marcia (27)
7/19/2006 1:49:01 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Marcia

I'm having the same problem, did oyu ever figure out how to print the
background color?

Thanks!

Paul

"Marcia" <Marcia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi - does anyone know how to change the background colour on Visio 2003?
> can't find a plain background template that allows you to choose your own
> colour.  I've changed the background settings to grey, but it still prints
> out white so I must be doing something wrong.  If anyone could help it
> would
> be much appreciated.

0
pmorash (1)
8/11/2006 3:15:01 PM
Hi Paul, No, no joy as yet I'm afraid

Marcia

"All News" wrote:

> Hi Marcia
>
> I'm having the same problem, did oyu ever figure out how to print the
> background color?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Paul
>

> "Marcia" <Marcia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi - does anyone know how to change the background colour on Visio 2003?
> > can't find a plain background template that allows you to choose your own
> > colour.  I've changed the background settings to grey, but it still prints
> > out white so I must be doing something wrong.  If anyone could help it
> > would
> > be much appreciated.

0
Marcia (27)
8/14/2006 8:31:02 AM
The following article explains how to change the various background colours.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP850527111033.aspx

As to printing, the drawing background is the area that is NOT printed. It
outlines the area that will be printed. If you are referring to the white
area, the above article will explain how to change the colour, but the
colour is not printed. To get a printable background you need to add a shape
that covers the printable area. There are various backgrounds in some of the
stencils you can add to a background page. The simpliest method is to just
add a square to the page and stretch it to the page.

John...    Visio MVP

Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm
Need VBA examples?   http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm
Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm
Visio Wishlist       http://www.mvps.org/visio/wish_list.htm

> Hi Paul, No, no joy as yet I'm afraid
>
> Marcia
>
> "All News" wrote:
>
>> Hi Marcia
>>
>> I'm having the same problem, did oyu ever figure out how to print the
>> background color?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Paul
>>

>> "Marcia" <Marcia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi - does anyone know how to change the background colour on Visio
>> > 2003?
>> > can't find a plain background template that allows you to choose your
>> > own
>> > colour.  I've changed the background settings to grey, but it still
>> > prints
>> > out white so I must be doing something wrong.  If anyone could help it
>> > would
>> > be much appreciated.

0
lancucki (505)
8/14/2006 12:47:46 PM
Thanks John - really helpful, the tip about stretching the square over the
page and then sending it to the back worked.

Marcia

"John Marshall, MVP" wrote:

> The following article explains how to change the various background colours.
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP850527111033.aspx
>
> As to printing, the drawing background is the area that is NOT printed. It
> outlines the area that will be printed. If you are referring to the white
> area, the above article will explain how to change the colour, but the
> colour is not printed. To get a printable background you need to add a shape
> that covers the printable area. There are various backgrounds in some of the
> stencils you can add to a background page. The simpliest method is to just
> add a square to the page and stretch it to the page.
>
> John...    Visio MVP
>
> Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm
> Need VBA examples?   http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm
> Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm
> Visio Wishlist       http://www.mvps.org/visio/wish_list.htm
>
> "Marcia" <Marcia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Paul, No, no joy as yet I'm afraid
> >
> > Marcia
> >
> > "All News" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Marcia
> >>
> >> I'm having the same problem, did oyu ever figure out how to print the
> >> background color?
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >>
> >> Paul
> >>

> >> "Marcia" <Marcia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Marcia (27)

Visio 2007
The themes in Visio 2007 only allow for the setting of the theme font, NOT the font size or style (bold, italic, etc.). So the question is, when I start a Visio diagram how can I ensure that the starting font size is 12 and not 8 pt, bold and not regular. It appears that there is no way to do this, other than perhaps changing registry values. BTW: I use Visio on both XP and Vista. Peregrine Go to the menu bar > Format > Define Styles. The menu allows you to define a custom style which includes font face, size, etc. HTH Wapperdude "Peregrine Maitland" wrote: > T...

How to change the string value in the registry?
How to change the "string value" in the registry from the code? As there is a functionality in my application that the user can change the "string value" with some GUI. But I m not able to change it as there is a function RegReplaceKey but its only to take the backup of old file and to replace it with new one and even i dont know how to use this functin to suit my case. RegSetValue/Ex() should do it I think. -Seetharam Look at the Registry APIs. Also, take a look at my Registry class on my MVP Tips site. joe On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 23:59:33 -0700, HItz <hitesh_im...

The background clolor of Calendar(s)
Is there a way to change the background color of Calendar(s)? Thanks In Outlook 2003, yes. Since you neglected to include your version and your need to ask, probably not. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Mike asked: | Is there a way to change the background color of Calendar(s)? | | Thanks Sorry about that. In Outlook 2003 I would like to change the background color of shared(delegate) calendars. How can ...

Hide columns according to background fill color
I am having trouble understanding how Excel handles colors. I have a public sub that sets a public variable, "TermColor" using the RGB function. TermColor is of type MsoRGBType. In another module, I use the TermColor variable as follows: Sub WeedColsByColor(ByRef Clr, ByRef WS) Dim LastCol, i As Long With Worksheets(WS) LastCol = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Row - 1 + ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count 'hide columns if they have one of the forbidden colors Debug.Print (CBool(.Cells(2, i).Interior.Color = Clr)) ...

Name change due to marriage...
I have a user who recently got married and would like to have her new married name for her emails, but also wants external users to be able to send emails to her old address until she has adequate time to inform everyone. Her new email would be something like lastname-newname, firstname instead of lastname, firstname. Should I create a new account with her new name and forward all her emails from the old account to the new one and can I copy her current pst into the new one? THanks for everyone's help. No. Just highlight her account in ADUC, and choose re-name. Make the neede...

Unable to Open received PO (change to "change order")
Great Plains will not allow me to change this Purchase Order from Received to Change Order: Here is the message I get: However, if I try to enter a quantity cancelled, I get: How can I re-open this Purchase Order so I can change the price??? Thank you. Unfortunately, the pasted messages did not come through. Once a line item is received, you can change its cost only during invoice matching. The process would be to return the item; add a new row with the correct cost; and receive and invoice the new item. Not an elegant solution, for sure. -- Charles Allen, MVP &quo...

Changing font size in data validation drop-down lists
In Excel 2003, I created the value list on a separate worksheet and labled the range so I could use it in the data validation wizard on a different worksheet. The list is working fine; however, the font size in the drop-down list is too small to comfortably read. So far, I have tried: Making the font in the list larger. Formatting larger font size in the active cell with the drop-down button And, creating the list on the same worksheet. All three remedies have not increased the size of the font in the drop-down list. Suggestions are welcome. Great Optimism, Dutch Driver There is n...

Tracked changes function misbehaving
I have a simple workbook (2002) in which the Track Changes feature is enabled. End users have reported periodic problems with the contents of cells "mysteriously" changing. In process of investigating these, have found that when tracked changes are highlighted, the comments that describe changes are not always associated with the correct cell. Example, comment on cell B114 states "Changed cell B114 from '<blank>' to '12345'". In fact, contents of cell B114 is "67890" and contents of cell B104 is actually "12345". Has anyone...

Excel date changes
I have created a spreadsheet using excel which requires the use dates on a monthly basis (similar to a calendar). The problem I have is that every month I have to go in and change the dates on the spreadsheet to reflect those of the current month before printing. Is there a way I can make it so that excel does that for me every month. Thanks, I'd really appreciate the input. Please elaborate on what the spreadsheet looks like. "phonescoop@hotmail.com" wrote: > I have created a spreadsheet using excel which requires the use dates > on a monthly basis (similar to a cal...

Change order of A/R Statements
How can I change the order in which customer statements print out of RMS? I would like to print statements sorted by company name. Currently, the statements print in some random order....I think based on CustomerID. Paul, I agree. I just had a customer tell me the same thing. They need the statements in Alphabetical order. The current order appears to be straight out of the customer table in the order they were entered. It has been posted as a suggestion - vote for it and push it higher on the "list". Claude "Paul Arenson" wrote: > How can I chang...

Changing URL from Ticker Symbol
Many of partners in Japan want to changing URL from Ticker Symbol in order to jump to a web site in Japan instead of http://moneycentral.msn.com/ . ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowse...

can i see the date the last time a cell was changed?
I am trying to figure out a formulla to make the date appear in one cell everytime anouther cell's data is chaged. Use a worksheet_change event to copy the cell address and put in a date stamp. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "JohnNuTek" <JohnNuTek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5085A544-CBF4-4B81-A244-B03DE9A0E9E6@microsoft.com... >I am trying to figure out a formulla to make the date appear in one cell > everytime anouther cell's data is chaged. There really isn't a worksheet formula to do that. Typicall...

Unhandled database exception: A get/change operation on table 'Bat
During Edit Checks, we get the following message: Unhandled database exception: A get/change operation on table 'Batch_Headers' could not find a record. Then we get this message: This transaction was recovered during normal processing. You may continue processing this transaction. Any suggestions? You might want to run Check Links on payables. Before doing this, make sure you have a backup of your dynamics and company databases. Brenner -- www.KlenzmanConsulting.com "GPI" wrote: > During Edit Checks, we get the following message: > > Unhandled databas...

trouble changing data type
I am running MS Access 2007 on Windows XP Professional 2002 (SP2). I need to change the data type of a single field in a table containing just over 1.4M records in order to link it with another table and run a Make-Table Query, but Access is telling me I do not have enough memory to change the data type. I have 1GB of RAM and a Pentium 4, 2.79 GHz processor. Am I out of luck based on the equiptment I am working with, or is there a way around this? Much appreciated. -- Kevin Philadelphia, PA First backup your database. Next Compact and Repair. Third add the new field datatype. C...

Changing size and placement of maximized dialog
Hi, I want to have maximized window not on all screen. how to change maximized size and placement of dialog ? I red doc for SetWindowPlacement(&wPlac) and I have tried in OnInitDialog(): wPLac.length = sizeof(WINDOWPLACEMENT); GetWindowPlacement(&wPlac); wPlac.ptMaxPosition.x = 200; wPlac.ptMaxPosition.y = 200; SetWindowPlacement(&wPlac) But after dialog is maximized it is on all screen. What is wrong ? Peter "Peter": > I want to have maximized window not on all screen. > how to change maximized size and placement of dialog ? > I red doc for SetWindowPlaceme...

SFO error message "write protected change are not synchronized" 07-28-05
Hi! When I am changing (closing) an kalender activity from my CRM SFO klient i recieve an message that "The item is write protected in Microsoft CRM. Changes are not synchronized to the Microsoft CRM system" (translatet error message). Do you have any ide what i wrong? ...

Change the format of my footer {date} option?
I would like to show the date in my footer as January 25, 2005 instead of the default 01/25/05 Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.LeftFooter = Format(Date, "mmmm dd, yyyy") End With End Sub put this in the ThisWorkbook code module. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Tori" <Tori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:817363F1-32AB-4528-B1D6-304F8E712EA8@microsoft.com... > I would like to show the date in my footer as January 25, 2005 instead of the &g...

Opening an old Word document, date changed to current date
When I open old Word documents, the date gets automatically changed to the current date and I can't view the date that the document actually had. I am using MS Office 2007, but the old document was created in Word 2003. I can see the date that the file was last modified in the details of the file, but I cant guarantee that the date of the document is the same as the date last modified for the file. Press Alt+F9 to toggle the field code display and edit the DATE field code to read CREATEDATE. Then Alt+F9 to toggle back and F9 to update. The date displayed will be the date th...

Automatic sending massages( in background)
Most of the time i receive a massages(E-mail) from server (Etisalat) that my massage failed to send (from:internet mail server) (subject: problem during delivery processing)(Message-id:<BAY114-W39F46A05A177215177A8F5A7990@phx.gbl>) this is one example of id You haven't given us much to go on. As a minimum we would need to see a verbatim copy of the failure notice. Are these messages you have sent? If not, they are probably emails sent out by a spammer who is using your 'From' address. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.c...

Change series in a chart
Hi guys, My first post. I have data for residents of the care home that I work at. One example is their monthly weights. I presently have the data in the following form: jan feb mar apr may Resident 1 108 109 107 105 106 Resident 2 220 225 219 226 222 I would like to have a control box or something on the line chart of a resident's weights so that I can choose which resident's monthly weights to display. The x-axis is the month and the y-axis the weight. I can't seem to figure out how to get a macro to do this. Thanks a bunch Stuart -- trispirit3...

It auto changes font size on e-mail entries, WHY?
We have a document set up in Excel (version 2000) and when I type in a e-mail address in the contact info area of the document, it automatically decreases the font to a 6 instead of a 16 like the rest of the page. I have tried formatting this cell, and simply saving it as that size on the blank document, but nothing is working. Please help. You can change the format for the Hyperlink style. Format|Style|Style Name: Hyperlink and click modify to change it to what you want. Styles live in the workbook. So changing the hyperlink style in this workbook won't affect any other workboo...

Unable to view changes to spreadsheet
Mary uses Office 2000 on a Windows 2000 pro computer. She claims she updated an Excel file on the shared drive and no one can see the changes. I checked the security of the Excel file - it has Everyone: read, write, execute. It's on the shared drive so everyone has access to it. She made the changes using someone else's Windows 2000 pro machine (not her own). I checked the time and date of the Excel file , it seems she saved the changes . What would make the changes not appear in the Excel file? Is there some security setting within Excel I don't know about.? ...

Changing Part of a Formula En Mass
Good morning, I need to edit part of a formula in many cells - but they don't all follow each other - so I cannot use the fill option. Is there anyway that I can edit text within the spreadsheet? Almost like a flat file where I do a find and replace? Thanks Yes, you can do Find & Replace (CTRL-H). Post some examples of your formulae if you need further help. Pete On May 26, 9:31=A0am, "Jim" <zj...@live.co.uk> wrote: > Good morning, > > I need to edit part of a formula in many cells - but they don't all follo= w > each other ...

Allow us to change the default view in History to all dates
Various customers of ours find a default filter of 30 days of History inconvenient. We need the ability to change the default to All Dates, 1 year, 2 years, etc. A user preference should work well. -- Please forgive me; I was raised by wolves. :) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&...

Changing default character set from Japanese in Outlook 2003?
We have a number of users who require the use of the Japanese character based version of Windows XP SP2. A number of them initially accessed their Exchange 2003 SP2 mailboxes using these clients via webmail. However, a number of them have now been migrated over to English versions of Windows XP SP2 and Outlook 2003. The issue is that when they connect to their mailbox using the English language version of Outlook, certain folders on the Exchange Server (Inbox, Sent Items, Deleted Items, etc.) are all showing up using the Japanese character set. Is there a way to default these fold...