cannot delete text field

I have a shape group with a sub shape that displays one of the parent
shapes custom properties via a custom formula field.  I inadvertently
added two of the fields so that now the data is displayed twice.  When
I right click on the extra field in the "Insert Field" dialog  there
is no drop down menu, just hitting the delete key does nothing.  In
the shape sheet when I select the corresponding row the delete option
on the drop down menu is grayed out?

How do I delete this field?

visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hey Guy don't abuse of the fresh beer when working on Visio (Dont be angry
i'm jocking)

    If you want to delete the custom propertie you must open the custom
properties dialog box (Shape=>Custom properties-Visio 2003 or  Data=>Shape
data - Visio 2007 or with the context menu of the shape) and not the insert
field command.

    In the shapesheet, to have the delete menu not grayed you must select a
row and not only the custom properties section.

All the best.

"Robert H" <robert.hatcher@l-3com.com> a �crit dans le message de
>I have a shape group with a sub shape that displays one of the parent
> shapes custom properties via a custom formula field.  I inadvertently
> added two of the fields so that now the data is displayed twice.  When
> I right click on the extra field in the "Insert Field" dialog  there
> is no drop down menu, just hitting the delete key does nothing.  In
> the shape sheet when I select the corresponding row the delete option
> on the drop down menu is grayed out?
>
> How do I delete this field?

0
mich.laplane (167)

Delete email without opening?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop How do I delete an email without opening the message. I have received emails that I want to delete without opening but if I click on them to delete, they open. <br><br>Thank you in advance. > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3343745054_1473713 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Click on the massage with right ...

Why put 'junk' mail in Junk E-mail, when it goes into 'Deleted Items' anyway?
OS 10.4.11 Ibook g4 Entourage 11.4.0 Hi, Does putting junk mail into the the junk email icon (pink envelope) first have any more effect on minimizing future junk mail than just deleting it (trash can) the first time around. I put junk into the 'Junk' envelope. Then, when I select/delete it from there, it goes into the 'Deleted Items', where it would have gone right away if I'd just clicked the trash can in the first place. Is there a reason for taking two steps in getting rid of junk mail, instead of one�deleting it? Thanks, Rafael Rafael Mont...

Re: Find last cell in a column, Delete its contents and make it ac
Sub uselastcellinL() Application.Goto Cells(Rows.Count, "L").End(xlUp) ActiveCell.ClearContents End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Don Guillett" <dguillett1@gmail.com> wrote in message news:... > Sub deletelastcellinL() > Cells(Rows.Count, "L").End(xlUp).Delete shift:=xlUp > End Sub > > -- > Don Guillett > Microsoft MVP Excel > SalesAid Software > dguillett@gmail.com > "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:D...

How to filter which batches to delete?
Hello: I've been having some issues with batches getting deleted by a "ghost", according to my users, when in fact it must some user who's doing it on purpose. The thing is that now i want to filter out no matter which module or batch type, the users, all of them, can only delete empty batches, those who say "available" and "There are no transactions". I've tried doing it with the option "Field Security level", but i did not work, or i didn't do it correctly, either way, is there other procedure, or do i have to do it in coding. ...

Automatic text from 1 cell to several others
Hi, Can anyone help me with this. What I want to do is enter text into 1 cell and have it fill 2 or 3 other cells with the input text. Is there any way of doing this. Thanks -- Erik V ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Erik V's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31449 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=511375 a simple formula way =a1 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Erik V" <Erik.V.232vkm_1139683200.5518@excelforum-nospam.com> wrot...

Checking text length.
I have a large list of names (about 2500) in microsoft excel but I need to find all cells within a column that have a text length of more than 30 characters including spaces. Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to start counting? Thanks. Chris. Hi one way: - select your data (e.g. cells A1:A3000) - goto 'format - Conditional Format) - enter the following formula =LEN(A1)>30 - choose a format to highlight these cells >-----Original Message----- >I have a large list of names (about 2500) in microsoft excel but I need to >find all cells within a column that have a te...

create rule based on the DISPLAYED from field
Hi Group, I'm using Outlook 2007. Is it possible to create a rule that searches the text displayed in the "from" field? I would like to delete messages with certain offensive words in the "from" field, but I'm unable to find any rule that does that. I can see the words of "interest" if I go to Message options / Internet headers, but how do you build a rule based on that ? thank you, andy use a 'words in the header' rule. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchan...

Text Form Field Maximum Character Length
I want to have a text form field that has a maximum character limit of 300 characters. I go into properties and set the max length to 300 and select calculate on exit, but it doesn't stop entries over the 300 characters. Any suggestions? It is Word 2003. -- Thanks, Angie ...

Text To Date Conversion
Hi I run Excel 2000 I download information from a mainframe into Excel. In cell F5 the data looks like this: 19.11.2007 This is formatted as text and is left aligned. When I try to reformat it to a date (19/11/2007) it does not change. I would like to have a formula in cell N5 that changes the original data to a datevalue. (eg: 19/11/2007) Thanks If column F contains a lot of the "date" values, then you could: Data|Text to columns Fixed width (but don't have any separator lines!) choose Date (dmy order) and finish up Then give the range the date ...

text not wrapping in column
I have an Excel spread sheet with columns of wrapped text. At a certain point, the text stops wrapping. If I try to shrink to fit, the text disappears. Any ideas? ...

I'm having problems inserting text files from notepad
When I try to insert a text file created in notepad, which contains characters such as £, $ or letters with symbols over them, into a text box in Publisher 2003 it comes up with a File Conversion window, and the options to choose the Text encoding option. This didnt happen in our older version of Publisher, on our old PCs. We have new PC running Windows XP and Office Professional 2003 and I want to be able to insert the files without this window appearing. I have checked the registry and CharacterSet value is set to ANSI. Any suggestions on what is happening and how I can correct...

Trouble forwarding email as text message using SMS
I have set up to forward specific emails to my cell phone as text messages. The content of the message does not come thru as part of the text (these messages are SHORT messages) Any suggestions? -- Sheri Sheri <Sheri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have set up to forward specific emails to my cell phone as text > messages. The content of the message does not come thru as part of > the text (these messages are SHORT messages) > Any suggestions? No need to ask more than once. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Automate text import
Hi, I've wrtten a batch file to audit all our servers, what I'd now like to do though is come up with a way excel can load these text files into one worksheet. Can anyone please help? Below is an example of the data gathered - the text files are named after the computer. Thanks Ben Computername: TEST Kernel version: Microsoft Windows 2000, Uniprocessor Free Product type: Professional Service pack: 3 IE version: 5.0100 System root: C:\WINNT Processors: 1 Processor speed...

Text using Alt+Enter does not show up (row height not a problem)
How much text is there? If i'm not mistaken excel has a max of 102 characters per cell so if your exceeding that, text will not show. HTH J -- pinmaste ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=626 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49891 It's almost 32k characters that can be in a cell. Excel's help states that only 1024 are visible, but that isn't correct if you pepper the text with alt-enters every 80-100 characters....

Can I control the tab key from one text box to another?
I recently saw a posting re: controling the tab key when jumping from one specific cell to another using "named range"... can I do something similar with text boxes? Once a text box is selected, then the tab key will take you to the next text box. Bob Umlas Excek MVP "Debbie" <debbie_cox@wvi.org> wrote in message news:535435ca.0407121113.7277ae90@posting.google.com... > I recently saw a posting re: controling the tab key when jumping from > one specific cell to another using "named range"... can I do something > similar with text boxes? Hi Bob...

Can't get a value from a querry into a forms text box
I have a main Shippin Control table, and a main Shipping Control form with description of cargo and quantity text boxes. I have a querry which is a join of tblValues and tblShipping_Control. The SQL is below SELECT Shipping_Control.DescriptionofCargo, Shipping_Control.CargoQty, tblValues.Value, ([Shipping_Control].[CargoQty]*[tblValues].[Value]) AS CommercialValue, Shipping_Control.ShippingDate, Shipping_Control.ShipTo, Shipping_Control.ShipFrom, Shipping_Control.CollectionNoteNo, Shipping_Control.PackingListNo, Shipping_Control.ShipmentID, Shipping_Control.Customer FROM Ship...

email broken up into multiple attached text files on emails with multiple images #2
Hi There, I am encountering a fairly annoying problem with emails I am receivin with Outlook 2003 and that that have been sent from a Macintosh usin the latest version of Apple Mail. The emails have multiple image attachements (all coming though fine although not in line which is how they have been sent) but the text o the email is broken up into text files that are attached. The first section of text in the email (ie before the first image comes through fine, but the text after the first image in in a attachment, then the text after the second image is in another seperate attachment and...

How do I add a floating text box in Excel?
I have a shared workbook with several huge spreadsheets. There are certain things that other users/viewers would readily want to know without parsing to the end of the spreadsheet. How can I create a floating text box in Excel and include totals of certain cells from the same worksheet? MS has lots of templates at: http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/TemplateGallery And there's always google! Prashant wrote: > > I have a shared workbook with several huge spreadsheets. There are certain > things that other users/viewers would readily want to know without parsing to > the...

Old bills will not delete in budget
In my budget, I have bills showing up automatically that I have previously deleted from the bill payment schedule. When I try to edit these transations, nothing shows up. I am not given the option to delete them. How do I remove them from showing up in my budget catagories? I was able to do this by viewing the "bill calendar" and deleting the bills from there. They did not show up in the Bills and Deposits list but they did in the calendar. Hope that helps. "roxcorner" wrote: > In my budget, I have bills showing up automatically that I have previously >...

Deleting XML Record from Dataset removing table?
Hi All, When I delete the last record from my dataset and then WriteXML() to the file; the Table itself, in the xml file, is removed. I need to prevent the table structure from being deleted if there are no more records to be written to the XML file from the Dataset. Any ideas here, John. "John" <jrugo@patmedia.net> wrote in message news:eEDs6IW4FHA.400@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > When I delete the last record from my dataset and then WriteXML() to the file; the Table itself, in the xml file, is removed. I > need to prevent the table structure from being deleted ...

Outlook 2003
Hi, I have to go through three Deleted Items folders in order to delete all the cr*p. Is there an Outlook option or a rule that someone can suggest to set up, in a step-by-step fashion, that will combine these three into one? Thanks, Feedscrn By default Outlook only has 1 deleted items folder. What are the other 2? Are they in 2 other personal folders? "feedscrn" <feedscrn@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1193150667.085940.208790@q5g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > > Hi, > > I have to go through three Deleted Items folders in order to > de...

AutoFill Form Field
How do I get a field to autofill the same value as the previous record when I goto a new record. The field's control source is the table field. Can I use autofill in Default value? -- Gator Hi, Private Sub controlname_AfterUpdate() Me.controlname.DefaultValue = Chr(34) & Me.controlname & Chr(34) End Sub Thus if the user enters XYZ it will set the DefaultValue property to "XYZ" which will be used for the next entry. Jeanette Cunningham "Gator" <Gator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2EE9FB9-48A7-4EAC-8EFC-541324F5D10D@microsof...

Scatter with text on X
I am trying to construct one scatterplot for 2 groups of data A & B. would like to have A and B as two points on the X-axis and the (Y data values which pertain to A and B plotted as dots above them in vertical line. I have tried many different things and HELP to try to do this an no-one at work knows either. I am obviously missing out on somethin simple but important. Expert experience would be greatly appreciated! Donal ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.c...

Change default value of From: field
Hey all, Is there a registry hack or something similar that can make my default 'from' address something other than my primary address? I can easily type the alternate address in for every email but that's a huge pain. Any help is much appreciated. What type of email account? If IMAP or POP3, no hack needed - change it on the Account settings dialog. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.o...

Seperating text, backwards to frontwards #2
Hi All, I have a field which is like the below example: "Disappointed at failure - 68 Interior equipment - Repair group: Body - ..Archive" Now I want to split this into fields, as per below: A B C D ..Archive Repair group: Body 68 Interior equipment Dissapointed at failure I know that I can use text to columns to split the field by the "-" but then how do I get it reversed? NOT all of the fields can be split into 4, sometimes there can be up to 7 or as little as 1. Does anyone have an answer? Regards Adam use ...