Can visio 2003 open zip files?

I'm downloading some visio colllections from visiocafe.com . These
collections all come as .zip files.

Can Visio read these compressed files automatically?

--
Stefan Lasiewski
http://stefanco.com

unfortunately not,
al

"Stefan Lasiewski" <StefanLasiewski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:261B8AC4-8B9C-4678-ABB5-B6D2AD6BC7D9@microsoft.com...
> I'm downloading some visio colllections from visiocafe.com . These
> collections all come as .zip files.
>
> Can Visio read these compressed files automatically?
>
> --
> Stefan Lasiewski
> http://stefanco.com

0
edlund1 (616)
7/10/2008 1:05:50 AM
No..you have to unzip them.

Michael

"Stefan Lasiewski" <StefanLasiewski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:261B8AC4-8B9C-4678-ABB5-B6D2AD6BC7D9@microsoft.com...
> I'm downloading some visio colllections from visiocafe.com . These
> collections all come as .zip files.
>
> Can Visio read these compressed files automatically?
>
> --
> Stefan Lasiewski
> http://stefanco.com

0
win_drift (16)
7/10/2008 1:07:09 AM
Stefan,

If you unzip them into C:\Documents and Settings\<Stefan?>\My Documents\My
Shapes, they will appear in Visio under My Shapes on the Shapes menu. I
created subfolders in that directory for each vendor and that works really
well for me.

HTH

Steve

"Stefan Lasiewski" <StefanLasiewski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:261B8AC4-8B9C-4678-ABB5-B6D2AD6BC7D9@microsoft.com...
> I'm downloading some visio colllections from visiocafe.com . These
> collections all come as .zip files.
>
> Can Visio read these compressed files automatically?
>
> --
> Stefan Lasiewski
> http://stefanco.com

Thanks for the answer gentlemen.

And Steve, thanks alot for that tip. Very useful.

-= Stefan
0
lasiewski (1)
7/12/2008 12:18:25 AM
Glad to help  :-)

"Stefan Lasiewski" <lasiewski@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the answer gentlemen.
>
> And Steve, thanks alot for that tip. Very useful.
>
> -= Stefan

OWA 2003 prompting to install office?
Hello, We have a single server environment: Windows 2003, Exchange 2003, OWA 2003. Some users are having problems using OWA. When trying to compose a new message, or forward a received message, they are prompted to install some missing feature of Outlook 2000 (DATA1.MSI).. Any idea what is causing this?! Thanks, Troy Hi Troy, Take a look at.. http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/12/i_hope_youve_ ha.html "Have you wondered why, when you first use OWA 2000 and 2003, and click the New Message icon to create a new message, the Office Installer is fired-up and you're p...

Maximum file sizes

Where can I download 'USBSTOR.SYS' file
I bought a new IPod and as I am giong through the New Hardware Wizard, I receive the error message...."The file 'USBSTOR.SYS' on Windows XP Profesional Service Pack 2 CD is needed. Type the path where the file is located and then click OK." I don't where I can find this file. Can I download it from Microsoft's web site? On 18-01-10 02:48, Kim M Wagie wrote: > I bought a new IPod and as I am giong through the New Hardware Wizard, I > receive the error message...."The file 'USBSTOR.SYS' on Windows XP > Profesional Service Pack 2 CD is need...

Cannot Open 2000 Money Backup
My hard drive crashed and had to be replaced. I tried to open my Money Backup and it says I need the MBF and takes me to a site on the Internet. Can anyone help open this? In microsoft.public.money, Kate wrote: >My hard drive crashed and had to be replaced. I tried to open my Money >Backup and it says I need the MBF and takes me to a site on the Internet. >Can anyone help open this? Be sure that your Money and backup files are moved to a spot that you will have full privileges to, such as Documents/MyDocuments. If they are in a place like ProgramFiles, Vista will create...

File size #11

owa cant open ppt attachments

find action on log file

Linking files 2 ways