Can I create sub-functions in a cross-functional flowchart?

Trying to create a template for my organization to map processes to.  Goal is
to map the organization to the 'function bars' in Visio's cross-function
flowcharts.  However, I would like to create some 'sub-functions' for lower
organizational elements (i.e. divisions under a department).  Is this
possible??
0
CECDiver (1)
1/3/2006 6:05:01 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Looking for an excel function which can mirror opposite the data
Dear sir, There are 2 data sets is assumed running in A1 down, viz.: From A1 down to A10, are showing a set of number: from 1 to 10 In the cell from B1 to B10, are showing from 10 to 1, which is decreasing from 10 to 1. My question: I want to know is there any excel formula which I can place in B1 and pick A10's number; B2 pick A9's number and etc. I know there is an easy way to do it, just type "=A10" in the cell of B1, but it is quite difficult to do it when I have more than 200 number, e.g. A1 to A200. Thanks for your advice, Wilchong -- Message posted via OfficeKB...

can't insert, delete or move pictures
can't insert, delete or move pictures Sheet protected? parker wrote: > > can't insert, delete or move pictures -- Dave Peterson ...

COUNTIF function help
I have used the COUNTIF function before and it works great when doing an in order cell count (ex. A1:A20). But now I am needing the COUNTIF function to count certain cell blocks (ex. A1:A3 then A5:A8, etc). How would I go about doing the formula for this? My current forumal looks like this and it tells me too many arguments are entered for this function: =COUNTIF(D13:D15,D21:D23,"=0") Any help? TIA! Hi Elemental, You can't use COUNTIF with multiple ranges (it only allows two arguments), so you'll need to do it like this: =COUNTIF(D13:D15,"=0")+...

MATCH function #4
How can I get the functionality of the MATCH function to match a text to the LAST match in a column. The MATCH function returns the location of the FIRST match. This example shows what I am trying to do: A B C 1 Name1 NumOfDays1 StartDate 2 Name2 NumOfDays2 3 Name3 NumOfDays3 4 Name5 NumOfDays4 5 Name1 NumOfDays5 6 Name5 NumOfDays6 7 Name1 NumOfDays7 8 Name2 NumOfDays8 9 Name5 NumOfDays9 NameN (in cloumn A) is a text and can have any value. NumOfDaysN (in column B) is an integer and have any value. StartDate(in cell C1) is a date. I need a...

Function/macro to relocate RxC to CxR?
Anyone know (have) a function or macro to relocate entire arrays from rows to columns? I have a set of calculations that are just easier for me to deal with in a column format. i.e.: A B C ==> A B C ---------- ----------- 1 | x y z 1 | x a 6 2 | a b c 2 | y b 7 3 | 6 7 8 3 | z c 8 Thanks in advance. Joe Have you looked in help for transpose -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "J.Kearney" <jwk1@rcn.co...

Sub Totals
Hi I'm able to add sub totals however I now need to add all sub totals to make a Grand total. Any ideas? Use SUBTOTAL(9, ... for the whole range. Hope this helps. Pete On Feb 18, 11:26=A0am, "News" <howard.kirr...@barretteurope.co.uk> wrote: > Hi > I'm able to add sub totals however I now need to add all sub totals to ma= ke > a Grand total. > > Any ideas? ...

Can I replace word by word in italics?
Is there a search/replace feature in Publisher that allows you to replace a word by the same word in Italics? -- Marv Not in Publisher, but you can in Word using wildcards. Might try copy/paste into Word, do the editing, copy/paste back into Publisher Help here http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "WISEMANOFNARNIA" <COHENMARVIN@LYCOS.COM> wrote in message news:1f5149a6-f337-4db7-9aed-78132e9c9ae8@j12g2000vbl.googlegroups.com... > Is there a search/replace feature in Publisher that allows you to > replace a word by ...

create new users STRANGE problem
Hi, I'm developing a web application (using standard asp and not asp.net) to let certain remote users administer exchange 2003. I have installed win2003 standard edition, exchange 2003 enterprise edition,owa and my web application on the same server. My web app, let users to create mailboxes, delete mailboxes, change user password. All works fine, but for example, if I reboot the server, a web application user can create 50 mailboxes. But when any of these users log on to owa, something goes wrong and the admin user cannot mailbox enable other user accounts through the web app, even if he ...

User defined functions aware of what cell they are placed in?
Hi, I would like to make a user defined function which needs to know in what cell and what worksheet it is placed in. I will be using this UDF in multiple cells on multiple worksheets. I originally just passed the cell row and column as parameters to the UDF however this ended up updating all worksheets and not just the one the UDF was on. Is there any way to do this? Option Explicit function myfunct(something as somethingelse) as something msgbox application.caller.address & vblf _ & application.caller.parent.name & vblf _ & application.caller.pare...

can not delete emails
i went out of town and returned with 3000+ emails. some i can delete, some i can not. i have tried to repair and fix, i have tried to create a new profile and import/export everything. any ideas? thanks in advance. yes, the cannot move item(s). The initial error i get when trying to delete is: "the message interface has returned an unknown error. if this persists, restart outlook". The only thing i can think of is a damaged profile??? >-----Original Message----- >Do you get an error when trying to move the item to another folder (e.g. >move the item to the deleted ...

How can I line up 2 columns with similar information?
I have 2 columns with names in each and I'd like to line them up next to each other. I think we'll need more information, Kathy. I don't understand what you're trying to do. Can you give exactly what's up? ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5C0BC96-7E27-4C55-89A3-03513FC0D409@microsoft.com... >I have 2 columns with names in each and I'd like to line them up next to >each > other. Column A has employee number, Column B has the same employee numbers but has addi...

Can I retrieve deleted email from the enlarged database
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop My v.X database is 950Mb with very little email. I know this is because of the deleted emails of the past and that rebuilding the database would produce a new database the right size. I would like to know if I can get to the deleted emails. Can I get them back. I have run in to an issue that I need them. <FONT FACE="Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE='font-size:12pt'>On 5/11/10 11:41 PM, in article <a href="59bb859f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0&q...

in creating a pie chart in excel 2007
How many rows or columns of data can the pie chart plot I once tried 360 cells and got a wonderful Moiré pattern Why not just experiment with 1, 2, 3 dozen and see for yourself if the result is acceptable ? best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "bsalohcin" <bsalohcin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9CF7752-1816-4DCE-BF82-9C25033AE888@microsoft.com... > How many rows or columns of data can the pie chart plot According to MS:- Data series in one chart 255 (max limit) Data points in a...

=IF(NOT(ISNA(VLOOKUP Function
I am using Excel 2003 I am trying to produce a summary shett from five differnet worksheets. I am using the following function =IF(NOT(ISNA(VLOOKUP(E7,Tests!D1:Tests!S147,18,FALSE))),VLOOKUP(E7,Tests!D1:Tests!S147,18,FALSE),""). It works fine until I reach 18 and above and it returns #REF!. Does this formula not work after 17 or is there another formula that I should be using. Colin Hi, The VLOOKUP() table array cannot span across sheets. Do let us know what you are trying to do? -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP www.ashishmathur.com ...

Can MsPubliser do INCLUDETEXT or MasterDocument/SubDocument equiv?
I'm preparing a series of bifold + duplexed booklets. There are 8 page, 16 page, 24 page, and 40 page versions with much duplicated text. I've used Word's Master-Document with sub-documents (and also the INCLUDETEXT fieldcode) so that changes / typos only have to be fixed in one file. I'd like to use the same MasterDocument approach with Microsoft Publisher 2003. Is this capability available with Publisher? This would be for duplexed quad-fold versions that end up being 4.25"x5.5". Does Publisher 2003 have the feature of a master document being able to include separ...

How do I create a running subtraction column?
In other words, how do I create a column which subtracts from the preceeding cell? Hi you may provide some more details what you're trying to do exactly. Maybe post some example rows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany aschneider wrote: > In other words, how do I create a column which subtracts from the > preceeding cell? If you want the balance in column B, and you are making entries in column A which are to be subtracted from the balance, put the starting balance in B1. In B2 put the formula =B1-A2 On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 08:35:08 -0700, "aschneider" <aschne...

Create Folders in Directory with Excel VBA?
Hi, Is there a way to create folders with a specfic names, and have them saved in a directory. I have an excel file with 250 records with my desired folder names. I want to avoid having to through the process of selecting <File | New | Folder> then naming the folder -- 250 times! I imagine there's an easier way with VBA... please help! Thanks It can be done something like this. Attatch code to a command button on the sheet. Alter code to suit your reqirements. Test on a dummy workbook first until you get it to work the way you want. Please note that there are practical lim...

Publisher calendar, how can I show the previous/next month?
I need to show the past and previous months in blank days at the top of a per month calendar, but can't see how to do that. Thanks. Create a yearly calendar in a new publication. Ungroup, copy the separate months, paste to your main calendar. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jennie" <Jennie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF4CF698-ABB8-4F01-A667-CC6AA87A9732@microsoft.com... >I need to show the past and previous months in blank days at the top of a per > month calendar, but...

Creating the filter for the recipeint policy
Hi, Can you let me know what is the best of way of creating the LDAP filter for the recipient policy if I want the policy to assign the email address based on the admin group.This filter should assign the email address to the mailbox and DL's -- Vinod Kumar Recipient Policies are based on recipients' attributes - admin group is not one of them. Perhaps look at other common attributes, or add an additional UPN suffix and assign a common UPN suffix to these recipients, than use Recipient Policies to filter based on UPN. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog l...

Pivot Chart Created from Pivot Table is Blank
HELP!!! I am following a tutorial in an Excel 2007 book step-by-step. In one of the lessons I was able to successfully and easily create a pivot chart from a pivot table. In my next lesson, I am following the exact same steps (even have started over a couple of times), and when I create a pivot chart from the pivot table in this lesson, it creates a blank chart. WHY DOES IT DO THIS??? I know I have followed the steps correctly. Any ideas on why Excel isn't cooperating with me on this lesson would be soooo appreciated. Hi, Blank charts usually result from having your cursor in...

Can I run ON from an external drive without it being installed on
Can I run ON from an external drive without it being installed on a local machine? "Ang130" <Ang130@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5982603B-D3AC-48F3-84A4-D96DB4696889@microsoft.com... > Can I run ON from an external drive without it being installed on a local > machine? With Ceedo software Ang130 wrote: > Can I run ON from an external drive without it being installed on a > local machine? YES, if run under Ceedo with the Argo installer.[1] In theory it should also work with a USB stick. It would have a superfast stick, m...

How do I create a "floating" header in Excel so I can always see i
contact me at andy@boydrealestateinc.com Andy To have row 1 always in view as you scroll down. Select A2 and Window>Freeze Panes. Rule is: whatever is above and left of the selected cell will be frozen after you hit Window>Freeze Panes. i.e. select B2 to have Column A and Row 1 frozen. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:38:00 -0800, Andy Heal <Andy Heal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >contact me at andy@boydrealestateinc.com ...

Need to create a VB script for Microsoft Outlook
Hi Folks, I am a newbie to VB scripting. I have this problem I need to solve in outlook. Often we have seen when people reply to emails, they say "please see my comments inline marked BlahBlah". Whenever people do such inline commenting, I would like the script to copy that info to the top of that email, along with a "link" to that embedded line. When the user click that line, the cursor show point the actual place where that comment was made. Pls let me know how can I implement in a VB script.. When the user right clicks the mouse at the end of of his embedde...

How Do I create a Timing Tool
All, I wonder if I can call on your expert advice. I am looking to create a Timing Tool within Excel which will be able t capture timings of specific user defined areas. For Example looking to time specific sections of say for a telephon call and the interaction the agent has with the Computer System..ho long specific actions take...and then from that be able to submit th data into a sheet..and move on to another one. This is so that summary data can be captured and analysed. All help appreciated. Regards Tim Hardin -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Tim, It depends upo...

Cell can left indent; anything for right side of cell?
Is there a way to leave more space between the end of a word and the right side of the column? I indented the left side of the column by using the indent option set to "1" in the alignment tab of the formatting box. Besides adding an extra column to the end of the row and making it very small in width and extending the border to that extra "spacer" column, is there a way to make this space? My spreadsheet is done and if I have to do this, I'll have tons of work re-writing code. I was going to use Word for the final presentation of the data, but it didn't work ou...