Box when opening File

Quick question...When I open up one of my saved files,
Visio automatically puts some kind of box (function box
possibly) around my heading and some of the text.  I'll
take it off and save and it isn't there.  But when I close
the file and then open it up again later it's there
again.  I try to delete the box but it deletes my text
with it.  I can't resize or delete the box (actually
conjoined boxes) by itself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Feel free to
call...214-981-6324.  Thanks!
0
jeubanks (1)
7/29/2003 7:29:53 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Try changing the line weight of the shape to none.

John...    Visio MVP

Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm
Need VBA examples?   http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm
Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm
"JKE" <jeubanks@titlemail.com> wrote in message
> Bump.  Anyone?
>
> Thanks

0
lancucki (505)

File Sharing Problems
Can anyone explain this error/information message to me? - "The file 'filename.xls' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do?" Options are to Save a Copy or Overwrite Changes. The file is not being shared with anyone else - it comes up whenever making general saves in Excel. -THANKS! Hi try deleting all files in your TEMP directory, reboot your computer and try again -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kristi - Skills Group" <KristiSkillsGroup@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im...

Compressing xml file
I am using sharpziplib ti compress & zip an XML file. But the compression ration is very bad for this utility compared to that i do with winzip. Any idea how to integrate winzip with our VB.net application to compress xml files. Or is there any other utility to do the kob Devesh "Devesh Aggarwal" <solutions@unieme.com> schreef in bericht news:#TwLpW8kDHA.1708@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I am using sharpziplib ti compress & zip an XML file. But the compression > ration is very bad for this utility compared to that i do with winzip. Any > idea how to integrate...

Publisher 2000 file keeps closing when I try to work in upper lef.
Every time I try to open a text box, insert a picture or resize anything in the upper left hand portion of page 1 on my 4-page publication, the program closes and Microsoft Error Reporting comes up. This happened to me in another document, so i started all over again in this new one. Any ideas? I have installed all my applicable updates... Any chance you'd send it to me to take a look at it? If so, send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Amy~Lynne" <Amy~Lynne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89E12002-...

Outlook crashes before opening with error MSSchedule+
Cannot open Outlook, it comes up with the statemment "unable to switch to Microsoft Schedule+ as your primary calendar. when you hit ok, Outlook tries to load then it crashes with a Microsoft Error box. end of story. HELP! thanks. ...

Computer won't read files.
When we try to open files in Excel or Word the computer tells us that the file can't be read or it is unavaileable. Dose anybody know why we can't retrieve our files? Thank You, Gaile Storm Hi Gaile it might help if you let us know: -your operating system -version of excel & word you have installed, including service packs (found under help / about) - whether this is a new problem - whether you can create files in these programs - if you can create and save can you then open & view these files? and anything else that may impact on using these files. Cheers JulieD "...

Text Boxes added to Chart Series
How do I keep text boxes that I've added to a data series with the column they belong on? If I change the size of the chart in anyway, I have to move the text boxes back to their respective spots on the chart. Text boxes are not added to a series, but to the chart. This prevents their sticking to any particular points. Could you add them as data labels? If you use a built-in position (i.e., don't drag them around) they will stick with their associated points - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://P...

Can't See Word Check Boxes in Outlook
I have a Word Document that I wish to send via the File->Send To->Mail Recipient once it is filled in. The document has questions that require the User to select a check box for the different selections (Excellent, Good, Poor, Very Poor). When I send the document, the check boxes show up in Outlook, however when the email arrives the check boxes are no longer there. Is there a way to have the check boxes show up in the email, or, are they somehow being stripped? ...

Can't see text box fill colour
I have recently reloaded Office Small Business following a hard drive crash. I made some changes to display in Control Panel Accessibility this time that weren't there before. I've changed back to default but the problem continues. Previously I could fill or border text boxes and see the results in both normal view and print preview. Now the fill/border colour is only visible in print preview. Borders appear as black and fills as white in normal view. Text colours are unaffected. This is making life difficult as white text in a black fill just disappears until I go to pr...

Writing XML File from Dataset
Read many of the posting but still doen't understand the process. I have a dataset with child records. I have a specific XML "Account.XSD" format that I need to write this out to. How do I marry these (2) items to create the output file. Dim dataSet As DataSet = New DataSet("AccountRecord") PremisesAdapter.Fill(dataSet, "Premises") SupAdapter.Fill(dataSet, "Supplemental") cn.Close() Dim AccountRecord As DataRelation = dataSet.Relations.Add("Prem_Species", _ data...

Example using MFC WinInet classes with POST of FILE and other INPUT data
I am looking for a good example for POSTing both FILE and other INPUT data to a URL. I understand that the FILE must use a multi-part encoding but I do not understand how the atcual file contents get POSTed or how the INPUT data gets POSTed also. I am guessing the INPUT data can be added as part of the query parameters to the URL. ...

Microsoft Excel ASC II Text Files
How do I convert an Excel spreadsheet into this type of file in order to import to another program such as "MaiList & AddressBook" Hi Bill try saving as 'CSV' file in the Save As dialog. This is a comma separated text (ASCII) file HTH Frank Bill Cadwallader wrote: > How do I convert an Excel spreadsheet into this type of > file in order to import to another program such > as "MaiList & AddressBook" ...

PDF file

Can't open spreadsheet from website
I can't open an Excel 2000 document in IE6. An Excel window opens but the spreadsheet won't display. The document contains several worksheets and one contains a textbox (which might be a problem). I need to be able to view, from this website, 22 worksheets per catagory with 4 catagories total. Help!!! ...

Excel Services Publish
I have a 64 bit client (Windows Server 2008) and my colleague has Windows 7 64 bit client. We are trying to publish an Excel 2007 document to MOSS, which is running under https, and is sitting on a 64 bit operating system. We keep getting the "File Not Saved" error when we try to publish from our clients. However, a 3rd colleague has Windows XP 32 bit and can publish the same exact Excel files just fine up to the very same MOSS location we tried on the 64 bit clients. Can someone from MSFT confirm that this is an issue with 64 bit clients? Can you present a solut...

How do you turn off "Save a copy/Overwrite changes" dialog box
Hello Guys, I have created a (password to open) workbook using Excel 2003 SP1 on a shared network drive which when I try to save by using Ctrl S or clicking the Save icon gives me an irritating dialog box which asks: "The file 'filename.xls' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case what do you want to do?" -Save a copy -Overwrite changes Please can someone tell me how to deactivate this annoying dialog box as I have been unsuccesful so far in my efforts :confused: Many thanks in advance Nick -- Nicko -----------------------------...

Single Singn on to Exchange Mail Boxes
Hello, My site currently runs MS CRM 4.0, Active Directory and MS Exchange server for mail and calendar. We do have a rather strict password policies, where the users are to change their domain password every 60 days. In most cases, the users, 'forget' to also change the password in the CRM to access the Exchange their mail boxes, expecting single sign on as with most of the other miscrosoft software, which every 2 months causes lots of support issues (like workflows not completing, and mail router not being able to access their mail boxes). Is there a way to automate that the ...

Retrieving a File
I need to set up a procedure to automatically retrieve a file(s) and send to a printer at a specified time (6:45) everyday. I'm not that familiar with VBA and have no idea where to start. Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction to start this. Thanks! Tammy for starters try this Sub PrintFile() Workbooks.Open FileName:="C:\Temp\Test FILE.xls" ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True Application.OnTime TimeValue("06:45:00"), "PrintFile", TimeValue("06:45:10"), True End Sub --- Message posted from http://www...

Adding member variable (CEdit control) for edit box causes Unhandled exception
Hi, I have a simple dialog project. It has an edit box, which I've mapped in ClassWizard to a CString, m_Input. I wanted to be able to set the cursor back to this edit box and highlight text in the edit box, so I created a another member variable in ClassWizard, m_Input_Control, which is mapped to the same edit box, but is a CEdit control. This compiles all right, but whenever I try to run the program after adding the above member variable (even if I don't access it in my code), I am getting an "Unhandled exception". Deleting the CEdit control member variable fixes the p...

cannot open attachments when sent to a group
Hi, has anyone had the following problem, and any hints on how to fix? I have a user who sends a word document to 12 people (in 12 different locations/businesses) 10 of them can open the document - 2 cannot. If the document is sent to the 2 seperately (not as part of a group e-mail) they CAN open it. Does anyone have a solution? Many thanks Paul ...

previewing windows files in Outlook
Is there a way to preview or auto preview Windows documents using Outlook? I have placed shortcuts to various windows folders on my Outlook bar. When I open the folders in Outlook, there is no AutoPreview or preview pane feature. I would like to view these files in Outlook without having to open each file. I use Outlook 2000. Peter Henderson <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to preview or auto preview Windows > documents using Outlook? I have placed shortcuts to > various windows folders on my Outlook bar. When I open > the folders in...

When Excel Opens it Starts with Book2
Anyone know why excel would open to book2 and not book1. Hi Tracey! This means that a file with the Book1 name has already been saved. Find it using Start > Search > For Files and Folders Check the contents and either rename or delete. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. ...

WordArt from Publisher 2000 file ti Publisher 2003
I have two files created in Publisher 2000 - when opened in Publisher 2003 the size of the WordArt is totall skewed - most much larger than in the original document. This is the second document this has happened on - is there something I'm missing? I thought I could go from 2000 to 2003, just not the other way around? The WordArt in 2003 and 2000 are very different. You can download the old WordArt utility and use it with 2003. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?productID=&freetext=wordart&DisplayLang=en -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://...

you do not have credentials that allow you to open this document
When i open a existing .doc document.It shows message "like you do not have credentials that allow you to open this document.Do You want to open it using a different set of credentials? " i can't able to open any .doc document ...

link a stencil to a visio file?
hi all, I'm new to Visio, hope not to get laughed at! So here I go: I'm creating a Word doc where I have to link to a Visio drawing. Since the doc is a template for future filling, I don't want to "show" the empty visio drawing on the doc, but just "show" an icon which links to it. OK, so far everything's fine, I double click on it and it opens (clap! clap!) :-). The thing is I have created a new custom stencil, a very simple one so those who are going to fill the template don't have to mess too much with visio, just drag and drop some of these 1...

How to open multiple cases
Does anyone know if there's a way to open a case for several companies at one time? I've got a situation where I need to deploy a service bullitin for serveral companies. The title, description, etc.. are all the same. Thanks. Hmmm. Do you really need to open cases at first? If it's just a bulletin, then maybe you create a campaign to notify the appropriate customers, and then track the responses against the campaign. -- Microsoft Certified Professional - Dynamics CRM http://www.bturnkey.com "Coco" wrote: > Does anyone know if there's a way to open a ca...