border on sheet

I have a small grey border that is on my worksheet. Even when I start a new
sheet it is there. I don't know how to get rid of it.  It started when I was
adding a border to a org chart and then removed it. Now this grey border is
on my org chart and any new document I start.

--
Dawn M
Project Manager

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 12:47:00 -0700, Dawn M <not@here.com> wrote:

>I have a small grey border that is on my worksheet. Even when I start a new
>sheet it is there. I don't know how to get rid of it.  It started when I was
>adding a border to a org chart and then removed it. Now this grey border is
>on my org chart and any new document I start.

menu View -> Page Breaks

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Electronics for Visio        http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/

Error: Can't Shift Objects off Sheet
Hello: I have created about 13 outline groups in columns. When I try to hide the details on all of them, two of them hiccup and I get the "Can't shift objects off sheet" for these two. I have cleared all the outlines and reentered them and am still getting the error. Any ideas? maybe this'll help: XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;211769 Bettergains wrote: > > Hello: > I have created about 13 outline groups in columns. When I try to hide the > details on all of t...

Errors when copying sheets
I have a macro that copies a sheet and renames it. However, when it is copying, I get the following error: A formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name '\a' which already exists on the destination worksheet. I also get another one with a different name. I cannot find this named ranged or anything that is associated with it. I am using Excel 2002 and have Hyperion Essbase installed. Thanks in advance, Keith I think that Lotus used that naming convention for its macros. (But it might have been the slash instead of the backslash.) Jan Karel Pieterse, Cha...

Change Formula in sheet by adding a new part
I have many formulas in a sheet like : =ROUND('Revenue'!D$45*VLOOKUP($C116,ItemSplit!$A$1:$B$50,2,FALSE),0) If the the formula do not contain *Code!$C$47 (multiply by) at the end of the formula i want to add it to all the formula in the sheet. Can it be done using VBA or by find, replace function Thanks Hello, A beginning of solution using VBA: The active sheet must be the sheet where the formula to be changed are. ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''...

how to look up the value in another sheet
I have one input sheet use to add data to another sheet(Database). The input sheet is like a checklist. In the input sheet, I have one combox box to select the tool id. Since each tool will have its own spec for each inspection (upper limit and lower limit), so I would like to change the spec for the tool once the tool id is change. How can I feel up the spec based on the tool selected? Use VLOOKUP function or use MATCH together with INDEX function? my input sheet is tool id(combo box) inspection upperlimit lower limit results a b c I already keyed the value for each tool spec in an...

Sheet Protection / Groupings
Using Excel 2003 Is there any way to protect a sheet and allow Outling to work? Paul Smith If you already have the outline/subtotals/autofilter applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True '.EnableAutoFilter = True 'If .FilterMode Then ' .ShowAllData 'End If End With End Sub It needs to be reset each time you open the workbook. (Ea...

help with custom border
I am trying to create a custom border with the words "class of 2005" but can't figure out how to wrap it nicely around the corners. Are you using WordArt? What version Publisher are you using? You can copy the WordArt, paste special as a Windows Metafile, ungroup, and manipulate the text. In Publisher 2000 and below you will have to open the New Drawing. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "kabe" <kabe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1243535-C0B6-480A-8B3E-A3D4B308E28C@mic...

Missing sheets
In my Excel 2000, when I open a workbook, only one spreadsheet appears. All the other sheets in the workbook have disappeared. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks, CMA Hi any chance you have hidden these sheets (Format - sheet - unhide)? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany cmar wrote: > In my Excel 2000, when I open a workbook, only one spreadsheet > appears. All the other sheets in the workbook have disappeared. > Any suggestions would be welcome. > > Thanks, CMA Are you referring to a brand new workbo...

Run-time error '1004' Method 'Sheets' of object'_Global' failed
I'm new to excel and don't really know what I'm doing. When the below macro is executed (through changing a combo box) the macro appears to run fine but when I close the workbook the above Run-time error message dialog box comes up, can anyone help? Sheets("dec").Range("A1:CO111").Cop Sheets("ROTA VIEW").Selec Range("B4").Selec Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlFormats, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= False, Transpose:=Fals Range("B3").Selec Thanks Richard, Add the line Application.CutCopyMode = false...

Moving rows to other sheets
I was wondering if anyone could be of assistance with my dilemma. I want to run a macro that does the following: Sheet 1 has records with column headers such as name, address, and date. If the date field is populated with a date, I want to take the entire row and move it to Sheet 2, then delete the source row in Sheet 1. However, if the date field is populated by a word such as "Dead Deal" I want to take the entire row and move it to Sheet 3, then delete the source row in Sheet 1. Thanks in advance. Edwin Assuming you are only looking for a way to distingush between the two re...

How (Where) to set the font of sheet tag
Anyone know? I've tried the control panel but failed. Pls help. R. chow R. Chow, The size of the sheet tab font changes with the height of the tab. The height is set ... Right click desktop - choose Properties Appearance (tab) Advanced (button) Item (box) - choose Scrollbar (height of 18 works for me) Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, CA "R.Chow" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:000101c3b881$a72ea5d0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone know? I've tried the control panel but failed. > Pls help. > > R. chow ...

The textbox border prints, but the text does not. Why??
I'm in Publisher 2003. I've tried changing the object order - move to front. Photos print, the border of the box prints, but the text doesn't. I'm gonna lose it!! What happens if you bring the text box to the front? Is the photo wrapping to the point where the text is unable to fit in the text box? Select the text box, click the dog icon, click none, do the same for the pictures. Start your layering all over again. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "wbrenda312" <wbrenda312@discussions.mi...

Views and protected sheets
Hi, I have a small problem to which I cannot find a solution and therefore request some help from experts. I have defined several Views in a spreadsheet. I can work with all of them it works perfectly until I Protect the sheet and assign a password. I cannot anymore use the views, I get the following error message : "some view settings coulkd not be applied". Anyone has any suggestion for anything I am doing wrong or a workaround solution. Thank for your help. St�phane P. AFAIK, Custom Views will not work on protected sheets! -- Regards, RD ------------------------------...

Send only one sheet as attachment
How do you send only one worksheet from a workbook as an e-mail attachment in Excel 2000? Hi, See: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm - selection http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail-addin.htm "sthomas" wrote: > How do you send only one worksheet from a workbook as an e-mail attachment in > Excel 2000? ...

Excel: Combine contents from identical cells on multiple sheets.
How do you combine contents from indentical cells on multiple sheets into one cell on a different sheet? I am working on a work schedule for partime workers who will each have a sheet assigned to them to enter their name in a cell next to the days they can work. I want their names to then appear in a master calendar in list form under the date they can work for that month. In the master sheet, try a formula like: ='Sheet One'!A1 & " " & Sheet2!A1 & " " & 'Last Sheet'!A1 I've shown [Sheet One] and [Last Sheet] as being betw...

How do I reconcile two sheets with in a .xls book?
How do I reconcile two sheets with in a .xls book? momy2cmt wrote: > How do I reconcile two sheets with in a .xls book? define reconcile gls858 If by reconcile, you are referring to values within cells and that th two sheets are identical in format, on a 3rd sheet enter a formula fo example, in cell A1 "=Sheet1!A1-Sheet2A1". If the result is not zero then there are different amounts in the cells. Copy the formula acros the range you wish to compare to highlight the variances. Does this answer your question -- Stuart Far ------------------------------------------------------...

How to make two codes "Worksheet_Change" work together in same sheet code page
Friends, Please, anybody knows how to make these two VB codes work together? When I put them together in the same "sheet code page" in VBA, th second one doesn't work. Why? *** Code 1 *** Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) * * On Error GoTo QuitCode * * If Intersect(Target, Range("c1:c15")) Is Nothing Then * * * * Exit Sub * * ElseIf Target.Value <>*"" And Target.Offset(0, -1).Value = "" Then * * * * MsgBox "You haven't typed the name of the client yet." * * * * Target.Offset(0, -1).Activate End If QuitCode: ...

Referencing Sheets in a Formula
Is there a way to change sheet numbers when cells are copied down? What I mean by this is: I have five sheets labeled Sheet1 through Sheet5. I have the formula =INDIRECT("Sheet&ROW()!",$A$1) As I copy down I want the Sheet Numbers to correspond with the row numbers that contain the formula. I want the cell A1 to be referenced from each sheet every time. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. Chris Hi Chris try =INDIRECT("Sheet"&ROW()&"!$A$1") Cheers JulieD "Christopher Anderson" <ChristopherAnderson@discussions.microso...

How can I fill a time sheet from a calendar
Every 15 days I have to make a timesheet for my hours I worked. So each time I have to change the weekends, because I don't work them. I also have to insert the time I usually work. Like so. 9:00 12:00 12:30 5:30 Is there a way I can have the timesheet look at a calendar and fill in the weekends for me, and insert the above time in the other days????? Hi Peter, Check out my attachment. It looks at the last day of the payperiod (15th and End of Month) and shades the weekends at 50% so that if any weekends were worked, one can make out the figures. It also changes the fonts for ea...

Protecting sheet disables Grouping buttons
I am delivering a worksheet to a client, and have protected it. As well as stopping people changing the data, though, it also stops them using the Grouping buttons. How can I enable grouping on a protected sheet? If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True .EnableAutoFilter = True End With End Sub (I wasn't sure what caused your outlining--...

data fill sheet 2 from sheet 1 based on criteria
I am trying to Data fill sheet 2 based on criteria match from sheet 1. I have no knowledge of VBA and/or macros and very limited knowledg working with arrays. see sample data below sheet 1 note sheet 1 contains approx 2500 rows column A column B 2295.60 sales.sam 17496 jobs.sue 14.45 trade.john 1775 trade.sam Sheet 2 should look in column B for .sam or .john and when foun return results to sheet 2 columns A and B sheet 2 contain variable number of rows depending on occurrences o sheet 1 Column A column B...

Can I Somehow load a Spread Sheet thru a Scanner
Hi, I am wondering if you guys may be aware of a hardware or a softwar product that can provide me the capability to put scanned table dat in a spread sheet format. For example, I make a Xerox copy of a data tabl from a book and now I scan it with a scanner. Now an option for me t manually enter that data numbers into spread sheet. So, my question t you is if you may have a software that can actually save me the manua typing of that data into a spread sheet format. Please let me know; an help is appreciated. Thanks in advance !!! Please email me a murashid@yahoo.com, if you may have any hints...

excel, how do I copy graphs to a 2nd & 3rd sheets ?
G'day, Our organisation is conducting repeating Customer surveys throughout the year. We have 28 sites, each will manage it's own surveys with it's own Excel Workbook. Some will do five or six surveys, some will do thirty. I have to create the Workbooks for each site. I have created a single Sheet to deal with each survey. It includes data from the questions and charts comparing the answers for each of the questions. When I copy the 1st sheet & paste it on the 2nd sheet, the charts now on the 2nd sheet refer to the data on the 1st sheet. Is there a proper way to copy...

group/ungroup protected sheets?
Is it possible to allow users to group & ungroup rows in a protected sheet? You must have the Data>Group and Outline area pre-set. Then you add event code to the worksheet module. Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() With Me .Protect Password:="justme", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True End With End Sub This will allow showing and hiding detail on a protected sheet. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:41:01 -0700, RLD <RLD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to allow users to group...

Help with time sheet
Hi all, Im trying to develop a time sheet log where it counts down my extended contract work that I have done. I've signed up for so many extra days of work a year and it logs my hours and tells me how may hours I have left to work. What I have does not seem to work, but is close. I've signed up for 15 days extra, at 6hr's and 50min a day. When I mark 15 in one cell, I have another cell calculate the hours for me. It's set with this formula =B7*TIME(6,50,0) I think that works well. The formula is sitting in F10. Then I log my time with the hours/minutes in the D c...

Transpose to different sheet
Sorry for the cross-posting, but I'm not sure where this is better placed. I need to take the data from an Access table and turn it into column headers in an Excel spreadsheet. I can easily export the data to a spreadsheet (call it sheet A), but it appears as a column. I then need to determine how many entries there are in the column, insert that number of columns in another spreadsheet in a different workbook (call it sheet B) and transpose the column in sheet A to populate row 1 in sheet B. My question is, is there an easier way to do this, perhaps by determining the number of ...