writing to a device connected via ethernet

I was wondering if someone could point to a good web site with examples
on how to communicate and send data to a device across the ethernet
port.  What I have is a mobile PC connected to a barcode printer which
has an ethernet port and they are connected together via a network
crossover cable.  I have never done any of this stuff so I would need
some information that is fairly basic.  I am familiar with networks, but
  I have never accessed a printer on a network before.  Oh, I am using
Windows XP Pro.

	Z.K.
0
nospam2791 (369)
11/9/2005 5:09:53 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Z.K. wrote:

> I was wondering if someone could point to a good web site with examples
> on how to communicate and send data to a device across the ethernet
> port.  What I have is a mobile PC connected to a barcode printer which
> has an ethernet port and they are connected together via a network
> crossover cable.  I have never done any of this stuff so I would need
> some information that is fairly basic.  I am familiar with networks, but
>  I have never accessed a printer on a network before.  Oh, I am using
> Windows XP Pro.
>
>     Z.K.

Is a printer driver provided for this printer?  For most printers (with
   a driver) you don't have to do the ethernet yourself...you simply
open the printer and print (and the driver does the ethernet).

If you are sure you need to directly communicate with the printer then
review the MFC samples that use CAsyncSocket in the help.  For tutorial
information about network programming see http://tangentsoft.net/wskfaq/

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
Scott

CAsyncSocket connect problem #2
Okay, Here is my network setup: My pc NIC IP is 10.128.98.121 My remote pc IP is 10.128.98.100 Now I wrote the CAsyncSocket class that will call Connect("10.128.98.100", 1234). By right, it should return error trying to establish connection to the remote pc which is on the same network (as I can PING it) but the function returns me 0 which means it fails. Why is that? Am I missing something? Mike cybernerdsx2 wrote: > Okay, > > Here is my network setup: > > > My pc NIC IP is 10.128.98.121 > My remote pc IP is 10.128.98.100 > > > Now I wr...

USB RFID Reader device to Excel via HID
Who can give me guidance on setting up 2 or more devices so that they place the information they read into separate columns within a spreadsheet. I am advised that I need to use WM_INPUT messages etc. Currently the USB RFID read devices work fine, except that the information from 2 or more devices all go in the same column which is the position of the active cell. It maybe that I have to set up via VBA in Excel ? Charlie ...

DSN-less Connections
This article discusses two methods by which a DSN-less connection can be made to SQLServer. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892490 One uses the CreateTableDef the other uses DAO.RegisterDatabase. Any suggestions as to which would be the preferred approach? Any opinions about either? I'm inclined to stay awy from the first since it captures user name and pwd. David C. Holley wrote: > This article discusses two methods by which a DSN-less connection can be > made to SQLServer. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892490 > > One uses the CreateTableDef the oth...

Set date range and filter results via form/menu for Report Preview
I created a form to use as a "print menu" for a report. You can select the date range (txtStartDate and txtStopDate). I have this part of the code working. However, I also need to be able to filter based on the job flag: [Flag] with value of 1, 2 or 3-- OR show all (still applying the date range). I created a list box on the form and named it [ReportFilter]. It's bound to the first column (hidden) with 0 for All, 1, 2 and 3 to correspond with the Flag names. I can't figure out how to get All records to show on top of not being able to incorporate with the above date range. H...

Launching Excel by opening an .xls file via Windows Explr
I have Excel 2002 SP-2 installed. When I open an .xls file via Windows Explorer it takes at least 20 seconds to open Excel and about another 5-10 to open the .xls file. The ..xls file can be as small as 26K and still it takes 30 seconds or so to open. However, if I open Excel first (it takes less than five seconds to launch Excel) and then open the .xls file using Excel, then the file opens almost instantly. Any ideas on why this is the case? Thanks Hi Kevin Read this pages to solve your problem Opening/Saving Bottlenecks (Charles Williams) http://www.decisionmodels.com/optspeedd.htm#...

mail domain connection
I have a question on exchange 2003. I currently use a 5.5 server and it is setup to send mail to another mail server. For example, if mail comes in for our regular email user@domain.com it stays within exchange 5.5. But if it is attempting to deliver to user@server.domain.com, echange 5.5 routes it to that server.domain.com. This is setup under IMS>connections tab>email domain My question is how do I set this up under 2003? Thanks, ...

Using Office 2k3 functionality via Information Bridge Framework
Hi all, Firstly, I have overcome many obstacles by reading these newsgroups. Keep up the good work! My CRM installation is ready and I was confronted with the lack of front-end application coupling. Functionality like typing letters should be coupled to Word, as well as making a quote. In my opinion that is. Now I found the IBF (Information Bridge Framework) which should make my life easier. Although during install, I get the following error: "Microsoft CRM is not installed on this computer" Which is absurd, because it is installed and working properly! I followed the diffe...

different interface for Catagories (native or via 3rd party app?)
Hi, I try to use categories with outlook to help me organize my billion and one emails but i am finding it awkward. I am a huge del.icio.us fan, and there are some things i like about their bookmarklet that would really come in handy with outlook like the automatic suggestions, the cloud of tags (that can be sorted by frequency of use or alphanumeric). Is there a way to have a pane (or at the *Very*least* resize the category window) that is alway open where i can quickly select categories/tags. I am looking for solutions either within outlook or some third party adon/plugin that would give th...

read write to public folders
Hi, Is it possible to read & write to Public Folders from external applications, if so would I find the file layout information? Does the file layout of the public folders change from version to version of exchange? Thanks Ian ...

explorer quits when connecting to CRM
Hi there!!! Saw someone in one of the newsgroups that had a problem with the browser closing as soon as you want to connect to CRM. My collegue found a possible answer/ solution. He has a google toolbar on his browser and the pop-up setting was enabled(means no pup-ups must appear). When he disabled that his CRM worked on his browser. Hope the person sees this!!!!! Good luck jan we say this problem at least a few times a week but thanks for the reminder anyway! "janvanvuuren sa" <jan@eprime.co.za> wrote in message news:545c6dbe.0404230139.24cb8c00@posting.google.com... &g...

Sending emails via keylogger
Hi, I'm trying to set up cybersitter 10 to send me a daily email report via email. I'm using Sky internet as a service provider, but use Gmail for all my email accounts. Cybersitter asks me for my 'smtp' but i dont know if I should be using Sky or Gmail smtp and what port setting to use. Has anyone any dealings or knowledge of setting up such accounts?, any help would be great... Many thanks... Allan. PS keep it simple as I'm not a great techie !!! Ta. Set it however you've got your normal email program (presumably Outlook since you're posting in an Outlook n...

SFO Connection Refused
Howdy group, I'm having a problem displaying SFO after new install (company-wide)... For some reason, SFO is returning the following error when attempting to access any folder: "10061 - Connection refused Internet Security and Acceleration Server" I can access when I change internet options to not use a proxy server. But then no extranet! I've tried inputting the server name\url to proxy exceptions, but it will still not display. Any thoughts on where I ought to look next? If your SFO client is online then in fact you are accessing CRM as if you were just acc...

I am trying to write a macro using If...Then
I am trying to write a macro that will look at the value in column G. If that value is blank or zero, then select the entire row and delete it. Then I want it to populate columns A with a number "111119" and column H with "TEXT" Here's what I tried, but it's not working. (There are other sorts, etc. that precede this item in the macro, that seem to be working fine.) If Range("g:g") < 1 = true Then ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Tab3 Upload").Rows.Select Selection.Delete End If If Range("b:b") >...

Remote Connection
I'm currently utilizing Great Plains 7.5 with SQL Server 2000. I have ten maintenance foreman who access the service call management module via a broadband virtual private network; average bandwidth of 400Kbps. The computers the maintenance foreman have are 1.6Ghz processor with 256Mb RAM. There is considerable latency when the maintenance foreman access the service call management module, is there any way to increase the performance. Any ideas? Thanks! Hi Have you thought about using terminal services to host your client applications for remote users? Regards James --...

publisher cannot write to a file on a network drive
Publisher can not write to K:\...\...\newsletter.pub to the disk. Your hard disk may be full or hardware problems. The network drive is not full and the user has full control over the folder she is trying to save to. The user can write to the folder with other apps, i.e. word Dan Thannhauser wrote: > Publisher can not write to K:\...\...\newsletter.pub to the disk. > > Your hard disk may be full or hardware problems. > > The network drive is not full and the user has full control over the > folder she is trying to save to. > > The user can write to the folder with...

I need a template for writing personal checks
I have a form set up in MS Publisher but I have to revise it everytime I want to write a check, I would like to have a template that would allow me write checks that match my personal checks. Regular size checks? There is a .wmf here, http://msauer.mvps.org/graphics.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Gee Gee Wood" <Gee Gee Wood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B060B1D-E7D7-4DA4-9D4D-7B532A19BEBF@microsoft.com... >I have a form set up in MS Publisher but I have to revise it ever...

Connect to CRM trough VPN
I've installed MS CRM as a new virtual Website with a Hostheader Value called "crm". I made the CNAME Entry in the DNS Settings (crm ->servername.domain.local). Everthing works fine in the Local Network but when i try to connect with a VPN Connection, i can't open the CRM Homepage. If i try to "ping" to the crm homepage or the companyweb, the workstation didn't found a entry. Does a CNAME don't work trough a VPN Connection? use the nslookup command to validate the entry. This should work with with VPN. Which server is running dns? -- John O'...

How to: class library write back to form
Hi, I=92m new to programming and I have a 2-tier app. A form and a class library. I know to call the class library I need to add a reference to the class library project, add a Using statement and instantiate the CL. In the CL I want to do some processing and update a text box back in the form. How to update the form from the class library? Do I need to add a reference from the CL to the EXE project? And do I need to instantiate the form to be able to update the textbox? Thanks much! MP Also, just to be a little clearer, I'm not talking about returning a value, I mean,...

Need help writing an update query
I'm not good at this so I need some help. Here's what I want to do. I have two tables with fields that need linked to add an update. To show what I want to do I have put the table and fields in brackets. Thanks. Here it is: If [Status Table:Status=Sold or No Bid] and [Status Table:Date=1/11/2008] then in [List Table:Publication Fee] enter [$30.00] On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:23:17 -0800, Rick <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm not good at this so I need some help. Here's what I want to do. I have >two tables with fields that need linked to add a...

Send internal email MUST via smarthost
How can I send internal mail must use smarthost too? I am not aware of a way to do that. What functionality will the smarthost provide? Nue "Phantasmagoria" <lichqueen@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u$71M6gUGHA.736@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > How can I send internal mail must use smarthost too? > I mean when I send email to different domain, it will send through the smarthost, but if same domain(internal), it won't. So if my smarthost set to my ISP mail server, if I send to internal user, that mail must through smarthost too...anyone know how?? "...

Can I change the Comment Box arrow connection point?
Is there any way to change the point on a Comment Box where the tail end of the arrow it attached? Until today, all of the arrows in my workbook had been attached to the upper left-hand corner of the Comment Boxes. Today, I noticed that one of them is attached to the upper right-hand corner. I have no idea how that happened, but it seems to indicate that the attachment point can be moved. Can the arrow be attached to the center of the Comment Box so that when it is moved around, the tail always comes from the closest point? Comments have a habit of moving around. To reset all to default po...

HQ Connect?
I cannot find documentation or help that contains instructions for connecting store operations to HQ. Can anyone point me towards that information. I am having trouble making that connection. Thanks. Steve, HQ Admin | Help | Index tab | connecting to Headquarters does a pretty good job. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" under the MS Reta...

encrypted email connection error?
I'm using Outlook 2000. I haven't changed any settings, but suddenly I can't send any email. I get an "Email Scanner" message that says "An encrypted email connection has been detected. Please see help for more information on how to transmit encrypted email." I didn't think I was encrypting anything, and there's nothing in Help that solves this problem. Any ideas? ...

How to prevent windows xp from installing a device driver automatically?
Hi, How to prevent windows xp from installing a device driver automatically? Every time I plug my phone it installs the latest driver but I want to be able to install an old driver for it instead. Some of my test a repair equipments I used to test these phones are not working with the new driver. Thank you very much for your time. Mac Sorry Shenan, I replied to your personal email by mistake. But I really need help, hope someone would take the time to help me out. I can't install the old driver over the new one. The new driver was installed by a new Sony Ericsson...

make a million legally via mail
MAKE $5 MILLION LEGALLY VIA MAIL From: mame Category: Agenda Date: 2/15/2004 Time: 11:00:00 PM Remote Name: 68.88.7.108 Comments Fast Easy Money! Earn MILLIONS of $$$!!! MAKE MONEY! Well I'm asking you to send $10 and receive well over $5,000,000 (5 million bucks). I know it sounds crazy but here is what you have to do. Follow the instructions CAREFULLY. 1) Get 10 $1 bills and wrap them in separate pieces of paper each saying " Add me to your mailing list Please." Also your name and address. 2) Put these separate pieces of paper and put them into separate envelopes, sending ea...