Wizard button text

I am creating a Wizard with slightly non-standard 
behaviour and I need to change the text of the Finished 
and Cancel buttons.

I can use SetFinishText() for the Finished button but 
can't see a way to change the text of the Cancel button. 
Is it possible to do this?

The reason I want this behaviour is that the Wizard 
allows the user to configure devices and I want them to 
be able to set up several devices without restarting the 
Wizard each time. So the "Finished" button would be 
better labelled "Configure" or "Apply" because it applies 
the settings to the device and then returns to the device 
selection page and the "Cancel" button would be better 
labelled "Done" or "Finished" because it quits the wizard 
when all required devices are set up.
0
anonymous (74722)
1/13/2004 10:05:06 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

3 Replies
498 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 8

Try

        BOOL CYourSheet::OnInitDialog()
        {
            CWnd* pCancelButton = GetDlgItem (IDCANCEL);
            if  ( pCancelButton  )
                pCancelButton->SetWindowText( TEXT("My Cancel Button") );

            ........
            ........
        }

-- 
Cheers
Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP]
-----------------------------------

"Al" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:078c01c3d9bc$b81a0d60$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> I am creating a Wizard with slightly non-standard
> behaviour and I need to change the text of the Finished
> and Cancel buttons.
>
> I can use SetFinishText() for the Finished button but
> can't see a way to change the text of the Cancel button.
> Is it possible to do this?
>
> The reason I want this behaviour is that the Wizard
> allows the user to configure devices and I want them to
> be able to set up several devices without restarting the
> Wizard each time. So the "Finished" button would be
> better labelled "Configure" or "Apply" because it applies
> the settings to the device and then returns to the device
> selection page and the "Cancel" button would be better
> labelled "Done" or "Finished" because it quits the wizard
> when all required devices are set up.


0
CheckAbdoul
1/13/2004 3:41:48 PM
With a slight change to make it work from the page rather 
than the sheet, it works! Many thanks. Now I've just got 
to handle the name changes on each page. Tedious.

--- Al.

Here's my version:

CWnd* pCancelButton = GetParent()->GetDlgItem (IDCANCEL);
if  ( pCancelButton  )
    pCancelButton->SetWindowText( _T("Wowzers!") );
	


>-----Original Message-----
>Try
>
>        BOOL CYourSheet::OnInitDialog()
>        {
>            CWnd* pCancelButton = GetDlgItem (IDCANCEL);
>            if  ( pCancelButton  )
>                pCancelButton->SetWindowText( TEXT("My 
Cancel Button") );
>
>            ........
>            ........
>        }
>
>-- 
>Cheers
>Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP]
>-----------------------------------
>
>"Al" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in 
message
>news:078c01c3d9bc$b81a0d60$a601280a@phx.gbl...
>> I am creating a Wizard with slightly non-standard
>> behaviour and I need to change the text of the Finished
>> and Cancel buttons.
>>
>> I can use SetFinishText() for the Finished button but
>> can't see a way to change the text of the Cancel 
button.
>> Is it possible to do this?
>>
>> The reason I want this behaviour is that the Wizard
>> allows the user to configure devices and I want them to
>> be able to set up several devices without restarting 
the
>> Wizard each time. So the "Finished" button would be
>> better labelled "Configure" or "Apply" because it 
applies
>> the settings to the device and then returns to the 
device
>> selection page and the "Cancel" button would be better
>> labelled "Done" or "Finished" because it quits the 
wizard
>> when all required devices are set up.
>
>
>.
>
0
anonymous (74722)
1/13/2004 5:33:14 PM
In that case, you might want to do the following

        CYourSheet* pSheet = STATIC_DOWNCAST( CYourSheet, GetParent() );

        if ( pSheet  )
        {
            CWnd* pCancelButton = pSheet->GetDlgItem (IDCANCEL);
            if  ( pCancelButton  )
                pCancelButton->SetWindowText( _T("Wowzers!") );
        }

-- 
Cheers
Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP]
-----------------------------------

"Al" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:025301c3d9fb$530067a0$a101280a@phx.gbl...
> With a slight change to make it work from the page rather
> than the sheet, it works! Many thanks. Now I've just got
> to handle the name changes on each page. Tedious.
>
> --- Al.
>
> Here's my version:
>
> CWnd* pCancelButton = GetParent()->GetDlgItem (IDCANCEL);
> if  ( pCancelButton  )
>     pCancelButton->SetWindowText( _T("Wowzers!") );
>
>
>
> >-----Original Message-----
> >Try
> >
> >        BOOL CYourSheet::OnInitDialog()
> >        {
> >            CWnd* pCancelButton = GetDlgItem (IDCANCEL);
> >            if  ( pCancelButton  )
> >                pCancelButton->SetWindowText( TEXT("My
> Cancel Button") );
> >
> >            ........
> >            ........
> >        }
> >
> >-- 
> >Cheers
> >Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP]
> >-----------------------------------
> >
> >"Al" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
> >news:078c01c3d9bc$b81a0d60$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> >> I am creating a Wizard with slightly non-standard
> >> behaviour and I need to change the text of the Finished
> >> and Cancel buttons.
> >>
> >> I can use SetFinishText() for the Finished button but
> >> can't see a way to change the text of the Cancel
> button.
> >> Is it possible to do this?
> >>
> >> The reason I want this behaviour is that the Wizard
> >> allows the user to configure devices and I want them to
> >> be able to set up several devices without restarting
> the
> >> Wizard each time. So the "Finished" button would be
> >> better labelled "Configure" or "Apply" because it
> applies
> >> the settings to the device and then returns to the
> device
> >> selection page and the "Cancel" button would be better
> >> labelled "Done" or "Finished" because it quits the
> wizard
> >> when all required devices are set up.
> >
> >
> >.
> >


0
CheckAbdoul
1/13/2004 7:52:49 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

sending attachments in rich text format
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_007C_01CA9538.F7528CD0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Can anybody tell me how I send an attachment with an e-mail from within Microsoft Office 2007 in rich text format please Wendy ------=_NextPart_000_007C_01CA9538.F7528CD0 Content-Type: image/gif; name="QMARK.GIF" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-ID: <7D394D5C2EB043D9A973E27399E2B9B5@andyPC> R0lGODlhEwAfAPcAAP8ICP8PDv8VFf8dHP8kI/...

Unable to Migrate Exchange 5.5 mail boxes to 2003 with the Migration Wizard
Hi, We are trying to migrate from and NT4 Domain with Exchange 5.5 to 2003/AD with Exchage 2003. We have the AD Domain set up. The NT4 Domain is still in place and on the same network, so our AD domain is similar but different (the "inc" has been dropped from the NetBIOS name). We have 2 Domain Controllers, and a brand new system to run Exchange 2003 on. It is clean, only has the OS and Exchange on it (we have problems when we get the critical updates. It seems linked to the exchange database going belly up, and we can't install exchange in the first place if the updates are ap...

Outlook 2002 on Exchange 5.5 -- RTF to Plain Text issues
The owner of our company wants ALL email sent to him in Rich Text Format so he can use an abbreviation program he has that works with MS Word when replying. I created a document telling people how to change their settings for Outlook to ensure all messages are sent in Rich Text. My problem is that since he travels so much he wants to be a POP user on our server. If I send him a message from my PC directly connected to the Exchange server he receives it in RTF. If the President of the company (who is also a POP user) sends him a msg in RTF he receives it in Plain Text. He wants me to expla...

Attachments convert to text format
When I send a message with an attachment in Outlook XP some receivers claim that all they receive is a text mail. My default mail format is plain text. If I change it to HTML I fear some recivers would not see the content at all. How can I solve it ? Note: I change the format of a particular mail if it contains an attachment, but sometimes I miss to do that. Tork2001 wrote: > When I send a message with an attachment in Outlook XP some receivers claim > that all they receive is a text mail. > My default mail format is plain text. If I change it to HTML I fear some > recivers ...

copying text on sheet 1 to corresponding cells on sheets 2 to 5
I want the text entered in A8 on sheet 1(named Productivity) to automatically transfer to A8 on sheets 2 thru 5. I used the simple formula =Productivity!a8 in the corresponding cells but when there is no data in Productivity A8 I get a 0 in the corresponding cells. I would like the corresponding cells to remain blank if there is not text in Productivity A8. I am really new to excel, like only used it two weeks! Is there a simple fix to this? -- newbie at large! Hi A formula will always return 0 if it's refering to an empty cell. This formula will let the cell look empty if no...

text in cell shows up as ####
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Text in cells in a coumn shows up as ####, apparently because there is a large amount of text. When I mouse over, the text shows. It also shows up in the formula bar. How can I copy and or print the text in these cell? <br><br>When I try to save these cells as text and transfer to Word, they continue to print as ###. text in cell shows up as #### <br> I am totally new to this whole environment! A new iMAC and this software. <br> However, in trying to learn how to use EXCEL, I found that...

Resizing Option Button?
Hello Friends, I have asked a Question in mrexcel.com. But, the reply was it is not possible. Please check the below link and tell me is doable. http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewt...7747&highlight= Thanks, Nawaf -- countryfan_nt ------------------------------------------------------------------------ countryfan_nt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11051 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=482535 No you can't, at least not the actual button part. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if ...

Hide text box
I am trying to hide a text box on a subform if a check box is = to false. I am close in doing so, but not there yet. This is what I have In the AfterUpdate property of the check box I have the following: Private Sub RevisedGrant_AfterUpdate() If Me![RevisedGrant] = True Then If MsgBox("Are you sure you want to revise this grant?", vbYesNo) = vbNo Then Me![RevisedGrant] = False MsgBox "Grant will NOT be revised", vbOKOnly Forms![DataEntryFrm]![ItemSubFrm]![Total$ofItemsRequestedSubfrm].Form![Revised Total Approved].Visibl...

Figures locked in text format
I imported data from a web page and used the feature that allows me to post the info to Excel with the destination formatting of the file I am posting it to. However, when I try to manipulate the data, as I have done in the past with other data, it will not let me reformat the text to number- no matter what I do to it. I've tried everything! I want to be able to sum the column, etc. Give us an example of the data you are working with. And what have you tried to "do to it"? Regards, Fred "Marcia" <Marcia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

List number of permutations for text nums
I've got 4 digit text nums in A1 down In B1 down, I would like to list the corresponding number of permutations, eg: 7777 1 1777 4 0044 6 2477 12 1234 24 Game for any formula, udf or other vba solution Thanks for insights Sub permutations() Dim I As Integer, J As Integer, Rng As Integer Rng =3D Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row J =3D 1 Range("A1").Select Do Until ActiveCell.Value =3D "" For I =3D 1 To Rng Cells(J, "D").Value =3D "'" & ActiveCell & Cells(I, &qu...

Cannot Delete a rule in the Rules Wizard
I am running Outlook 2002. I am trying to delete a rule in the rules wizard (I no longer want certain email to be sent to a special folder). In the 'Apply rules in the following order' box, I click the rule to delete. I then click delete (as directed by the Outlook help files). When I try to click OK, it gives the following message: 'A value in the Rule Description box has not been set..to set a value, click underlined words at the bottom of the Rules Wizard'. Can anyone offer some suggestions? Thanks, Howard ...

see chart from pushing button
how would I see a chart from pushing a button on the spreedsheet ? ...

Button Control Event: question
I have a small dialog that prints data it queries from a server to a listbox when a user presses a start button. What I'd like to do is to have the data continually print after the button is pressed until the user presses a stop button. So, I guess I would need to initiate some kind of continuous loop for the data querying/printing, but I'm unsure how to get the stop button to break the loop. If this even the best solution. Does anyone have any ideas of how I could accomplish this, or perhaps a better design idea? Thanks, Marcus Marcus wrote: > I have a small dialog that prints d...

Simple question about text within a cell
I can't seem to find the option that prevents text from covering the adjacent cell. For example if I type the folling in cell A1: All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth. Obviously that will overflow over the cell B1 (if there is no data in B1). I don't want to resize my column, I only want the cell to show as much text in A1 as possible without covering cell B1. I believe I've seen the option to do what I'm looking for but I can't seem to find it and I can't figure out how to look it up in the HELP file. Thanks in advance. Rick My simple solution ha...

Convert Text to Number on 4,508 excel files.
Hi all. I'm faced with a rather unique problem.I have a large amount of improperly formatted excel files. They all have various cells formatted as text, yet they contain numbers and perform calculations on the cells. I now need to get these in a proper state. What I need is: Conversion of all text boxes containing numbers over to proper format of number. Do it automagically. I don't relish the thought of opening each one individually and fixing it. Any thoughts, tips or ideas on this? It could possible if you process that works by Scripting . In Scripting engine 5.6 Filesystem...

Is Auto Expansion (i.e., wrap text) of a cell possible when the cell's contents are based on another cell?
I am trying to display the results from one tab (Tab 1) in another (Tab 2). So, for example, tab 2 contains the formula "=Tab1!A2". However, when the results are too large to fit the cell in tab 2 (i.e., the cell that contains a formula that draws from a cell in tab 1), the wrap text feature does not work unless i first double click in the cell in tab 2. Is there any way around this? Can the wrap text feature work automatically somehow? Or will i need to double click in every cell that contains text that doesn't fit into the cell. Thanks for any suggestions, or VBA code, th...

Conditional text field Total
Hi, In the detail section of a report I have a text box that based on a condition, it will be either a 0 or a 1. I want to total the control at the end of the report. I did this in another report a couple of years ago but it is not working now. In the previous report, the ControlSource of the total is = [TextBoxNameFromDetailSection] and it sums correctly. What am I doing wrong?? Thanks. Leah -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/201001/1 Thanks but I see what was missing - "running sum over ...

Importing Unicode Text File
Hi, I have a CSV (comma seperated) text file. The text in this file is Unicode (UTF-8). I can open the file in Notepad and, if I use a Unicode font, see the characters are correct in my text file. However, when I try to open this in Excel, it gets mangled- -the Japanese characters get converted into jibberish. I've tried opening a blank file, then using "Import External Data", but the Japanese characters in the file still wind up getting corrupted. What's BETTER is to change the "File Origin" to something other than my default of Windows(ANSI) to someth...

Hover buttons not loading quickly & Java Security Warning
Hi, I am pulling my hair out over this one! I'll be most grateful for any help. Here is the beginning of my new site: http://www.johnblaustein.com/web3/ You will notice that when the splash page transitions to the home.html page, the link images do not load immediately. I used FP2003's hover buttons for the links. The reason I want to use images instead of text for the links is so that the size of the links won't change if the user adjusts those browser settings. Can someone tell me why the buttons are loading so slowly? I suspect it is because the browse...

text box outline
In my text box, I can click on the text and a square dotted blue line that surrounds the text. I can then click on some other text and the same thing happens. How can I remove the Blue line. It seems to be in the edit mode but I have even saved it and locked it (protect) mode. Still has to blue outline. Help! and Thanks The dotted blue line is to show you the Text Box boundary for when you don't have a printable formatted and View Text Boundaries are set to OFF. Does pressing the ESCAPE key hide them? But they should clear when you move the cursor elsewhere. If they...

Add Text Together for Report
I tried to search for this one but not sure how to word it. What I am trying to figure out is how to make a report that adds all the text from a query together and displays it in one field. For example: I have a table that gets me the following data. deconid logdate log 14 12/06/2007 This is just a test 14 12/07/2007 yes.. This is a log 14 12/08/2007 Yet a log number three 14 12/09/2007 This is number 4 I would like it to display this data in a report like this: With DeconID 14, "12/09/2007- This is number 4 ~ 12/08/2007- yes.. Yet a log number three ~ 12/07/2007-...

text disappears when typing into express or word
I can be typing something in word or Outlook Express and without my doing anything to cause it to happen, the text totally disappears and there's no recovering it. I have run computer scans and they come up with nothing.Also, this doesn't happen all the time, only once a day for a few hours. Any ideas? On Mon, 08 Feb 2010 15:21:33 -0800, va wrote: > I can be typing something in word or Outlook Express and without my doing anything to cause it to happen, the text totally disappears and there's no recovering it. I have run computer scans and they come up with nothing.Also, this...

cursor moves too fast while shading text in columns
When I try to shade a portion of a column in excel or a word table, sometimes the cursor moves so quick to the end of the column that I can't get it to stop where I want the shading to stop. This does not happen in every table or every spreadsheet. Is there a setting somewhere that I'm overlooking?? Thanks for your help!! A better technique is to do a shift-click. Click on the first cell, then scroll down (or over), hold the shift key down, and click the last cell, all cells in between will be shaded "nanimadrina" wrote: > When I try to shade a portion of a colum...

create a button when pressed it will +1 to another field
Customer Survey- When a button or cell is pressed once it will add 1 to another existing field and every time it is pressed it will add another 1. Private Sub Commandbutton1_Click() Dim myRange as Range Dim myNumber as Long Set myRange =3D ActiveSheet.Range("a5") '<=3D=3D change myNumber =3D myRange.Value myNumber =3D myNumber + 1 myRange.Value =3D myNumber End Sub susan On Nov 24, 9:25=A0am, mswisher <mswis...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Customer Survey- When a button or cell is pressed once it will...

text length in a text box versus memo field
I have created a reoprt that uses a memo field. The problem I am having is that not all of the text in the memo field is showing up in the txtbox of the report. I have set the properties of the report field (data source qry!memofield) to can grow "yes" and have made the text field larger than needed on the report, but when I preview the Report or print it the text box in question only shows 202 charactures/spaces out of 310 in the tables memo field. How can I get the report to show and print all the information from the memo field. Could my text length be limited to the fact ...