Windows XP MARK or SPACE parity

Hello,

I've been developing a class in order to access the serial port in Win2000,
to communicate with a device network. I am using sticky parity to indicate
the peripherals which byte is an address and which is a data byte, so I
config parity as MARK or SPACE.
It works fine in Win2000, but when I try it in XP it doesn't work any more.
I've
watched the serial signals with an oscilloscope, and I could see that it
didn't do
the MARK parity at all.

Is there anything I should consider when I change from Win2000 XP?

Note: I'm working with dcb's, and SetCommState() to change parity.

Thanks for your help.
0
DFC (1)
3/22/2005 4:41:08 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Space Format From Excel to Notepad
I have an Excel file I need to save as notepad. I am able to save the file however I need there to be a specific number of charaters for each field. The first field should allow for 10 characters then 20 then 45. If there is data then the remaining should be followed by spaces. I need the notepad data to look like this: 1-10 1-20 1-45 Smith Henry Minnesota Jane Doe California It looks like this: Smith Henry Minnesota Jane Doe California Any ideas? Thank you for your help. You can use a second sheet to effectively copy the first ...

Opening Email Web Link In New Window
First off, I know about the "solution" to this problem wherein you go to IE's Tools->Internet Options->Advanced and uncheck "Reuse Windows for launching shortcuts". My problem is I use Mozilla and Mozilla doesn't control hyperlinks in Outlook. I hate to get legalistic about this, but the annoying "solution" everyone has to adopt to keep Outlook from trashing their web browser sessions is not only indicative of Microsoft's incompetence, but isn't this an anti-trust issue as well? Why couldn't the Outlook team simply do what IE does when...

Start Windows Live Mail with Newsgroups
When I start Windows Live Mail (using Windows 7), it displays Mail. I would like it to display Newsgroups, instead of Mail, because I use it primarily for Newsgroups. How do I get it to start with Newsgroups being displayed? - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com Explained here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop&tid=dd25475c-6dbd-46a4-b1db-54a260d177ef&mid=2ad24a4a-2fed-4852-9fc3-feadff11cab5&cat=&lang=&cr=&sloc=&p=3 -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] ...

WIndows Xp 64 bit Service Pack
How many service packs are there for windows xp 64 bit "Tom_AF7J" wrote: > How many service packs are there for windows xp 64 bit Two. Two. Tom_AF7J wrote: > How many service packs are there for windows xp 64 bit ...

create report from Purchasing Invoice Inquiry Zoom window
I'm using GP8.0 and SQLSERVER2K and I'm trying to create a report from Purchasing Invoice Inquiry Zoom window but I'm having trouble understanding the table relationships. Basically I need to see what checks have been paid against invoices. The only report available doesn't give this detail information. Can some please guide me in the right direction to solve this issue? Thanks. Table PM30300 is where you probably want to start....it has the apply information for all fully applied payables checks in the system. If you need info for partially applied checks, that would ...

Web Query broken in Office XP (worked in Excel 97)
Hi, I have an Excel web query that worked fine in excel 97 but will not work in Office XP (on NT4 or XP). Unfortunately the error reported is completely non- specific so no point putting in here, suffice to say it is error 1004. The queries access dynamic data from a database via a report server. I can run all queries in Excel 97 or IE with no problem but one is failing in Excel Office XP. I cannot find any documentation as to any changes between web queries in Excel 97 vs Excel in Office XP. So does anyone out there have any information that may help me resolve this? Many thanks, Jo...

Help with 0x800CCC0f error in Outllook XP and OE 6
I am helping a friend. This is on an HP laptop running WinXP Home edidtion. When tring to setup OL, we "tested" his setting, the bottom two items failed with a 0x800ccc0f error. I have deleted and recreated his account (same setting work fine on desktop, both going through the same router) I get the same thing. I then tested with OE 6 and had the same results error 0x800ccc0f. I worked with the ISP, and left them scratching their head. I have tried eliminating the router and going straight to the cable modem, same results. we have done a cold reboot, same thing, we dis abled AV, ...

Windows 7 Network Issues
Posted similar before but got no answers so here is another attempt but slightly different 1 laptop Wifi - Windows 7 Ultimate 1 desktop PC hard wired - Win XP Pro WiFi router Linksys WRT54GS flashed with DD-WRT firmware Both set to the same workgroup name Both can access the internet All was working fine until all of a sudden..... Laptop can ping PC but PC cannot ping laptop either by name or IP address. Switched off firewalls but problem remained Switched off ipv6 on laptop but again no joy I have searched the web and followed many advises found but I just cannot get the...

Gremlin in Excel 97 running on Windows XP Home edition
When transferring Excel files to Excel 97 installed on Windows XP Home Ed. from Excel 97 installed on Windows 95 or 98, the "Save as" window shows only the first letter of the file's name and will not accept the full name of the file even when completed manually by typing it in. The file saves only as "(First letter).xls". The file name must be completed in Excel once the file has been saved by going into the "Open file" menu window and right-clicking on the file name, then typing in the full name. However, it then automatically adds in the ".xl...

(0x800C0155,2) windows mail won't open
After an auto-install of Vista SP2, mail won't open. Only Vista installed on this pc, no anti-virus or other apps. Says can't open message store; program being used by another program... I have another PC on this network where I use the same name but worked before, only variable is SP2. Thank you for your time. I don't have any good suggestions on how to repair your Windows Mail, but upgrading to Windows Live Mail would be one solution. http://download.live.com/wlmail=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.asp...

Windows Scheduler
Hello, Has anyone ever used windows scheduler to launch a routine witin Access. I have a routine, that runs on an "on click" event. I would like to have this routine kick off at 4:00 a.m. every morning. Through the schedule wizard, I have been able to get my application launched, but I can't trigger the event so nothing happens. I do not want to change this to run when the DB is opened, because I do not want this routine to run every time the DB is launched. Hope this makes sense. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you, Roger One of my clients used the Win...

Window resets to A1 when entering data
I'm using Excel 2004 for Mac on a MacBook Pro with OS 10.5.8. When I go to enter data into a cell, the window automatically moves so that A1 is the uppermost left cell. This is very frustrating because I then have to find the cell I was entering data into by scrolling all over the place. Any ideas on why the cell I'm entering data into won't stay in view? not sure never seen a mac, but does it only happen in one workbook on one sheet? do you have any code on the code page? -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Mac User" <Mac User@discussions.micro...

Outlook XP connection
Hi Everyone Since the mailbox migration from an exchange 2000 to exchange 2003, most of the Outlook 2002 clients automatically change the server name's reference in user's profile. BUT some NOT 1���I don't understand why 2���Is it possible to change the server name's reference in user's profile by scripting for instance? Thank for Help Regards Franck V. ...

Unable to display window along top of screen for entering information.
I'm using Office 2003 with Windows XP. Every time I open Excel the window comes up without the narrow window along the top of the screen for editing and entry of text information into a cell. Can't get it back no matter how hard I try. Even tried reinstalling Office. Don J -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- View|Formula bar ??? Don J wrote: > > I'm using Office 2003 with Windows XP. Every time I open Excel the window > comes up without the narrow window along th...

MS Outlook XP
How do I merge two different Contacts Lists, i.e. mine with that of a collegue so we both have all the infromation? Many thanks in advance. ...

worksheet window couldn't be maximized
Hi, I found my worksheet couldn't be maximized no matter how many time I click the "Max.Button". P'se advise how to get it done. I'm running Excel 2002. Surfer Is the workbook protected? Tools|Protection|Unprotect workbook would be visible--and you may need a password to unprotect it. Surfer wrote: > > Hi, > > I found my worksheet couldn't be maximized no matter how many time I click > the "Max.Button". > P'se advise how to get it done. I'm running Excel 2002. > > Surfer -- Dave Peterson No, Under Tools|Protec...

How to minimize the db window
The db window is up, and my form is minimized. When I click on the Restore Up button, I would like the db window to minimize. Possible to do? James Hi Wayne, Thanks for replying. Believe me, I've tried all the events in every way I can think of, and I still can't seem to get it to work. What seems nuts to me is that there is no OnRestore event. What I want to do is this: Db window is open Form window is minimized When I restore the form window, I want the db window to minimize (rather than both be open at the same time) I'm hoping someone will give it a try and see w...

Nero 5 won't detect CD-RW drive in XP Home (SP3)
I've recently installed Nero 5.0 on a XP Home Version 2002 (Service Pack 3) system. I have a (LG brand) HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8481B Drive. For some reason, Nero 5.0 won't detect this drive at all. When I select "Choose Recorder" from witin Nero, it only detects the Image Recorder, not the CD-RW Drive. As a result, I cannot burn any CDs using Nero, it will only burn images to the Hard Drive. But I do know the CD-RW burner is working, because I can burn music files using Windows Media Player. It's just that Nero won't detect the CD-RW drive. I'm sure that ...

My Server running out of space
My NT server with Exchange 5.5 has 350MB left. How much free space is enough for a server with 10users? How to move database files to other disks? My priv.edb is 1.3GB, is there any way or software to resize it to half? I found proxy.csv in c:\smallbusiness\html\logs is 286MB. What's it and can I delete or move it to other disk without any harm? Thanks in advance. how large are your drives? 1.3 GB is small for any Exchange database...if you have a drive with more room, use the Exchange Optimizer to move the database to the larger drive... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Andy"...

command line to open a new windows live desktop note
Hello , I have read many posts including the command line flags notes but cant find a command line option just to open a new note without having to click on new note in the gui ? is there a flag for "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" that will do it ? Thank You What do you mean by opening a new note? Do you mean a new email message? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "bdfox" <bdfox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:62112F27-83C4-42...

Need help on usng windows control library component in mfc application
Hi , I have Created a Windows control library component to draw a bitmap image using VC.Net 2003 , I can able to use the component in wndows form application. I dont know how to use the same in VC.Net MFC application can any one help me in this. With regards, Sathish. ...

How to Connect Comcast Box to Windows Xp to TV Tuner
Hi , I have been trying to figure this out for a week now can someone please help greatly appreciated ? I have Dell Xps Gen 5 Desktop with built in Dual Tv tuner and have been trying to figure out how to set it up To my Comcast Box (Only 1 Comcast box) no top box , I had the cable hooked up from the comcast box to my desktop and threw Media Center setup I saw Tv picture , but when it comes to the option to change channels it Will not change the channels threw the Xp Controller. I don't know what I'm doing wrong any answers greatley appreciated thank you . what do...

problem with RMS on windows 7
we upgraded our QB (2010) computer to windows 7, RMS (2.0 SP 2) still on XP. Previously the direct interface from RMS to QB worked perfectly, now it fails to find the QB database file. MSFT support claims the interface is not certified... eg. does not work. Apparently they are working on the issue with intuit, but no timeline is provided. Has anyone resolved this issue? -- Lasting Impressions This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01CAA65D.EFC317B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printa...

Hiding opened windows icons on tray
When I run my application it instantiates some object which displays a window in the display center and also some small window on the tray, at the bottom of the screen. Can I hide this small window (without loosing functionality)? Thanks in advance Marom check these out http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/framewo...icle.php/c3227/ http://vcfaq.mvps.org/mfc/4.htm "Marom" <marom@mandat.com> wrote in message news:ulOBvEXOHHA.324@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > When I run my application it instantiates some object which displays a > window in the display center and also some small w...

"Cannot open the Outlook Window."
I got this message after running Outlook 7/Windows 7 for sometime without incident. I tried some to the suggested from the Web site. The first about deselecting the campatible switch did nothing. The deletion of a registry key allowed me to open Outlook, set up an email account, sent a test message, then crashed again. Any suggestions. Thank you. Which exact suggestion did you follow? The issue of "Cannot open the Outlook Window" is usually resolved by starting Outlook with the resetnavpane switch; Start-> type; outlook.exe /resetnavpane (note the space in th...