Windows Services #3

I want to provide a windows service.
And then I want to write an application so that interact with this
windows service.

notice:
I want to do these work in C++6.0 not in .NET Framework

--
Mojtaba

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

SQL 2005 Express Edition compatible with RMS 1.3
Hi everyone, Is SQL server 2005 Express Edition compatible with RMS 1.3 Store Ops. Will upgrading to SQL 2005 in Store Ops affect the HQ if at Office level we have SQL Server 2000 for Headquarters? Thanks, Jose Lugo jose@giordanoaruba.com Yes it is ok to upgrade to SQL 2005 with RMS 1.3 Store Ops. But all computers using RMS (SO Manager, HQ Client, SO POS etc.) should be upgraded to the same SQL version preferably. This will avoid complications of downloading SQL backward compatiblity files. Mihir Diviasoft, Inc www.diviasoft.com Microsoft Dynamics RMS partner in NJ / NY area. "...

open file from WinExplorer in new window
is Currently when i open an Excel file from WinExplorer, it shows up on the task bar but not open in a window where i can see the worksheet. Can that be set to always open in a new window? I thought I saw that choice with some application recently. I have just upgraded to using MS Office Excel 2007. I am not quite clear on what you are trying to achieve but based from my understanding I think you want to open several excel files in different windows? If you do, apparently excel doesn't do that, it only opens one windows tih all the documents inside. Please let me kno...

Unable to type into a CRM 3.0 form
I just switched to a Dell Latitude D610 and am running CRM 3.0 using both browser and Outlook 2003 client. I am working fine when all of a sudden, I can no longer type text onto a CRM form field. I am not locked up. I can still move my cursor, choose from a picklist, etc. I just cannot type into a text field. Any thoughts? May not be related however I have seen this with other web sites/forms. Do you have the google or msn toolbars installed? Try removing them and see if that fixes the problem. May not be related however I have seen this with other web sites/forms. Do you have the g...

debugging a windows service
I'm a newbie to windows service development. I have a service that was written using Visual C++ and I'm making changes to it. What is the best way to debug this service? Is there a way to set breakpoints or do any of the usual debug operations that you can do with a normal app? Thanks, E >I'm a newbie to windows service development. I have a service that was >written using Visual C++ and I'm making changes to it. What is the best way >to debug this service? Is there a way to set breakpoints or do any of the >usual debug operations that you can do with...

CRM 3.0 Installation eror
We are trying to install CRM 3.0 in a Windows 2003 Small Business Server that is member of a domain controlled by a Windows 2003 Sever Standard. The W2003 Std is the domain controller and the W2003 SBS Machine acts as Exchange and SQL Server (for test purposes). When the installation wizards check for system prerequisites show the following error: “The organizational unit does not exist”. The same error appears with CRM 3.0 Standard an with CRM 3.0 Small Business. How can we solve this problem?. Can we create the unit manually?. If we can, with which name? Hi Daniel, You can create ...

Publisher 2003 "2 page document changes to 3 page"
I have couple of files created in Publisher 2003 which worked fine on my computer until the hard drive crashed. After the recovery the text in the file reflows on the 3rd page and automatically. The same files work fine on another computer. The printer for both th computers is same i.e. "HP Laserjet 2840". I also tried Microsoft document image writer as the default printer. I later formatted my computer again and still the same thing happens. The file works fine and prints fine on another computer but in my computer the text flows on the 3rd page inspite of the font size bein...

can't start windows management services Can't install SQL Server E
I'm getting the error WMI windows management instructmentation module is not installed when I try to start windows management services. WHEN I RUN setup for SQL Server Express 2005. It says configuration checker cannot be executed. I try to start windows management services and it says could not start windows management instrumentation service on local computer. I searched for wmi.dll on my computer and I have it in c:\windows\servicepackfiles\i386 can I copy this file somewhere into the system so that it will start windows management services? Do you know if the .Net ...

Service start failure
Our BP server reports an MBF service that fails to start. Event ID 7022 The Microsoft Business Framework queued work item service hung on starting. I've google'd, searched MS Support, customerSource and found no reference to this exact error. Any ideas? Hi Vince, This is a common error. Sometimes the service actually starts after the error appears. As far as I can tell, it's an open issue--we haven't resolved it. The workaround is to start the service manually. Since the service is used to process HRM documents, you don't need to start it unless you're using...

Outlook 2007 crashes on startup under Windows 7
Hi On my old machine (with outlook express ) I installed outlook 2007 on it and it imported all my mail from the express version. Now I got a brand new windows 7 (64bits) machine and I installed office professional 2007 on it. I copied the outlook 2007 pst file from my old machine to the new one. However when I start outlook it crashes (both in normal and safe mode). I then modified the options to run it in windows XP mode. This works BUT outlook does function properly: - I created several email accounts but when I try to modify the one that is the "default" I ...

Windows Mail doesn't get my mail after the first time
Windows mail successfully looks for and loads all mail when first launched but after that all attempts produce errors. I have to delete the program and reload each time to check for new mail. Why might that be please? The check for new mail box is ticked by the way. And the Send/Receive button produces - the same result - all tasks failed. Help please !! What do you mean by "delete the program"? Windows Mail can't be deleted. Perhaps you meant, close the program. Do you get an error message? If so, right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it i...

Merge using Excel 2002 and Hummingbird Docs Open 3.9.0 Build 199
Hi, I have a merge form set up in Word. The data source is an excel file. When I click on Docs Open Mail Merge, a box comes up in docs open saying to choose the main document. When I click on the main document the next boxes comes up saying to choose the data source. I select the data source and it opens, but nothing happens. The next step should be to click on merge, but it is grayed out and it is still asking to choose the data source. The merge works fine if I do it outside of Docs Open, but I have to be able to do it within Docs Open. Can you help? ...

Microsoft will be disabling all Windows prior to Vista
On June 1, 2010. Microsoft will be disabling the operating systems from ALL computers worldwide, if the operating system was created prior to Windows Vista. This includes anyone using Windows 3.x, Win95, Win98, WinME, and Windows XP. It includes all original or upgraded versions, such as XP or XP-SP3. If you are using any of these operating systems, they will be disabled on your computer on this date. Only persons using Windows Vista and Windows 7 will be able to continue using their computers. When Windows is disabled, none of you personal data will be removed or destroyed. Yo...

Duplicate File Message opening an Excel 97 file from Windows Expl.
When I open an Excel 97 file from Windows Explorer or the Documents menu of the Start button, the document opens, and I get a message that "A document with the name "XXXXX" is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name, evan if the documents are in different folders." If I start Excel, firs, I don't get this message. Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mark B wrote: > When I open an Excel 97 file from Windows Explorer or the Documents > menu of the Start button, the ...

TIMER #3
Hi, I am a beginner to MFC and trying to develop a Dialog only application.I am stuck at the pt where a timer has to be put in the ....aa I dont know where it is to be put. I can easily do this in Win 32 but have no idea how to do it in MFC. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Kinds Regards, abhay Hello, AFAIK you would have to call CWnd::SetTimer() yourself, then add an OnTimer() handler or when you call the SetTimer() you can register a callback. -- Elias "Abhay Misra" <abhay_m@lycos.com> wrote in message news:#qgc1VX4DHA.2656@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi...

Query where 3 Fields must contain same value
I would like to write a query that pulls records where the value in 3 different Columns is the same. Example: Return records where each field below contains same value Return below records Field1 | Field2 | Field3 | 150 150 150 Do not return rows like below Field1 | Field2 | Field3 | 175 26 15 -- Brian Conner Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server-programming/200911/1 WHERE Col1 = Col2 AND Col2 = C...

Time formulas #3
Hello, I would like assistance with a "simple" time formula. a b 1 9:15:00 9:20:05 The formula I tried to use was "=a1-b1" but no luck. Suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks & Cheers Negative times display as ######## in the 1900 date system. If you want see negative times, you can change to the 1904 date system (Tools/Options/Calculation). For more, see http://cpearson.com/excel/datetime.htm#AddingTimes In article <FE47C4C5-BA28-4C3F-A224-D06929F8BCAA@microsoft.com>, "edver" <edver@discussions.microso...

BP 4 for GP10 and Sharepoint 3
Hi all/Rob, Our company currently upgrade GP from 9.0 to 10.0, and when we were in GP 9.0, we had BP3 running (we still have BP 3.0 running at the moment), and since the upgrade of GP, we also created new companies. So, in this case BP3 will not be able to retrive the date from newly created companies. So, at this point, I think we need to upgrade to GP4(this is BP for GP10.0). As I know, BP 4.0 sits on WSS 3.0, and it also requires .NET Framework 3.0 to be installed. And right now, we are using WSS 2.0, and I want to upgrade from 2.0 to 3.0. I have read a document called BusinessPorta...

Calling a stateful web service
Hi, I need to call a stateful JAVA web service in .NET. Anyone know how it's done? Thanks __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4627 (20091121) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com for WS-Address support see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc540766.aspx or you use the WCF 4.0 beta. it has a discovery service that supports WS-Address. -- bruce (sqlwork.com) Pavel Yosifovich wrote: > Hi, > > I need to call a stateful JAVA web servic...

Services not starting
When I reboot/power on my Exchange server two services fail to start they are; Microsoft Exchange Information Store Microsoft Exchange System Attendant When I start the information store the other one turns on... but why doesnt information store start at all? Woady On Sun, 8 May 2005 21:46:32 +0100, "Me" <me@me.com> wrote: >When I reboot/power on my Exchange server two services fail to start they >are; > >Microsoft Exchange Information Store >Microsoft Exchange System Attendant > >When I start the information store the other one turns on... but w...

Remove Unused fields from Advanced Find (Microsoft CRM 3.0)
I am wondering if anyone knows how to remove the unused fields from advanced find so that users don't have to see them. I know I can update the display names for the unused fields to start with "z-not used-<fieldname>" so they show up at the bottom of the advanced find list of fields. Does anyone know if there is away to have advanced find just not show all the out of the box fields that we do not use. Is there a way to modify the object XML and then import it in so it only shows the fields I want to show and allow users to search on instead of all the fields. Tha...

Make a Windows taskbar button to open an Excel worksheet?
I have a particular Excel 97 spreadsheet that I use everyday, and which I access countless times each day. The way I get to it each time I want to use it, is to first click the Microsoft Excel button on the Windows 98 task bar, and then in Excel I click the "Window" menu button at the top of the screen, and finally click the name of the my Excel worksheet. That makes three clicks (along with the wait time after each click on this yard sale P-133 of mine). I'm wondering if there might be a way that I could create a button or icon on my Windows 98 taskbar or in my system tray th...

Delete next email in Microsoft Outlook Inbox is disabled in 3.0
After installing Microsoft CRM Laptop client, The feature in Outlook. Tools-->Options-->Preferences-->Email (First section in the tab)--->Email Options (button beside Junk-email)-->Message Handling-->Choose 'Open the next item' in the dropdown. This feature is disabled. If you choose this option from dropdown, you still end up with a view of the inbox instead of the next item to read or delete. Anyone seen this before? what could be the resolution? thnx, -m ...

Windows stuck at 125%
When I go to the task bar, the pop up that allows you to change the screen size between 100%, 125% and 150% doesn't show up to make the change back to 100%. Thanks for any ideas. Bob Use CTRL and the + and - keys. -- -- "The Dog Breeders List" <rltutt@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:AC17E05F-9910-44BD-8267-9E61E8C33AF8@microsoft.com... > When I go to the task bar, the pop up that allows you to change the screen > size between 100%, 125% and 150% doesn't show up to make the change back > to 100%. > > Thanks for any idea...

Receipt Printer Windows Driver
Is there anyway for the cash drawer not to open when doing a reprint while using a windows printer rather than OPOS? Thanks, Steve ...

very important for your life... #3
Hi there ... Thank you for reading this message . Did you here about Islam? I mean the real Islam... Do you have some questions in your religion and you don't have the answers for them? Do you know that you have to condemns in Islam? Ok... just visit these sites, read and download any thing you want for free and I wish that you will have a good time with the sites below: Islamhouse.com website for spreading Islam in the different world's languages: Holy Quran, Books, Audio, Articles, Fatawa, Video Islam Question and Answer Islamtoday.Com Islam Guide: A Brief Illustrated Gui...