Windows Media Player Control 6.4.09.1130, VC7.0++ MFC, Unknow error when playing .asx file

Hello,

I have a VC7.0 MFC application which was built using VS2003.  In makes use
of the Windows Media Player Control 6.4.09.1130, I give it a url to a .asx
file which in turn has a reference to a MMS:// location on the same server.
If I directly input the url containing the location to the .asx file into my
web browser then media player 9.0 launches and is able to successfully play
my media file.  If however I try to launch the same url containing the .asx
file from within my application which makes use of Windows Media Player
Control 6.4.09.1130, I then get "An unknown error has occurred.
(Error=80004005)".  No changes have been made to this application and this
functionality use to work flawlessly.  Now over the last couple of months it
no longer works.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

PST file locaion under Win7
Hi, Where does outlook 2007 keeps PST files under windows7? Apparently under Users/myname there is no folder AppData\Local... Thank you for your help. ...

Linking files 2 ways

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Maximum file sizes

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

File size #11

Count If Formula #4

Document Viewer installer error

find action on log file

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

Error 550 Relaying denied

mouse highlighting webbrowser control
Hi, I'm using the webbrowser control. Mouse highligting isn't working (ie. pressing and holding the left mouse button, moving over the items/text to highlight and releasing). Is this something I have to implement manually or is there another reason why this isn't working? Thanks, Craig ...

how to find an item in a list control?

Columns #4
My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Hi Me! I'm just guessing what you mean. Use: Tools > Options > General Remove check from "R1C1 reference style" OK -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "me" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D9050B-079C-476D-B5B6-84445F60EA51@microsoft.com... > My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Another gue...

Load image in a unbound control from a attachment field in recor
I have a unbound (single not continuious) form with 16 differant records from the same recordset. No problem loading the this data from recordset in VBA. PROBLEM I need to know how to load the unbound controls with Image's from an attachment field in another recordset The normal method of control = Rs!field does not work Please advise -- Thanks Tom dans l'article 78DC5502-3A76-4562-AA20-736446AB1448@microsoft.com, Tom � Tom@discussions.microsoft.com a �crit le 21/01/08 20:28�: > I have a unbound (single not continuious) form with 16 differant records from > the same record...